/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Je suis monté edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Livestream 6/20: youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig#t=34m

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fyrA_IU7zYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FIRST FOR SLUTS

I have never seen a man who looks more french than mr bean back there on the left in the background

Crab girls are cute.

man, images of sweaty racks are definitely not helping in this heat.

I hope none of them got raped. I played a few times with charlotte and she's a nice girl. I don't know who aria is though.

Crab boys too.

>G rank deviant armor upgrades not adding much to my set
>Random fags who got carried through a few Lao fights have 200 more defense than me
Hard work is bullshit

user pls
the fan is only blowing hot air right now, and I can't take off my shirt in the house because other people live with me

have mercy

Lao armour isn't that great and deviant armour was always horse shit that you have to grind five of a monster for every upgrade with each upgrade being roughly the equivalent of an armour sphere on a regular armour piece. My toka has been treating me well.

I spent hours grinding lao by myself to make a few of the weapons, even though I pretty much only use the LS.

Just take all of your clothes off and glare at them if they walk by. As a last resort pretend you had a heat stroke.

Luckily for you this is all I have of sweaty huntresses.

Dreadking armor was an excercise in pain that made me drop Gen completely

Fuck that shit

>you have to grind five of a monster for every upgrade
A lot of the quests have more than one monster
Though you get at least two tickets per quest, with high drop rates for tickets from earlier quests, so it's three or less per level

>G rank valfalk has a glavenus-style spin attack with ridiculous range
Jesus
How exciting

>tfw ywn have a hunting partner qt3.14

Lao armor isn't that good, but yes the lackluster improvements of skills on deviant sets are a kick in the dick. Isn't the Glavenus X armor available pretty early thanks to events?

I'm tempted to do that actually

Thankfully I have the house to myself tomorrow so I can sit in front of the fan in the buff and be just a tiny bit cooler

Gonna have a nice soak in cold water too

I hate summer.

>poorfag cannot afford AC
Serves you well
Mental degeneracy doesn't make them girls
Why would you make G deviant armor when atlal ka exists?

Its hitbox is as fucky as Glavenus's tail spin too. I don't know the exact safe zone yet, but I've had it pass right through me while I'm clearly clipping the model, and I've also been hit from a little bit outside of the radius.

>tfw rusty as fuck

>e+2

It looks like there's a G1 prowler-only Glavenus that you fight in the arena map, yeah. You might be better off just waiting for G3 though, G1 and G2 are mostly trash monsters anyway and if you eat for bombardier and do it with at least one other person Lao-Shan should be easy, it doesn't even hit you unless you stand right under it or right where one of its rocks fall cus it's just a dps check (I was grinding it solo with a peak performance high rank gunner set and Amatsu's HBG, also high rank). I know G1 is usually trash, but it feels weird that Diablos is the "barrier" monster and you don't fight Lao-Shan (an actual traditional "barrier" monster to get into G rank) until the urgent to get into G3.

Come on man, either git gud enough for +1 to be plenty or go full invulnerability with +3. +2 is the worst investment.

youtube.com/watch?v=fyrA_IU7zYQ

Frontier outdid themselves yet again

Is this genre called Big Bandboo?

/mhg/ circa 4u would be more triggered by panja
this place really has changed
there's a good reason i'm not using evasion 3

Japanese classical but with a jazz twist

As if being on your top form will increase your time.

That image must be bait.
>ugly mixed set that's worse than a lot of fullsets
>e+2 instead of +1 or +3 in 4U
>panja sedition instead of grimclaw SnS
>yet posting it like it's a TA
All it needs is s+1 with panja to really bring it home.

+2 is actually the same point per frame value as +1, and you don't really duffer diminishing returns on iframes for the first 20, so along with talismans allowing you a lot of armour flexibility +2 isn't that bad. It's just dumb to have on a TA set.

2/10 you tried

>prowler-only

What do they even have now that boomerang spam is nerfed?

Come oooonnnn that was good.

Oh yeah, and
>27 minute time
>still posting it, just excusing it as being rusty
Like if it's not a TA, why post your armour set? if it IS a TA, just why in general? Gotta be bait.

panja looks cool and has a cool gimmick
it's not really a TA, or i would have posted items/etc

I use panja too, with barroth armour for max fashion. I just wouldn't post my set when I'm using it like it's a TA submission.

>if it IS a TA, just why in general
TA is acceptable in general but that guy's bait is just too obvious.

