/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jun 29] Luma 8.1 has been released, provides small fixes and adds an option to disable exception vectors, among other things. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1

>Switch
[Jun 27] The SDK has been leaked. [Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other vulnerabilities have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>DSi
[Jul 2] RocketLauncher, an early boot DSi exploit for 1.4, has been announced. It requires a flashcard. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/881584509401083904

>Vita
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/
github.com/xyzz/gamecard-microsd
sony.co.th/en/electronics/dvd/25dmr47sb-50dmr47sb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

Could someone post a new adrenaline fix2 link, pretty please?

And DSi ROM loading from DSi SD, is it worth waiting for?

It'll function exactly as poorly as on the 3DS for all the same reasons, except the only exploit with unlocked SCFG requires a flashcard any way, making it utterly pointless.

It's just slightly better, so it's the same as from 3DS really.

Why do you insist so much in posting this uninformative shitpost in every thread? If you want to do something about it at least make a guide about it and flashcards so that we can have it in the OP. But knowing your kind of quality it'd probably be worse than the nds-bootstrap compatibility anyway, so we're better off without it.

So I'm looking to get a handheld that I can put full rom sets onto so that I can have a library of nes, snes, sega genesis, gba, gbc, gb, etc on. I've heard that the psp is great for this. But that the 3ds is good as well. Which of the two does a better job at emulating retro consoles?

PSP kinda sucks for anything past Genesis and so does the 3DS

Vita, no contest

Get a vita, probably.
Or wait for switch retroarch I guesS.

Vita is pretty much for the perfect handheld for this except that memory card prices can get a bit expensive. There's a SD card mod coming out soon though if you're interested in hardmodding it.

>mod
How is it under that rock user? There's one that just slots right into the game slot now

I don't think that's ever coming out though and if it does then supply will be incredibly limited and once its gone the prices will skyrocket.

The fuck are you even talking about dude. It's open source, anyone can order some from the chinks

The 3ds has an awful screen and the PSP has some very mediocre snes/genesis emulators

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't need that if you have the newest version of Adrenaline. I'm pretty sure that got incorporated into version 2, and the newest version of Adrenaline is 5.1.

Got a link to the stuff then? First time I'm hearing this.

just check wololo

3DS has a worthless d-pad. Might as well get one of those chink android handhelds.

You mean this?
wololo.net/2017/07/04/pre-order-sd2vita-game-cart-microsd-adapter-right-now-via-reddit/

I'm not still entirely convinced. The major Vita homebrew devs haven't confirmed that this actually works and is legit. The preorder page is a damn google doc too. I'd feel much better getting the 3G adapter thing made by the same people who make the Vita homebrew.

Never post in /hbg/ again

It's supposedly based on this.
github.com/xyzz/gamecard-microsd
Which you'd know if you checked the last few wololo articles

why isn't this posted in the /hbg/ OP then

dsi gba sd rom loading when?

Tried and Big head snooker isn't working with adrenaline, I'm going to try with another game

GBARunner2 already exists.

Better question:
GBA DSi ROM loading from SD when?

Would these DVDs be good for burning ps2 games which are to be run with Free McBoot?

sony.co.th/en/electronics/dvd/25dmr47sb-50dmr47sb

I believe Adrenaline Easy Installer can install a tiny base game to install Adrenaline to, so you don't have to mess about with psp minis or demos or anything.

>Burning PS2 games
No.

Just get a HDD and a network adapter. PS2's laser lens have high failure rates.

can we install Breath of the Wild's first DLC yet?

Yeah I know but it still just doesn't work for me

That's...strange. Was there any error code?

Why not? We've been able to since day one.

i'm a huge beaner who isn't in the loop on this, where can I download it from?

That C0-9248-3 error code

Because OP is a faggot

>all the good games don't work
Why even bother develope this shit?

super princess peach is pretty good and works flawlessly
seriously, give it a shot
It doesn't make DS rom loading from SD worth waiting for but you might as well take what you can get

>Get 3DS banned
>NO wait! I'm gay
>Order N3DS from amazon
>Order comes in
>Report stolen
>Amazon denies request because I'm blacklisted for all the times my banned N3DS's were stolen each thread
>Decide to shitpost on /hbg/

>Go to 3DSiso
>Download GBA VC games
>They run perfectly
>Bitch and moan cuz I can't savescum and games take up a title from my 300 max on N3DS
>Can't hoard games I won't play anymore

>Get retroarch
>Fiddle with settings 5ever
>Some games don't emulate properly and look ugly
>Shitpost about how retroarch is superior because I can now put 50 extra 3DS games on my home menu that I'll never play

>titlekeys website STILL not over HTTPS

Did I get them all? Can we have a normal thread now?

No, we can't.

Wii U USB Helper, uTik Downloader, any NUS tool really

Because nobody cares about the PSV.

