Rising Storm 2 General /RS2G/

Memory could not be written edition

Previous thread
This is a general for Red Orchestra 1/2, Rising Storm, and recently released Rising Storm 2.

Red Orchestra and Rising Storm are semi-realistic mostly multiplayer first person shooters with vehicular combat.

The latest iteration, Rising Storm 2, focuses on the Vietnam conflict.

>Official Steam Group Edition VVVVVV
steamcommunity.com/groups/rs2gsquadup

>Red Orchestra Ostfront store-page: store.steampowered.com/app/1200
>Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm store page: store.steampowered.com/app/35450
>Rising Storm 2 store page: store.steampowered.com/app/418460

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/gisman/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_(firearms)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/rs2g/ is dead, man. Have a bump though.

ded game

Fuck you, GI

GO HOME GI! I KILL YOU GI! GO HOME GI!!!

First for

>BF BC2: Vietnam is better

Realised games are basically decided by whatever team has better squad leaders.

A squad leader that knows how to flank, and put tunnel/hide in a flanked position, pretty much assures team victory.

Sadly SL is decided by whoever has the fasted loading computers, so you get retards who just run out and die, or don't plant tunnels at all.

>good leadership wins the fight
No shit. There's practically unlimited SL-slots though, so you have no excuse for staying with a bad one, and if your teammates do they're also retarded and you're gonna lose anyway.

>players have the option to choose their character's skin color
>almost never see a black GI

Really gets the ol' noggin joggin'

Shows you how stupid most of the player-base is when they don't pick the natural camo option.

Better dead than black

We need a Soviet-Afghan war expansion for Rising Storm 2 PlEASE!

AKM is such a piece of shit

Why?

Takes half a clip to kill someone

No it doesn't. How bad is your connection?

What determines how quickly you see the class select window? CPU? HDD? Internet speed? I never get to pick the meme classes

I FACK U BIG BOI

A fuckload of things. My load times got noticeably worse with the last patch for no apparent reason. Having fast everything helps though, and as long as you play on servers with team switching you get a better chance when that happens assuming you don't have a potato.

ANTEE AIRE ES ACTIV

steamcommunity.com/id/gisman/

Last of my group after everyone else got sick of the lack of maps and bugs. Add me up if you want to play at EU times, I can't handle playing with randoms any longer

>private

How do you turn the cobra around after an attack run without it crashing down?

wew

Fixed it. My bad

With practice.

>life is strange

Drop collective.

Why there isn't a queue feature

there is if you use a steam browser like every sane person you dumb motherfucker

>steam browser
wat

dumb frogposter

N-no bully

This. If you see that the SL is a level 3 shithead, then why are you and anyone else on that squad? As gooks there is hardly any draw back from being the SL other than the burden of dropping tunnels and marks. So just start a new squad. GIs yes you gotta play more conservatively as a SL, but that doesn't mean you have to stay 150 meters away from the closest enemy. Usually you get a good amount of kills if youre watching the flank/back while your squad just spawns on you and goes forward to whereever. Either way its a lot more fun playing SL than it is playing on a squad with some newbie SL that doesn't know what he is doing.

>life is strange
You should turn it back to private, actually

I just want more maps for vanilla before they get to the expansions. Have a map that has a similar tunnel system for Song Be which goes between A/B/C, but have it go througout the whole map onto every point, and have it in a big jungle with only a few open fields on the very perimeter of the map for huey landings.

I always go black shirtless+Tigerstripe hat since when i discovered that it is actualy quite hard to see in some maps.

Have they fucked up the sounds of weapons? Suddenly it seems hard as fuck to pinpoint locations and I heard someone getting fried by a flamethrower in a field on my own far from anyone.

Post your stats

>lvl 60+ and make my own VC squad
>fills up nearly instantly
>US has some half competent people seeking out my tunnels and destroying them
>squadmates leave because there isn't a tunnel up 24/7
You can't win.

