Hey Veeky Forums I have a strange request that could never be answered through traditional research

Hey Veeky Forums I have a strange request that could never be answered through traditional research.

My car has an extremely annoying feature where if I tap the turn signal without locking it, the blinker blinks three times.

I'm in the market for a ~5 year old car, and it is absolutely mandatory that it not do this. If your car suits that criteria, please leave the name in a post below.

Other urls found in this thread:

autonews.com/article/20140227/OEM06/302279938/ford-sued-over-patented-turn-signal-technology
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's wrong with that? It's helpful

I have never driven a car which does not have this feature. My job is to drive cars.

I dont know any car that does this...

Mine only blinks as long as you hold it. Otherwise it goes back.

What the fuck, do you not signal when changing lanes or something?
Why the hell would you think it's annoying?

Uhhhhhh

This is because your car is German, and in Germany a minimum of three flashes of the indicator are required to change lanes.

What kind of retard DOESN'T like this feature?

You have to be 18 to use Veeky Forums

I drive a ford, same three flash minimum

VAG calls it "conv. turn signal" as in convenience. You can turn it off via the in-dash control panel.

The majority of countries across the globe allow you to drive once you're 18 and not earlier. What did you hope to achieve with this post?

Not him but what OP is talking about only came into play with digitally controlled indicators it shows how young you are that you have never driven a car with relay indicators.

I've only driven like 4 cars before I get my job and I only get newer cars with my job. This checks out.

Neither did I.
Guess we're old.

he could be 18
let's say that OP was born in 1999. in 2017 he's be 18.
turns 16 in 2015. parents buy him a new whatever econobox, digitally controlled indicators. or even a five year old one. or even one from 2009 (the first year ford used the technology).

drives his own car, doesn't drive other peoples cars. it's not really a feature you're going to notice unless you are actively the driver of a vehicle with or without it.

Plenty of cars have that feature and those that also have an on-board computer, often have the option of disabling it.

My '07 Volvo blinks three times, but there is an option for disabling it and making it blink only once in the menu. Same thing in my gf's '16 Merc

> 2009 (the first year ford used the technology).

I'm pretty sure my mom's old Fiesta that she bought new in 2003 already had that feature, can't check cause the car is long gone tho

autonews.com/article/20140227/OEM06/302279938/ford-sued-over-patented-turn-signal-technology
>(Bloomberg) -- Ford Motor Co. was sued over claims it infringed a patent on technology for an automatic turn signal.

>Ford pitched the turn signal as the solution to one of the top 10 driving pet peeves when it announced the technology in 2009.
>The turn indicator is designed to blink three times and automatically shut off.

I don't know, maybe that refers to the American Ford, not the European one.
I'm quite sure that Fiesta had it because I remember I was surprised to find that feature for the first time.

There wasn't a lot of sharing between American and Euro Ford back then.
If it wasn't that particular Fiesta, the for sure it was the facelifted one that came out like 2 or 3 years later, because my mom had both and it's honestly hard to remember which one had the automatic blinker.

Why would you not want it to do that? It’s super handy.

This isn't entirely true.
The old Volvo community likes to "mod" their turn signals with Mercedes bits to get the three blink feature.

Not OP, but three clicks isn't enough for me. I use three clicks minimum before I start to move over, and keep the turn signal on until all four wheels of my car are in the lane I'm merging in to. I prefer to not have the quick lane change blinker feature.

So just leave it locked in. But good on you to admit your mentally handicapped. Brave

>extremely annoying feature
That's for lane changes. Learn to use your car properly.

I like to manually indicate, sue me

Not if you're following the road code.

>admit your mentally handicapped

Brave indeed.