/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Snow edition

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Ask for a guest pass in the thread if you don't want to commit to 10 fucking dollars oy vey.
All classes can be fun and/or viable.
If you have to ask, the game isn't worth it. Go away.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/h6Bx3fpr.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks for real thread.

Fuck InnerCucks and their hijacked early threads.

Good job OP

This one will probably die or be deleted unfortunately. Shame, not much you can do about early posted threads without stooping to faggotry

Fourth for RNG

A shame, InnerCucks are a plague.

keep this thread bumped friends~

Have you gotten anything good from RNG, night vendor or anything user?

Gotta have memes and /b/ tier shitposting or Naaki will flip his shit

Show me your best SCENERY screenshot /bdog/ I need new material. Bonus Points for Desert.

Sadly a lot of my good desert shots have me in them

I got 1st try TRI on all my gear and half of my accessories.Then I lost it all except a duo neck.

Noice shot, I can actually feel the heat

That's pretty nice ano-
wait what? You lost all of it? Do explain

Show me your face and I can tell you if that's a problem.

Valencia is the best!

>6 IPs
@everyone, get in here quick Inner Cucks are at it again!

It is a problem because it takes away from the scenery, but same as

no dogbbc pls

shut up faggot

no

Can you fags not shit up every general with your threadwars and personal butthurt garbage

Your OP isn't even any better it is missing the discord link and has a gay generic inage that you have used once before try harder next time and maybe your thread will stay

sage

It doesn't matter as long as your face is cute enough to be a redeeming alternative.

There is no official discord you fucking mook

>it is missing the discord link

I thought that was the reason why this thread got created in the first place.

Fuck off InnerCuck you know exactly what's wrong with your OP but just for the chance a jani/mod is reading this before pressing delete here's a list.

>Intentional Typos and spelling mistakes
>Broken, changed or false links
>Advertising
>Changed Pastebin

nah it isn't

Is this your ideal MMO or are you playing it in hopes that something better comes along/

It's a niche MMO. I like the Character Editor and the implementation of crafting and gathering. The action Combat is also great but they don't do anything with it. I hope they add new actual content in the future.

I'd like something better to come along. I'm not much into grind and I'd like to spend more time with friends. At the same time though I like to solo a lot, BDO doesn't restrict me by having raids that I need a ton of friends and a schedule for, I can play it whenever and however I want which is pretty nice. I'd kindof like a game that has a lot of the same features, but maybe less intrusive cash shop stuff, and more opportunities to spend time with other players.

I'm pretty new to MMO's, I kind of avoided playing any as I have general aversion against monthly fees and pay to win models of financing and was expecting MMO's to be either of those, but I was playing some ARPG's lately and I kind of enjoyed the grinding and the build/min-maxing nature of the genre and I thought that MMO's would provide these aspects, just amplified.

So far I'm kind of enjoying my stay, did quests, life skills, hit awakening, did some grinding, however I did not actually got what I sought. The builds seem to be really lacking any sort of deep decisions and/or variety, you just take pretty much all your awakening skills and play with them, items provide few kinds of stats and the strenght of the item is very basic powerlevel system. The trading in this game is nonexistent and the market system is restricted pain in the ass. The drops from mobs are really dissapointing as well, they're basically just dropping only silver without any chance of something you'd actually want to use as you'd need to upgrade the base in order for it to be powerful enough (I understand that bosses do indeed give exciting drops, but that's different scenario).

I'll certainly play much more and try to do actual lategame content, so maybe I'll change my opinion with more experience, however, so far I'm rather conflicted on what I'm getting.

waiting for gunner so I can go back to blade and soul, BDO is a great time killer I must say

>Go to Valencia
>Do 5 Story Quests
>Out of Energy
wow!

that whole quest line is aids unless you know where the specific digging spots and shit are, 10/10 design

I honestly find BDO one of the best MMO out there.

>Seeing this is the real thread
Is blackdesertfoundry a good site to use when I'm trying to figure shit out? Is it /bdog/ approved like dulfy is?

Not sure about blackdesertfoundery but dulfy is really good if you want to learn shit.

posting in the real thread

1-3 Ranger
4-6 Ninja
7-9 Tamer

I'm mostly looking for a gear progression guide. I don't understand gear or where to get it or what stats I need from it well enough yet so I was looking for something that would kind of tell me what I should be making money for and when to get the next piece. They have a pretty thorough guide but it has some conflicting parts to other stuff I found, given foundry is more recent. Is it just a random website or can I get good stuff from there like my gear progression guide I'm looking for?

No, outdated info most of the time. Stick to dulfy, somethinglovely, bddatabase, and blackdesertanalytics.

This.

which fuckin thread or we using holy shit

this one

alright im just gonna go jerk off, hopefully one of these will be deleted in 2 mins

I got greedy with failstacking so I'm back to mostly PRI now.

This is the real thread the other is an InnerCuck Shitpost.

Thank you, I really appreciate the references. I'm still looking for a loose progression gear sheet or guide though so I know where I'm headed, any suggestions on that?

>i.imgur.com/h6Bx3fpr.jpg
Join whatever your class discord is and there should be a guide or something if you have questions

oh shit, this is the guide I found online and posted a thread or 2 back but a few anons said that it was somewhat outdated without telling which parts were fucking outdated. Admittedly they said I wouldn't be too fucked if I followed it exact, I just wanted to know if there was something already put together more current than that. Looks like I'm gonna be alright. Thanks user!

