When are Toyota going to give the GT86 the power it so desperately needs?

When are Toyota going to give the GT86 the power it so desperately needs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1PlSA2DnTL8
evo.co.uk/subaru/wrx-sti/13404/long-anticipated-subaru-brz-sti-is-actually-brz-ts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>desperately needs

200 horses seems like a fair bit mate.

I suppose if you've only driven 50HP hatchbacks your whole life it would.

Granted I agree it doesn't need more power as desperately as people thing.

it's a great car, to be fair the torque dip in mid rpm can easily be fixed.. there's even a TRD supercharger yet no official TRD version

Well there's the GRMN, but it's Only a 16 horse power increase though mostly focused on handling. Not available outside of Japan apparently.

I got a 987 Cayman S Flat 6 middle rear engine RWD 295 hp and i want more hp too.

>it's an infernal spiral like women, when you get your hands on a good model want more and more

Why does this car need more HP when it's meant for mountain raods?

By comparison: The new MX-5 gets a dismal 158hp out of their 2 litre.

It's just shit, Mazda can't make a decent engine, or car anymore.

145hp at the wheels is not enough horses dude.

Good thing they have about 170 at the wheels according to independent dyno runs.

More torque and power at every point in the rev range than the Mazda.

torque dip is tuneable to get rid of it.

torque dip is tuneable to get rid of it

but is the torque dip tuneable to get rid of it?

My golf is making more TQ and HP at 4.5k

We were talking about rwd slow sports car, not vw shit box

This is relevant, the 200hp is only available CV at the extreme top of the rev range, everywhere else it's useless.

>>When IS Toyota....

Damn man. I can't take your questions seriously, when I have to tip toe through your sentences.

Cool...nobody cares. We're talking about "sports" cars. Not hot hatches or sport compact cars. My WRX makes more tq and hp than your vw and both the other cars, but it's irrelevant to the point.

You only drive between 6k and 7,5k when aiming for performance.

>When are they going to x

Are is correct when talking about multiple people.

Toyota, like all companies is a collective noun and should be referred to as such.

So are is correct.

automatics are gross

It is in ""the twisties""". Using 100% of that is till enough to kill you or land you in jail. If you want to pull hard from the lights but a Camaro or Mustang. Keep in mind most people use these for daily driving, It's really like a rwd civic. 140whp is "peppy" enough for most people.

The Miata was never meant to be fast in the first place. The ND is the fastest Miata ever to be mass produced.. leave Mazda alone

What if Toyota offered the GT-86 with the 4-cylinder from the new Supra. Would Subaru allow such a thing?

When Kia BTFO's the competition.

they used the boxer because the bay's height is so low right? do you think it would fit? I'm not sure if this is true just asking.

Was this terrible thread really worth bumping for THAT post?
Don't respond to benchrace posters.

Did you literally not read what I said?

Apologize!

youtube.com/watch?v=1PlSA2DnTL8

they wont give it more power because it would take market share away from potential STI buyers. The 86's and s2000's are fast on the tail of the dragon fwiw. Right there with me in my 370 on 285 re-11s square. . I think if you boosted one to around 275-300 at the wheels it would be fun in the hills.

jesus, I've got an 82 280zx, 156 whp from the original 2.8l sohc straight 6. You're telling me that they can't make more than that with 40 years and an extra cam? Damn, that's some lazy shit right there.

>two less cylinders
>.8l smaller cylinders
cant tell if this is a meme

>new supra is a 4 cylinder
Please tell me you're joking.

>b-b-but the Miata wasn't mean to be fast
>t-t-they could have made loads more power if they wanted to
"Alright guys this sports car isn't meant to be fast so lets try to develop an engine that doesn't make too much power"
-t. no engineer ever

Yes I couldn't believe it when my neighbours son told me his 2litre only has ~120kw, I said:
>"What? That's less than my 27 year old non turbo 2 litre MR2!?!?! Surely not!"
I actually didn't believe him, I had to go home and google it.

