The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=961800020&searchtext=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sniper rifles are useless.

I want to feel a sneks long tongue wrap around my rookies

I WANT A VIPER WIFE TO LOVE AND HAVE HER BEAR MY CHILDREN.

I want to marry Vahlen

I mean even my gunslinger has saved us a couple of times with a sniper rifle in squadsight. High level sharpshooters just don't fucking miss

WRONG

Sniper Rifles AND Pistols are Useful.

I want to burn you both alive.

sniper rifles are godlike in LW2

T51b & APA are out.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=961800020&searchtext=

Reminder that the only things you should shoot inside vipers are bullets

What boards, besides /x/ which is a given, would the aliens browse?

I like your idea of evil commander and bradford

/r9k/

/b/, so they could justify genociding us

is the ayy world communist

Well its fully automated (MECs and shit) and from space, and probably gay as well who knows. Therefore ADVENT achieves fully automated gay space communism

humping

Joey mod when?

Weaboos

Defend + rescue is easily the worst type of LW2 mission

>deactivate a robot
>move soldier a single tile away from it
>miss

>I'M TELLING YOU! NUKES BLEW UP THE WORLD IN MY DIMENSION! NOT ZETANS!

working on it

That's XCOM baby

Are you making fat soldiers or something?

im making the joey mod

>download lewd mods
>start new game
>everyone is wearing fairly normal radnomly assigned clothing except the australian
>shes wearing a flack jacket, goggles and a massive hemet, and no fucking pants
>she proceeds to get 7 kills in the first mission because everyone kept fucking up and she was the backup plan
>she dodged the commander while out of fucking cover
>she became the grenadier

That's... a War of the Chosen feature, user. You can tell available shots by looking at the indicator that appears on enemies.

>a War of the Chosen feature
really?

Yes. I do not know why you seem to think it's base Gotcha Again.

Is there a limit to how many times the enemies will attack a single soldier within one turn? Because I left a dude out in the open in front of 4 advent by accident (blew up his cover) and only 2 of them attacked him. The other 2 shot at my other dudes in cover instead of the one standing out in the open with 3 HP left

thats just the game taking pity on you

Yeah but what is it?

adds joey

The AI in vanilla does pull it's punches, don't expect that in LW2 or ABA2 or any mod that improves the AI though,

>Play XCOM
>Have a guy in full cover, enemies disoriented
>Gets critted and killed in one shot

>Leave a guy out in the open
>He lives

Checks out

Yeah I can't even count how many times I thought I was about to have a disaster killing half my dudes, when instead the AI just goes on Overwatch or something

>LW2
>snake binds your rookie
>Advent proceeds to unload their entire mags on him

Someone was reeing about a rocket moving ten tiles off target or whatever last thread. If you're still here:

That thing only calculates the scatter within one standard deviation. You basically missed a 95% shot.

are grazes good or bad in LW2
I left it on default and many of my shots have ended up as a graze

It's a double edged sword. Turns near hits and near misses into grazes.

I don't care for it personally.

is matter of opinion

my opinion is that a higher possibility of guaranteed damage is more damaging to your soldiers than the enemy

but my opinion is also that bullshit is what XCOM is about

gotcha again's overwatch/pod activation/smoke previews are fucking godsends
i never want to play without this mod ever again

>playing with cheats

if a haven rebel gets shot during a mission does that actually effect anything

you lose the rebel

no I mean just wounded
the after action screen had the standard gravely wounded thing but I dont know if it was actually serious

no, for rebels it's all or nothing

>takes almost 10 hours to download the game after removing everything from the computer

This had better fix the "mods stopped working" problem or else someone's gonna die.

Agreed. I got PTSD remembering watching the Los indicators on enemy health bars while moving my cursor one square at a time trying to determine where I can move my guys without triggering the pod that my concealed ranger can see. Such a great quality of life feature. Plus I used to always forget that an enemy went on Overwatch and kill my guys by moving them around.

Although that mod DOES have one little thing that irks me. You still get an Overwatch patching icon even when you have a soldier with shadowstep selected. It's a small nitpick, but I would love if it didn't show for that specific case

I hope it works out for you because I enjoy living

It's weird, though. In order:

-game stops letting me change how many people are in my squad after changing it to 6 and then buying the squad size upgrades
-uninstall it once and redownload
-didn't change anything, squad size still bonked
-start game later saying "fuck it" but this time it does the "stay on black screen that forces you to restart the computer because resolution hates fullscreen" thing
-computer restarted, the squad size thing is fixed but now none of the mods will work even though they're in the correct folder
-delete absolutely everything and installing it again

I just want to play the fucking game, had to lose a shitload of progres thanks to this bullshit.

