YFW Mercedes, Ford, Nissan, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, Smart...

YFW Mercedes, Ford, Nissan, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, Smart, and Mitsubishi all have mid-priced electric cars for sale today.

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2013/05/22/autos/tesla-loan-repayment/index.html
electrek.co/2015/11/10/a-number-of-companies-are-now-using-teslas-open-source-patents-and-it-has-some-interesting-implications/
youtube.com/watch?v=TIZ5IEWk2iM
youtube.com/watch?v=H6G2-zFeGzk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll never understand the hatred for Tesla. It's like people don't want companies competing.

It's how people with an inferiority complex deal with life.

"I don't really understand it and I don't care to, therefore it's a worthless fad!"

it's just a vocal minority of luddites

>when you give your company's patents to it's competitors for free and then they drive you out of business

you still need to pay royalties. They aren't entirely free

Tesla haters fall into four categories:
-those who think electric cars are going to destroy their hobby, so to tolerate Tesla is to tolerate the end of personal owned ICE vehicles
-those who think that Tesla is just a big government-subisized pyramid scheme
-those who hate Tesla owners, thus hate Tesla
-those who don't like the cars (build quality, iPad in the center, whatever)

>driven out
By what, fucking Chevy Bolt? LOL

>Tesla is just a big government-subisized pyramid scheme
this one for me

>-those who think electric cars are going to destroy their hobby, so to tolerate Tesla is to tolerate the end of personal owned ICE vehicles
>-those who don't like the cars (build quality, iPad in the center, whatever)
These ones are me. I also hate self-driving cars and the notion that driving might soon be illegal.

funnily enough that's the dumbest reason of the four. All car companies get access to the ZEV credit program and the $7500 EV. Those weren't put in place just for Tesla you know. Also, the principle loan that Tesla got way payed back in advance to the government. It's just all Fake News, through and through. Makes me angry.

If I were you I'd be excited for self driving cars. It means less congested roads, cheaper insurance rates, less morons driving around, and higher speed limits. If you honestly think self driving will be required or something, that's nonsense.

>no sources
really makes me think

>wah wahh spoonfeed me
>but I will just dismiss it as FUD anyways

fuck off, here's your source. money.cnn.com/2013/05/22/autos/tesla-loan-repayment/index.html

>those who don't like the cars
And what's wrong with that now? They really do have absolutely garbage material and assembly quality, and now that competitors with similar range exist there's nothing going for them anymore. The novelty has worn off.

nothing wrong with that. You just fall in that category, that's all :^)

He's never said that the reasosns are "wrong". He simply listed them. Any jimmies rustled?

I dont like the fan boys. Tesla isn't anywhere close to replacing a sports car yet we see the constant condescension from them like they 'support', whatever that means (they don't own Tesla) the fastest car ever made.

>pyramid scheme
You mean Ponzi scheme.

Insurance would be pretty stupid no? Knowing America they'll fucking Jew us irregardless.

You forgot one
-those who are simply exhausted of the constant press conferences and media hype

there are two schools of thought when it comes to the future of automotive insurance.

1) rates will go down for everyone, just not as far down for those who still drive themselves.

2) there won't be insurance at all for people who have autonomy-only vehicles (the designer of the autonomy system will always be at fault); rates will skyrocket for those who still drive themselves.

Your pick.

gotta wait for the Roadster 2 to be made. With the right thermal management EVs can be beasts on things other than the quarter mile.

>the designer of the autonomy system will always be at fault
What if the car has bald tires? Can't blame the designer for that.

We should also blame gun manufacturers for all firearm deaths.

you could argue that the car should knows that it has weaker grip and thus needs to adjust the breaking; and that it could shut down if it detects poor traction. But good point

This is exactly why autonomous vehicles won't happen in our life time, or even foreseeable future.
>Not a perfect day? CAN'T DRIVE

Tesla claims their system is weather resistant.

that's different than bald tires though

Guns can't operate themselves. And if they did and hurt someone, you'd blame the company that made them.

A car company can't be held responsible for what you do with their car.
Under your world the car manufacturer would be guilty until proven innocent.

-those who think that Tesla is just a big government-subisized pyramid scheme
There's literally no evidence at the moment that Tesla™ isn't a Ponzi scheme.