Another question, when you guys say you "main" a character, are you doing all your lifeskills on that character too? Aside from maybe farming it sounds like a pain in the ass to swap characters back and forth for lifeskills and grinding. Do you even level your life skillers' combat? Energy and CP share sounds nice though.

lifeskilling is worthwhile on alts if only for the house fame, other than that I would only really have a fishing alt so you can still park your main at your grinding spot when you're going to bed

I'm glad to have discussion and I know for sure I'm not the only new guy here so thanks for answering all these questions. I'm also hoping that if this thread keeps bumping we'll keep this one instead of yet another IC filled one. I almost wish we could have 2 threads to keep them out.

Anyway, so for house fame, that's cumulative I thought? So you're leveling the same life skills on several alts?

Not really seeing where its outdated, only thing I would change is maybe getting red coral rings instead of blue and a shultz set instead of the ancient guardian stuff because its so expensive now. Also you could go 3 piece hercules+zereth chest if you don't plan on buying weight/maids for a long while.
>life skill alt
I do everything on one character because most life skills require inventory slots (fishing, trading) or weight (trading, processing, gathering) and I don't feel like buying max on multiple characters

>house fame
Honestly don't worry about it, unless you grind to 58 or have all professional life skills on multiple characters, just take whatever free money you end up at over time.

yep, the tricky part with life fame is that it only counts after pro 1, so if you're skilled 7 or whatever the points won't show up
you can level processing to pro1 pretty easily with roughly 5000 flax, cooking is easy to get with around 7000 cooking exp byproducts giving you pro2, and you can just gather water for lazy gathering exp as well.

One thing I don't understand about maids, can you access them from outside your residence? It sounds like they're just the storage chest you get from the bankers without the CP cost.
>I do everything on one character because most life skills require inventory slots
Ok I gotcha there, I've been selling shit for like alchemy and stuff just to make room for the other stuff I wanted to do but don't have the time or room for right now. With the way the marketplace works I wasn't planning on buying anything like weight, slots, or pets from the pearl shop other than those artisan memories with loyalty and eventually outfits, should I save/buy the weight upgrade(s) is it really that crucial if I am gonna make alts after all?

>everyone talking on discord
>nobody talking in the thread
good idea

>Talking on discord
That's your first mistake.

you can use maids from anywhere, useful for sniping things while grinding or storing drops so you dont have to go back to town
dont buy outfits from the pearl shop, you can get one off the marketplace relatively easily and the stats arent that important
the only thing you should really buy are weights, maids, and pets. later on you can worry about lodging, storage slots, and lifeskill outfits

Good morning everyone, who's ready for the day?

Don't do that, think of all you have to live for! Think of the towels that will go unquenched without you around.

The cutest watermelon I've ever seen

So much information thanks again user, I've learned more from you in a few posts than the past week or so of heavy lurking and newfagposting

>Discord
>For a single player MMO

so we're just bending over and letting the innercucks fuck the OP yet again?

You can turn off pets for a few more fps unless you were just doing it for the screenshots

>2016-03-16
thanks lad, learn something new everyday I suppose

So what's good for money?

Right now I'm doing elrics, which you only get 1 million for 600 of the dropped items which seems slow

>the other thread is literally just IC denying they exist whilst simultaneously fluffing each other's carrots with nostalgia

please be futa

I'm the one that posted the Royal vid. I'm not in the IC (I don't even play).

I just wanted to know if he still plays and gauge how dead this game is.

Go to the Valencia if you've the gear.
The gear requirements aren't nearly as bad as pic related makes them out to be

One of the threads would be deleted by now if people could actually report. Try reporting right now.

unless you have 4 pets you won't get a lot of money from grinding, I recommend farming elites over at wandering rogues/manes and looting packs in between channel swaps, that worked for me until I got 3 pets
alternatively you could get into lifeskilling or join a party at sausans or something and benefit from special deals

Why did the innercucks come back to shit on this general? Is it just because it's summer?

You can do any mobs even with shit ap/dp but that ap/dp map is pretty accurate to farm efficiently. Nobody wants to waste 20 seconds on a pack.

Right but those 20 seconds make up for time lost competing with turbo autists, gankers, and channel swapping if you were to go susans or pirates.

That's why you never go grind at prime time.

mods auto saged this thread didn't they? why are inner cucks so hellbent on destroying /bdog/?

bingo
they've always been a cancer that shows up once a month but they've been trying their hardest to be relevant as of late

InnerCucks are the worst.

centaurs got nerfed so you only need 180ap-ish, and for pila ku you only need 200-210ap with kutum
i would probably just do relics if i had no pets/no money/no ap. its boring as all hell but you can just watch tv or shit post while doing them

>auto-saging
Eat shit thread-warfags

bumb

RIP
remember to use this OP next time one of you faggots actually nut up and make the thread
The one in is an inner cuck shitpost

>other thread full of samefagging retard spam
>RIP

They make the thread early what the fuck do you want.

HAHAHAHAHAH fucking retards cannot compete with the sheer might and dominance of the superior neanderthal race i laugh at you disgusting sapes trying to comprehend how to get your little "victories"