>round starts
>2 minutes go by
>WHERES THE FUCKING TUNNEL SL REEEEEEEEEE VOTEKICK

>its another squad member runs up to manually take down the tunnel after I had thrown a grenade and verbally given them a warning

In fairness, the game needs local voip. There's not even colour definition, at a glance anyone talking could be team leader, any old guy or a squad mate and they could also be next to you or on the other side of the battlefield.

Not to say it isn't fucking infuriating when you warn people and they don't listen for shit.

Can't get a cap right now but I checked earlier and my k/d was 1.20. Had a very rough start but I do pretty decent game to game, damage to the overall ratio is done though, in the short term at least.

it's so cringy to hear stormfags saying the word nigger and kike and just spouting retarded /pol/ memes in voice chat

>cringy
Found the reddit

SHADILAY MY BROTHA xD

>implying that's not retarded as well
Nigga I'm just telling you that "waaah muh cringe" is reddit.

what other word is there to use when you literally cringe inside when some edgy NEET is spewing shit in the voice chat?

I put mine on random because U.S. forces were a mix of all races and ultimately, war kills indiscriminately

Oh yeah

*tips fedora*

>i only play hardcore games like halo nigga

At least he plays games.

All I wanted was a cool, realistic Vietnam game with character customization.
At level 60, there's just not enough going for this game to enjoy playing it anymore. I don't want to waste hundreds of hours of my life to level up once. This game is a fucking disgrace.

Fuck off weeb back to your jrpgs

That's not the pic I fucking posted, FUCK THIS GAME.

is this shit pile ultra unresponsive for everyone?
i feel like i can mash queue weapon changes multiple times before the animation even starts

also, why does the memory allocation get more fucking retarded every time they update? beyond the fact that they are polacks.

Yeah, the number keys are ridiculously unresponsive just like in RO2. Same with the TL call-in buttons.

BROKEN ARROW

I REPEAT

BROKEN ARROW

CALL THAT BIRD OFF

the animations take forever in and of themselves but having to mash a swap several times before it even indicates it's starting to happen is so painful when you never know whether it was even registered if your character is in active movement or stance change.
i can honestly say this game somehow manages to feel at least as clunky as RO1. RO2 was shit in a number of ways especially on launch but it really improved the feel and this seems like such a step back.

I actually really enjoy playing as a Radioman

I'm level 20 and I have no idea what the radioman does

>is a virtual bitch who does nothing but be near the TL and defend them if need be and acts as a portable radio

local voip would actually be really awesome. But I wanted that shit in rainbow six siege too, still didn't get it.

Why is the M37 so much worse than the hunting shotgun?
Even the Coach Gun has a tighter spread than the M37, despite it having a shorter barrel.

>Hispanic in RL
>go black GI
>can actually blend into trees and shadows better when shirtless

I aint mad

Why the coach gun spreads less than the m37, I don't know that is kind of bullshit. But the m37 trench shotgun had a cylinder choke which is why it should spread a lot more than the gook hunting shotgun. The IZH-58 were modified/full chokes, and from the little I read about them they were known to be really tight. If anything, the choke is so tight on the hunting shotgun that it isn't worth the slugs. The US should have the option for either OO buckshot or slugs while gooks get to choose between OO or #4 buckshot. Since the Ithaca is bottom loading and ejecting then you couldn't really mix and match ammo so there wouldn't be any need to have the option for both slugs and buck like with double barrel.

this no trade kills bullshit is really getting to me

way longer barrel, lower capacity for sustained fire, nonsense allowances for the fact that it has a vent sight (for some reason without a bead?).
game balance nonsense mostly. with 00 the m37 should have no problems raping fags at 50m but it does.
the only real advantage #4 confers is less over penetration but this doesn't matter for shit anything in this game's context so i'm not sure why the ammo choice is even represented or what it is supposed to do honestly.

