I know it's super unprofessional to quit without notice...

I know it's super unprofessional to quit without notice, but I've been working at Walmart for less than three months (my probation period ends March 1), and I am ///not happy/// at all there. Shit is starting to affect my life outside Walmart, and I can't have that happen right now with school and my other job.
I'm planning on going over this afternoon and just handing in my badge, and walking out never to return. Is that an okay way of doing it? Or do I have to wait out another week until my three months are up? I really don't want to give notice and have this go on for longer.
Any help would be much appreciated. I'm in Canada, if that changes anything. Thank you

It's fucking Wal-Mart, nobody gives a shit

He fell for the "2 weeks notice" meme.

You're not a slave. You're free to walk out on a job anytime you like. Giving 2 weeks notice is just a courtesy and is only important if you intend on using your employer as a reference for your net job. Personally I'd e ashamed to admit I worked in Walmart so a reference is no good in your situation anyway.

I know how you feel. My 90 day period ends March 15th and I will get a huge pay raise, but I fucking hate working here. I know that once I get that raise, my parents will force me to live on my own. Then I will be trapped with bills and rent and can't afford to quit or go back to school or anything. It's been making me really stressed out lately. It's either quit and lose the highest paying job I could possibly get around the area or keep working and be miserable for the rest of my life.

I'm thinking of just sticking it out for as long as I can living frugally and saving. Then just pack up and drive to wherever the road takes me. I've done it before when I turned 18 but I was only gone for 7 months. This time I will be more prepared.

The idea is to not leave your employer in a jam. This mostly applies to small business or highly specialized job roles that could take a little while to fill. You are a wagecuck at Walmart. They have 1000 other zombies like you. You have nothing to worry about and they won't give a fuck either. Take advantage of being able to do it now before you get a job where you can't It will be cathartic. When I was a lowly wageslave in my teens, I decided I didn't;t like my job at Subway and wanted to quit. However, I decided to have some fun with it so I kept working until something happened that pissed me off and I thought "this places sucks, I want to quit". Only instead of wishing about it, I already had it planned out and was ready. So I just told my manager I was leaving because I hate it here and left. It felt so good, and I still look back on it fondly.

I think Walmart will be ok.

>Is that an okay way of doing it?

lol it's walmart. you could just not even hand in your badge. nobody cares and nobody is going to check walmart as a reference ever.

Walmart employee here: If you fail to give notice, you'll likely be "not eligible for rehire", which is one of the only things other employers can ask. If you don't care to put them on your resume and never wish to work for walmart again, then just do it.

It only matters if you care about a reference. You don't even need to hand you badge in. Just don't go. Who cares

I'm surprised Walmart even has badges.

I quit and a month later asked for my job back. They said they'd be happy to rehire me, but I'd have to wait 6 months. Who knows if they'll keep their word though.

fuck that shit my man, I held several jobs before and during college. I walked out of every single one when I was sick of it except for one that was a 6 month contract kind of situation. No one gave a shit. I list them if I want and just put friends names or something as references or say the store closed down. No one gives a fuck about that.

My first real job out of college I left after 3 years and gave 2 weeks notice and it was awkward as fuck. No way I would ever endure that for some bullshit min-wage shitter job.

Literally just stop showing up and move on with your life

I quit Kroger (similar job) over a text, and I was upper level at a store.

Who gives a fuck. It's fucking retail and I was at a non-union store. They'll fire you just as quick.

What the fuck is wrong with Americans why do they work two jobs and go to school all at the same time

It builds character you lazy Eurocommie.

Yes, if you quit you're ineligible for rehire immediately. It's 90 days here last I knew.

My store specifically will immediately terminate anyone in Asset Protection that tries to give notice. Anyone taking a position at a competing store as well, although I think that rule is just personal to our store manager.

Ask them if they would give you a 2 week notice if they wanted to fire you?

It's because we're so lazy.

Noone expects anything from people that qualify adjectives with "super" so you should be good. Best of luck with an alternative income which sounds to be nothing. You are clear all the way through to do anything at all because it doesnt fucking matter. Nice work

/thread

Former Wal Mart employee of two years here.

I worked third shift full time my first two years at uni. When my second summer came around I wanted to go work out at Philmont (scout ranch in the Ro it Mountains because I'm also a local Asst. Scoutmaster and it looked fun to be a ranger). I went to HR to find out how long of a personal LOA I could take (I would need 3 months) and they told me I could only take 2 weeks. I then told them that I would be dropping my two weeks then, and my manager let me use up all my sick time, and vacation time after the two weeks to finish the quarter (even though I'd be in New Mexico) so I was still employed for the quarter and got my $450 bonus.

I say do it, OP. If you're a hard worker and they love you, MGMT will help ya out, and I was told that I could start back up as soon as I got back, just drop my app and shoot them a text when I got back in town. It's always good to be professional, and while I appreciated it, I didn't return because I got a much higher paying job offer (for a college student) that I do now. I saw be courteous and do it, obviously you don't have to, but itmakes you look good as an individual too.

To join in, I've been accepted to dental school this fall. I'd like to work over the summer to earn some spending money.

Would just applying for non temporary part time jobs and quitting before classes start be scummy? Or should I tell them in advance I'd be only working temporary, even though it may hinder my chances at being hired?

Is there some honor code about this stuff?

Depends. They probably won't remember your interview by the time summer is over. You could always make up some bullshit before school starts, but what kind of precedent does that set for you?

If you want the job just for the money, go ahead and lie

It's fine as long as you don't use it as a reference