/ovg/ - Butthurt Toad edotion

Welcome to Veeky Forums Vidya General, the last safe place to discuss racing vidya and vidya including cars without blatant fanboyism, moderation, intimidation, and shilling!

Previous Thread: And the dilapidated one made by retards: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES unless you're a dumb American in which case you're not gonna read it, instead you're gonna go on Mumble and ask questions that are already answered there and everyone's gonna think you're a fucking moron, but you don't care, you're gonna post your dumb question in the thread and because this community is full of full blown, braindead morons, you're gonna get spoonfed and never learn anything and everyone will hate you:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discord link:
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing GT Sport, Forza 7 and other games on the Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=536213780

Other urls found in this thread:

get-good.net
discord.gg/hXmJrJr
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=536213780
vocaroo.com/i/s1BftIsg2Ltx
vocaroo.com/i/s0jDtRKayQfl
vocaroo.com/i/s0DXE3QMOTxj
files.catbox.moe/m1uuv3.webm
store.steampowered.com/app/378860/Project_CARS_2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

v0.02

2nd for RR3

Welcome to Veeky Forums Vidya General, the last safe place to discuss racing vidya and vidya including cars without blatant fanboyism, moderation, intimidation, and shilling!

Previous Thread: →
And the dilapidated one made by retards: →

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES unless you're a dumb American in which case you're not gonna read it, instead you're gonna go on Mumble and ask questions that are already answered there and everyone's gonna think you're a fucking moron, but you don't care, you're gonna post your dumb question in the thread and because this community is full of full blown, braindead morons, you're gonna get spoonfed and never learn anything and everyone will hate you:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Discord link:
>discord.gg/hXmJrJr

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing GT Sport, Forza 7 and other games on the Weekends! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=536213780

i wish i could make tracks for a real racing game instead of Rust v0.02

is this too cartoonishly aggressively banked side to side? are these turns too tight? i dont even wanna begin on off-track geometry or on-track detailing until this like 2 meters or w/e of road is absolutely perfect and sets a standard of what is acceptable for the rest of it

please note that the part in obvious gray/orange dev textures will probably have a grippy natural sufrace later, like gravel or tamped dirt. the pressed concrete and poured concrete will remain level accross their widths wherever that material is used and only be not level to change elevation, unlike the dev textured bit thats all waverly

>discord not only brings SRD drama here, but they support the autists

what is that screenshot and what is SRD?

nth for GT5 is the best GT game

whoops. I fucked that up. All that time in rust v0.02 was a mistake

>drama in the OP
Do a flip

vocaroo.com/i/s1BftIsg2Ltx

>Old autistic men don't like when other people post their stuff
James gets involved and everything goes to shit
>Reddit mod is angry for multiple years, still angry to this day, will never not be angry
>no one wins

The only people who care about SRD are the mumblefags that cant even work on a real game and have to settle with rust v0.02

xD

Rust v0.02 > GTR 3, because Rust actually exists.

>i wish i could make tracks for a real racing game instead of Rust v0.02
>is this too cartoonishly aggressively banked side to side? are these turns too tight? i dont even wanna begin on off-track geometry or on-track detailing until this like 2 meters or w/e of road is absolutely perfect and sets a standard of what is acceptable for the rest of it
>please note that the part in obvious gray/orange dev textures will probably have a grippy natural sufrace later, like gravel or tamped dirt. the pressed concrete and poured concrete will remain level accross their widths wherever that material is used and only be not level to change elevation, unlike the dev textured bit thats all waverly
i wish i could make tracks for a real racing game instead of Rust v0.02

is this too cartoonishly aggressively banked side to side? are these turns too tight? i dont even wanna begin on off-track geometry or on-track detailing until this like 2 meters or w/e of road is absolutely perfect and sets a standard of what is acceptable for the rest of it

please note that the part in obvious gray/orange dev textures will probably have a grippy natural sufrace later, like gravel or tamped dirt. the pressed concrete and poured concrete will remain level accross their widths wherever that material is used and only be not level to change elevation, unlike the dev textured bit thats all waverly

Ranek btfo

i just wanted to say that we all had fun race on poznań, all four of us who finished

i'll wait two weeks or so and figure out next casual little sunday series if no one else will

Do it in rF1 or similar

Sorry I missed that, forgot what time it stated from last week and ended up in the pub drinking instead.

>outside chat services killing a general
it happens every time

i wish i could make discord servers for a real racing community instead of ovg v0.02

is this too cartoonishly aggressively memed channel to channel? are these bans too spicy? i dont even wanna begin on hidden channels or on-server circlejerking until this like 2 sections or w/e of the server is absolutely perfect and sets a standard of what is acceptable for the rest of it

please note that the part in obvious gray/white dev theme will probably have a spooky natural feel later, like a skeleton or a ghost. the pressed privileges and poured roles will remain level accross their widths wherever that person is used and only be not level to change memeposting, unlike the all grey theme bit thats all waverly

>normies
>in my /ovg/

Nah, I'm just an alchie bong mate.

