What is Veeky Forums opinion on stock trading?

What is Veeky Forums opinion on stock trading?

Other urls found in this thread:

stockfetcher.com/forums2/Filter-Exchange/Shills-ultimate-1-Filter/128126
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A lot of Veeky Forums believes they can get rich buying penny stocks, and have lots of moronic arguments for why this is true. Many also believe there is a strategy to winning the lottery.
The reality is that trading tends to be a losing game for anyone not extremely well funded, and even those people don't have a high success rate.
>inb4: Nu uh, not me, but this guy I know makes millions trading memestocks

I'm up 73% since March but I can see why low IQ individuals unlike me would struggle to beat the market.

This. Im up 95% since last february.
You have to be a real dumbass to actually LOOSE money. Like geniunely fucking retarded.
>im down a dollar, better sell everything at a loss

It's like doing your mom.

Sure you can make a few bucks here and there, but there are risks.

I'm not gonna lie, I use to do this. There is that untrained sensation where as soon as things go south you just want to hall ass and run. It took me practice to inhibit that emotion.

I've doubled my capital three times this year and make 5k a day easily.

I'm up 348% since yesterday just flipping a coin to decide which stocks to buy. You'd have to be a dead person to not make trillions in this market.

Exactly. You can only lose 100% of your investment in a stock. But you can make more than that with a good buy.

It sounds retarded and delusional but losses in the market aren't real until you realize them.

I sell what goes up and hold what goes down until it goes back up. No emotion.

So you hold your losers, preventing them from being invested in more profitable ventures, and let go of your winners, preventing them from giving you even more profit?

Sounds like a solid strategy.

Volume.
Price.
Charts.

They reveal all.

>Many also believe there is a strategy to winning the lottery.

lottery strategies do exist

its easy money in a bull market but the downturns do come and that is when it claims its victims.

Do options. Get rich.

The "you need x thousand to get started" argument has always been ridiculous and counterproductive.
2% is 2% whether you're in for one share or a thousand. How much money you have to stake has absolutely zero bearing on your success rate. You can always acquire more funding once you know what you're doing, and it's the wiser route.

Dubs confirms this user is right

You want to ride your winners and cut your losses fast

Ok so this is legit the most fucking retarded strategy I have ever encountered. If your money takes 5 years to realise a 5% profit because you're a pathetic nutsack-holder, you should have just thrown the money in an index fund.

I'm not saying drop at the slightest fall in price, but if you get stuck on the downwards slope, you're best dumping and switching to alternate stocks you have already scoped out.

The only real strategy for trading is to actually do BASIC research around the stocks you choose, or throw a bunch into ETFs if you're just a cunt.

The reason "x is needed to get started" is because trading fees wipe out your gains and this disappears after "x" because fees are normally fixed price and gains are %.

Very very basic principle of trading. Obviously this is not required if you're a brainlet robinhood user.

And saving money makes Robinhood users brainlets, because...?

Trading stocks is an easy way to make a profit. Not saying you're gonna do it and become a millionaire but you have to be fucking retarded to constantly lose money in the stock market

How much time a day do you spend trading? How much time do people you know spend on it and increase their profits? How does having a job and trading on the side day in day out working out?

Robinhood doesn't offer every product I want to trade. Generally it's good for what it offers. You become very limited by some of the regulations e.g. day trading limits etc.

1 hour every lunchtime Mon-Fri, 1 hour or more Sat-Sun, but I have ~70% weekends off when I have satisfactory research and positions (sometimes bagholding can be good if you know why you are doing it). Most of it I can do remotely though so it's not like I'm tied down to a desk for it.

Doesn't affect my job because it would be retarded to give up any of my work-time productivity for the very small gains micromanaging gives me (I do not day-trade often, although I can take a swift exit via mobile phone if my preset stock alerts go off during worktime.

Seriously it seems like people expect to be able to sperg all over the stock market and win long term, but sadly you're being FOOLED by an EXTREMELY BULLISH MARKET at the moment.

You can screenshot this prediction: August will see a LOT of people who got into trading this winter lose A LOT of money by repeating bad habits made during this mini-boom.

