/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/simias/psx-hardware-tests/branches
youtube.com/watch?v=lKyT37aNWNY
youtube.com/watch?v=s-ZFvnmssxE
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-PHkfiF0c
youtu.be/mrHk6I46FHI
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6ldvqf/i_am_willing_to_donate_1000mo_toward_someone/
youtube.com/watch?v=BtRfMSYtYsE
youtube.com/watch?v=iF8zGOfU7uQ
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820173231
youtube.com/watch?v=lvr6-6U0ck8
youtube.com/watch?v=UsWCvA6zZ4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any hope Simias will return to us and rustation?
He seems to've made some commit 21 days ago.

github.com/simias/psx-hardware-tests/branches

Fuck. The Fucking. Relics.

>SP is building his new gaming desktop
02:51 soon I will be able to test nvidia on RA
03:17 going to be the first time I’m building a desktop PC again since 2001
03:21 I’m probably going to want a motherboard with 4 RAM slots (do they still call them DIMM?)
03:21 so that I could expand to 32GB later on
03:21 will go with 16 for now - already expensive enough for my taste
03:23 I might get a GTX 1060/1070-caliber GPU
03:23 that one I don’t have to pay for
03:23 so that would leave the rest of the parts
03:24 < Vision> wait hows that free
03:24 well I am getting that one at least for free
03:24 it’s not free for average customers at least
03:28 am I right in assuming that a GTX 1060/1070 blows away a PS4 Pro’s GPU?
03:28 or would I need a 1080 for that?
03:35 say if it’s a 1080 - would a 600 watt PSU still be enough then?
03:35 or would I need more?

>R5 1600 @ 3.9ghz
Is BOTW playable?

youtube.com/watch?v=lKyT37aNWNY

It's so great that we'll soon be able to run every single commercially released N64 game, even on an ARM device.

youtube.com/watch?v=s-ZFvnmssxE

How long before Zilmar tries to backport this shit to his decrepit "Project 64 Video" plugin.

Acquire gudness
Even Platnum isn't hard on the bike levels.

Ha. Fucking. Ha.
Fuck the fucking relics, specially the Platinum ones. I always hated how stressed playing against the clock puts me, I felt like that when I was a kid and that didn't changed much now.

At least I've got some gold and platinum ones out of sheer luck, that's good enough for my mental sanity

PPSSPP DX11 or OGL?

It's over, /emugen/ is finished.

Where do I get games?

I don't know.
But what's the best emulator?

I don't know.
But what's the meaning of life?

Play! is a meme.
hps2x64 is NOT a meme.

Is mooch justified in telling people to kill themselves when the post transphobic comments?

What games work great on dolphin for android?
Specifically the Galaxy S8+

has anybody tried retroarch via android on chromeos? How is it?

>full DS rom set
>176 GB

Does any emulator/plugin render Morpha's core properly yet?

90% of that is shovelware not worthy of preservation. I've gone through the entire DS library and downloaded everything I'm even vaguely interested in and it comes to ~15GB.

New to Retroarch here, how do I get the gameboy shader to look like this? (Without the overlay I mean, just the color.)

youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-PHkfiF0c
>Footage recorded on an i7-6700k, however we know for sure that much slower hardware also works perfectly fine. Even a Haswell i3 can hold 30 fps 99 % of the time in this game.

The game boy didn't look like that, even up close. You shaderfags are cancer.

shaders > handheld > gb-shader
>let me just look past all these nice clear images for blurriest one I can fine
>ah a youtube screencap, that'll fit my agenda nicely.

but it does

t someone who owns a gameboy

That still looks absolutely nothing like that shader image he posted.

>How long before Zilmar tries to backport this shit to his decrepit "Project 64 Video" plugin.
I'd give it a week or two :) . zilmar is very talented.

but how do I change the color?

Retarded motherfucker.

?

>he didn't own a gameboy
Mods really need to step up their game on handling these underages.

In the resources folder, change the palette.png.

The one that never owned a game boy is you, sir. Their screens looked nothing like .

Where were you when you realized you can play Dragon's Crown on your personal computer?

Harlequin's GB shader is quite accurate. He used high resolution photos of his actual Game Boy as a reference. I also helped him figure out the color shades of the Game Boy Pocket with my own high resolution photos, when he posted on emugen back in the day.

How consistent is the fps?

Good for you. I can't even boot games on RPCS3 because my CPU is too old for it and doesn't support SSSE3

A few drops here and there but on a strong cpu is running great, this guy here have big drops on the intro and a little in the harpy but he's using a i7 [email protected]

youtu.be/mrHk6I46FHI

Feelsbadman.jpg

For one thing, the image that was posted is actually a GBA game being run through the shader. The shader will display things besides 4 shade monochrome GB games, but it usually show full color images as dark shades so it doesn't really look good.

