/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Livestream 6/20: youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig#t=34m

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.
-White Fatalis finally gets its own Mega Evolution

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: Fatalis, MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHStories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rdwUtZNmiS0
youtube.com/watch?v=ScuuM5NLxkE
youtube.com/watch?v=Hlpe93S9BW4
youtube.com/watch?v=k0VvQirlYng
youtube.com/watch?v=N1RoRSD-Pvw
youtube.com/watch?v=9mLuPXpH_ic
youtube.com/watch?v=IqGBTIFM9eU
youtube.com/watch?v=mXuFMyP85z0
youtube.com/watch?v=zjCwAJHL-84
youtube.com/watch?v=vNfEovHchUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for sluts

youtube.com/watch?v=rdwUtZNmiS0

10 years of Monster Hunter Frontier!

who cares tho?

The biggest names in Japanese MMO

after seeing this guy's face on a gogomoa i can't help but envision him as a gogomoa-man

now he just looks weird

All non-casuals.
You're not a casual MH player... are you..?

>I wanna fight G rank Grandpa!
>Time to do Hunting Road
>No AI helpers
>Not even Halks
>First choices I can pick are either GHC Rajang or GHC Kirin

those are easy mons tho

These nips just made it to G-rank White Fatty
youtube.com/watch?v=ScuuM5NLxkE

>dos has subquests
sorcery

It's like staring at the abyss

Those lance animations are so janky but it's kinda making me want to play frontier just so I can play a lance that ichinose hasn't shit up.

>took a break from MonHun after reaching 999 in MH4U
>played hammer and SnS in Freedom, GS and hammer in Unite, GS in PeeTurd, 3U and 4U
>also played some Frontier on the side with mainly LBG for that sick rapid fire meme
>feeling that itch to play again now

What's the most entertaining thing for me to do in MH now?

i dont think its worth it with that gameplay

>every time ultra grandpa scratches his nose, a giant explosion of meme energy comes out

nty

I want to BE the Kirin slut!

I'd rather be a monster slut.

>gets hit by an electric ball
>literally disintegrated
How do you even come back from that

Isn't this the new "final boss" of what is essentially the longest and biggest MH game though? I know Frontier has a lot of things where you're just expected to panic dive area-wide AOEs but it seems like they're mostly late to endgame things. Plus Valfuck is like that too.

Although watching more I see this isn't actually much better than Ichinose's lance. Might as well play striker, it's not like this has the 3U and 4U additions anyway and there's so much bullshit here.
>every thrust is a longer double thrust somewhere between a regular thrust and an Ichinose superthrust
>sprinting (NOT charging, this is why I thought the animations were janky because I thought it was the charge) and rolling with a lance drawn
>apparently no penalty (or recovery frames) for just blocking regularly, I'm guessing he has guard+17 or something but still although it's oddly satisfying seeing continuous/multihit attacks like the laser rapidly spark off of the shield

which one

>Plus Valfuck is like that too.

on what level? he has like, two aoe moves

im not sure about final boss, he seems pretty weak compared to things like lvl9999 disu and duremudira
but you're correct, most of the roster isn't like this. there is a lot of AoE as you get closer to late G rank, but nothing like aera wide sneezes every two seconds

think of amatsu or astalos, they are similar to what you would see from the average monster in G rank in terms of how much AoE they have

i want to fuck you then

lemme smash

It has a lot more than that. It only has one where it covers the whole area or most of it and you're just expected to dive, but it peppers in ground blasts into a lot of attacks.

>Plus Valfuck is like that too
I've only fought it like once, but all I remember is that it has a rapid fire attack that's easily dodged even if you're caught right in the middle, and a close range blast for when you're on its ass
Not exactly the same thing

You didn't see it fly up and then smash down in an explosion that covered the entire area? The first area it spawns in the first time you fight it online is so big it only covers half the area, but it's still a very large AOE that you're obviously expected to dive, brave stance or block, not sure if it requires guard up but brave stancing has innate guard up anyway.

I guess Mizu would work.

