Any thoughts regarding Snapchat IPO?

Any thoughts regarding Snapchat IPO?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7jzMN9x778
emarketer.com/Article/Snapchat-Ad-Revenues-Reach-Nearly-1-Billion-Next-Year/1014437
quora.com/Now-that-weve-seen-Snapchats-IPO-filing-S1-is-it-a-good-investment/answer/Parsa-Saljoughian?srid=hrCON
cnbc.com/2017/02/22/snap-ipo-ceo-blames-slowing-growth-on-cheap-phones.html
techcrunch.com/2017/02/02/snap-s1-numbers/
businessinsider.com/snapchat-blames-slower-user-growth-on-technical-issues-product-updates-2017-2
forbes.com/sites/kathleenchaykowski/2017/01/05/former-snapchat-employee-alleges-company-inflated-growth-metrics/#1518d2cd46eb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the next Twitter

Or Tumblr.

Snapchat is grossly overvalued. Getting clear face information is godsend for a lot of companies, however. Hence all the desperation to copy them over at Facebook.

Tumblr has a stock?

Kek

No, but Tumblr was similarly overvalued, even when things calmed down and they got a 1B buyout from Yahoo.

Just having users and traffic doesn't mean you can generate revenue. Snapchat revenue is well below their valuation. They suffer from gross over-speculation from chump investors who don't understand that not all data and content generators are actually valuable.

What's Snapchat's P/E?

Everyone who says Snapchat is the next twitter is just pulling that out of their ass. You look at the facts and Snapchat is actually a very promising ad platform and their revenue is growing like mad. You all act like nobody remembers the dot com bubble, the greatest minds on wallstreet of course know that profitability is the most important factor in valuing a company, and with Snapchat, it has a clear road to becoming profitable in the future and when that happens, its stock is going to explode straight to the moon. Of course it's risky, no guts no glory, faggot. This video has pretty good info, and it's made by a fellow Veeky Forumsnessman:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7jzMN9x778

Do you have some numbers?

the stock doesn't have any voting rights, which is reason enough to stay the fuck away. 20 or 30 years ago, there wasn't an exchange in america that would list a company that tried to pull that shit - now, the exchanges are so thirsty to suck on a """"unicorn"""" cock that they will look past that kind of bullshit.

it's just another technology/media fad that will slowly disappear because new media ad budgets just leap from one new thing to the next.

shady ipos are a good signal of a top.

Facebook basically did the same thing back in 2012 (keeping control with Zucki and friends) and it (the stock) paid off big time.

What kind of numbers?

The repetitive kind
Check em.

he seems like a huge faggot

When you say "look at the facts", "snap looks very promising". What are the facts that you're looking at?

From 2015 to 2016, just one year, they had an increase of revenue over 500%. Look at the revenue projection from emarketer (which are actually in line with Snap's own personal projections from leaked documents) and you have 1.7 billion in revenue in 2018, more than 400% from 2016.

emarketer.com/Article/Snapchat-Ad-Revenues-Reach-Nearly-1-Billion-Next-Year/1014437

The millennial demographic is highly valued by advertisers, they don't watch tv, but 70% of millennials use snapchat. The number of daily users on snapchat is only going to grow from now, even with competition from instagram they are still meeting DAU projections. All the competition from big companies shows that snapchat is doing something right, and has something truly valuable. They are keeping a lot of the private data they collect close to their chest, so they have a lot of room to grow when it comes to ads and ad targeting.

So if you take in the account that all that is already known makes its way into the initial evaluation which is around 20 billion, do you think Snapchat as to chance to become 100 billion dollars company?

Currently operating at a loss. Optimistic forward P/E would still be very high double digits if not triple. I'll probably short them shortly after their IPO; I see them crashing by 30-40% within the first months

FB has (always had) much more networking effect potential than Snap

snepchut is top investment

One last trip on the gravy train to pay off the investors

Their entire business is built on absolutely nothing, even Spectacles provide a tiny portion of their revenue

FB crashed 50% percent opening day, it took 6 months for the price to get to the original bid

Speaking of snapchat being a bloated piece of shit for tweens

Can I downgrade back to when they didn't spam me with bullshit about celebrities?

I wish. No one in my country even cares about the shit they put up. It's a failed attempt and easily replaceable.

Nobody cares for/likes it

It's going to be the reason a new snapchat emerges

I'm sure there's copy cats but I'm surprised one hasnt really taken off yet... Snapchat has fuckall product that cant be recreated without the disgusting myspace tier design

>even with competition from instagram they are still meeting DAU projections
But they aren't though. If trends persist, their DAU will actually shrink in Q1 2017. Additionally, they lost over $500 million in 2016, which is far more than they lost in 2015. Furthermore, when you take into consideration that they were doing fuck all to monetize their product in 2015 a 6X INCREASE IN REVENUE isn't really that impressive.

>Furthermore, when you take into consideration that they were doing fuck all to monetize their product in 2015 a 6X INCREASE IN REVENUE isn't really that impressive.

Yeah this is pretty obvious. I doubt most of the market will care/understand that though. They just see a familiar popular brand and their dicks get hard.

>app for tweens to share nudes
>literally investing in CP

How is Veeky Forums not all over this?

>But they aren't though.
Do some google searches before you embarrass yourself. There was a predicted 31.6% increase in user growth from 2015 to 2016, Snapchat is outperforming that at a 47.6% increase.