ARCA webms when?

Probably tomorrow

Can you upload .svg yet on GTSport?

i wish i could make liveries for a real racing game instead of Rust v0.02

is this too cartoonish

please note that

Why the fuck there was no /ovg/ a few days ago?

Shadow Government on vacation

we tried something else
was far better than this rust posting shitshow

I bet the fucking discord did this. Just look at it.

it was there but someone forgot to put /ovg/ in the title so it was just "meme edition".

Do you not know how to use the Catalog?

just for reference, anybody talking about that dumb source engine gif, positively or negatively is probably the same guy who posted it in the first place
t. guy who dealt with this faggot in a different general

>guy who originally posted it and the associated copypasta literally said it's unfinished and he wants to figure out whats good banking/turning before making a real attempt

>people shit on him for it looking bad and unfinished

v nice

>source faggot posts in the thread
>someone replies to him
>number of posters stays the same
vocaroo.com/i/s0jDtRKayQfl

What happened to cosmo

im telling you man, the discord is doing this

Is there anyone on pcars2 here who can tell me if you see smoke coming out of the outside front tire when taking long turns, followed by a quite massive drop in front grip.
It only happens on GTs and protos, I think it's the game telling me I have severe understeer (which I could tell anyway by looking at the steering wheel), but it doesn't happen on formula cars and the grip drop is nowhere near this high.

I don't really understand what the problem is, also it only happens when the tires get up to temperature which is weird, because I end up being more precise with cold tires than I am with hot tires.

>they still didnt fix that bug
im really REALLY surprised

It'll happen any time there is significant tire scrub. It's not always a precise indicator of understeer or loss of grip as it sometimes seems to happen when you're driving near the edge of your grip as well as beyond the edge.

I miss Cosmo
vocaroo.com/i/s0DXE3QMOTxj

What did he mean by this?

I just don't understand why it happens with GTs and not with formulas, even with comparatively severe understeer.

If it was just a graphic think I wouldn't care, but there is a big and somewhat sudden loss of grip as soon as you hear the tires screeching and the smoke that follows. And it only happens on hot tires.

I don't know if I'm just being bad at driving or if the game is acting funky

You using stock setups? I'm sure if you have some wicked camber it'd probably be worse, but who knows. The whole tire smoke system is pretty vague, but if it's corresponding with actual performance loss then I'd say the setup needs a tweak

A couple of questions
1.Are there different ways to set uo cars? I used a tune generator to get something to compare my tune to. the tune generator spat out soft ARBs and stiff springs whereas i stayed with the stiff ARBs and soft spring settings thar came with the car while tweaking to suit my preference. It also uses much higer rebound damping than stock with slightly lower bump
both cars run similar times with mine being a little faster after some post-generated tune tweaking of the diff and tyre pressures. Mine felt nice and loose but still planted while the other was tight yet responsive
So can you achieve the same result in different ways or is there one best way to set up a car?

2. Why did the girl at burger king stare deeply into my eyes in the drive-thru? I just said "afternoon" and "thank you". Did i do something wrong?

>So can you achieve the same result in different ways or is there one best way to set up a car?
>tweaking to suit my preference

repost pleaseeeee

nice

>this thread

Can we just talk about auto vidya
/ovgt3/ when, h-haha?

so is it down to making the car fast or making the car comfortable

MIKEY

>/ovgt3/

files.catbox.moe/m1uuv3.webm

>OVGR3: 3 drivers
>OVG86: 4 drivers
>Forza: 9 drivers
>ARCA: 13 drivers

ovg is kill.

aspirations grinds for meaningless wins against a handful of people who can't race and don't care to practice. the thread is boring because all of the interesting trips left and the remaining users have nothing to contribute.

>alphonse is not only an /ovg/ shitposter
>but also a tranny

K E K
E
K

CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

soon......

You tune it to feel safe, and then it's also fast for you. Generally speaking, when you set it up in a way that makes you feel good, it's good. Someone else could take advantage of different set up but since you can't do it right now, you won't benefit from it.

Just practice a lot, you'll prrobably start setting up cars differently when you get good enough. I have no idea what "tune generator" is, but you should probably drop it and do everything yourself, mistakes will be corrected with time.

No I use my own setup, it certainly needs some tweaking, but nothing major.
I can still be consistent and clock some not-horrible times considering my hardware limitations (joypad), but I know there is still a lot to be gained if I were able to drive a bit more aggressively, and this problem forces me to go slower than I wanted because the front just gives up.

And it's especially frustrating because on cold tires this problem simply doesn't exist and I can keep some lines and run over some curbs that I wouldn't be able to with hot tires.

