/hg/ - Halo General

Post Tournament Vacation Edition

>The Halo Wars 2 Icons of War DLC pack is available now for $9.99 or as a free download for season pass owners
- two new leaders, Commander Jerome and The Arbiter, each with their own unique playstyles, units, and abilities
- New blitz cards available exclusively to Jerome and Arbiter
- six achievements for 60 gamerscore

- - - NEWS - - -
Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare expansion announced for Fall this year
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/introducing-halo-wars-2-awakening-the-nightmare

The Complete Oral History of Halo waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history

Installation 01 Cinematic Trailer
youtu.be/RfE9Q3I3Q_g

- - - Thread References - - -
Current Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/tank-drops-travel-plans

Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

Important Halo Links and Notes (under reconstruction)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

Previous Thread

>this is actually really fun
3-3 damn

We FUCKING TIED now boi

>accidentally bought 49 gold packs for warzone
>it isn't happening

When blue team wins we're goin' to Disney world!

>join
>red team starts losing
Made me think

>red team forfeits final round

FORFEITERS

>Red team after Blue team caught up

>
>Red
You mean blue? Its all dog and brits

Shit thread pic. You should be ashamed OP.

Warzone won't work. It was a mistake on my part. The most we can do is like 4 v 4 or something.

We have 2 options:

1. Call it a draw FOW NOW
2. Agree on something else

Draw

I wanna PLAY FIESTA

Big Team Slayer

Draw for now

Call it a draw, but mostly because I missed half the shit

Whoops.

Nice try kiddo

You wouldn't even let me post for real you SHIT ROOOOO->

Hold the fuck up.

Best Bois

It has to be red blue

its just gotta

>pick swat and a map that's red-colored
>whine when blue changes to a warm color to blend in, too
Convenient.

Then pick a map that has neutral colors.

>colors
>whine

checks out

>bitching about color advantage in a tournament that has basketball and grifball

What tournament?

That was good

Can you make the score to 100

GG?

Post yfw you aren't Red team

>Red
>Blue
>Orange
So whens the final game between the two teams?

>complain about color advantage
>delay the game for over an hour about it
>choose the one that actually, factually blends in
>only win by one despite your blatant advantage

So there's no debate over which team is superior, yeah?

>red losses
>blue losses
WE win

>red team has four losses
makes me think

Your team complained about fucking sun glare.

Blue team are the real winners because they lost the fewest amount of times

It was a good game

>blue team resorts to weaponised autism
well that really soured the whole night

>tfw your red team

My face when not red team

>50 kills on 8v8 on 4v4 map
>surprised it's close

IT'S NOT FAIR
WE DITCHED PIZZA
WE SHOULD'VE WON

And we didn't throw a shitfit and waste an hour and a half of your life until you changed the settings to fuck yourselves over.

I cannot fathom how triggered *some people* got about a color.

>tfw red team
But we lost?

At least half an hour was spent on red team trying to pick something after warzone failed, then rejecting swat.

>change to a closer team color so that color advantage doesn't play a part
>Red team spergs out
It's almost as if they were aiming for the advantage

A man can only do so much!

>tfw red team

Why were you guys too stupid to get warzone working?

8 player limit, but nobody listened apparently but hey ho diddly do

by that logic orange team wins

Warzone only supports 8 players because Forge only supports 8 players. We have to do it through the Forge lobby.

See, I call bullshit because it took 50 straight minutes for droid to suggest we just go blue. If you actually were worried about a perceived advantage, you'd have told us to do that earlier instead of trying to choose the color that actually blends into the wall to counteract the color that only kinda sorta blends into the wall. If you gave a shit about balance, that game would've started long, long before.

it works with 16 players my dude

h u h

We are Ignite Module Blue Team thank you very much

it took like 30 minutes for warzone to not work, then like 20 minutes of deciding on a gamemode, then the rest however long was color autism.

Worth it desu, pizza got assmad in process.