Kut-Ku sluts

Oh yeah, that
Yeah, plenty of areas are big enough for you to just not be hit by it, and it has a fucking ridiculous and obvious wind up
At least it doesn't vacuum you in and trick you into getting hit like Amatsu, that floating bitch

the thrusts you are thinking are different are just the same thrusts as usual
fencing+2 grants a 20% extra hit on all attacks, with hitstop, so you get two hitstops per attack that make the attack slightly slower

that guy was also pretty bad at lance, i didn't even see him using the evade pokes

Kut-ku Peco

Rathian sluts

ThotPatroll.jpg

user...

>Evade pokes
?
They made evade lance shit on guard lancing even more?

Iodrome looking down on Wroggi

I'd give her my greatsword if you know what I mean

youtube.com/watch?v=Hlpe93S9BW4

honestly really excited to try out extreme lance once Z releases in TW

Being an unmoving turtle all the time on purpose should be shat on

Your meme is bad and you should feel bad.

So you want to shove your exploding scales in her flesh until she bleeds to death?
That's a proper Regiosbro

>fighting amatsu for the first time in Gen with /mhg/
>wipe from the twister
>hr 100something says to just lay into it and stagger it
>fight it again
>try doing that
>get tripped constantly (by him, using LS while I'm on lance and iirc the others were hbg and hammer, so the other bm was getting tripped too)
>doesn't stagger it
>wipe again
>happens a third time
>just leave
>fight it the next day with randoms
>tell them to panic dive when they can't resist the suction anymore
>nobody carts and we kill it
>start doing one solo amatsu with bow a day
>always dive the twister
>almost never cart
This is what the "every hunt is a TA" mentality has wrought on this thread.

Please no monster roleplaying

Zenith lance also has the guard stock buff that rewards guarding. Base frontier lance also has AoE guarding so you can technically be a tank, but nobody uses it.

>Base frontier lance also has AoE guarding so you can technically be a tank
That sounds moderately fun. I had a taunt lance set for that in 4U. Kinda funny using that and having the monster literally attack a hunting horn or gunner a couple of times a hunt but otherwise completely focus on me and then come here and see uninformed people who haven't tried it claiming stealth and taunt actually do almost nothing. Same with using binoculars on a white fatty hunt (with friends, I would never be that useless with people I didn't know), it didn't target me once in three hunts crouching with binoculars in the corner.

Faggot.

fag

why is this big sword so slow
How do I do the circle wide slash?

Why though? Prey are shit. Great Wroggi>>Iodrome any day of the week.

>fantasizing about fictional creatures
Is there anything more objectively retarded than this?

>role playing as monsters
Hmmm. That's pretty gay, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=k0VvQirlYng

Second move in the video. Number of small shields shows how many attacks you can tank during the guard move. The move consumes stamina also. After the move there is a cooldown. All hunters within range is protected.

>posting on an anime board
The gayest

who are you quoting?

Forgot pic

cringe

OMG DOJ?

cancer

I know you suck but dont call yourself cancer

>Use a prowler
>Never get hit
>Outdps's everyone with proper setup
Make the right the choice, in Gen that is.

reminder, he's still here and is responsible for all of the shitposting

do you think he found a girl to take care of him yet?

tfw i still cant beat rathian

shes just on another level from every monster before her

First MH? Use ranged for easy mode or spam traps.

Grandpa Z theme

youtube.com/watch?v=9mLuPXpH_ic

Literally just spam Flashes and Traps. Flying wyverns to go retard on those.

Cuckoto
Dungdorma
Log Lick
Port Transia
Cheeky Sacks
Musky Peaks
Taint Sea
Speartipped Crack
Watersports Arena
Sucked Hollow
Forest and Hills

how do mainline composers even find the will to work when frontier releases shit like this?

The only good thing to come from frontier

>Outdps's everyone with proper setup
As delusional as GL kids in 4U. Prowler is the third-worst solo weapon and second-worst weapon overall, its main draw when you get down to actual combat is that it's much harder to triple cart and thus take the blame for making the team fail the quest if you're seriously bad at the game. Pierce bows are actually a lot better than pierce boomerangs, and, well, there's a reason pierce is the least-used bow type despite having tremendous critical distance. (It's because after its MV nerfs in third gen pierce bow is fucking garbage compared to the others.)