Try actually using it with an actual GB game if you want an actual comparison with a real Game Boy scrern.

>sir
You have to go back.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6ldvqf/i_am_willing_to_donate_1000mo_toward_someone/

Would you?

SIR, I'm gonna have to politely ask you to cease insisting others have some necessity to return to their place of origin.
You, may do so at any time though, thank you very much.
And, good day.

I can make more money begging for donations.

This is the most reddit thing I've seen in this general in a long time.
Congratulations on being this gay.

>Would you?
I'd honestly consider it, but don't have the tools for hardware testing.

>congratulations
I'll take this as a compliment. You have some things to work on though.
>not being gay
>not enjoying reddit.
>not being a sir and engaging our fellow friends with the respect they deserve.
you can graduate from being a typical fourchanner to having meaningful and deep discussions. just think about that.

>trying this hard to defend reddit
Stop.

now that's what i call dedication

Anyone has tried Poke Sun on Citra yet?
How frequent are the crashes?

Good God those posters are so bad..

Umm wtf is this shit

He can't be serious...

Dunno about that user, Play! getting better faster. Last HPS2x64 build was months ago, there is a reason I'm the only masochist to record tests in this emulator

Try the most lightweight ones (usually the stuff you find on the wiiware list). Muramasa the Demon Blade is a wonderful game made in 2D sprites that I'm pretty sure will run ok, come back to us with the results

15 GB compacted or extracted?

Each game is compressed in its own zip file.

I don't understand what people don't get about running perfectly. In the context of emulation that means having all of the necessary components on screen and in a playable state.

Why do the games runs like shit when v-sync is disable? There is no vertical tearing but the game feels like its dropping FPS constantly even if it says its running at steady 60. When I enable v-sync the problem goes away but then there is input lag, which is even worse
Is this a problem with my monitor?

youtube.com/watch?v=BtRfMSYtYsE

Anyone use WiinUSoft? It can make detect my TR Wiimote and make it rumble with the identify button, but it doesn't actually emulate Xbox360 controller buttons like it's supposed to.

both are joke

Not really, I've lost hope on PCSX2

And perfect audio.

> CPU is too old for it and doesn't support SSSE3
You have amd, don't you. Any intel cpu since 2006 has them.

bump

That's not very big.

youtube.com/watch?v=iF8zGOfU7uQ
And I still can't run this fucking emulator on my PC because "reasons"

Does anyone even play multiplayer MonHun on the PPSSPP (PC)?

>mfw Citra only got worse in the last updates

Would xqemu run faster on VirtualBox running linux than on Windows 7?

What games are you trying to play? On most titles I've seen better or equal results, compatibility is getting much better too (I'm not talking about their list, but my tests, the official list is not even near the real thing)

Oh fack aff, this isn't noteworthy, he's just talking about building his PC, what's even the issue here?

Shin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers run worse than some motnhs ago and had audio problems,SMT:Apocalypse and Devil Survivor still don't go in game.

SMT:Apocalypse uses the same engine as IV, right? IV can go in-game for a long time now, I dont' have Apocalypse to test. Devil Survivor can get in-game on some older build (can't remeber wich one). I need to try Soul Hackers again, didn't played on recent builds

I remember that well, good job y'all.

IV goes in game but it runs pretty slow

I can run it at 20+ fps on a i3 3.1 GHz, but yeah, slow. Game looks VERY good at x4 native resolution, can't wait for better perfomance

That can fit on a modern thumb drive. Stop being a poor retard.

No, I assume that's frame pacing getting fucky, are you running full speed consistently?

Here ya go sport.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820173231

A huge external HDD would not be better/cheaper/more durable?

Is this worth getting some hope? youtube.com/watch?v=lvr6-6U0ck8

N64 emulation is fine as it is

Is this RTC? This better be RTC...

>SO WE'RE FINALLY HERE, SEIZURING FOR YOU, IF YOU GOT A SEIZURE YOU CAN JOIN IN TOO

>over 1.5 year old webm

Still the best

nice gaems

bump

I was finally able to get WiinUPro to pick up my inputs by using the Toshiba drivers and vJoy, but no other programs react to my inputs. Any tips from anyone who's used it?

>Banjo Tooie will never ever be emulated without the random freezing

Is there any way to get true 4:3 display in Dolphin?

Currently when set to 4:3 mode it renders the Gamecube's native resolution of 640x528 natively without stretching it, but that's significantly narrower than 4:3. This results in circular objects looking more like ovals, such as the ball in Super Monkey Ball. Can this be avoided?

I'm curious who gives him free stuff worth at the moment 500€.

What's a good alternative to ePSXe that has a controller pad plugin?

retroarch

>OSX still doesn't support OpenGL 4.2 and Vulkan

OpenEmu on suicidewatch

Wow.. Why even use mac then.

youtube.com/watch?v=UsWCvA6zZ4c

There you go

It's the best we have.