Why do I never see any cars with this license plate...

Why do I never see any cars with this license plate? I've literally seen cars from all other 49 states on the road at some point, but never Hawaii. Are cars super expensive there or something?

Are you retarded?

What does license plate spotting have to do with being retarded? Don't tell me you never look at other plates.

>an island thousands of miles away from the continental US
>absolutely no way to get Hawaiian registered cars over, importing them is pointless
>wonders why no cars have Hawaii license plates
I know this is a bait thread but come the fuck on

Funny enough I've actually seen Puerto Rico plates in Florida before, it's not unreasonable for someone to want to bring their car off an island with them if they can afford to

That being said I've never fucking seen a Hawaii plate irl
I always thought they had the coolest plates

I've seen several Hawaii plates here. But it helps that I live in a college town in Arizona

Ive seen them here in Cali

You'll see them around military bases in CONUS.

I have seen one, in Panama.

Imported Volvo 850 from Hawaii, probably the rarest plate here.

if you live around any navy bases you'll see them more often than you'd imagine. they are deffo the rarest in the continental US tho, i see alaska plates all the time in washington

What the hell

I mean at least he had good taste

It's an old dude who imports $500 cars and flips them for $1,500.

Pretty ingenious desu, he's currently selling a bunch of beamers with NJ plates.

CO fag here.

Most common out of state plates are probably wyoming, california, texas, and hawaii.

ive seen them in Philly from people that were in the military

Why would I ship a car from an island when I'm a broke ass plantation worker?

There is a large us military presence in Hawaii and people come and go year to year. They get their cars shipped to HI for free on the taxpayer's dime. When thy get orders at new places, they might keep the HI tags.

You can also register your car in your home state if you are not a permanent resident.

I've seen Hawaii plates here in California

my Mustang spent its first two years as a rental car in Hawaii, then it was auctioned off in Seattle back in 2008.

im guessing when the economy crashed the company that owned it went under or they decided purge excess inventory they didnt need. it was only 2 years old with 20k miles on it so i doubt they were rotating out old stock for the hell of it.

Maybe because if a car from Hawaii goes to the mainland, it is staying there. The owners probably register it asap.
t. Hawaii Car owner

>absolutely no way to get Hawaiian registered cars over
Wrong. Are YOU retarded?

>Are cars super expensive there or something?
Most of them are a lot more expensive than in the mainland, but no, they're still cheap enough that they're littered across the island... or rather, enough people have indebted themselves to get them. When I eventually have the money I'm leaving this fucking shithole state, and I will take my plates as a souvenir. Maybe I'll order some personalized ones, IDK. Everything is expensive here in general.
>Tfw seeing a lot of Florida/Georgia plates this year and a lot of Alaskan plates last year
I think the reasons you probably don't see them is because tons of cars here become rusty piles of shit relatively quick and can be had in much better condition, usually at better prices, in the mainland. Also most of the people I know have been had family here for generations and enjoy living in a hot, humid hell while local government fucks them in the ass.

I only seen 1 here in Florida and it was a dodge challenger.