Well how do you explain the fact that it makes the same power as a 4AGE 20v - a 1.6 litre engine from mid 90's corollas.......??

It's more than this sort of car usually gets.

Never. The car is designed so you do that

Fellow aygo spotted

you want some car with that turbo?

It doesn't, you just need to git gud

Toyota have not confirmed a new supra. Everything so far has been speculation. The fact that nothing was announced at the Tokyo show should be enough to kill Supra rumors

lol at all the 86 bros ignoring this

say it all the time on here the toque and 0-60 time on the ND is superior to the 86. miata also weighs less, convertible, and with some cheap suspension mods(taking out street suspension) out handles the 86 as well

The choice for a light sports car was never in doubt

ND> 86

They did us all a favor by putting the boxer in there. Today's crash regulations force hood lines to be high, with air space between engine and hood. Had they put a vertical engine in there, it would force the hood line to be taller and uglier. With the boxer, the stock hood line sits lower, similar to older cars that we all love. There is still plenty of space to cram a vertically oriented engine in that bay.

Was it really worth bumping this terrible thread for something all non-bus-shitters already know? Use sage next time.

>terrible thread
Rude.

t. eurocuck
330hp is the minimum for 2700lbs

>4-cylinder
>posts a shot of a 2j swap
>1.....2......3.......6!

I can buy an ecoboost mustang w/performance package for the same price as a BRZ. The mustang is more comfortable, nicer, significantly faster, and performs better on a track. The same could also be said for a camaro w/ 2.0 turbo

The brz is an overpriced shit box that loses to everything in its category

What would possess you to make such a terrible post?

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat.
You can buy an FG XR6T for the same price here.

It's why they need to release the S-FR. They need a smaller car in a lower price bracket.

>200 HP
>still only 2 seats and a useless bench for your wife's son

lol

Toyobaru BTFO, will they ever recover?

>down literally 50 hp
>still win by a whole car length
>with the top down

so this.... is the power of low weight, huh?

for you

Never
>wheels fly off
Tomorrow
>Put down by a fucking mini-van
When we feel like it fucker!!!!!
>kids in back of van flip you off as they eat their tendies
Floor it and you'll find out
>Not only do you not find out but you slide right into a dumpster
That pidgeon isn't so bad I bet honda doesn't do this
>From upside down in the dumpster as the bird takes your sandwich (fuck you) in the distance you see a riced stanced civic go off a ramp as the driver ejects screaming "WOOOOOOO"
He's gonna miss
>He doesn't miss and the car plows right into a boat that was trying to escape

Gearing, gear ratios, tires, different drivers. You can't just point to a single factor. Most will agree the Miata is a better performance car, but if you're benchracing either of them you miss the point entirely.

>bench racing two similar cars in the same price bracket
>missing the point entirely

just fuck off dude

1. Benchracing is fucking retarded to begin with, try tuning the nut behind the wheel and enjoying these two wonderful cars made for driving enjoyment instead of jerking off over stat sheets
2. Your choice will basically come down to "Do I want 2+2 practicality?"

It really shits me how the only way to get a bit more cargo space is to get an extra two useless seats.

Why can't they just make sports cars like utes where there's a bit of storage space behind the seats, but still only two seats?

All you're ever going to use the rear seats on an 86 for is storing more luggage.

The contract between Subaru and Toyota ends in 2018 which means the 2019 versions of the BRZ and GT86 should be different

Subaru is already gearing up for a BRZ STI

Why is the torque so low

probably because of emissions requirements

Other 4-banger cars don't really have this torque dip in the middle of the RPM range. Many people who tune and play with the car say the torque dip can be alleviated with new headers and a tune

Doesn't change the fact that the 86 is a slow piece of shit and a Pacifica is faster.

The Miata is a great car, but some people don't want to spend 30k on a 2 seater convertible. You talk about taking it to the track, but that includes bolting up a roll cage to your brand new car. The 86 makes a lot more sense if you only want to own 1 car.

