/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

>Patch Notes
playgwent.com/en/news#6410

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>Leaked Campaign
vid.me/SightlierGravy/albums/gwent-adventure

Teached his grandma to suck eggs:

PRAISE BE TO THE GREAT SUN

Anyone ever play an Emhyr deck that revolves around decoying the Guardian? Is it ever worthwhile to decoy the Guardian?

I'm not hugely fond of Guardian.

why would you ever want to decoy The Guardian? its Deathwish doesn't trigger if you return him to your hand.

>Guardian's ability is a deathwish
>Bouncing guardian into hand
You just varu'd yourself user.

This mad lad Mustered everything you can muster

Infantrymen, Light Cavalry. Witchers (twice), and Reavers with Henselt

Nothing can stop ALBAAAAAAA man and his dragon, though.

You're right I'm fucking retarded. Everyone please ignore me

a nice fresh bait to start off the thread, I like it

not working
but I can imagine its fun to play the guardian, and vicavaroo a harpy from a consume-monster graveyard to trigger deathwish many times

>but I can imagine its fun to play the guardian, and vicavaroo a harpy from a consume-monster graveyard to trigger deathwish many times

you absolute madman

I'm working on crafting Ciri Dash/QG/Pirate Skellige

I don't have any faction golds so I'm currently curring Ciri Dash, Avallac'h, Igni and Ciri

I'm thinking the first cut is regular Ciri. Should I craft Ermion, Lugos, or Coral first?

I'm thinking Lugos. Not really interested in other SK archetypes for now.

Post dick pls, and what is your winning ratio? I really wanna try the Gulet guy.

This game is great and all (or at least novel since it's not another fucking magic clone with a gimmick stapled on to it) but it is so painfully obvious that CDPR not only doesn't know the first thing about card game design/balance but that they didn't hire anyone to fill that spot, thinking that making a card game (and a supposedly competitive one at that) is a by the numbers deal like a making a singleplayer game. Get an ex Magic pro, a CCG designer, fucking somebody that knows this shit.

I am not talking about the current patch/meta but in general and I do hope they figure their shit out. Maybe they are just going apeshit and throwing shit at the wall with each patch to seeing what sticks under the assumption that it won't be like this when the game launches.

Scouts at 1 str, Seargents only buffing Bronze units, Trebuchets with target limits AND dmg reduction (WTF?), Ballistas with target limits.

Great job CDPR, way to gut a faction to complete and utter obscurity before even giving them a chance in the new meta. I didnt realize that NR was such an OP deck last patch that it needed such heavyhanded nerfs. Seriously, didnt the numbers show that Skellige and Monsters made up more than 60% combined of the ladder decks? NR was actually in a good spot last patch, it was close to being a Tier 1 deck but nowhere near the dominance of Weather Monsters, Axemen Skellige or Morkvarg Skellige.

Now, instead of having several top tier factions at once, all you've allowed is for Monsters to reign supreme without any counter against them. Last patch, NR always put fear into the hearts of Monster players. Now the ladder will be 95% Monster decks without NR there to check them. Brilliant kneejerk overreaction move! Before today i always figured that a professional game developer had more sense than the average redditor. Thank you for proving me wrong.

Scouts at 1 str, Seargents only buffing Bronze units, Trebuchets with target limits AND dmg reduction (WTF?), Ballistas with target limits.

Great job CDPR, way to gut a faction to complete and utter obscurity before even giving them a chance in the new meta. I didnt realize that NR was such an OP deck last patch that it needed such heavyhanded nerfs. Seriously, didnt the numbers show that Skellige and Monsters made up more than 60% combined of the ladder decks? NR was actually in a good spot last patch, it was close to being a Tier 1 deck but nowhere near the dominance of Weather Monsters, Axemen Skellige or Morkvarg Skellige.

Now, instead of having several top tier factions at once, all you've allowed is for Monsters to reign supreme without any counter against them. Last patch, NR always put fear into the hearts of Monster players. Now the ladder will be 95% Monster decks without NR there to check them. Brilliant kneejerk overreaction move! Before today i always figured that a professional game developer had more sense than the average redditor. Thank you for proving me wrong.

Their balance has usually been rather competent in the past. I can tell you what happened with Open Beta.

>lots of HS kids started coming in
>start demanding changes
>CDPR wants to be the customers' darling and obliges
>to no surprise, the changes sucked because the community cannot balance a game

The patches they actually did themselves were ok for the most part. See: this patch, the positioning patch.

what do you guys use to climb right now ? I've been stuck at 2800 since the patch, even though wins give me twice more MMR than losses.

