What is the best form of transportation in a dense city and why is it cycling?

What is the best form of transportation in a dense city and why is it cycling?

>what is subway

it is cycling but then again dense cities are cancer

>cycling
this is true, but your chances of dying to a soccermom not paying attention increases dramatically

takes too long, bikes are faster than cars and subways in a dense city

70% of ppl are gonna live in them soon, its inevitable we all will live near each other

this is so much frustration. You're right

jeez this board is rather progressive shit I come from /n/ btw

A motorbike is better.

$3k civic

>Takes too long
Nycfag here, have fun cycling from Brooklyn to Manhattan, and even beating the fucking subway while you're at it

Oh and btw if you live anywhere but Manhattan owning a car might not be necessary but sure as hell helps

Anyway, obvious b8, but go fellate cyclists elsewhere

>what is the bus

>living in Brooklyn
>working in Manhattan

Ya blew it kid. Unless you are a (((Yid))) or a pretend hipster that actually has to work a real job, you should be living in Manhattan.

But you are partially right. Bikes in NYC are for couriers.

We have some reddit tier SJW mods that get triggered whenever Trump is posted, but it’s pretty much /pol/ lite with the exception of a few thin skinned niggers, nigger lovers, and Europeans.

Cycling isn’t a “left/right” thing. It’s only a left (progressive) thing when bike lanes or paths are instituted under false pretenses to simply confound and fuck up automobile traffic patterns and volume. Cycling in itself is an individual self improvement practice that is embraced by many on the right, but simply overlooked as there are better ways to work out as well as transport yourself.

when traffic is saturated, e.g. cars are stuck in the same block for more than one traffic light cycle, it's easy to see that walking and cycling are faster.

dense city - soccermom driving ?
so soccermom and kids leave apartment and go to street where their Galactic-sized SUV is somehow legally parked, then they drive five blocks to a public park, and circle the park for an hour waiting for a free parking spot, or else paying at the closest private parking lot. then for the drive home, which takes as much time as walking, then also have to circle their block for ten minutes, twenty minutes, an hour, waiting for someone else to pull out of a parking spot so they can park near their apartment.

this is what new city dwellers do until they figure out it's quicker to walk than do anything with a car during the day. an exception might be if you live in a building and have a reserved parking spot, and you regularly drive to someplace else where you know you can park

BUT my SUV/minivan has 100kg of sports equipment and clothing my kids might need, and what about my weekly $300 grocery shopping ? re-figure your life bitches! make more frequent smaller shopping trips on foot. Learn how to get by bringing only stuff you can carry.

Until you clog up the streets with cyclists and it looks like a Jakarta at lunch time

>Until you clog up the streets with cyclists and it looks like a Jakarta at lunch time
You think Jakarta would be less crowded if those cyclists and zillion Honda Cub riders were in a new Shiny Toyota or Mitsubishi ?

I've bicycled in Athens, Boston, The City (London), NYC, Paris, San Francisco, Tokyo, and I lived to tell my story. Jakarta scares me, seriously, and my employer requires me to use their private car service because of kidnapping and theft.

Cycling is pretty great, provided you have the infrastructure and education to accomodate it.

Lycrafags who think they're above the law are fucking scum though.

bike is for getting rid of knees water food and time
also chokeing on polltion and getting fucked up in a crash

motorcycle is better as hills and wind are a thing
and pretty much any car is better than a cabin motorcycle or panniers

train and buss only work when at maxium capacity
pritty much have to outlaw cars b4 public transport sees over 50% load
and city planers are too dumb to make anything to work

cycle cars and city cars are dead now
no one will put up with small or slow cars

No joke, I almost hit a cyclist because he literally never stopped at any intersection, or even slowed down at a yellow.

I turn left, the cyclist turns left right next to my car. Then I turn right, and that stupid faggot is right next to my car turning right as well. It's not like the sidewalks were congested so that stupid faggot could have moved there.

The worse part is if you hit those faggots you get the fault. no matter what. Even if they're being stupid.

Part of me wanted to hit and run that stupid sandnigger.

I was working nightshift down town and leaving at 6 am. One morning I drove over a cyclist and never stop. Never heard anything of it and it's been few years. Am I safe now?

Moped lads

Those are a fucking joke.
I'm regularly overtake them on my fucking crappy mountainbike because they're that slow.
Also, slow and puking out that disgusting, stinking blue smoke all the fucking time.

Either get a real bike or ride a bicycle.

Any real motoring enthusiast wouldn't live in a city.
Anyone who cycles to work isn't a motoring enthusiast.

Why did you make this thread?

>cycling

>Mr. Noseberg

>Cycling in itself is an individual self improvement practice that is embraced by many on the right
Horse shit. Try riding in the South; every time a faggot in a brotruck passes you he'll roll coal on you.

This. Suburbs is objectively better to live in as a motor enthusiaist. The closer I drive to a big city the worse the drivers are

Cycling is nice if you live in VERY temperate climate, are fit (or at least healthy) and your urban environment is well planned and not spread like diarrhea across thousands of square miles. In all other cases mass transit is superior. And yes, cycling can keep healthy people from becoming unhealthy, but it can't make people with chronic illnesses like motor impairments healthy again.

Moped or small cc motorcycle. Has all the perks of a bike, but you're not a raging faggot.

I feel no shame kicking up a fuckton of dust when cyclists are rolling up to pass our driveway going 15mph in a 55 with no shoulders.

I'd rather not shill out extra money to live in the city when I can spend somewhat less to live in the other boroughs Tee Bee Ach