Its real main draw in the big picture is that you never have to grind anything to make your gear, which I can kinda respect at least, but you definitely suffer a huge tradeoff for that. It really only serves to highlight how gunlances have to grind twice as much as everyone else just to have a shitty lance that takes twice as long to kill anything, blasts teammates away if they try to do anything fun with it and also gets killed way easier than lance because it has only one backhop and no combo-able guard.

Because they do it better. This is overplayed, cluttered chanting nonsense compared to the ominous and melodic themes of OG White Fatalis and even Dire Miralis.

It's fitting how bombastic since it's its the last phase of a god
But yeah grandad theme is better

the original white fatalis theme is one of the very few good themes from mainline, which is why they used it for phase 1.

>This is overplayed, cluttered chanting nonsense compared to the ominous and melodic themes of OG White Fatalis
I mean I know opinions can't be held to objective standards but I feel like yours is pretty fucking close to objectively wrong.

Dire Miralis's is really good, but mainly because of its skillful use of the leitmotif of the series in conjunction with an exaggeratedly ominous and doomy melody. Something that manages to be even almost as good without even using a familiar motif is much more impressive on a raw technical level.

>TL;DR.
Chill, I didn't mean everyone in the community. I'm talking about randumbs in general.

MH is never a competitive game, you autist.
The elitist legacy left behind by 3Ubabs needs to end.

>The elitist legacy left behind by 3Ubabs
???

3U was pretty chill with the rooms and threads. 4U and Arslanand crew brought the whole TA gitgud mentality with them, and even regular old rooms with him were chill.

The IRC TAutist brigade started in 3U, do you remember SOUL?

>waaah I hate fun
kys

It's really good but Crimson's is still better imo.
youtube.com/watch?v=IqGBTIFM9eU

When did I say it was competitive? I think I made it pretty clear I'm talking about cooperative potential with
>its main draw when you get down to actual combat is that it's much harder to triple cart and thus take the blame for making the team fail the quest
But the statement that prowler outdamages everything is almost as wrong as a statement can get. Whole point of my post is that if YOU'RE going to be elitist you should at least try to be correct as well.

Of course I remember that fuck, but I left /mhg/ and 3U like 3 months after release when I sold my Wii U, so that whole debacle must've been mid-late 3U. When I returned for 4U, the whole SOUL autism had already blown over.

More nonsensical latin chanting goodness

youtube.com/watch?v=mXuFMyP85z0

Woops, wrong crimson theme. Meant phase 1, phase 2 is kinda bland. Thought I'd corrected the link before posting.
youtube.com/watch?v=zjCwAJHL-84

I wonder if they have to chant in english for MHW's final boss

But thats wrong tho. With prowler its hard to get hit but you get punished twice harder than even gunners.

>mfw capable of TAing
>mfw don't care if someone else
is playing the "right way"
I only go full meta when I participate in TAs. I just do online for comfy hunts with my friends. The only time I would ask someone to get a better gear is on endgame like 140 or Super hunts because I don't want to keep failing the same quest over and over just because someone is incapable.

Monster Hunter World?

Probably latin

lmao

I doubt it, but they may chant in actual Latin instead of Wyverian. Dunno if it's true but I heard the way they write the lyrics for the vocal songs in the games, including the wyverian version of let's nyansu, is by writing lyrics in japanese, translating them into french, reversing each syllable, then converting it back to phonetic japanese, which gives it that weird sort of sound that is vaguely reminiscent of, like, French, Latin, Japanese and something African.

The dude already said that he meant it to randumbs in general and not every weapon. Why are you mad? Did some bomb cat blasted you to Teostra's nova?

>you have to "cart" three times to actually cart because lmao 9 lives
>even if you and a gunner both get oneshotted you can still take 3x as many hits as a gunner
>but somehow you get punished twice as hard as gunners for getting hit
???

>The dude already said that he meant it to randumbs in general
Which is an elitist attitude so idk how that makes it better

I'm not mad, I'm setting the record straight. We'd still be in the dark ages if people only bothered to correct misinformation when it made them mad.

youtube.com/watch?v=vNfEovHchUs

What part of less defense and no heal is so hard to understand? I guess you never played prowler.