I can at least somewhat understand panja (even if it's shit and who wastes mats on that). E+2 is just pointless waste of points

Rate my weapon autism.
GS and HH will definitely go higher, but I'm only just learning them.

>the fan is only blowing hot air right now, and I can't take off my shirt in the house because other people live with me
Unless you're a girl (HAH girls on the internet), you can take off your shirt you fatass. Stop getting embarrassed about stupid shit.

How could it be wasting points if it's pointless?

>sns
>evasion+2
Rust has nothing to do with it buddy.

kys

do you know how steve weapons work?

>blogging about the heat
>complaining specifically about sweaty tiddies
Presumably a girl.

>implying you need evasion skills to trigger steve weapon sharpening
Do you? The only people who use evasion on a sns are stylish bombers, and only +1 at that.

Awful unless it's GS/Hammer

What does roll sharpen have to do with you being a shitter?

>this place really has changed
XXbabs run the show and they're very anti-competitive.

Number of iframes doesn't boost how much they autosharpen, constitution would make more sense because how often you evade does. But then you could just use MDJ, which is cheap as fuck in 4U.

E+1 is for normal SnSing, stylish bombing does not need e+ whatsoever. Count a beat after attacking the bomb before rolling and you'll dodge it with base iframes.

you need to roll often for panja to be viable, rolling often without evasion is going to either get you hit or waste your time

here you go, +1 to your collection

Gunlance,Bow,Lance,Gunlance,and HH are all top-tier.

>4Utards still pretending they aren't the ones who shooed away anyone decent so only shitposters remain

Uh it's 4U SnS, an evade (backhop) is part of your poised infinite. X+A X X X back+a (and release) X X X etc is your bread and butter and should keep panja sharp for a long time without rolling.

>E+1 is for normal SnSing, stylish bombing does not need e+ whatsoever.
Are you sure? I remember evasion+1 used to be mandatory for stylish bombing. It's been a while though.

Teo girls are top tier.

Stylish bombing requires e+1.
Why use it in the first place anyway?

It's mandatory if you roll immediately after triggering the bomb, I used to think it was mandatory too until someone here set me straight.

Finally some good opinions on female armour sets.

backhop is a dps loss
also you need to roll once every 4 hits to maintain purple

>Gunlance
>4U
Sure mate
>Bow
Yeah forgot about it
>Lance
Okay at best
>HH
Who unironically uses HH?

>/mhg/ circa 4u would be more triggered by panja
>this place really has changed
/mhg/ circa doesn't complain about weapons as long as you use an appropriately tiered weapon. They only fight over weapon types which is a different thing altogether.

tru dat

If you were to get a Hunter for every single piece of G Ranked Armor set from every (definitive) game, no repeats, and for the sake of argument has a balance mix of all weapons using all elements.
What is the strongest thing outside the MonHun Universe they could kill?

>Stylish bombing requires e+1.
Like I said, only if you roll immediately. "Cook" the roll and base iframes cover the explosion, the actual hitbox only lasts for one frame so 6 is much more than enough. Count like a quarter-second after the R+X before rolling or backhopping.

I literally went into an expedition with an inventory of bombs and bomb mats and worked out the timing, it took me several tries but once I figured it out it was super easy to do every time. Now if I don't do it for a while I have to repeat that to get the timing down again, but it's always the same story, easy once you nail it. Maybe you should try the same.

Top tier on their weapon tree. Come on now.

You've made that far more complicated than it needs to be
Just say an army of fully equipped G rank hunters

Would try, I fell to the stylish bombing mandatory skills meme.

I hope they bring back teo and luna to MHW.

E+1 is still useful though so no real reason to not take it

Full lunastra armour has everything you need for stylish bombing (ie trapmaster and bombardier), apart from the pyro food skill.

I suspect it's gonna be a "reboot" like tri, so raths and diablos and all new shit otherwise.

The latter is a garbage monster and one Teo fight is more than enough.

>Who unironically uses HH?
N-No bully. It's f-fun. I mean what other weapon can you smack the monster around with then play a jam while it's KO'd on the floor? Also gog horn is better and cooler looking.

Also yeah this Thing is, actual mandatory stylish bombing skills are so cheap that you can easily fit E+ or some 5 slotter in for quality of life. It's just not correct to say it's mandatory.

You shut your whore mouth.

LBG also, and HBG if you're a dumb gay nerd that uses normal 2 over pierce 1.

>Bring Yama HH on 140 Cham hunt
>Gets praised by the whole team with paras,support and helping with the KO damage
I find it funny that I get kicked for using HH on normal quests but see people being happy that I joined in their 140 quests.

