Why do you hate Hyundai so much, Veeky Forums...

Why do you hate Hyundai so much, Veeky Forums? their cars are reliable as hell and they depreciate in a way that makes sense, not that nonsense where people want $5000 for their 13 year old Accord because muh Honda.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zSBsq6HBBzw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hyundai is great!! Buy more of them!

>I am actually contractually obligated to not publicly say anything bad about Hyundai or Kia as the result of litigation I filed against them.

they are at their sexually confused teenager age

they dont know if they want to be taken seriously about performance or luxury.

a $5000 2004 accord is a much better car than any new midsized sedan.

That's sad because any car is better than an old accord.

The most generic car there is

Yeah have fun driving a 13 year old clapped out shitbox that's going to need another $5k into it over the next 5 years.

Veeky Forums hates them because they can't afford the $70 a week lease and because they're faster than whatever they drive.

>tfw you drive a $5000 2004 Accord
It's not worth $5000

I agree with OP, I work at a Hyundai dealership and they're not that bad at all. They're a great value and the warranty is fucking kick ass.

My 2009 Sonata transmission gave out after 76k.

I then bought a 2016 Sonata 2.4 and I'm having transmission issues with it and even though its got 10k miles its getting worse mileage than advertised but the shop 'can't replicate the problem'.

Should have bought a Jap car.

cvt?

my coupe is doing fine, bought it for 1k and have only had to replace tyres & brakes. gonna give it a service in feb because i'm nice like that

Loving my gencoupe 2.0

Nah hyundai still uses automatic and dct

as if a shitty hyundai or kia or fusion or malibu is any less generic. might as well have something cheap if you're gonna have something generic.

an old accord with a k24 or v6 and a manual is pretty fun.

>buy old accord for 5k
>spend 1k keeping it on the road every year
so in 5 years you'll have spent 10k instead of 25k on a boring cuckbox.

My 09 was the 2.4 with the 5 gear auto and my new one is the NEW 2.4 GDI with the new 6 speed auto.

Both lurch when shifting gears, make poor calls on when to downshift. The big thing is my 2009 would be in cruise control and then go up a hill and when it went to downshift for the hill would clunk, and then when the road evened back out, instead of shifting back up, would get stuck between gears and would pour a cloud of black smoke out the back until I put it into manumatic to tell it to shift and then run like shit the rest of the drive.

My new one likes to clunk into gear about a second after gassing from a stop, and when lifting up my foot from the brake at a stop, the RPMs sag and the car shutters like its going to stall. It also randomly shifts into neutral when accelerating so the rpms jump to redline.

The 10 year warranty doesn't mean shit when the dealership drives it and says it drives normal. I am hoping one day the transmission tears itself apart and I can have it towed to them.

I hate new Hyundai because they use to have really good looking cars in 2006-08 but they did what every other car manufacturer did and made all their cara but ugly and fat

Also they took the v6 out of the sonata, fuck em

Hyundais and Kia run the whole "WE'RE JUST LIKE TOYOTA AND HONDA" but they might possibly be worse than Ford and GM. They're just cheap Korean garbage. They're better off actually producing a quality vehicle than inflating it with a giant warranty which they don't always honor anyways.

Hmm you must of got a lemon.. twice which is kind of bad. Though I know lots of Honda owners who have had serious issues with their new cars and of even Honda's warranty will fight you.

although they look dull, accords have been consistently good cars for 4 decades now. with hyundai they change for the better every 2-3 years and you don't know what to expect of a new one in a few years

Never buy Korean cars
Never

Tfw have a brand new veloster turbo [spoiler]dct[/spoiler]

>but they might possibly be worse than Ford and GM
You've been smoking too much buddy

Tfw same. Well, its 6mos old now. Put 10k miles on it already.
I'm actually at the dealer as we speak getting the oil changed and tires rotated, and the backup camera replaced (got water in it).

>buying a veloster
>not changing your own oil
Kys

I get Hyundais and Kias as rental cars a lot. The base engines are underpowered, but that applies to most makes and models.

They just don't seem to have attention to details. The buttons on the steering wheel, throughout the cabin, etc. just feel cheap. I feel like I'm interacting with a toy. They are less prone to use soft touch surfaces throughout the car. Quote consumer reports on the 2018 Sonata:
>As expected, the tops of the dashboard and front doors are padded; other plastic is hard.

The drive feel just doesn't feel as quality. When you do get an upgraded engine, the suspension is usually not as good.

They're improving every year. My complaints about Subaru around the interior fit and finish were similar, and they're improving too. By the time I'm ready to move past my 2015 Fusion, my next car COULD be a Hyundai or a Genesis.

