/eagg/ - East Asian Genocide General - True Champion Edition

Previous thread full of historical accuracy: Pastebin for newcomers: pastebin.com/d4kmz03p
Musou Stars OST: pastebin.com/eB09X6D4
Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
What we know so far about DW9 (old & busted): pastebin.com/yyQCXi69
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6
Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

Dynasty Warriors 9 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=BlE4tQl-8is

Bulletin;
-Man Chong and Cheng Pu are in. Still no release date.
-SSX still wielding chakrams. Lu Xun: the hat stays on.
-DW9 will be open world. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Warriors Orochi may or may not be phased out.
-Berserk Musou is out.
-Sanadamaru is out, named Spirit of Sanada and no Vita version.
-Toukiden II is out.
-Warriors All-Stars is coming out August/September in US/EU
-ROTK13pucc~ is out.
-tfw no pucc~ 2.
-Fire Emblem Warriors is focusing on nu-FE to nobody's surprise.
-Please tell your friends and family about us

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/dynasty-warriors-is-finally-adding-open-sex-scenes-with-lu-lingqi-1795043676
scholars-stage.blogspot.com/2016/11/history-is-written-by-losers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where's the other OP that created OC related to /eagg/? I miss them.

Rest in piece Dian Wei

You'll always be in my heart

>Shu-Han seems to have been the least interesting kingdom to Rafe de Crespigny. As he once said in an interview with Medievalists.net: “I am somewhat ashamed to say that I have never really cared for Liu Bei – high-minded rhetoric to justify treachery and double-dealing.”Furthermore De Crespigny never released a book or article about Shu-Han.

How will Shufags ever recover?

I actually planned to continue that, but with /eagg/'s current state it felt wasted effort.
It'll come back with the activity

"High-minded rhetoric to justify treachery and double-dealing" is pretty much political history in general, though he does have a point in that Shu-Han historical material is almost exclusively propaganda because they just didn't leave as much material behind.

There's one guy who has over half of his SGZ entry devoted to quoting from a letter written by Zhuge Liang.

>considers himself historian of the TK era
>releases books of the kingdoms he's a fan of, while leaving out the one he didnt like
What a sorry excuse for a historian

That's Ma Liang isn't it?

reminds me of Gonnosuke

My favorite comment by him is that when Liu Bei took over Yi, Liu Bei "still wasn't sure if he wanted to be a bandit or a ruler."

Shu already has the Romance though, their the last people that need representation. Besides, he specializes in the fall of the Han Dynasty (So when Cao Pi usurps the throne), so Shu is technically out of his field of expertise.

>/eagg/'s current state
You mean that it's too dead, or that it's just full of arguing (from what I've seen towards the end of the thread) .

He's technically a historian of Later Han, not TK. Shu-Han actually has very little to do with his research as a result.

Threadly reminder that SSX is a woman now

@181989780

(You)

Her clothing looks like rubber.

I need to see Cai Wenji.

Didn't notice last thread went past bump limit

Even in the manhua itself, it cited that there were no record saying Zhang Fei was a butcher before he met Liu Bei, and instead, many sources record that he enjoys caligraphy and painting. Luo Guanzhong was the one who fucked Zhang Fei up.

>Liu Bei "still wasn't sure if he wanted to be a bandit or a ruler."
I'm not gonna lie, this actually triggers me to some degree

This Fate musou is pretty great, I don't know why you guys hate it.

Leave Naotora alone, she's my waifu. She's cute, cute! And sexy! And strong! And she holds me in her arms nice and tight!
And better than that walking sexdoll Koei likes to call Naotora.

What the hell got you all posting now

Seiba

t. Maria

Seiba?

Can I get a tutorial on making her? I'm shocked someone made a good looking female model in DW8E

Shufags actually believe that their underground cannibal Cult of Cronus could stand a chance against the Southern Dinosaur Empire that props up Wu

I highly suspect the butcher nonsense was to draw a parallel to Liu Bang's general Fan Kuai.

Focusing on calligraphy and painting is a bit weird considering that pretty much every gentleman of the time was expected to be competent in calligraphy and painting. Though that does make the point that Zhang Fei might leaned more toward the "calligraphy and painting" civil side than the "riding and archery" martial side of being a gentleman.

The former obviously; the latter is just every day occurence. Its also the reason why I tend to make new threads at 750 posts sharp. Which is actually a bit premature, but since a thread died with 440 replies a couple of threads ago, you cant be too careful.

You know its bad, when you have dedicated anons who are actively watching /eagg/ so it doesn't fall off page 10.

Yeah, after capturing Chengdu he turned over the treasury to plunder, so he had no money to actually run a government.

There's a reason why historical records make a big deal about conquerors who keep treasuries and palaces sealed. It's what separates bandits from prospective rulers.

I dont really consider it fucked up. Its obviously a narrative backstory thats supposed to fit with the other two characters of Liu Bei and Guan Yu. And yeah, it works. Zhang Fei as the hot headed brute is part of what makes the three so likeable.

Solely spoken from a novel perspective of course.

I downloaded her from the PC custom character lists, if you want to look she's the one marked SABER

she's been a woman since she got SHU'd

From a writing perspective, yeah, it makes sense to make Zhang Fei a hot-headed violence brute to be the foil to Liu Bei's benevolence leader and Guan Yu's honorable and loyal servant. But considering how almost all of Shu's major figures have their dicks sucked by Luo Guanzhong, Zhang Fei (and Wei Yan, especially Wei Yan) really got the short end of the stick here.

Where can I find this list?