#4 gives higher probability of hitting, though possibly less damage at range. Try them both in game and you should notice the difference.

>transport pilot on An Lao
>get hit by rpg, everyone else inside dies and my tail flies off
>rotors all gone
>fly down in a straight line and slide through the forest
>chopper stops between 2 trees
>get out and run to a bush and hide
>gook runs up and I shoot him with my pistol
>hear a few more gooks run by looking for me
>mfw sitting in that bush for a good 4 minutes

Well the barrel length doesn't have much to do with the tightness of a pattern, that is more to do with choke. And what I was saying is that it is actually pretty realistic that the gook hunting shotgun has as tight of a pattern as it does. And also the Itacha M37 has a cylinder choke, which is as open as a choke can get.

Anyways just switch the ammo choices for each since and everything will be fine with the shotguns.

>enemies capture base
>tunnel auto-destroys
>"stop being worthless get a tunnel down"\

that's dumb and makes no sense. you get more shot but each pellet itself holds less momentum and potential killing energy. smaller mass per pellet means faster drop off of delivered kinetic energy over distance. increased hit probability by virtue of denser patterns doesn't really mean shit unless it can penetrate both skull and COM fatally.
that said FPS damage calculation has never once made sense and this game is run by polish gypsies.

but it actually does. it's a function of both velocity and choke and how they interact with one another. if it didn't matter the various comp shooters and hunters of various fowl would all use the same fucking barrel/insert.

hell, i neglected it for the sake of the discussion but even cartridge has a large impact on patterning. there's more than one reason 16 and some other now relatively obscure shotgun cartridges died off.

Well, #4 does do less damage (those times you get hit and it doesn't do anything is probably long range #4), so it's not able to kill as far out as 00, but because you basically have HP, that matters less at mid range as long as you get pellets on target and can hit with multiple shots compared to potentially full misses with 00. Essentially #4 plays to the M37s strength. It's not like the game discriminates between casualty types, it is abstracted after all. If there was medics #4 might be less viable.

>it's a function of both velocity and choke
Barrel length effects velocity when youre talking about like a 6in barrel vs a 32 inch, but not a 20in M37 Itacha Trench gun vs a 28in IZH-58 that isn't going to make that big of a difference. The thing that makes the difference in the patterns is the fact that the gook IZH-58 is choked modified/full combo while the Trench Gun is an open cylinder choke. Also let's not forget that they didn't have interchangeable choketubes like we currently have now.

>if it didn't matter the various comp shooters and hunters of various fowl would all use the same fucking barrel/inser
Actually a lot of the comp shooters all do use the same shit. It's all Perazzi, Kreighoff, and Kolar with Briley Chokes. You find the round that patterns with your chokes more than you find the choke that patterns with your round. And if your choke isn't completely shit it usually isn't that hard to find it.

But please keep telling me about how shotguns pattern when I both hunt and shoot clays.

>It's not like the game discriminates between casualty types
it does until the point the casualty cannot fight back or runs out of bandages.

>20in M37 Itacha Trench gun vs a 28in IZH-58
that's like saying there isn't much difference between 7.62x39 and .30-30
at the low end you might only notice a 15% energy difference but at the higher weight loads you notice much more energy disparity
shoot fags and pigs all day with 7.62 but .30-30 is a world apart
you go shoot comp with 20" and 28" then tell me there's no difference mr professional.
but please keep telling me about how shotguns pattern when I both hunt and shoot clays.

>that's like saying there isn't much difference between 7.62x39 and .30-30
The M37 and the IZH-58 both fire the same round so that make this a non sequitur. Also I love the 30-30.

>you go shoot comp with 20" and 28" then tell me there's no difference mr professional.
The 20" would be better for skeet and the 28" would be better for trap. I don't see what your problem is here.

they fire the same cartridge, but to call it the despite the virtue variables present is complete nonsense, which was the point.
shot patterns completely differently by virtue of powder, weight, barrel length, bore diameter, and choke. the in game shotguns conform to no known knowledge and the only reason can possibly be the fact that polacks are retarded and for the sake of game balance.
that is all i said. still finding it hard to grasp?

