I'm a chem PhD and I know absolutely nothing about investing. How am I doing so far? Been in about 3 months

I'm a chem PhD and I know absolutely nothing about investing. How am I doing so far? Been in about 3 months.

Gtfo blue chip fag

what does blue chip mean?

You earned a PhD? You could have researched before asking that asinine question, yes?

Also, a rising tide lifts all boats and all that.

Google it, senpai.

Google says its investing in "quality" companies. I wouldn't say that is what I am doing.

So you are saying I have been lucky and timed my entrance in to the market well.

I'd suggest diversifying further. A good place to start would be to look at smaller companies doing cutting-edge research related to your field. If you find one that looks promising, buy a small number of shares. Anywhere you can apply professional knowledge will give you an edge.

Thanks, I've been looking into Pharma companies, however late stage drug trials, even promising ones, often fail causing the stocks to quickly drop. I see this as being too risky of a sector to invest in. So for now I'm staying away.

I worked construction on a project for a company called PACIFIC BIO. Their ticker is Pacb. I could have made some money on it, when it sank and rebounded, but if I was working on a 40$ million dollar project for them, i know theyll be around for a while and their stock price will shoot up. All it is a matter of is a waiting game.

i hope u arnt holding that uvxy

Sold this morning up 20%. Bought it Monday

>Diversifying

No stop being a fucking retard. It took Warren Buffett decades to diversify. The truth is not all industries are cheap.

Essentially yes
You came into a rallying market. Started sometime between election day and now? You could've bought any large cap stock and still made money especially in the blue chips like said above.
Better options are companies that buy drugs developed by those small pharmas. Pfizer, merck and the like. Lots of money to be made in those deals on the small side but getting there is risky.

I have about 50k and am 25. I don't think I have enough to diversify. I put 2k into 10 stocks. I don't feel confident due to a lack of knowledge in the market to go all in to diversify my portfolio.

Diversification just multiplies losses. Hedge your investments with options and ensure cash flows using a well-kept fixed income portfolio.

just buy ETF's you dullard

also that UVXY is a red hot poker right up your ass if you hold it longer than a week, i think you're larping because it takes experience to be dumb enough to hold UVXY

can u post the unblocked version we wont steal your atm credit info

no one has money or the time to look at stocks that look promising in the future. im pretty sure OP wants money asap.

Lets be honest here. You're not special, you've came into the market when the bulls are in full heat. You could literally buy stocks in a Josef Fritzl themed daycare centre and make 3-4% easily.

The real test is if you sense the downturn quick enough to start shorting the fuck out of overpriced dogshit stocks like AMD.

You seem wise.

I'm bagholding OCRX@$0.62, RGSE @$2.25 and URRE@$2.19 right now.

I'm down 12.5%. Halp..?

Thanks. I just bought 100 shares of AMD