That's the idea I got from reading this thread. Doing this on the side seems like a good idea when you dont have to invest much money ( of course that means that your gains are going to be pocket change) and time (learning how to navigate robinhood is a completly negligible time investment compared to learning how markets work and how to value a companiy)

The idea is to generate a moderate cashflow by using knowledge and skills you already have (or don't) without giving up your work.time productivity

Sensei, please tell me about some bad habits to avoid.

Never buy a company you know nothing about based on trend-following. Trend following is probably the no.2 biggest mistake new traders do. You'll get pumped and dumped like a cheap whore.

>Citing dubs as a form of validation for a clearly moronic/bait post

Go back to /r9k/

please explain how was anything but sound advice

whats the number 1?

no.1 is gonna cost you $39.99 per month

shieet
was just wondering as i already have a decent experience with this stuff. (8k to 40k since october :^) )

In a bull market!? That's amazing!

oh dont worry i realize that

I turned 2k euros to 30k euros with pennystocks in a span of 6-7 months

You can make money on anything if you know how things work, stop deluding people

I'd like to see you prove that gain. Like a screenshot of the part of your portfolio that shows your gains/losses (so you can hide your uber excellent stock picks) for example.

how do you learn how things work?
books, investopedia, paper trading, actual trading - what?

>I made 1400% trading pennystocks
>stop deluding people
Lol. Maybe you should follow your own advice

fraudulently remortgage your relatives houses and use the money buying random shares according to how much you like their ticker symbol

SAME.

I don't get why so many people panic sell.

If you hold stock losers most of the time they will eventually go back up. When you panic sell and buy something else, you have less money and probably picked another loser stock.

I don't panic sell and I am up 30% on my portfolio from 6 months ago.

I'm currently holding RNVA. I bought it at 10 cents a share and it is really taking a shit. I'm confident if I give it a year I'll see a big gain on it.

Yeah.. yeah that's right. You've gotta be a real dumbass to actually let that money loose.

the more i learn, the more i think its a meme

>I don't get why so many people panic sell.

"Panic selling" implies a lack of control of your trading actions. Selling as soon as the security takes a turn you didn't expect and is beyond a certain pain threshold, is a sign of trading control and sound risk management. When you buy you expect a security to rise in value. When it goes down and locks you in, you're no longer in control of the situation and the only reason you're still in the security is that you don't want to "realize your loss" and confess to yourself that you made the wrong call, hoping for enough time to pass to eventually prove you right.

>If you hold stock losers most of the time they will eventually go back up.

Well, guess what? For most stocks, for example, time will prove you right since they are overall rising in value over the long term. But in the mean time, you have locked yourself into a not-as-profitable investment compared to many of the others.

>When you panic sell and buy something else, you have less money

You have less money regardless, as "there is no such thing as paper losses" in practical terms. You ALWAYS need to set a time & pain limit for any investment, as locking in becomes unprofitable. Did you know that the best investments are usually profitable right from the start?

>probably picked another loser stock.

If you're currently locked into a security that's making you lose money (and you know this), then you should definitely try investing it in something else that might actually have a decent chance of making you money. If your last investment made you lose money, then you should be considering your current trading strategy to avoid losing money again.

>RNVA

>I'm confident if I give it a year I'll see a big gain on it.

What's your reasoning? Picture related is RNVA compared to SP500 for the last 5 years. What are your main fundamental, technical, or sentimental indicators telling you that it will gain a lot in 1 year?

how do i learn what they reveal and how to use this to make money?

just google technical analysis and read everything you can

But theres so much bullshit. I dont know how to sort the cancer from the cure

I've been reading a lot on the stockfetcher forum and all the complex 'screeners' they post but in honesty i have no fucking idea what theyre talking about. stockfetcher.com/forums2/Filter-Exchange/Shills-ultimate-1-Filter/128126

I have just finished reading o'neils CANSLIM strategy and am starting with that.

what do you recommend i learn and have you actually made any money?

Stocks have historically been the only thing left of value after a collapse: see Mercedes after WW2 etc.

People buying bonds for a rainy day are delusional.

>I dont know how to sort the cancer from the cure

>what do you recommend i learn

You should read all the big books on the subject, and learn how to do rigorous tests of various indicators and trading techniques, to find out if they work or not. You'll learn a lot in the process.

Start quantifying and testing CANSLIM, for example.

"Measure what can be measured, and make measurable what is not so."