/bbg/- Bloodborne General

Great One Edition

Aborted by the Moon Presence >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Stake Driver

please rate my future character

1 less in end 1 more in skl.

>Head: naked
slut

I actually need a hat, hate characters without a good hat.

goddamn going to NG+ to buy chalice mats is easier than farming itself.

PURGE FILTH

Better late than never

Does bl 98 get any co op invasions at all anymore? Is it just for the fc meme

Why is Burial Blade the most SSS+ Stylish weapon?

I'm almost 100% sure that the winter lantern, in lore, comes from the enlarged head patients in the church laboratory.

both the choir and the school of mensis are derived from the church, the laboratory seems to be a time before the schism between the two occurred. the engorged head patients being early attempts to put "eyes on the inside". one group wanted to create celestial emissaries, one group got obsessed with "eyes on the inside" and left us with winter lanterns.

L3 great pthumeru ihyll if anyone would like to help PW is bbg123

Because it looks like a Warscythe and not some edgelords reaper fetishization

There's no reason to be 98 outside of the FC meme

Wewlads i fucked it up again. Go me.

Don't worry about it user, it happens.

Yharnam ded. Thanks now I can get that sweet burial blade

Dead

why is it so hard to find low level coopers

How low level are you talking?

Fucking amy can eat the fattest part of my ass.

First time going through the chalices, just finished ailing loran about to do defiled, do I need to get every single root chalice if I wanted to go spelunking in every glyph, including FRC?

Can't find a Beckoner for Cleric Beast/Gascoigne at Level 15.

No, just having the Root Chalice is enough. What you do need to do however, is create your own Root Chalice with all three offerings. Doing so will allow you search all Root Dungeon FRC glyphs.

Thanks user

I really appreciate the help sophie and yuria but holy shit do I need to take a break.
So far I absolutely loathe this character and I don't see myself putting any effort whatsoever into korean farming for it.
All I wanna do is go back to my str character.

No problem. It's easier to just wait until you've finished all the story Chalices Dungeons (Pthumeru -> Central Pthumeru -> Lower Pthumeru -> Ailing Loran -> Cursed and Defiled -> Lower Loran -> Isz Gravestone -> Pthumeru Iyhll

Doing all these will net you enough Offerings to make a single FRC Dungeon. I recommend either doing any of the three endgame Chalices (Loran/Isz/Ihyll), once you create your own FRC Dungeon every Dungeon is open to you as long as you have the Root Chalice.

For whatever reason, people don't tend to make new playthroughs during night. You'll get more Gascoigne activity in the morning. In the dead of night you're more likely to get people at Bloodstarved or Amelia.

t. someone who spends a lot of time idling for low level co op

Yeah, arcane builds are a fucking hassle.

No worries. It's pretty easy to get a budget nourishing setup for wheel/HMS without going full Korean, so you've got that at least. ARC takes a while to come online, and if you don't like the weapons then it's not likely to get much better.

I fucking love the wheel but the hmls is doing nothing for me. But, wheel works just fine on a str build. So unless Kos parasite turns out to be fucking amazing, I'm just farming conversion gems over heavy abyssals.
Seems a waste of time and a lot of frustration for one weapon, even if kos parasite turns out to be my favorite weapon ever.

Man, I wish the lighting in Central Yharnam after you kill Gascoigne was permanent, I love how it looks

Anyone need help anywhere?

Uncanny or Lost for Bloodletter, Rakuyo, & Bowblade?

They might have used up all their insight on a boss

Well, this happened.

Lost chikage, normal bloodletter for typical 50 bacon lettece tomato build

Ringing bbg at Rom, come and join
BL40

Ringing

Lamp or fog? Ringing.

Does srrc only allow you to coop in story chalices? I know stupid question but I want to keep a dead thread alive

It allows you to coop anywhere as long as you have the chalice, including FRC root chalices.

SRRC allows you to coop in any Chalice you are capable of creating yourself. I've SRRC'd into random FRC Chalices before, and using a password will only match you through SRRC with the matching password. However password SRRC leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks, I wasn't doing much damage on this build

Is there any point in doing Hintertomb Chalices?

Is there any point in doing anything?

>answering a question with another question

>using greentext to respond to a question without answering it

ALRIGHT YOU WON JESUS CHRIST

I'm having difficulty justifying the (substantially) longer farm time on the latter setup.

My soul hurts.

Explain to me the dress then. Why it had doll dress?

*breaks out of wooden coffin*

How hard is a bloodtinge build in the beginning? Pump points into bloodtinge and minimal points into skill?

Not really hard if you just mainly focus on Vit and upgrading a Saw while popping Pellets & Papers.

Does anyone wanna farm watchers? Glyph is pwmf22gu and pass bbg123

I see a few different lines of thought.

-So, the Nightmare is a reflection of the world, but also its own place.

-Nightmare of Mensis, for example, is a reflection/ memory of a place that actually existed (The College of Mensis).

-The chimera that roam there don't exist outside the Nightmare. This is because either a., they were created in Mensis in the waking (real) world, and are so reflected, or, remembered, in the Nightmare of Mensis; or b., they are nightmare reflections of real creatures; or maybe even c., they were created by Micolash in the NoM and never existed in the waking world.

