Test drove a Fiesta ST today to see what all the hype was about. I want one really bad now. What a fun car

Test drove a Fiesta ST today to see what all the hype was about. I want one really bad now. What a fun car.

What year should I get? Anything I should watch out for? I heard some of the early Fiestas had overheating issues, but I'm not too informed.
I'm coming from a fully bolted speed 3 if it matters.

avoid the automatic

>implying fiestas come in automatic

knowing me i probably just bit onto some hard b8 but you never know, some people might just be this stupid

>escape 2013 owner
>same engine as fiesta ST
>yes my motor used to overheat all the time
It stops doing that after a while. I seriously think it's just the motor wearing in. After 50k miles, it stopped overheating in any incident. Also, it only did so above 4k revs within 5 minutes of turning on. After the coolant temp evens off, it wont overheat. There was a software fix too, but that was to turn flaming head gaskets into a warning and limp mode.

The 1.6 ecoboost is a very good motor, but it's not the kind of motor for people that worry.

I honestly think the fiesta is a better car than the focus, both price/performance wise, and weight/HP wise. It's also the car to go with if you plan to modify it, as the 1.6 ecoboost has better gains than the 2.0 in the focus with aftermarket tuning.

It's almost like using 1.6 liters to drag along 4000lbs is bad idea.

The engine throws around that weight a lot better than my last car.

The overheating has nothing to do with the weight of the car. If anything, the transmission should be the weak point in a

There is a DCT transmission that sucks balls and a 6 speed manual that is OK

go for the 6 speed manual

he's talking about the ST
STs only come in manual

very fun cars. Mine's ticked over 25K miles, no worries, no issues.

Of course a modern tiny turbo engine is going to feel like a V8 compared to a 100hp I4 or 200hp V6 of yesteryear. That engine is going to be stressed unless it's geared to the point of doing 5000rpm down the highway or a 15 speed transmission. People that know what their talking about know that it's generally a bad idea to move heavy things with small engines. You don't see constant engine downsizing in the commercial and industrial world, Just sayin.

>That engine is going to be stressed unless it's geared to the point of doing 5000rpm down the highway or a 15 speed transmission.
The low gears are indeed aggressive, as it is a 5 speed with 1 overdrive gear. Transmissions don't need 15 speeds to have aggressive acceleration.

>You don't see constant engine downsizing in the commercial and industrial world, Just sayin.
But I used to drive fleet transit connects with the 1.6 ecoboost as well. Wonderful trucks for delivering heavy items like water heaters, and a/c compressors. Those cars had 200,000 miles on them and still ran better than the older transit connects with larger engines.

there's literally no auto option for the ST

lol fiesta sts weigh 2700

and thats the pigfat 4 door us version

He was talking about the escape which is like 3600.

Ill sell ya my '16 :^)

if you considered the se you dont belong here

I have a 14 MK3 Focus St and love it. The tranny's in these cars are meh. Expect to replace the 2nd and 3rd gear synchros before 100k.

Buy one. Put a shifter, cobb exhaust and bov on it. Then, list it on craigslist for $25k like everyone else does because they seem to think these mods are worth a fuck.

have an ST

i kind of wish i got a FRS/BRZ instead

anyways it's an fun little car regardless and if you know what you are doing you can make the back end slide around

FiST is good but I highly recommend at least trying this dude.

why dont you guys ever mention the trash ass interoir? the center console is some playdoe and buttons are all angleled weird and it looks like complete shit

What do you expect from a 20k car new.

A fucking Mercedes s-class interior with 12 inch screens and wood panels with diamond encrusted bezels?

Who gives a shit, the buttons work and the seats are too bad. You supposed to pay attention to the road anyway not the center console when you drive. What matters is under the hood and its driving characteristics.