>how petty can you get
really sums this up

Final rundown of wins

>droid
h u h

wow why even have 100 options for a clan?

well shit i don't know user

Shut up pizza, stop trying to be a part of the tournament when you didn't even show up

Why you guys using the forge lobby for warzone? It works in customs now.

>didn't pick mercy until the last ten minutes, and then it was ten minutes of that argument
Makes me history revisionist.

>blue team stacked with best players
>still bitches about colors
nofunallowed.jpg

Even if I was pizza, he didn't go full WAAAHHH I CAN'T SEE THE OTHERS SWAP THE COLOURS!

stacked how? who were the power players?

Do any of yall niggas play Halo CE on PC?

No.

>canned pizza response of "H U H"
>shitting on droid
>pizza's favorite shit reaction image image
Take your sausage links and show up on time next time

>says he isn't pizza
>hides discord account so we can't tell
Things that make you go hmmmmm

I do, if people ever wanted to play some Custom Editon I'd be down

How do you feel about Halo 4, (roughly) five years later?

I feel like playing it on Backwards Compat

Here are my thoughts.
I was overall very pleased with the way things turned out. The fact that it was 3-3 going into what was supposed to be warzone I honestly disn't expect, nor did anyone I talked to that was willing to predict. Going forward, there are definitely some balance issues that we can work out, but for now I can only congratulate blue team on their hard fought victory.

I'll just say that what happened in the end there was a real shame. I think with things being so close people got really into it, understandably, and I think there was a lot of unnecessary aggression and shenanigans on both teams, and while I understand the arguments made by both, I personally accept the blame. I should have done my homework on the custom game Warzone match and how it works and I was clearly unprepared, so I'm sorry for that. I do think it's unfortunate that it left the night with a bit of a sour taste in what was otherwise going rather well. Still though, it came down to literally one kill and that's pretty awesome. It literally couldn't have gotten any closer. If we went back and played that last match again, the result could have been different. But we can't go back, so the results sticks.

Going forward, we definitely will have to address the balance of things. Originally I had planned to keep most players on the same teams and only make slight changes, but after hearing a lot of feedback, maybe it's better to make more drastic changes after every time we do this so we don't get too obsessed with our team nationality and circlejerk mentality. Or maybe only slight changes do need to be made. This is something that can be discussed later on. I also am going to take a look at the game clips to ensure that the reason given for a major teammate switch after game 4 checks out, although as of now I have no reason to suspect lying.

Lastly, anyone that got kicked by me, it wasn't personal. You all got invites and once the lobby was full I had to keep things the same.

Thanks for doing this, Red.
It was actually a lot more fun than I thought.

The tournament was fun. FUN.

>blue team under federal investigation for potential lying
Oh shit. The plot thickens.

Lets... not make this into a meme. Ok?
Like I said I really don't expect to find anything. Why would they lie when they knew I could just check the footage from the games from start to finish?
Innocent until proven guilty. Think of this just as a formality. Plus it's a good excuse for me to get more experienced with 5's theater mode, which I have been meaning to do.

Shame such an otherwise fun series went to shit in game seven. Good games anyway.

Unfortunate, yes.
But the reason it happened was avoidable. All we need to do is make sure every game mode works before starting the tourny next time.

I'm thinking of making a montage of the tournament. Should I?

No If we did more of them maybe but with only one i dont think it would be worth it.

Yes

Do it

Lets do one more and then yes

>that shift in balance between games 4 and 5
What happened? Did Red team have a collective stroke?

I think thats when they replaced wall with dog

Someone who spent the previous games betraying and playing against his team got replaced.

>LovelyColt was switched for Punished Dog
Ideally what should have happened was Dog would have been switched for someone of roughly the same skill that wasn't betraying, since that was the reasoning for the switch, instead blue team lost a low tier player and got a high tier one.

>dog
>high tier
Red team, pls.

While I agree it shifted the balance too much, blue team was going to win that griffball game regardless. That wasn't even close.