>no evidence at the moment that Tesla™ isn't a Ponzi scheme.
Yes there is:
1. Actually producing three car models.
2. Building factories that are visible on Google Earth.
3. Firing shiftless nogs even though bad press.
4. Building ra eal network of charging stations.

nice trips, also Tesla is doing this without any financial backbone to it, just a continuous milk of its investors: in my country we say "doing the step longer than the leg"

Yet nobody wants to buy them, and hundreds of thousands want a Model 3. Hmmmm. Let me guess, that's just "Apple fanboyism" and not the fact that Tesla has managed to make electric cars that people actually want.

>without any financial backbone
They have pre-sold over 480,000 cars equivalent to $10b profit.

Yet they managed to report a loss of almost 700 million $$$. Is Elon using money as pellets in his house or am I missing something?

You're telling me Tesla makes 60% profit on the model 3?

> am I missing something?
Did you miss the part where a company went from handbuilding Lotus chassis to mass production, worldwide distribution and service of 3 vehicles, a worldwide charging network, and a massive energy wing within 4 years? No investors seemed to miss that which is why the stock skyrocketed.

50% claimed

That's obscene profiteering.
The government should step in.

The government already has stepped it. Its low interest loans and subsidies is why this shitshow is even possible.

That's extreme corruption.
The people should step in.

>tfw #1
Please tell me that I'm driving myself crazy for no reason

I want an electric car for a DD

I do not want somebody that thinks building a good car is as easy as building a smart phone to build my DD

I remember smart phones being absolute shit up until recently. I remember a complete refusal of Apple and Google to admit how buggy, unstable and insecure their operating systems are. I also remember the industry telling me (just like Elon) that they were FUCKING AMAZING!!! Silicon valley can not produce tech that is beyond an alpha release, and they have way too much hubris to see this. They have no business building hardware with a "done is perfect" mentality.

So no I am not a person that doesn't understand electric cars and wants petrol cars forever. I want electric cars built with care and attention, and I want them to be properly tested before being released onto the roads. Tesla is not capable of meeting those standards. Therefor I hate it when Elon gets up on stage and claims his shit smells like roses.

its his bullshit ponzi scheme that thankfully finally fucking came crashing down thanks to trump

fucking Toyota had electric hybrids for over a decade

all Tesla did was entice them and others to just start making electric cars and they all did, at mass market and the cars are able to be test drove in every city, not just fucking 10 or 20 around the nation and need to wait 5 years to actually take it home cause of production wait times

he literally steam green lighted the car industry

funny how that stock has ground rocketed after trump stopped his bullshit goverment funding

Which is something that would of happened without musk, the writing was on the walls as early as the first gen Prius and Insight full electric was the next logical step with or without Tesla.

This isn't a shot at Tesla or even musk (I don't mind his cars really well at least the modle S and the Roadster) but the thing he did wasn't make it so the other companies would have their shitbox tier Electronic commuter cars cars, what he did was make them hip,and make non shitboxes with Electric tech for better or worse I don't really know or care. If anything he paved the way for the electric luxury cars more than anything Chevy, Mitsubishi etal have done.

>"I understand what it is, don't give a fuck and not interested in it, therefore it's a worthless fad!"

ftfy

>yfw chevy and nissan make the best electric cars
>yfw normies only give a shit about tesla

>Mid Price
>Electic

TSLA IPO was $17/share. Current price is 303. It's dropped about 6% since Trump made a vague statement that he intended to maybe remove some incentives for EV manufacture. The actual stock price drop has to do with Model 3 delivery worries, not another promise that won't happen from the US Gov. You aren't smart enough/informed enough to weigh in on this topic, sorry.

>TSLA IPO was $17/share. Current price is 303.
The dollar was worth a lot more back then

tesla is doing fine guys, nothing to see here

>not toyota

>Mitsubishi
Not anymore. They've discontinued their go-kart. Nobody was buying the pieces of crap because

>a fucking leaf

was better in every possible fashion even as a used car.

Its the D-bag owner whom thinks he knows better than everyone else, is who we hate.

The guy basically said that silicon valley can make cars cheaper, faster and better than detroit. Yet here we are and D-bag can't even eat his own humble pie.

>you still need to pay royalties. They aren't entirely free
False. They are free for anyone to use cuz Elon Musk wants to push the electric car sooner.