I think they actually look pretty /comfy/

didnt know women were posting here now.
youre gonna complain it doesnt have a brand hologram when you open the door like in that other thread?
fu k outta here you faggot. Youre the kind nigger of that drives some luxury landbare pickup truck
get out of this thread. its about a sports car, not dressup

interior posting, wheels, stancefaggots and ricers should be gassed

what are the opinions of the 2015-2017 focus st? I know they dropped that awful MyFord shit in the 2016 model and replaced it with Sync3 which is supposed to be more intuitive.

i just don't like the way the fiesta st looks, its tall and skinny (but still manages to weigh 2700 lbs). i think the focus is more nicely balanced proportionally.

The sync3 is a great system. I dont own an ST yet but from my expereince the Focus ST is more livable. It doesn't have the low end torque the FiST has but once you get past 4k you can really feel the boost.

Comes down to preference, I like to buy unique cars and annoy people with cars that arent supposed to be fast like sleepers so for the FiST would be better for me. The FoST seems more benign in traffic and low rpm's from my test drive.

How did the owner of that Ford manage to get space where the driver's knee goes?

Accidental sage

>its tall and skinny
in pictures it looks it, but IRL it's actually fine.I do think the Mk6 ST looked better though

why would anyone get the auto anyway? the whole fun of hot hatches is based on having a good manual box

I recently came across a very very cheap Transit Courier, which is the van version of the fiesta. comes with a 1.0 ecoboost. any opinions on this?

>Evans Kikeshaw
do not engage with these faggots, for the love of whoever/whatever you worship, just leave whatever they are selling alone, do not let them cuck you

thats just a picture from google, im not in the UK user. I seen a brand new one of those for 11k euros. I am seriously considering it, 3000 down and 48 months payments would be around 250 a month, it is doable for me, I have no car and the used car market here is such shit that it is cheaper to buy new. But I don't want to buy a brand new car that is going to have overheating issues.

What kind of crap were you driving before if the Escape is better, ha ha ha ha!?

Because ford is all about “muh numbers”, which look decent on paper but are total shit in practice.

The shills avoid talk about quality or reliability because ferd is still the worst burger car maker

>ford is all about muh numbers
Ford is by far the least guilty of this between them and GM/FCA. Dodge masturbates to horsepower numbers, Chevy masturbates to lap times and skid pad numbers, Ford just makes fun cars. I remember Matt Farah mentioning that he preferred the GT350R on track compared to the (significantly faster) ZL1 1LE and Viper ACR, because it feels more special and playful.

I like mine.
Sync 3 is a good system, miles better than the previous incarnation.
Interior is a bit nicer as well compares to the fiesta, though that's not saying much.

Get a late 2015 model or up.
I have a 2014 with no overheating issues. As for mods b14 shocks are a must and all you really need is an intercooler to avoid heat soak.
Get a stratified e30 tune with 91 and e30 slots.
Only problem with the car is that it’s very hard to keep traction when launching.

It doesn't look good from the side or 3/4 front view but the back is nice. It only looks tall in pictures, you can get a better sense of how small it is in person.

Any reason late 2015 and up? I want a FiST 2 and 2014's are a steal rn for around 13-14k

2014 and some early 2015 models have an engine recall.

the bikes or the FATI

I beat one of these in a highway pull with my cat deleted rx7 one time lol. Maybe he a bunch of luggage in it but I can't be making more than 150 hp lmao.

An rx7 weighs 2500 pounds. Pushes 255 hp. More with a cat delete.
Fiesta weighs 2700 pounds and has about 200 hp.

Try again sweaty I make 135hp stock my car is 32 yrs old lol.

Also fiesta makes 186 hp last I checked, and my car weighs in at around 2300-2400 lbs

In my fiesta I can't listen to bluetooth or aux or isb because as soon as I press the Media button it instantly goes back to the fm radio mode

Wat do??
Already tried disconnecting the battery and radio fuse to reset the radio

>sister bought a fuccboi ST
>she hypes it up
>doesn't let me drive it
>says she'll never speak to me again if I buy one myself

Ah you have the one no one wants.