Tonight I was lapping Imola with a friend, on cold tires I can do the first sector between 4 and 6 tenths of a second faster than on hot tires. The lack of grip then fucks me up in other sections, but it's still very frustrating to see that I can shave so much time and then not being able to do it when the tires are supposedly at their peak performance, even more so if I then jump into a formula car and the problem stops existing (and it's not like understeer can't be a problem there).

Like I said, I don't understand if it's a game problem or a git gud problem.

I'm not alphonse
>The highest turnout was in turnleft
>an rF1 game
Hmmm. Maybe this means something...

Next week's Specialty Dealer cars in Fort-ziia 7:
-Subaru Legacy B5 2.0 GT
-TVR Sagaris
-Ferrari 458 Italia

Hm. Maybe change your front tire pressures if it's a change from cold to hot. If they're overheating you will lose grip, but it's possible your tire pressure isn't tuned to be optimal when the tires are warm

>Maybe this means something...

this means we should run this rf1 mod

store.steampowered.com/app/378860/Project_CARS_2/

>Project Cars 2
Such a bad sequel. You know what's a good sequel? GTR2

>tojo (female), furry edition

but gtr2 is the first one

lmao what kind of retarded answer is this

lmao get the fuck outta here kid

>All GT3s can be brought down to S Class with drag tires
Now i can truly experience /ovg/

Have fun pitting every 3 laps to replace tires that can't even bite in the corners while you aren't any faster than a properly set up road car in the straights

to be fair he should've at least finished his prototype instead of asking for critique on maybe an hour's worth of brushwork. he didn't even use displacements for the bumpy shit, needlessly adding more brushes than he should've.

>pitting
wrong lobby

What is the required tune for the crown vic called?

its called 4rotor engine swap and all engine upgrades and nothing else

the maserati can be S class without drag tires. none of the forza GT cars seem competitive anyway

>tfw finally got within top 10 overall on Bryggen 2 reverse in Driveclub with the BAC Mono
feels good man

Noice

Name a better game

If you aren't worried about pitting you clearly aren't playing Forza with /ovg/.

GTR2

>over a month with no patch

Congratulations to the /ovgRAGS/ top 3.

Another league, another championship where barney screwed up again.
Just like old times.

>Needing to fix perfection

This desu. Even James is not slamming on it anymore, so you know they did well.

>the entirety of ovg, bar aspirations, BTFO by an irish kid playing at 20 FPS
the STATE of /ovg/

>the entirety of ovg
all those 5 people got utterly BTFO
how will they ever recover?

If you're inactive in a Saturday series you're as bad as /ogc/

>this is coming in the mail this week
Pumped desu sempai

>shokuto battle next gen never

The next rally2k?

no because kaido battle 2 has real sim value it taught me about benchraces

Objectively, the game is nowhere near as "busted" as people are making it out to be.

A large part of the reported online problems are because guys are trying to host massive online lobbies with shitty Wal-Mart connections.

We had the same problem when SJ tried to host OVGT3 and it's what made us rent a dedicated server two races into the season. Have you ever been in a Grid 2 online race with lagging Russians that spam shit over voice chat? Those people bought pCars 2.

The other problem with online is that 95% of sim racers suck. This is not a pCars 2 problem. Go watch the SimPit 1967 Ferrari league streams. Those are people who practiced all week for an event and know there's a safety rating, and they still wreck 4 times per lap. pCars 2 is just red-pilling normies on how shit the community is at these games, and they don't know how to assign blame correctly.

For a game with such a e-sports focus don't you think it's pretty retarded for games to be hosted on P2P then?

eSports in sim racing is a buzzword. Honestly just use the dedicated server tool and treat it like rFactor 2 with more content.

I've seen a guy whine that the oval spec variant of the IndyCar pulls to the left on straights and he can't handle it with an xbox pad.

Um, yes. That's how oval track cars work. The geometry and alignment is asymmetrical. They're designed to turn left and nothing else.

But of course, people don't read the thread, they just see one guy commenting that the IndyCar is broken and jump on the bandwagon that SMS are idiots.

So you start to wonder what else in the game this may apply to.

Spoiler: It's a lot.

I'm too busy on Saturdays doing normie shit

I was being ironic you paid shill. Im sure ian will fistfuck you if you talk shit about him or the game.

don't you think that pc2 would be a better online game if they treated it like GT sport or iRacing?
Personally i haven't bought into pc2 because it lacks online features that distincts it from any other generic sim.

>don't you think that pc2 would be a better online game if they treated it like GT sport or iRacing?

The sim community isn't good enough for online racing of any sort to work. Doesn't matter if it's structured or not.

not really my experience at least with iRacing. Even with the 1500 iRating shitters in the global cup mx5 people still race clean.