>If trends persist, their DAU will actually shrink in Q1 2017.
Wrong again. This is just too easy. If the trend persists at a 3.2% quarterly increase, they will still have a 13.4% increase by the end of 2017. Your claim that the user growth is just going to reverse into the negative isn't based on data and it's just something you're pulling out of your ass. You are looking at two fucking numbers from a single quarter, snapchats user growth fluctuates a lot (see pic) so it is really too soon to tell, and way too soon to say that instragram is going to kill snapchat just based on two points of data. You are embarrassing.

>when you take into consideration that they were doing fuck all to monetize their product in 2015 a 6X INCREASE IN REVENUE isn't really that impressive
Yes, their monetization is still in it's early days and will improve tremendously. And even still, a 400% to 2018 is pretty damn impressive growth. The IPO is happening NOW so now is the prime time to invest.

I just smashed all your "arguments" with a little facts and common sense, but I didn't need to, because in a few years your going to be eating your words and crying over those sweet sweet market-beating gains.

>quora.com/Now-that-weve-seen-Snapchats-IPO-filing-S1-is-it-a-good-investment/answer/Parsa-Saljoughian?srid=hrCON

Summary:
"Well, Snap innovates while other tech companies don't, reaches millennials and young adults (though pretty no one else), and it's led by a smart guy. You shouldn't worry that growth has slowed way down, that our freaking COGS is bigger than our revenue (AT A SOFTWARE COMPANY), or that our margins are getting worse and our losses are getting deeper. It'll all be fine because teens are going to keep liking us and we can innovate. Oh, and I'm totally non-biased about this despite having all kinds of conflicts of interest."

Doesn't sound very convincing does it? They need a better way to deliver advertisements to their userbase. Also, didn't they only make like $1b last year? I'm sure future free cash flows will decline from that. Negative earnings and negative P/E also doesn't look too attractive.

Honestly though, a lot of dumb money will pour into this IPO due to hype and lack of awareness/financial knowledge so it'll get propped up for a little while but it will eventually tank.

>Snapchats growth isn't slowing down
It is, but don't take my word for it. Ask Evan Spiegel.

cnbc.com/2017/02/22/snap-ipo-ceo-blames-slowing-growth-on-cheap-phones.html

techcrunch.com/2017/02/02/snap-s1-numbers/

businessinsider.com/snapchat-blames-slower-user-growth-on-technical-issues-product-updates-2017-2

And all of that is assuming they aren't lying about their growth numbers, which they probably are.
forbes.com/sites/kathleenchaykowski/2017/01/05/former-snapchat-employee-alleges-company-inflated-growth-metrics/#1518d2cd46eb
If you want to believe that this slowdown is a mere "fluctuation" as opposed to a trend, that's on you.

>Yes, their monetization is still in it's early days and will improve tremendously.
It will? They sell ads. That's it, unless you really want to talk about the other areas of their business such as the failed meme spectacles. Unless they have some magical, ultra-lucrative strategy for selling advertisements which no other app/social social network has come up with, there is an upper limit to how much revenue they can generate before they start driving away customers with the intrusiveness of their advertisements. Their ad revenue isn't going to simply grow infinitely, that doesn't make any sense.

>BUT ITS GOING TO THE MOON
Snapchat is shit. I would say Snapchat is the next Twitter, but Twitter was actually in a better position in terms of growth, net income/loss, revenue etc. Twitter stock didn't fly so good, and neither will Snap's.

Two words:

WhatsApp Facebook

>buy a fuckload of stocks as soon as it goes public
>Wait a day and pull out
????
Profit

Two words:

WhatsApp Facebook

Never looked into them personally, but I get your point, how the fuck did COGS get out of control? Sounds like they have some up and coming tax failing problems if that's actually the case.

I typed "failing" and I meant "filing." There's almost 0% of their business that should be COGS

you're right about that.

here's two more words of wisdom for you user,

kill yourself

Will be a failure. Probably better to buy ETH.

snapchat is basically instagram except it's for angsty teens in high school sharing nudes with each other. Beyond that it has no use.

Snapchat is good for looking at what single pathetic 30+ yo girls are videotaping (their food) while I take a shit

I used to get nudes but when I started screenshotting them they relented

Like I was gonna give away their dumb pics, who gives a fuck? I use it to wank

How did they know you took a screenshot? Did the app notify them or something?

yeah the app sends them a notification

i didnt know that and used to take screenies of my mates sister when she looked hot, discovered after the fact, paniced for 2 minutes, stopped caring

That's some botnet shit.

I thought snapchat disabled the screenshot function though, Or at least that's what i heard.

from memory initially when you took a screenie it was all black

then they allowed it but youd send a notification

That's kinda fucked up. The app obviously doesn't respect your privacy.

I'll bet you could buy another phone and then just take pictures of the screen of the other phone to bypass it though. Then you could save your fap material.

yeah thats what i did the most recent time it came up, girl was sending me text messages about how she wanted to get fucked and this and that

took a pic with my fone, fuck just realised that fone shit itself and ive lost the images

oh well

There was a guy on /g/ a while back that wrote a program in java to automatically monitor and download the images of certain girls he was stalking on instagram and facebook.

He even made it display a notificaion on his computer titled "New images are in, Time to fap"

I wish i had screen caped it it was hilarious.