2k a month from a 250k investment?

How would you go about making at least 2k a month if you had 250k to invest?

Bet on red, 125 months sorted

Think of it as a 9.6% / year return, which is pretty reasonable if not easy to achieve, find a steady stock or even go somewhat riskier with a high paying dividend

Bitcoin

Bitcoin

I would spend $500 on a suit and get a job that makes 6 figures if I didn't already have one.

Buy a house.

Rent it out.

Suburban areas with growth and people who are in their 20's marrying and working for the first time are perfect candidates.

find a bunch of shit that pays more than a 1% monthly dividend

don't listen to this retard

Thank you Mr Ando I love you

> retard

the market is poised to take a massive shit soon.

A house may lose some equity in a recession but rent prices remain pretty static even in this case.

And with home ownership after it's paid out year after year, you can sell it and recoup your investment and then some.

>people in their 20's
>marrying

Bitcoin?

Dividends that pay out monthly. Always diversify. Some stocks also pay dividends yearly, quarterly or some other. Stagger them out so each company pays out each yr.

Fuck you

got any recommendations for high paying dividends? Google doesn't really come up with anything when I search. Is there a website where I can filter searches by monthly dividend rates?

Buy Ethereum

leave your room sometime. people DO actually get married

You're not going to get it from the stock market without taking an unreasonable amount of risk. There are high yield exchange traded notes like BDCS, AMU, MORL... some are leveraged watch out for those.

Accept a lower yield (>6%) or look for opportunities outside of the market. Careful tho, that's an easy way to lose all your capital.

Not that user, but check out

Buy dogecoin

It's a much safer investment than buying a bunch of stocks and speculating like a dipshit

i guarantee if you buy the fake money coin 'monero' ticker symbol xmr, it will go up by 9.6% at some point in the next month. then you have that problem solved.

Buy CryptoPesos

BNP structure products offer 10% per annum so pretty much that

Invest, then earn and invest roughly $450k more

Open a Vanguard account. Dump it all into VTSAX. Wait about 8 years.

There is neither logic nor evidence that dividend policy impacts returns. Many investors avoid non dividend paying stocks because they fail to understand this key point. And for other reasons that are psychological, not economical.

Bitcoin invest when the mutual funding accounting cycle of enelasticisized demand in imputed interest in bitcoin is not what bitcoin seems to be like when its not at the opposite of the indirect method of SCF of bitcoin.

Trust me, I have a PHD in business analysis and I work at Golsman Sachs.

>There is neither logic nor evidence that dividend policy impacts returns. Many investors avoid non dividend paying stocks because they fail to understand this key point.

ORLY?

VNQ
There you go champ.

>Can live on $2k a month
>Save up $250k, invest
>Never work again
This sounds like troll economics. You do realize investing itself requires time and work? 250k doesn't spontaneously generate anything on its own no matter where you put it

>marriage

>250k doesn't spontaneously generate anything on its own

how do dividends work?

there are lots lol. they just tend to be very dim. which is exactly what you want.

pls help.
for some reason my mind can't grasp where the mistake is.
i know there is one but i can't find it.

CERU my nigga

It's not impossible, and people do do it, but I can't imagine anyone saving up $250k, then only living on 2k a month. If your job paid that well, you'd probably prefer continuing to work, and living on 6k/month instead. Also, you're super vulnerable to bad months and downturns.

You're not seeing the big picture. The tax burden of someone living off 24k of *qualified* dividends and cap gain (offset to a degree by loss harvesting.) will be minimal.

I'm inheriting $500k AUD from my grandpa, and it has to be spent on a property

Sadly Sydney is expensive as fuck so I'm gonna get a 1br flat near the beach in a nice area. Could be better, could be worse.

I'll live in it so I dont have to pay CGT and get the first homebuyer grant, then I'll either get married and buy a home for $2m or travel and rent it out

The second dude is paying 30 dollars for 20 dollars, becuse he's already put 20 dollars in the box (40-20=20).

My "never work again" target is only $1000/mo and I'll hit $250-275k in about a year. I'm going to retire in Asia in mid mid-30s and live an upper middle class lifestyle and only work on projects I want to

20% down on a large multi family complex

Don't go section 8 unless it's built for it.

>near the beach
ayy lmao

Buy an apartment near a uni or something. Rent the rooms, you can fit like 5 or 6 in a 3bedroom +2 in living room. Rent it cheap.

Stock dividends or dividend ETFs.

People who are intelligent, know how to spot macroeconomic trends, utilize options pricing models, and can read SEC filings, can and will make much more money over the short-term with securities than you ever will in the real estate market. Especially whenever you weigh one of the most valuable assets into the equation, which is time that is spent on managing the investment. Real estate is certainly a sound long-term investment; however, it's like an anchor compared to the mobility and ease in which stocks and bonds offer.

If you are very sentimental that the market is highly over-valued, then you could allocate a higher percentage of your stock-bond portfolio into bond ETFs that have a higher allocation of government-insured bonds. This will hedge your risks, but also limit your upside from a continuing bull-market run.

Then you could focus on a market sector which you believe would tank during a bear market, research a number of stocks from this sector which are struggling, and learn everything you can about the ones that're making news (study the hell out of these companies).

Wait and watch for the signs of a bear market (20% drop from the market high), go back to the struggling stocks in your desired sector, choose some that are dropping heavily due to the market drop, and short these pieces of shit while utilizing a conservative buy-stop to protect your potential losses and an exit-strategy to maximize the potential gains, rinse and repeat through the bear market while using the gains from the shorts to pick up under-valued mid-caps and blue chips in preparation for the holding you'll be doing in the bull market.

This is just a layman's investing strategy. You can multiply these gains if you know how to adequately price options. The market is not as efficient as it seems, and there's always events that are modeled as being low-probability that're actually medium/high-probability.

P-Please someone call my investment strategy totally retarded and tell me the flaws in it please.

You must fail so I may succeed.

PHK would get you 2.2k per month in dividends on a 250k investment. I wouldn't stick all my eggs in that basket, in fact probably not more than 15%, but it would be something to look into.

you're an idiot

Gambling is not investment

ayyy randwick is near the beach

500k + cash = 700k at randwick

>buy low sell high

Gee, why didn't I think of that?

>buying bond etfs
Bond etfs take away the mitigated risk of having principle returns of the bond doesn't default and is held to maturity, i.e. they're retarded.

>assuming rising interest rates won't tank bonds along with stocks

Your strategy is so fucking general. It's not wrong, just useless beyond academic study.

All in Ethereum.

He was talking about the potential that the market is overvalued, which makes bonds a better value to (at least) keep your wealth. Yeah ETFs will reduce your gains but they those gains would be minimal to begin with. He's just talking about if you're completely terrified of the market.

stop shilling faggot you're making us legitimate ETH investors look bad

>legitimate ETH investors
>legitimate
Kek. Oh, boy. Here we go.

Made me laugh

is typical Veeky Forums

We know to move on by now. Let him have his shills.

What investment would you utilize to hedge against a bear market and high interest rates? Precious metals?

What kind of cuck marries at 20?

Invest it all on AMD

>up 7.5% today
>instant 19k

Well played if you cashed out.