Tried a couple of decks (dagon/triss, elder, letho reveal, QG) and I fail to climb with any of them...

t.brainlet

(although this happens to me every patch, the first couple of days I struggle like shit to find a deck I really like and with which I'm kinda good, and then I climb pretty well)

if you cant win with decks that climb by themself, there is no hope

reminder to NEVER gg

I gg people with original decks who play to have fun

>Kambi was ""oppressive""
>Igni isn't

I got my CB code the week it went up friend so I don't know what you are smoking if you are claiming this is an OB thing. Admittedly I stopped playing around mid December, before NG but after the new cards patch with Coral and the like but from day one there were massive patch logs every other week, most of them making things worse. The only thing that has changed is that there haven't been any total card reworks in the OB whereas they were common (at least when I played again) in the CB.

I was even in the discord talking to that fag rethaz daily, the only thing that changed is that now he is justifying every single change to reddit not discord.

I hate your kind.

I heard you need someone to work on your CCG.

Kibler's a living meme and a remorseless shill but I am fairly sure he is a decent person. That said, he probably wouldn't be good for Gwent since it isn't a Magic clone.
They've already got a board game nerd designing Gwent and Gwent is much more boardgame than CCG.

Hit 3k with it just now. Winrates are in the image.

Borkh is amazing, but don't play this if you don't like tense finishes for your games.

I can only imagine how much MMR I could've gained if I knew how to play Borkh pre-nerf.

DANCE OF DEATH

shit, here's the actual deck, my bad

HAAAH...HAH.

I think the deck needs to be refined a bit to do well against more types of decks. At the moment it's really strong against decks that buff a lot. Just have to make sure to get card advantage against decks that drop big bronzes on 3rd round like spotters or the discard guys. I'm at 3200-3300 MMR atm.

>a storm is coming.. let's enjoy the weather while we still can
>have strength, my love

waifu material

It's too bad elves aren't waifus in The Witcher but more like literal savages and barbarians

Shes weak plus known to be a whore.

how dare you
evil cave monkeys came out of nowhere and started destroying elven culture
now they pretend they built everything and rewrote history

WII ONCE DIMENSÎON TRAVELÉR!

So you be sayin that elves were kangz and shiet?

Which faction do I play now to be a hipster?

NR I guess

*twitch knife-ear*

francesca st

cave monkeys?

You mean dwarves?

So this was touched upon somewhat in the last thread. What is CDPRs long term solution considering so many people now have a full collection due in part to the refund system.

When the game comes out of beta do they nerf normal mill value? The refund system we see now will definitely be gone probably replaced with a 50% refund for 3 days or something if nerfed. There are way too many people will all cards whilst sitting on a massive pile of scrap and growing. Any new cards they release will all be crafted the same day and there's no real incentive, to me at least to grind out or pay for premium when you have a full collection of normals

What's the best Monsters deck?

So I'm playing Reveal NG as you all suggested but it just feels so routine. Open with Emyhr. Reveal the soldiers and or Fire Scorpions, build up spotters and aim for the ultimate meme Letho. It just feels flat. Pirate Captain SK is much more fun in my opinion.

What is a truly fun NG deck for casual? Doesn't matter if I win or lose just want to play the faction a bit more, learn and have fun with it

SK

Anybody have a non-dorf ST deck to climb to rank 17?

Welcome to digital CCGs

>playing Reveal NG
>Open with Emyhr

This is correct. I've been in CB when the first invites went out. The game felt much more balanced. Maybe because nobody knew what they were doing, but the longer Gwent was alive the worse things started to get. Especially Ambush ST which they let run rampant for over a month because they were switching to open beta "at some point"

Not to mention machines were the shittest deck type for NR and no matter how many times Swim played that gif that didn't change

Ambush shouldn't even be a mechanic in the game, much less a viable deck.

My bad. New to the faction. I think it's Morvan? He lets you reveal 3 cards

>Open with Emyhr.

user this isnt CB anymore

how the fuck does this deck win.

Why not emhyr instead of Calveit?

brute force round 1 by stacking melee row with the tempo of a thousand GREAT SUNS

get CA with Ocvist, Ciri, Cantarella

Borkh and Tibor round 3

Because golems and their deck thinning are fucking OP

How the fuck are you winning round 1 without Brigades?