It's fucking true. Teo is an easy, but awful fight thanks to his outdated moveset and insta charges.
We don't need a clone.

I totally forgot to add the LBG in the list. It is literally the de-apex: The Weapon in 4U. I prefer either Gravy or Fatty HBG on steve hbg but it is still really great versus spastic monsters.

HH has bad reputation for being lower damage ontop of baddies using it for pure support, sitting in the corner to play songs. It's a sad cycle of hating on one of the most unique weapons in the game.

I believe the point is that they have nice gear. Besides, monsters are probably getting a rework if they come to World. I mean, surely Capcom wouldn't let Tencent show them up, r-right?

Pretty much. 99% of the HH player that I met just can't HH for shit. The other 1% is my hunting buddy who happens to main HH and taught me the ways of HH. I wish I can see more good HH players in the future.

Shittest shitters get weeded out on 140 and others have an idea what exactly that thing does

One of the annoying things of HH is that they have to balance it for 4 party play which means it will always be a weak weapon solo and that's probably why it gets shit on so hard, ontop of being not an entry weapon for beginners to learn in the first place. I really like HH and hope they buff it.

I hate that slicing is only internal ammo in gen/XX so even disregarding how much seregios weapons were nerfed in general the LBG has lost its niche of being a gun that can easily smash a hunt entirely with cutting damage. Slicing S is so underrated, I think because people see it and think "oh, that must just be for cutting tails" and never bother to check its MV or compare shot hitzones to cutting hitzones. And that's outside of the benefit you only realise once you start using it, which is that delayed damage is like being ROMAN on autopilot, especially when monsters are trying to fly away (which gen also ruined, since monsters no longer stagger while fleeing past a certain point, which is when they take off for most flying monsters).

All-HH rooms tend to be a lot of fun, probably because even people that don't normally play HH realise they need to be hitting the monster if everyone is using one (and of course because you end up with every possible buff in the game at once, so you're all invincible supermen KOlocking the monster).

>first learning HH
>bring eldaora's goathead to a dalamadur because there aren't many horns I can make
>fuck up my positioning repeatedly, keep letting buffs run out, generally play badly
>everyone else tells me I was awesome afterward
HH is the fast track to blowjobs.

>All-HH rooms
I remember doing that in the last non-hyper DLC in Gen with Lagiacrus and other monsters. We beat the quest in 16 minutes and it was really fun seeing all the buff popping on our screens.

>have to balance it for 4 party play
They have to do it for every weapon and they don't make any weapon deal one of the worst DPS in the game, even buffed with AUL song and stuff. HH really just needs higher MVs

I've never done it in Gen/XX, I'm not sure it would be enjoyable since I play with 3D on and the depth of dialogs that pop up is wrong in Gen. Though come to think of it I haven't noticed that in XX, so either I've finally gotten used to it fucking my eyes or they fixed it.

>all these HH bros I didn't know the thread had
HH is probably the only weapon that resembles the old pre-charge greatsword's playstyle, where you had to have good positioning and timing to get off attacks. No other weapon plays like this anymore.
The note playing is just a nice touch to add on to it's uniqueness. The only thing it needs are some buffs. I hope they bring over the double note mechanic from X/XX to MHW.

The thing is that AUL buffs everyone else too, not just the horn. Your damage is multiplied by the other players.

Though the logical solution would be to nerf AUL in proportion to the number of players but buff HH's damage, eg give HH 30% better MVs and make AUL give 30% attack solo, 15% in a 2man, 10% in a 3man and 7.5% in a 4-man.

aria? who the fuck is that?
as for Charlotte I thought you faggots got over her?
i miss doj at least he was fun to poke fun at but now you cunts are idolising random cunts, cant you just chill?

Or just nerf the song, It doesn't have to give AUL to be useful

>all these HH bros I didn't know the thread had
I almost never see randoms use HH. There was a period fairly early on in 4U's lifespan where a lot of randoms were using it, so maybe there was some kind of pro-HH trend on reddit or something, but apart from that it's pretty elusive. I've seen a lot of HH users playing with /mhg/ though. We definitely have a high bard concentration compared to the rest of the playerbase.

>We definitely have a high bard concentration compared to the rest of the playerbase
Gentlemen of patrician taste if I do say so myself.

>aria? who the fuck is that?
a cute girl haha decent player haha
also french but still a nice person haha

>girl
sure fag

>you cunts are idolising random cunts
yeah this bullshit need to stop