An eight-year-old girl who suffered life-threatening injuries in a drag racing crash at Perth Motorplex has died...

>An eight-year-old girl who suffered life-threatening injuries in a drag racing crash at Perth Motorplex has died, police say.
Anita Board was taking her junior dragster for what police called a "test run" about 12:20pm on Saturday when she hit a concrete barrier at the end of the run.

>mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-12/anita-board-dies-after-perth-motorplex-drag-racing-crash/9142076?pfmredir=sm

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-41964046
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thought I was on /tv/ for a second

>what went wrong?

8 yrs old
female
drag racing
concrete barrier

She forgot to brake.

forgot to account for inertia

>high speed
>bicycle tires

should've ripped a skid breh

Women drivers no survivors

one less ausroach

>Look at me, mom! I'm just like Senna! I'm just like Senna! I'm just li

>What went wrong?

Too much Horse power

>want daughter
>have son instead
>try to turn daughter into son
>buy into modernist PC bullshit narrative that "Women can do anything men can do"
>no son or daughter now

The moron parents should have not let a child drive a car. I don't care if the kid wanted to or was the possibly the best racer that ever lived. Kids need adults to provide boundaries, and set rules to protect vulnerable humans.

>want daughter
>have son instead
you clegged a step or two there

Plenty of male children do it without dying

Those cars only go up to 60

Reminder that motorsport is dangerous. Feel bad for the family. Condolences.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Ah fuck!

>want son *
>have daughter instead *
>buy into modernist PC bullshit narrative that "Women can do anything men can do"
>no son or daughter now

Gender is not the issue here moron. Children are not physically able to survive high speed crashes. Why don't kids bicycles come with 18 gears? Because their skulls cave in like playdough. Maybe stupid parents weren't forcing their racing ideals like fucking religion that child would be alive.

Why the fuck are children allowed to ride in cars at all then, jackass?

Nevermind I just found out they do sell kids bikes with 18 speeds.

Fuck it, let the millenials and gen-x kill their offspring. The world is overpopulated as it is.

>race car driver dies
>people are surprised

These sports are inherently dangerous and the competitors accept the risks. She died honorably.

18 gears isn't going to help if your spindly kid legs cant put down enough torque to go fast in the top gears.

might as well rail on hills

Life comes at you fast.

Because they are safe. But to an extent which is why under certain height and weight limits they are not allowed in the front seat. A car with crumple zones, seatbelts and airbags minimises the risk of traveling at high speeds.

Like a Ferrari reversing out a window over a 30 foot drop

And race cars have harnesses, crash structure, roll bars, drivers wear fire suits and helmets, neck braces and sometimes HAANS devies.

Addressing what you just said though- It's perfectly legal for kids to be taken out for a ride on the road in Great Grandpa's Model T, which has none of what you mentioned.

Cam's dad is gonna kill him.

>being this much of a sheltered normie
Just because your childhood was all pillows tied to the corners of coffee tables and never being allowed outside without your inflatable protection chamber does not mean the whole world needs babysitting.

And what he fuck are you on about?
Childrens motorcycles are faster than an 18 speed pushbike...

Then why didn't they work?
Dirt vs concrete/asphaslt

Which one do you prefer to bang your head against while wearing a helmet?

Fyi I rode these as a kid. It's one of the benefits of having an uncle who runs a powersport dealership. When I was legally allowed to (12 years old) I got on my first 250 cc ski doo and did 72 km/h across a field. But when there's 100 acres of nothing around you, and 3 feet of powder below you it's safe.

The article doesn't say what the cause of death was so I can't speculate as the exact reason, but there are always cases of Murphy's Law in action- Small details like a bolt without thread locker, a forgotten cotter key, some piece or part that slipped by QC at the factory get compounded and taken advantage of usually by extenuating and unexpected circumstances in a crash. The crash itself could have also been weird, maybe the broad just straight up forgot to tighten her harness all the way. They didn't work because shit happens that wasn't accounted for.

You can still come to a sudden stop on dirt mate.
it's never the crash that kills someone, it is always the sudden stop at the end.

shitting on anyone who dies is pretty much /b/ shit but drag racing to auto-sport, is pretty much what kickball is to the Olympics. anyone who dies doing this is no doubt several bricks short of a load, and any parent who endorses their kid to take up drag racing, has got to be pretty much retarded on some extreme level.

I can get behind carting, but seriously, only Americans and Richard Hammond can't go in a straight line

Why do euros shit on drag racing so much?

I mean i don't even like it but i can respect the skill it takes to drive such powerful cars with such brutal acceleration, takes a proper crazy person to do it.

>t. busrider

imagine a girls pussywalls doing that as you take her virginity

I made the women drivers no survivors joke, but who's to say there wasn't a mechanical failure? A combination of small things can lead to a bad result.

(you)

>tfw you will never be this alpha

I hate shit cunts like you.

This to be honest, people like that faggot are why the world is becoming a stupid nanny state where you have to be offended by something that might maybe one day offend someone else.

>literally who?

Do you think it's wrong for children to ride in old european cars with low safety standards?

She didn't stop so well

Best wishes to the parents.
They'll have to live with the death of their child and the haunting thoughts that they shouldn't have put her in such a high risk machine.
I hope they can move past the heartache some day.

When I was 11 or so I had a 21 speed and I could max that bitch in top gear on level ground.

I remember 20 years ago when everyone respected cars as something that could easily kill you. Safety shit seemed like a great idea when it was introduced but it sure has created a generation of retards.

Wow, I didn't know this board was full of pussies.
For the record, a junior dragster is only fast because it's light. Even then it hits the limits of gearing at ~72 mph, and I'm pretty sure they're at top speed before they even finish 1/8 mile.
I'm willing to say that whatever happened that caused the car to crash lies on whoever prepped the car, probably the parents.