>WII ONCE DIMENSÎON TRAVELÉR!
what is this meme

Let's do this

>Best Streamer
Nadrac

>Worst Streamer
Noxious

oh, and use letho to either banish your opponent's gameplan, or use him to protect your points from borkh (sometimes you just go into round 3 with bronzes in your hand, it happens)

nigger do you see any spies in my deck

alchemist on foot soldier are 12 points, calveit is 12+, every 2 turns you get 5 points for FREE, warhorn is 20, auckes shuts down any point generation, etc

it sounds crazy, but try it, it works.

just remember to ocvist ASAP, pikeman ASAP, and try not to reveal footsoldiers before at least 2 pikemen are out, cause you really dont wanna draw pikemen

you sound like one of those collectors in MTG, where they never want any card reprinted, always buy up every single release pack in existence, and hold cards for years in their little cubes, just so no one else can ever play them and raise prices for the goys.

what exactly is wrong with people having full collections again?

>lets remove mechanics in a game that has less than 3 actual mechanics
you forgot to downboat

I assume I'm a complete idiot because I can't win with this Gaunter deck at all.

and to add to what i said in the other reply - usually if i don't win round 1 it because I drew a combination of ciri cantarella ocvist. weak tempo cards but they let me win round 2 thanks to pure CA, my opponent has so few cards compared to me, they just dry pass most of the time

This is Letho. He's a big guy for this meta.
Say something nice to him.

You are a big guy.

Thank you, big guy. You, Tibor, and Borkh are my best friends.

That's why I didn't kill you in Witcher 2. Where is Gulet exactly?

by the way - craft him and premium him, he is sure to get nerfed soon

>Crafted regular Letho
>Pulled moviecard Letho from a pack
>Was disappointed at how fucking terrible his moviecard is

>he is sure to get nerfed soon

>this is what solitaire players actually believe

I'm pretty sure that Emhyr should be better in this deck.

Dude, I've been playing nothing but letho decks.

If CDPR thought Regis Vampire was oppressive, they're gonna say Letho was Holocausting enemy boards

were premium card rates nerfed? havent got one in like 30 kegs

I've figured out how to win this patch.

Triss/Dagon

>Nilfgaard - [0 - 0] [0%]

>redditor climbs from 1,5k to 2k

To be fair they didn't ruin Regis HR. He still fucks deck-buffing decks like discard/spell/reveal, he just no longer gives your opponent the benefit of all your meme work. Letho generally needs a silver card on top of playing him normally to reach maximum meme potential, it's just that playing him right now as a naked card without d-bomb is strong because people are playing swimshit which crumbles if your opponent is playing any enemy interaction cards whatsoever.

>Monsters almost half of all games
HIGH MMR PLAYER IN /gwt/

It was a troll deck you fucking moron.

actually I made a smurf account and played monsters

the fun right now is smashing dorf decks with the big guy. letho limits how much you can experiment in a reveal deck.

>not converting your scraps into dust and making glorious movie cards

When does season end?

end july - start of august

>A Mad Man and His Dragons
or
>A Big Guy and His Bomb

If you used The Guardian on Round 1, You can Assire + Skellen it on Round 2 then draw it with Cantarella or DFS to pollute his round 3 mulligan

>Mad Man's Magical Realm

I'm using the same deck minus the standard bearer and NG knight and replaced them with cow tossers..

>or
>he is not running the Letho D-Bomb Borkh Tibor package

Why do so many people call Letho Meno?

why dont you ask the people who do?

Rate this spy deck

fuck you servers

1/10, no engineers

>look ma, I posted the fake ciri deck again xDD

Fucking Johnny

He's never around when you need him for Ciri Dash, but sometimes he wins you games by letting you igni twice.

HAHA

SO EPIC

I LOVE LOSING TO 5 SCORCH'S

FUCKING EPICCCCCCCCC

I LOVE NEVER BEING TO PLAY ANYTHING EVER BECAUSE I JUST LOSE TO SCORCH AFTER SCORCH AFTER A REVIVED SCORCH XDDD

Do you kiss your whore with that mouth, plowing Northlander?

I tried to make Botchling / Lubberkin work. It did not go so well.

I'll taking fucking axemen cancer over these uninteractive Eithne scorch bullshit

>try to get both Botchling and Lubberkin in hand.
>place Botchling (or Lubberkin) round 1
>lubberkin is now 10 points
>resurrect Botchling round 2 with Nenekke
>play your 15 point Lubberkin
>you now have a 10 point Botchling again for round 3

knife ears always make the best waifus