Thought I bought the game on the steam sale, but I guess I'm retarded.

Do I get the deluxe or regular version of XCOM 2?
I'm looking at the DLC, and it all looks awful, with the exception of the one that gives you a mech. Is the DLC necessary for mods?

only mods that effect the DLC need the DLC
the MEC one is the only one that actually effects gameplay, the other one is cosmetic and one just adds optional boss aliens

>alien hunters doesn't affect gameplay

the only thing worth giving a shit about is the axe
everything else is a fucking meme

>When you misclick and path though fire

The squad size thing might be borked into your save file rather than the game itself.

>when you misclick and send your trooper into fuck knows where

>When you're playing grenade surgeon trying to find that one pixel on the screen that allows you to blow up a very specific set of enemies and environment
>You move the mouse 0.01mm as you click and fuck everything up

I deleted the saved games before I uninstalled the first time and it didn't fix it.

I hate that explosion damage is tied to tiles now rather than the sphere

That's weird dude, hopefully this fixes everything for you

>when you play grenade surgeon and find that pixel in which your grenade does most damage
>click
>remember it's long cock 2 and boxes shrug off HE explosions

Same, because I want to use these mods. And I'm never buying the squad upgrades if I've altered the number in the ini again.

Best mods for vanilla? Mostly quality of life mods, but bug fixes and stuff appreciated too.
Right now I've got Gotcha Again, the one that shows wounded time on the post mission screen, instant avenger menus, and the one that shows you what every item in the black market can be used for if you don't sell it.

Oh and I don't mind some small balance changes either, ones that make the game BETTER rather than just flat out easier/harder, I think I'm going to install True Concealment for example.

>installing True Concealment
Sure, if you're a basic bitch

retroactive AWC is basically a cheat but honestly having the hidden abilities spices things up a lot

Hey man, I already beat the game on Commander Ironman once without it. I just don't like that I have to rush the first two turns in concealment because it doesn't make sense to me.

this desu
true concealment = sniperfags ONLY

I always thought retroactive AWC was intended behaviour

the chance to miss out on abilities for certain soldiers is the incentive to build it as early as possible
even with the mod I still do that, though

wizards of the chosen will DELET AWC

theyre just splitting it up tho

Ah. I always build it as one of my first things because half healing time is so useful

I'll delete you

I had to remove all of the armor and prop mods I had because I was getting triggered by my rookies in gatecrasher always being generated with random chunks of power armor and shit

What's the most fitting class for Viper?

>it's a "enemy AI uses pod activation to their advantage by placing all units within activation range of the pod preventing you from meleeing or shooting anything above 25% chance to hit" episode
I hate this gimmick so much.

That's why I bring 3 grenadiers in early game. If they don't have cover you don't have to move up.

Assault or sniper

>use grenadiers
>they can't destroy the cover because fuck you that's why
Even when the cover is at the center of the AoE it doesn't destroy it. While that's happening your cover's getting shred to bits. Also made a small adjustment to the pic.

I get that the timer on the "recover item/intel" missions are basically because ADVENT is doing a controlled demolition on it

the question is: why

They get intel on XCOM/Resistance operatives targeting it. Either that or the data/item is no longer of use to them.

>good luck Bond, this message will explode in 10 seconds

imagine if you had to get a successful hack to free VIPs/disarm crates
imagine if your soldiers had a chance to miss the relay
where is this mod

ADVENT runs on a strict schedule with an infinite amount of tasks that need to be finished. "Accidental" destruction of ADVENT intel is just scheduled to happen at 5:20 and your squad touched down at 5:12.

Looks like Chris Christie

My favourite way to deal with avenger defense missions is sending in a ranger with conceal and then just squadsight sniping the objective with impunity

>playing memewar 2
>complaining about artificial difficulty

is that not the intended way to do it?
also why the fuck can deadeye miss it

I blew up my first civillian on a terror mission today. They were surrounded by like 3 Chryssalids. Am I a bad person now?

you cant let the Ayys beat XCOM at anything, not even civilian body count

No user, you are making us proud.

>feeling sorry for collaborators