But I always consider the competitive landscape at the time i'm looking to buy a new car.

the interior on the 2008-2012 was kinda dull but a good car
the 2013-2017 was fucking ugly (pic) inside
the 2018 looks a lot better

my local valvoline will do a full synthetic oil change for $54.99
mobil 1 full synthetic will cost over $30 for required oil quantity, then I have to buy the filter, then I have to dispose of it
for that price, worth paying someone else.

i've only had my dealer change the oil once, the initial free oil change on first checkup. they charge $100 for full synthetic which is a fucking joke

You don’t do it yourself to save money. You do it yourself so you know monkeys never touched it.

You let the dealer do it, always.

So every service you've ever had is electronically on record, to increase the value of a future trade-in.

>trading it in
Stop being a consumption whore

a) you can blame the monkeys if they fuck up
b) valvoline reports it to carfax so it shows up on the carfax, which makes it easier when I go to sell a car (private party or dealer)

dealers don't consistently report to carfax, my ford dealer doesn't report my services to carfax. if I go to their dealership it shows up (they know) but if I went to trade in the car anywhere else or private party I would need the printed service records.

>not remaining loyal to the brand

Well, Ford I understand though.

I paid $4k for an 18 year old Chebby
What do I get

it's just stupid to get certain consumables done at the dealership because you know the fact that "ford will own it" or whatever.

if you change the oil on your own, you might spend $30 on good full synthetic oil on your own, and about $10 on the filter. but then you need to collect the oil.

on sale for $55 I can get a full synthetic oil change and have someone else take care of it at a valvoline. I'm not without my car and I can listen to music and dick around on my phone for ten minutes while they do it.

most places near me will charge $70-$80 for full synthetic oil change (including filter) plus tax.

if I go to the dealership I have to get out of the car, wait a couple hours for them to change the oil, and then they charge $99.99 plus tax for the service.

it's usually dumb.

another example: tire changes. I needed two new goodyear LS2 tires. I had a new slight vibration in the car at higher speeds. I already had the car in for the last state safety inspection and last inspection in warranty. getting the tires replaced + aligned + rotated cost $400 at the dealer. it would have cost $300 at Mavis. in that case the car was already at the dealer, and making sure that the vibration didn't have a secondary cause that would be covered under bumper to bumper was worth spending the extra $100. but I'd NEVER go to the dealer to get tires changed on a regular basis, it's way cheaper to have it done at a tire shop.

So you do it yourself and save the receipts. It’s not difficult.

my car has a really annoying under engine cover and skid plate. the skid plate is held in by about a dozen torx screws and a shitload of tiny plastic strips. it's a big pain in the ass to deal with and difficult to get back in place. for the $15 extra to have someone else deal with it it's worth it.

all of that shit was exposed on my 2002 camry and was super easy to get to, that car it was worth doing it on my own

Yeah, they're worse than Ford or gm

In terms of what?

Because it isn't reliability.

Tires, I agree.

I order them off Tirerack and when they show up on my doorstep I just go to the local crackerjack tireshop 'round the corner.

Fuck tire costs man.

>porsche
damn krauts bringing the heat once again

Had mine for 4 months and have 6.2k km on it. Its pretty nice imo, just got my winter tires on and cant wait to see how it drives in the snow

New Hyundais are designed by Germans, and they look and drive great

pretty much all consumables are either changed easily on your own
>windshield wipers and windshield wiper fluid
>oil (depending on the car)

or way cheaper to do elsewhere than the dealer
>tires
>oil (depending on the car, if it's harder)

if you need individual work done barring a major failure (e.g. transmission shitting the bed) then you're going to get better price from a local mechanic
example: 2002 Camry, flex pipe tore
dealer and some local branded shops (AAA) wanted $900 for an entire new cat, a bolt on part
meinike wanted $300 (accepted)
went to a mom and pop mechanic, they said they would have done that repair for less than $50

>tirerack
doesn't seem to have the best prices at least on the tires I was looking to get. shipping kind of kills it, $190/tire versus $200 a tire at mavis.

I always buy the cheapest tires. Can't be arsed for performance tires since I'm mostly an A-to-B driver anyway. Hyundais in general always get the cheapest tires slapped on from the factory. Kumhos were on my Veloster originally, but even then, there are cheaper tires on Tirerack.

Got a nasty nail in one tire on my previous car a few years back. At first I thought the TPMS was fucking up like the pleb that I was, so I took it to the dealer. They tried to plug it but it was beyond repair after they got the nail out. Had to spend $180 for one tire replacement. I looked online and found Tirerack where I could have literally spent nearly 50% less on a cheaper tire had it not been a dire situation.