It's still being developed so you can't really make that judgement. They might not be compatible as of right now but it's still being worked in and could be a possibility, given time

I just finished the update from a9lh to sighax after letting my n3ds collect dust for about half a year.

What did I miss? Here's what I have gathered :

- luma is still the way to go and has a nice overlay menu now
- there has been drama with freeshop and the titlekeys site has moved. Dunno what happened here
- there has been a ban wave. I don't know if I am affected since I hardly use official online features

You missed the retards that still can't read guides

Have you tried uninstalling adrenaline and the epsp bubble and reinstalling them?

ps4 hax when???

you didn't cover the tranny solding us out, the ds from sd not worth waiting and probably other shitposting i'm not recalling

vita sd2vita seems like the big game changer in this scene. i can't imagine needing another portable emulator device when you have the vita and a 256 gig sd card.

So does WarioWare Twisted work on 3ds or not?
I'm seeing conflicting answers through google.

>solding us out

Dude the first reply already covered DS memes not worth waiting for.

I don't really like the SD2Vita approach, simply because of the fact that you cannot use the space to dump physical games (for the future).
Fortunately, there're going to be alternatives for that.

3ds, simply because it has better games than the vita, and you may end up wanting to play native titles at some point.

don't listen to people that say the screen sucks. retro games look great on the 3ds screen.

In 5 years maybe. I want my fucking Etrians and Historia.

I'm dumb I know that. *selling

fair enough, I just thought he wanted to make all the usual shitposting into one post

couldn't you always just use your actual sony sd card? most people here have 8gig i imagine for dumping games

Just modchip or use a HDD

3ds.jdbye.com says that Might Gunvolt Burst is on the FreeShop but I'm not seeing it. The latest games I'm seeing are Ever Oasis and RPG Maker Player.

Then pay the couple bucks for a flashcart. They're not even that expensive and you give yourself the ability to hack 3ds/dsi in the future

I just remembered I own a PS Vita TV with henkaku and I've been itching to play some PS1 games

Can I just install PS1 Classics through a vpk or do I have to go through adrenaline?

Yeeep, now I'm trying to download a demo off of PSN on my old PS3 but I can't seem to update it to enter my PSN account

Just download it through FBI then faggot.

Best GBA emulator for 3DS?

Guss ill just buy a r4gold. Unless we have somethint better that doesnt drian the battery like crazy?

see

So is Luma8.1 good, or should I stick with b9s 1.0 and luma 7.1

Was the Vita activated?

Update. Literally every problem everyone had with it before is now fixed.

>boot the game
>hangs in white screen for 5 minutes
It she works perfectly

>tfw still using emunand + MSET / menuhax
>not banned
yoloooooooooooooooooo

RTT

Thanks for the feedback bro, looks like it's finally time to update.

Thanks

Don't worry I had the same problems with freeshop not updating, and got tired of deleting and re-entering the titlekeys site over and over, so now I just tell everyone to use FBI to download their shit.

I'm not too well versed in them myself, so I can't really tell you. Used to have an r4gold card and lost it, might still have it somewhere for all I know, but I don't remember having an issue with it draining the battery

Not too sure, I'll check

/hbg/ is my favorite general

my condolences

Yeah I do have it, I have act.dat on my npdrm file, so yeah
All I want is Persona 3 Portable geez

So what can you do with Henkaku other than emulators?

Should I even bother getting that shit. I had to format my card and now I have to download my digitals, but I can't unless I upgrade from 3.60. Debating if I should install Henkaku or not. What say you, /hbg/?

What does this mean? Happened while I was playing Ultimate Tetris.

What's the best place to get ps3 isos?

You got tranny'd

Guess the compatibility list lied then haha, I hadn't actually tried it myself because I own a flashcart

You gain the ability to play the majority of the Vita library, as well as the entirety of the PSP and a lot of the PS1 library natively. Plus, if you have a PSTV, you can tell Sony to fuck off with its memory cards and just plug a usb drive or external hard drive in. And last I knew, you can spoof the most recent update and still access PSN to download things.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

Try deleting the current easy installer and epsp bubble (if you have one) and re-downloading and installing again?
If all else fails, PPSSPP emulates the PSP very well on your computer and can upscale to look better than the original.

>new method is fine, everything just works
>newer method comes up
>CFW makers force early adoption
>shit crashes all the time
>no benefits whatsoever
For what fucking purpose? What is wrong with the 3DS scene?

t. apple

hormones

Yeah guess I'll just use PPSSPP

If you're not using cakes, you might as well throw your 3ds in a lake.

>ps4
After summer.

does cakes work with the latest b9s yet? i want to go back to midkid

Would it be possible to have room for two MicroSD cards on these Vita game card adapters like with the memory stick pro duo of old time?
You could fit the majority of decent PS1,PSP and Vita titles on 2x 128GB cards.

Just wait for flat cfw

Sorry you couldn't get Adrenaline to work. I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.