Remember, Elon Musk said that he is not into Automotive business, so he wants Tesla to be bought out asap.

electrek.co/2015/11/10/a-number-of-companies-are-now-using-teslas-open-source-patents-and-it-has-some-interesting-implications/

>In other words, if a company wants to use Tesla’s patents for free, they cannot sue Tesla for infringement of their own patents, which has some interesting implications since a legal action is the main, if not only mean to enforce intellectual property rights.
That means that Tesla could safely use the patents of a company using its own patents, even if said company didn’t “open-source” them since they couldn’t sue Tesla for infringement based on their agreement to use Tesla’s patents in “good faith”.

If Tesla goes away, then who will toyota buy their carbon credits from??

lol. ZEV credit selling is a funny thing.

Why the FUCK doesn't Toyota just stick a 45kwh pack in a Prius? goddamn. They would sell so well

Mitsubishi is total shit.

ford, merc, Varies Widly, and Smart are all conversions and are not 200 mile range cars.

only the LEAF 2.0, Bolt and i3 are actually competition to the Model 3.

toyota is losing their shirt over the Mirai. i hear rumors that they will release a battery eV version. so they can recoup some of their development costs.

would be neat to see an electric 86. Someone already did it, sort of youtube.com/watch?v=TIZ5IEWk2iM

In another word, it is still free for anyone if they are on good-term with Tesla. I know that Porsche can avoid being sued by Tesla with a different underbody battery. It is similar but still different.

The dollar did not lose over orders of magnitude of its value in ten years. It's not the fucking Reichsmark.

You're an idiot if you think they won't try to just massively hike insurance rates for anyone who chooses to drive to get them off the road. Congress will just give all the people at the top juicy payouts so they'll have no interest in it. Or just pass some law banning driving unless you're in a government agency.

Until they switch from Lithium Ion to Betavoltaic batteries, Electric cars will never hit the majority.

Dude dont you remember when milk was 17 cents a gallon like 10 years ago?

You don't get the subsidy unless you buy from approved companies. I want to do a conversion.

>using a loss leader product to compare the current dollar

jej

it's for manufactures to make EVs, not random people like you. The point is to benefit the transition to EVs wrt major car companies

he was taking the piss m8

>Tesla haters fall into four categories:
I do not hate Tesle per se, I just can't stand people stupidity. Getting a 80K e-car to save on fuel is ridiculous, getting a 80K e-car without emerged infrastructure is ridiculous.

It's just like overpriced smartphone that people buy to show off. However it's OK because they don't claim they pay extra to save $$$. With tesla's they do.

They built a whole 440 of them last month. If they double production they should have those built in about 10 years.

Production hell = pic related,

Whoops, 40 years.

This. "Tech-savvy" hipsters are easy to con, but anyone with a brain wants a safe, reliable daily driver car. Tesla's marketing and the idea to buy big batteries in bulk to increase range at manageable cost are good, but competitors are better at actually building the cars.

>40 years

even chrysler is going copying tesla's massive center touchscreen for the 2019 ram

the "traditional" companies are big and slow to react, but when they do they will out-do tesla at every turn

>wanting the one company that's trying to kill car dealerships to die

could anyone ever be so stupid?

everyone, including Musk, says the stock is over valued.

Porsche is smoking crack. having some super special charing systme is going to harm adoption.

Tesla gets away with it because they build their own charger network, and because their 240v charging standard is the same as everyone else. the pins are the same even. the plug is just a different shape and tesla can take higher amps.

>tfw interior still looks and feels like dogshit after all these years

When your $90,000 car has worse interior than $27,000 upper-end trim Civic, you have a real problem.

they hired the interior chief from current volvos to fix that. though improved interiors won't show up for a years probably.

Only problem is tesla is not a hybrid, and literally every electric car that isnt tesla, fisker, or a bmw i looks as ugly as a prius or even worse

Detroit is full of niggers and jews

Bad news.

Which Mercedes is full electric?

B-Class Electric Drive is.

SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!

>B-Class Electric Drive
its a hybrid, its also ugly as fuck

The electric B class is electric, not a hybrid and it's drivetrain and battery were made by Tesla (they just stopped making the car).

Mercedes recently dropped all cooperation with Tesla.

Was only made to satisfy California's ZEV regulations.

I hope Elon gets accused of sexual harrasment soon.

Would be juicy.

SHAME!

youtube.com/watch?v=H6G2-zFeGzk

I shiggy diggy that you believe that's real.

REMINDER THE TRUE VALUE OF ALL ELECTRIC CARS ARE $10,000 AND BELOW

I just want an actual to god EV godmachine, that's all I want. Futuristic styling, instantaneous acceleration, insane top speed. The i8 looks the part, except it's a fucking Prius with a body kit.