"I'm doing a part time job to save up for college!"

>"I'm doing a part time job to save up for college!"

Are millenials normally this financially retarded? College + living expenses costs on average $50,000 - $100,000.

>"I'm going to college to escape living with my parents on a government loan that I can't possibly afford to pay with my arts degree"

Are millenials normally this financially retarded?

You do realize we only say this to make it seem like we actually want to work at your stupid store for a long period of time so you're more likely to hire us.

>Work 15 hours a week @ $10/hour during college
>Make $7,800 per year
>$31,200 over four years
>Implying that isn't a significant chunk of $50,000

Average student graduates with like 40k in student loan debt. Not that hard to cut that in half with a part time job over 4 years.

The money you make when you are young, dollar to dollar, is the most valuable money you will ever make in your life.

every $1000 an 18yo makes will be worth 15.5k at retirement.

Saving up any amount in highschool is literally one of the best financial decisions you can ever make.

The only financially retarded decision students make is moving out of home and renting. If you are forced out, then I understand, but if you choose to move out for "muhh lifestyle" then you are fucking yourself in the ass.

>implying you'll save all of that money
>implying you don't pay taxes
>implying you don't have expenses.

So whats your great idea how to tackle life after graduating high school without any significant skills or credentials?

Work for Wal Mart. This option will be off the table soon though.

>saving money for college
>retarded

U wot?

How is this a great idea? What's the goal?

You certainly couldn't pay off a 4 year degree with a high school job; however, my part time job is contributing enough towards my savings to get a 2 year degree debt free. Not everyone believes in choking themselves with debt as soon as they reach maturity just because Mom and Pop didn't pack a golden parachute.

>not getting a full ride

>Tfw mom and pop paid for everything
>Tfw no debt and live at home spending ~$100 a month on entertainment and gym
>Free rent free food free free free

I was able to do it for my masters in finance after getting an lmaohistory degree. I had $5k saved up, worked for 10 months to save up $10k, earned $5k in scholarships, and earned another $5k from a summer internship.

But of course for that cheap it wasn't a top school and now its been hard for me to find a good job. I've been getting a handful of interviews though so it hasn't been awful. Still I'm thinking about doing a top-tier MBA in a couple years

>College + living expenses costs on average $50,000 - $100,000
wtf over 4 years maybe...

I started saving for college by kindergarten
then I got a full ride and managed to keep saving while working through college
now my net worth is $250k at 24

this is the one key thing
STAY THE FUCK AT HOME YOU WILL SAVE SO MUCH MONEY

Manage a store by age 40. Odds are the store manager of the local Wal Mart is one of the highest paid individuals in most towns.

Quite the aspiration there, you sound like a really ambitious individual

>Implying you can't just get a couple of certs and then get a job where your employer offers to pay for your college in full

It's like you didn't even plan your life out senpai

Certs and go to work in your field before college. College is step 2, not step 1 nigga.

they say that so you dont think theyre a loser.

Go all in on jnug repeat until 25k don't lose

The hypothetical was a high schooler graduating without any skills. Their best bet is to get involved with a large multinational and work their way into mid level management. I personally know a man with an associates degree in woodworking who followed this logic and makes $180k now.

Anyone who works a part time job during college is stupid. You could be using the time to take extra classes to graduate earlier, which increases your earnings potential AND lowers overall costs.

>Everything was looking up in my life
>Planned out my education
>Actually had a way to pay for it
> *user walks by on the way to le gym*
> Ocilating phantasmagoric wall of rainbow privlidge triggers a millenial logic override
>Foaming at the mouth and spasming on the sidewalk
>Why do I live in a college town?

Srsly tho good for you.

>stay at home and go to school "fulltime"
>pay for education outright, no loans (not smart should have taken them anyways to get a credit score)
>take reduced course load cause im a lazy fuck
>finish worthless public administration degree in five years
>be worthless neet for 1.5 years after, unemployed, depressed, parents push me to see a life coach
>kind of helps
>get part time job (3 days a week) at a college through a connection..."data analysis"
>work there for 3 years making $ 25000CAD average
>i'm the eye candy in student services for some harpies who have hit the wall hard
>job is basically to scan paper and then upload to a database...and to smile a listen to bitches bitch all day
>die a little inside
>end up advising students about what they want to do with their education, ironically
>get a slight pay bump, still part time
>am able to get free tuition for working there for so long
>start taking 2 classes a semester in computer technology
>learning stuff part time, working part time, too busy to think about how I'm getting fucked

....how am i doing biz?

Also
>bitcoin

not all universities allow that.