More kids die playing cricket you faggot.

Shoyld kids also be banned from riding horses?

Because more gears equals more fast

>bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-41964046

>Members of the drag racing community have posted tributes online, including under the hashtag #HelmetsOutForAnita.

This is not the time for bants Australia.

>What went wrong?

She hit the barrier.

Why not use automated controls?
Then you can go balls out without any consideration of safety

Happened in my home town.

Our government will not respond well. They already do everything they can to prevent motorsport in Western Australia.

people who think like you do are why f1 is going to end up being a race between self driving econobox cars.

children are more likely to survive crashes
as are drunk people
clearly there is a solution

This to be honest, don't children do better in crashes because they go limp?
Look to the news for an example where both parents died but all the children survived...

They did provide boundaries. She just happened to run into one of them. Hard

>Gender is not the issue here moron.
When it comes to motorsports gender is always THE issue.

Basically gender dictates person's ability to process information and react accordingly, also males tend to withstand higher G-loads due to better physique.

All in all there is such thing as sexual dimorphism and you can't do anything with it.

C'est la vie.

This to be honest, if gender was not an issue there would not be 2 classes in motorsport for men and women.

males and females are very similar until puberty.

In physical activities maybe but not mentally.
mentally women are more immature than men until their 20's at which point they grow up and men simply never grow up.

Thats pretty tragic, those junior dragsters don't even break 100km/h, what the fuck went so wrong that she ended up dead?

>Why do euros shit on drag racing so much?
Because of no easy access to anything with reasonably large and powerful engines.

Thus generic euro-person assumes that driving a 500-1000hp car is just an easy as 50hp eco-diesel.

The aussies don't seem to have a problem understanding it and they have more draconian laws than most euro countries so no fucking excuses.

kek

>why don't kids bicycles come with 18 gears

They do? Both of the ones I had as a teenager were cheap as hell and had 6x3 gearing. I also hit 30mph on a downhill on them, so they held up well enough. Helmets exist for a reason.

I see cars with >500hp literally every day here in the UK. Our average might be less powerful, but there's plenty of AMG/M cars floating around.

they're not allowed to ride in the front for a reason

>males and females are very similar until puberty.
Nope. Puberty just makes the difference (aka sexual dimorphism) more prominent.

No easy access to empty land more like.

>skill
Press one pedal, press other pedal.

>Press one pedal, press other pedal.

It's that simple only if you drive a 50-100hp car with AT/CVT. Otherwise it's more complicated.

Drag racers arn't smart enough for anything not an auto. It's also very easy to put down a lot more than 100hp with drag radials.

I have no problems flooring my 470hp car from a standstill on all seasons on the road. Only a nigger would think drag racing is hard.

>You shouldn't race cars until you're older!
yeah good luck with that racing career.

wrong

/Thread

nope

comfy

Some retard thought it was a good idea to put his daughter in a roided up gocart?
Most 8 year olds are dumb as fuck and are hardly allowed to cross the road on their own. Would you trust a literal retard to do 90km/h down a runway? I wouldn’t

that's how you get 20 years old world champions

showed this post o' yers to the ol' ball & chain, she had a hearty laugh, kiddo

>implying a 500hp car is fast

At some point you have to ask yourself if your kid has what it takes to become the next Schumacher. If your 8 year old daughter drives into a concrete wall and dies it’s on you.

Thank’s i guess

Yeah m8 im sure trying to control 10000HP is the same thing

sure, but then we'll get dimensional drifting

In what fucking place ever?

I think he means children under a certain age/weight aren't allowed in the front seats which is true, people questioned when I turned the car seat from rear facing to front and I had to tell then to fuck off because she was too tall to face rearwards

t. DadAnon

I know about the height and weight thing but that's only because the safety devices are made for adults and require a certain position/mass out of a person to function right. So if you had some real fuckin Mongo spawn that was 7 years old but 6 foot 6 and 235 it doesn't matter that they're underage. The dragster doesn't have that issue because the safety devices are designed for children. It's not a matter of children having too weak of bones or whatever, a 3 foot tall midget would have the same problems as a child.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, especially about the height/weight trumping age, and you are absolutely correct about Jr. dragsters not having the issues of a regular car's front seats
I just think the girl under estimated something or got distracted and we all know how dangerous that is, can't blame the sport when it's not the sports fault

I know you were echoing the sentiment I just felt the obsessive need to clarify that it's not an age matter because I just fuckin know there's somebody who'd try to prop that up as some kinda gotcha. I know people are just looking for something to blame here rather than acknowledging that tragic unaccounted for shit happens sometimes and I think it's a dick move to go shitting on the parents. Riddle me this, though, if your daughter really wanted to do Junior Dragster or karting or something and she was all fired up about it, would you feel comfortable letting her? Just curious, don't get many parents in here.

Thanks user, for the one way ticket to hell.

I drove with go-karts, big difference I know, when I was a kid
If she started there, got gud and then asked me if she could kart I'd have to think about it because that's one hell of an investment considering I'm not in the mechanical field to start with
I'd be more comfortable training her in small cars when she got a little bit older, but for me the only reason I'd pass on her karting is financial, if she was sponsored I'd say fine

>they can reach speeds of 96 kilometres per hour during a race

on paper it doesn't much more dangerous than a minibike but letting retarded kids run on a narrow drag strip with no run off and no padding is a bit like letting your bogan 8 year old set off down Bray Hill on his 40cc petrol minibike

Yeah, it's the financial question and whether they truly want to do it or not rather than it just being a passing fancy. I raced sprint cars when I was a kid and that was of my own volition, not like it was pushed on me. I'm just inclined to think this girl was of similar mind.