Never again. So, oil changes, wiper blades, shit like that I let the dealer take care of as needed when they're inspecting it during the oil changes. I'll even let them handle tire rotations too, but tire changes? That's the one thing I do myself to save money.

I was fine getting cheap tires until they started sucking shit. The Goodyear LS2s that came with my fusion were bare after just 30K miles, which is a joke, and the snow handling is not great. I just put two on and now I have to put another two on in 15,000 miles (hit a pothole at 14.2K miles and the two front tires needed replacement).

I have road hazard coverage as part of an extended warranty on my wheels/tires I bought (dumb I know, but I've had two bent rims already, and the main part of the extended warranty (not tire/paint coverage) is fully refundable if I don't use it at all during the terms and drive back to the dealership in the car within 30 days of the warranty ending) so anything (pothole, nail, etc.) damages a tire, I get a replacement of same or like tires plus any damage to rim is repaired or rim replaced (if required).

>oil changes
I can get them for half price at valvoline which makes going to the dealer stupid for me, it's also way faster to have it done at valvoline.
>wiper blades
ehhhh I prefer to replace my own wiper blades. I won't replace them unless they streak or have trouble in the rain. then I slap some bosch evolutions on. they don't wear out as quickly as the OEM ones, they're cheaper than having the dealer do them (especially when on sale), and they are more stable/perform better at highway speeds.

>changing tires
I don't do that because TPMS sensors are fucking expensive and easy to damage.

Because they think the world is unchanging and unmoving. Post-2012ish are fine.

At least they're miles better than Mitsubishi now, which Hyundai was once a part of.

>New Hyundais are designed by Germans
Hi shill

jd power meme

>muh vague, unsubstantiated generalizations

>they might possibly be worse than Ford and GM
Oh please.

>taking the Stingerposter seriously
cringe

quality pasta right there mmm goddamn

What an argument!

BMW > Mazda. Good meme

Where's the meme

youtube.com/watch?v=zSBsq6HBBzw

...but Chevy IS the most reliable American car marque, excepting Buick which is also GM-Owned.

JDP isn't lying, Chevy is just stretching the truth to it's limits.

>own a Genesis coupe
>under powered
>cheap interior
>overweight
>clutch made of paper mache
>I still love it
Whats wrong with me Veeky Forums?

Cars don't run on your feelings user, facts are real.

The cylinder head of my 04 Accent is fucked because the timing belt broke

Do I replace the head or should I try to have fun and swap in a Tiburon 2.0 beta engine instead?
Supposedly it's a pretty easy swap and the 1.6L transmission apparently pairs fine with it

Because they won't sell me an i30 N

Back in the wake of the subprime lending crisis (recession for the normies), my family struggled due to our family business being real estate. During those times, my mother drove a Hyundai XG300. It’s what she could afford. Her old car was totaled when she lent it to somebody who really did need it. Since he was at fault, insurance wouldn’t cover her end.

It was an unreliable price of garbage that couldn’t stay repaired. The fuel pump went out at least 3 times. These were times that we struggled to make ends meet. My sister had her first job to help my mother afford the things we needed. Have you ever seen a car make your own mother cry Veeky Forums? I have.

Fuck you Hyundai. Get off my fucking board.

It's not really worth your time to do that

I would actually bet you could repair that engine head. Accents are fairly resilient cars

....my grandpa's shitty Mazda truck in the 80s sucked mad dick and wasted his time/money. Should we kick Mazda threads off the board too, over emotions from 30 years ago?

I paid $10m for a 95 year old model T, what do I get?

Didn’t I tell you to get off my board Hyundai?

Fuck off and stop shilling your shitty cars.

>S-stop talking about cars I don't like! My mom had a bad car 10 years ago and im still butt hurt about it!

Yeah nah fuck off cunt

so why do you unironically shill for the world’s worst car company? Do they pay you a lot?

because Hyundai used to make junk disposable cars. i worked in a garage from the late 00s until last year, we had many early 2000s Elantra etc come in with blown transmissions, rod knock, etc at like 150,000km and people bought them for $200 and we would put a new engine in it

Hyundai made junk cars until about 10 years ago where they copied the Japanese and were able to gain traction. even to this day if you ask someone what luxury car they want and show them a Toyota Celsior or a Hyundai Genesis sedan everyone will still think less of the Hyundai

when you think lower tier cars, first thing that comes to mind is Isuzu, Suzuki, Hyundai and Kia, and Daewoo. they all made basic disposable cars and either almost completely quit making passenger vehicles like Suzuki or rebrand like Daewoo did with Chevy

Liking and publicly talking about the particular car I like on a Chinese car forum =/= shilling

Telling me not to talk about the particular car I like because the badge on the front doesn't say what you want it to say? That's counter-shilling.