-The Hunter's Nightmare is by the same token a reflection/memory of Yharnam and a lost fishing hamlet.
-Maria, who no longer exists in the waking world, is preserved in ToH, and is shown to have presided over, if not actually participated in, the experiments being done on the patients from the hamlet, as well as the desecration of Kos' corpse

-We know that Gehrman created The Doll in Maria's image

-Maria was not born a hunter, and it's my supposition that The Doll's garb is something Maria herself wore before becoming a hunter, perhaps what she was wearing when she first met Gehrman (although if it is just something Gehrman decided would look nice on The Doll it doesn't kill my theory outright)

-My guess is that Gehrman took what they learned from the experiments on the hamlet patients, and applied to his own goal of somehow reuniting himself with Maria, or the best likeness he could make of her

-It's through this that he created the Winter Lanterns by accident

>comment too long

Are you still there? I'm up for it. My Fuhrer needs Adepts.

2/2

-Or, considering that The Nightmare may just be a nightmare reflection of the waking world, that Winter Lanterns only exist in The Nightmare, the Winter Lantern's resemblance to Maria and the hamlet patients, perhaps they are a kind of chastisement of Maria for her role in it all, or simply a reflection, creation, personification of her own guilt; a cruel glimpse of herself before she became a hunter, if The Doll's garb was indeed something she once wore

Playing Arcane fosters bad habits. I've been doing bosses in one shot thanks to Flamesprayer, Executioner Gloves, and A Call Beyond but then I got to fucking Logarius. Everything I have just tickles him. Ended up having to relearn how to parry which I haven't done since Gascoigne. I think I used up more than 100 vials throwing myself at him over and over. No PS+ is suffering.

Meant to add:

Also, I think Gehrman ultimately succeeded in creating The Doll by moving away from human hosts. I think maybe he started using the same mannequins that we see Micolash controlling in NoM.

No PS+ as an Arc build is suffering if you're gonna go for the best gems. If you are, I hope you have a USB to savescum materials before making root dungeons and bosses.

Yes ringing

You filled up?

Well that's interesting. Thanks for that.

1 spot open

Coming Hitler ?

Not now. I'm going to check another chalice for adepts. Apparently the ones the watchers drop here is rare as shit.

Oh ok good luck

Anyone up for a coop/pvp/spelunk?

to help someone in a chalice, do you have to make that ritual and go all the way to that floor?

It's quicker to get summoned into than SRRC but if it's too much of a hassle then just SRRC in. If you're farming gems with someone then it's ideal that you ring within the layer.

Ihyll FRC anyone?

Want to give me a hand on Lower Loran L2? I'd be up for a spelunk after

Story chalice? Sure what's the pass?

yeah, I'll ring with pass beast

coming through srrc

sorry user will ring again if you didn't get him just strafe to his right all, attack once and repeat
otherwise i'll ring at l3

I didn't

Thanks brah, I'll just grab the sinister root from the messengers for now.

don't want help with l3?

I can ring if you want, same pass

I'm so close, just defiled and Ihyll left. But for now it's too late, thanks for your help!

Going to get some sleep ty for the company charlotte

no problem, it's ok have a rest huntah

Anyone up for a quick coop? I don't think I have time for a whole chalice spelunj but will take whatever.

You're waifu a shit

Goodnight.

Quick, anons. I've went through most of the regular game (at mergo's now) with 35 vit 35 skill. Still got final bosses, whole dlc, chalice dungeons and cainhurst to do. I'm hesistant to go 50 skill (though i own BoM) and want to mix it with bloodtinge or arcane instead to try new things.

What should I pick? Am I better off starting a new character than going though NG+? Levelling will be a cake, but getting the equipment won't. I'm not interested in PvP much.

I can only play the game while I'm staying at my uncle's place for vacation, so I probably won't have time to beat it 3 times and have to make these two worthwhile.

My weapons of choice were Cane (most situations), SSpear and BoM if that's relevant

Aim for 40-50 Vit, if you really like BoM or other Skill weapons then definitely aim for 50 Skill. If you don't plan on PvPing, then it doesn't really matter what else you level. Skl/Arc isn't very common since there isn't any Skl/Arc weapons (the Arc on BoM and Burial Blade is negligible). So I guess go for 50 Blt if you don't care about meta level. 15/18/20 Arc is useful for non-damaging Tools too.

Anyone pvping at mergo rn?

What if I want to cheese stuff with elemental weaknessess of from range though?

>tfw playing in dead hours only
anyone wants help or something ;_;

Hunter Tools do okay damage at 50, but if you want to get more out of them then you'll have to go 70+. Most enemies aren't resistant to Blood damage, so you can stick to 50 Blt and use Bowblade arrows instead. Most Hunter Tools only do Arcane damage, Tiny Tonitrus does Bolt but is pretty mediocre and uses lots of bullets.

hello darkness my old friend

Just woke up and I want to work on my BLT character. Up for helping me through the story chalices?

slamming people with Chicken Wing is really fun.

don't worry about it user we've all been there

O-Okay then I guess not ;_;