Ecoboost with PP is several thousand more than a base BRZ. It's also significantly larger and almost 1000lbs heavier. Not to mention turbo lag. Totally different experience.

>All you're ever going to use the rear seats on an 86 for is storing more luggage.
I use my rear seats almost daily for my son. Having the 2 rear seats is a huge reason why I bought my 86

Source?

>Source?
evo.co.uk/subaru/wrx-sti/13404/long-anticipated-subaru-brz-sti-is-actually-brz-ts

This talks about the potentiality of the BRZ STI

... except its not slower than a Pacifica?

Don't respond to busriders you moron.

>b-busrider
stop sperging out lmao, I drive a 328i

Eh, just delete the rear seats if you're that butthurt about it, and move the dash back on the Driver's side like a race car.

My point is that they could shorten the wheelbase while still having the same amount of usable interior space.

Amen. I go to the track and see these asshats with tons of money poured into their cars and get passed by the miata track rats, or guys with brand new Camaro's and track packages who think they're hot shit and careen into a barrier on their first lap.

You want to peacock like an idiot and never actually be fast? Get a fast car.

You want to be fast, and a good driver? Get a car you can learn to drive fast. I've seen Corvettes blow down the straight, and two turns later there's an 86 hugging their bumper.

Eh, you wouldn't be able to fit your track tires though. You can fit an extra set of wheels in an 86. You have to tow a trailer for a Miata, or pray and put everything in the passenger seat.

What the fuck am I reading?

Why not feel it all the time? Cuck logic

Did you even read the article?
>Spy shots appeared to confirm this, but it seems they were simply pictures of the BRZ tS. While we can't form a full judgement on the tS without going for a drive, it's difficult not to be disappointed when we expected a full-fat, STI-tuned model. We can but live in hope that such a car is in Subaru's pipeline.

your a big guy

All of you guys are overlooking vehicle production and cafe standards. Toyota has to balance v8 4runners with cars. That's pretty much it, granted there could be consideration toward longevity are segment value, it's mostly fuel.

no one cares about power, we all care about the fact that its the successor to the ae86 and its an affordable RWD car, even Jeremy Clarkson agrees that its good.

XR6T will use a lot more fuel though, also more expensive insurance.
That said the XR6T is a much better car.

>delusion, the post

Why would they give it powah when the new Supra will be the powahouse?

last time i tried to sage on this board, it didn't work.

there we go. Must be working now.

Beaten by a fucking automatic 1964 kg minivan with 248 hp, how can Toyota justify this?

>I have literally never actually driven the cars from the 90s that I fawn over
Hi benchracer

>The Miata is a great car, but some people don't want to spend 30k on a 2 seater convertible. You talk about taking it to the track, but that includes bolting up a roll cage to your brand new car. The 86 makes a lot more sense if you only want to own 1 car.

All of this, the Toyobaru has a roof and space in the back, the Miata is a great driver's car but the Toyobaru has more day to day practicality.

>All you're ever going to use the rear seats on an 86 for is storing more luggage.

Or passengers for short trips, I mean the space is here, so why not put seats that can fold down and extend the cargo area?

>Why can't they just make sports cars like utes where there's a bit of storage space behind the seats, but still only two seats?

They did.
(nevermind the subs, only decent pic I could find)

When subaru takes their shitty engine out of it

Just give it a fucking Turbo and an AWD. This could easily be a new GT-Four but those retards will never do it because muh Subaru WRX sales...

>cafe standards
half of the Toyota range are hybrids, if Dodge can sell Hellcats and still be within CAFE standards then Toyota definitely has space to sell a flat 6 or turbo GT86

>AWD
no, why the fuck would you do that?

>significantly faster
>performs better on a track
you're never going to a track

>nicer
subjective

>more comfortable
fair enough

>The brz is an overpriced shit box that loses to everything in its category
>>>>>a car has to perform well to be worth the money