Okay esl-kun I've tried to understand you but you are making no sense.

they fire the same cartridge, but to call it the same despite the variables present is complete nonsense, which was the point.
shot patterns differ completely by virtue of powder, weight, barrel length, bore diameter, and choke. the in game shotguns conform to no conventional knowledge and the only reason they can possibly behave as they do is due to the fact that polacks are retarded and/or for the sake of game balance.
that is all i said. still finding it hard to grasp?

>fixed for clarity

>but to call it the same despite the variables present is complete nonsense
But I'm not calling them the same, I am just saying that the chokes are the reason why they are different in density and tightness of the pattern more so than the barrel length. Maybe you aren't familiar with the term choke?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_(firearms)

>virtue of powder, weight, barrel length, bore diameter, and choke
I agree that there is a lot that goes into patterning a shotgun, but its not like it is that hard to find the round that patterns well for your gun. Especially one was widespread as the Baikal sxs. And choke definitely is the deciding factor in the tightness of a pattern.

Here's the thing, I don't even think we are talking about the same thing.

maybe you aren't familiar with the term mass? energy? distance?

What does that have to do with patterning a shotgun?

well, everything, but also resistance of the terminal medium as far as the end result, which is what i thought i was trying to beat into your skull. kinda like firing 00 at a slope.

fucking nerd

So you are literally just saying that a pattern has to deal with physics. Okay, I'm not arguing about that. I'm just saying that chokes have the largest impact on the pattern.

okay, so we got derailed in pointless Veeky Forums bickering but the point is that out of the SAME weapon, no. 4 will not ever be better at harming targets down range than 00.
the exception is some niche range where no. 4 has the energy to penetrate skull/to lethal depth BUT still has a denser pattern than 00 at that range.
00 has greater lethal range by virtue of each pellet having more mass and retaining lethal energy further compared to no. 4 out of the same firearm.

considering you can't even do meaningful damage with 00 and multiple shots at ~40m range, no. 4 seems utterly butt fucking pointless. if switching to no. 4 magically changes the patterning so you lose range to gain range, that's dumb. bird shot and proper choke must be game breaking.

So I think the big thing you are getting at is that the choice for #4 is pretty pointless, and I agree there. That is why I think giving the M37 the choice between 00 buck and slugs would be a better. The m37 with buckshot in this game isn't really good past 40 meters, so having the option to be lethal out to 100m would be great with slugs. Especially since the grease gun's sights are so bad, it would give the pointman and the combat engineer an option for not getting buttfucked in the more open areas with the slugs.

On the other hand, the VC hunting shotgun pattern is so tight that slugs aren't really that beneficial. In this game you can easily get a 75 meter buckshot kill with the hunting shotgun. They could maybe give you wad spreader ammo to open up the pattern.

If i play radioman i start to miss my frag grenades and when i play Rifleman i miss my smoke grenades. It never feels right and pointmen are always shit at throwing smokes

rush to d
rpg the low flying cobra
"gg nice shot"
literally do nothing for the rest of the match

supremacy killed the game
imagine two more territory maps...
the only people still playing cycle between three maps
its sad really

t bh song be would work much better as a territories map. I do like supremacy more though.

Imagine three more supremacy maps

Rejoice. Some modders made a TE version of Song Be that I've seen a few times on the custom map server. It isn't anything too special, but there you go.

ive been leading my shots all this time but its actually pretty much hitscan at any range

slugs are worthless

I can never get close enough to an objective to actually be effective with flamethrowers. It also doesn't help that you're slow as fuck when equipping it

Your probably the guy that spams votekicks on everyone you think is racist

>that one brit who always chastises anyone who uses gook

>Thinking territories aka the "VC wins 90% of the time" game mode is good