I just bought a silver 97 Lancer coupe in immaculate condition with relatively low miles...

I just bought a silver 97 Lancer coupe in immaculate condition with relatively low miles. I know my way around an engine but I don't know much about body work. Does anyone have any recommendations for bodykits and/or improving the overall aesthetics of the vehicle. I'd have preferred it in white but the silver isn't too bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/graceville/cars-vans-utes/mitsubishi-lancer-2-door-coupe-auto/1163845227
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just ad a basic lip kit or something and lower it on some nice wheels.

Don't turn it into a ricey evo clone or early 2000's ricer.

Thank you for the suggestion. Yeah, I'd prefer to keep the changes pretty minimal and simple

this. they can look pretty nice if done right, but don't slam it and add a fucking evo wing.

'00 4dr Lancer owner here.
Don't fucking rice out your car.

There is a factory option bodykit for these that looks good and not ricey.

any pictures?

Google

That's not it.

Are you thinking of the facelifted version?

No.

Like on this car.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/graceville/cars-vans-utes/mitsubishi-lancer-2-door-coupe-auto/1163845227

>buys lancer coupe
>wants to put a body kit on it

This has to be a meme post.... why does every single hectic cunt in his shitty old lancer coupe rice it out with wings, body kits, fart cannons, bob jane racing wheels, momo steering wheel and shift knob.
EVERY SINGLE ONE!

It's a bloody single cam for fucks sake, it's slower than a Hyundai....

They're honestly surprisingly nippy.
Fuck all power, but they grip the road better than you'd think.

"I'd prefer to keep the changes pretty minimal and simple". I don't think they're after something hectic.

A body kit on a lancer is hectic.
It's a single cam commuter, slower than a hyundai excel, slower than a corolla, slower than a camry and yet every one I see has a full sick cannon, alloys, racing steering wheel, R A L L I A R T sticker on the windscreen etc etc

Why doesn't every hyundai have that shit?

I think there's a difference between wanting a nice looking car and trying to look like you're driving a some Tokyo Drift import. That's just me though. I did some subtle modifications to my R33, I kept them subtle because I didn't want people to think I was driving around some souped up monster. I just really like Skylines. Just different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

Skyline are actual sports cars.

I'm referring more to the aesthetics of the vehicle rather than its performance and what's under the hood. You raise a fair point though.

holy fuck those wheels

Because those lancers are reminants of the early 2000's when few lancers escaped mods.

No they aren't 90% of them are 4 door family sedans

Yeah, just add garden edging for the lip (Mighty Car Mods video how to do it), lower it, and get some Diamond Racing steelies and it'll look perfect.

Don't do this unless you want to look like a stupid p plater with no clue.

I'd consider lowering it if I lived in the city.

Keep It Stock, Stupid.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

Even if 90% of R33 Skylines were 4 door family sedans, which they most certainly are not, they're still twincam and often turbo = sports.

Stop talking about skylines in a lancer thread you dumb cunts.

Having DOHC does not make a car a sports car are you 12 years old or something? And "often turbo" doesn't mean anything.