Go to the Edit Character Menu
Press Y/Triangle on an empty slot
select download from the menu
specify search by Female
Look through the moeshit and catgirls until you find SABER
download

I think the reputation of violent brute is older than Luo Guanzhong's reputation. I recall Tang era comments along the lines of "brutal as Zhang Fei."

There's some basis in the canonical historical records, what with Zhang Fei killing Cao Bao and Qin Yelu and almost killing Yan Yan in a rage.

Its been a while

Can't stop the Cao Daddy

Looks like you literally can. :^)

>attack Koei
>DW6 hard
>red pi
>little government

>attack koei
As you command

Thanks senpai, I haven't actually played empires yet even though I got it from the sale.

How the fuck can a term like literally get so big anyway
>check the old thread
>ctrl+f literally
>43 results
wtf? /eagg/ likes its hyperbole.
>cao
>109 results
standing tall

Just gonna let you know that your sentence is an anagram for:
Cao is really lit ye null kook

You're missing letters though. Not really an anagram then, is it?

>orochi 2 reference in the op
Nice work

>not wielding actual people as weapons
Every officer pales in comparison to Dian Wei

What the fuck kind of tricks are you playing here? Where are there missing letters?

Looks like you literally can.

L = 5
O = 3
K = 2
S = 1
I = 2
E = 2
A = 2
Y = 2
U = 1
T = 1
R = 1
C = 1
N = 1

Cao is really lit ye null kook
L = 5
O = 3
K = 2
S = 1
I = 2
E = 2
A = 2
Y = 2
U = 1
T = 1
R = 1
C = 1
N = 1

You forgot the most important part of the sentence: :^)

The deep-seated Hopeful Pain that DW9 won't be a disappointment.

Brazen peasant

>ma
>big
>dong

What did they mean by this?

I've enjoyed every DW since 3. Come at me.

This is the year of the Dong

Did you at least play DW2?

Nope

Can't spell "did nothing wrong" without "dong"

How so?
That letter seems like he took his death way better than the novels dramatised 'oh heavens! Why is Zhuge Liang so much better than me?'

Historically he was also said to have been one if the genuinely nicest guys in that era along with Lu Su. Cheng Pu who initially didnt think much of him, after sitting down and chatting with him once was said to have found it near impossible to dislike the guy.

Dong Bai
Fan Yufeng
Xiahou Ji

Which one do you reckon will be added first?

seeing as how we had to wait 1777 years for Koei-Tecmo to put Xiahou Dun into a video game, I wouldn't hold your breath for anyone else cool.

Xiahou Ji

That's a shame. DW2 provides a pretty significant context for being able to fully appreciate DW3 in that it's basically all the fundamental elements that DW3 built off on. 3 is also a massively influential contribution to the series because all the weapon/item finding and additional stats managing mainstays to the game all originated from it. In fact, I'd argue from a purely gameplay experience perspective, the development of the series from 2 - 5 yielded improvements overall, while the transition from 5 to 6 was basically Koei going "let's try something new so we don't get too stale" and getting mixed results before going back closer to their roots in 7. And while I did enjoy 7 for literally and figuratively pushing the story aspects it just didn't have anywhere near the replayability of its predecessors even with the DLCs.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is I'm hoping DW9 doesn't end up turning into another DW6-to-7 reversion in which all the added mechanics to the format wind up getting scrapped - even the interesting ones like base raiding or live/dynamic dueling, as rare as it was - in favor of retooling the old format as though the previous title never really happened.

BASED KOEI

kotaku.com/dynasty-warriors-is-finally-adding-open-sex-scenes-with-lu-lingqi-1795043676

Actually, she is my wife and you need my permission to post her pictures.

Dong Bai got special treatment in ROTK13 and DW6 so she's probably first. After that, Xiahou Ji, Fan Yunfeng is simply too literally who for Koei to work with.

Look at this noodle person

>"""""open sex"""""

Finally KT is listening.

Such a typical MALE thing to say

>implying I'm a guy

LUOYANG
U
O
Y
A
N
G

Show us the feet sweetie

>Page 10

Is this historically accurate?

her face looks weird

Yet the losers wrote TK history

scholars-stage.blogspot.com/2016/11/history-is-written-by-losers.html

They're all losers in the end.
Even Jin.

Amazingly emough, that's a more honerable death than the romance's version.

It does seem like SW4 Empires was a lot more involving than DW8 Empires

DW addition when

No one has ever said that Liu Bei wasn't a fucking moron.

>tfw reading this post and the thing that came to my mind was "Is that a Jojo reference"
What happened to my life?

ROTK ripped off a ton of stuff from Jojos so that's understandable

>Xiahou Dun loses hair
>but Lu Xun's hat is back
IT'S NOT FAIR

this is hands down the best design in DW

Jesus, I wish I had a dollar for whenever someone said justice is determined by the winner in a manga or anime.

>based hope girl
Which hero is this?

>the winner in a manga or anime
Justice is determined by things in real life you moron

Pic unrelated

>Jesus, I wish I had a dollar for whenever someone said "justice is determined by the winner" in a manga or anime.

What would you do with that money?

>your soldiers are disgruntled from the years of campaigning
>the war orphans from Luoyang have no homes
>the new imperial palace is in shambles with very little funds in the treasury
>there's not enough grain to last the civilians this winter
>the farmlands are in ruins from the recent flooding
>your favourite concubine wants a new silk dress

It would be enough money to restore the Han, which I would do.

Ah, but would it be best to restore the Han, if the people are still suffering?

What is the Han? If it has brought us to such lows, why withhold relief from people to uphold it?

Who is this sandal-weaver who puts pompous ideals before the reality of suffering? This beast has shown his true colours, and has proven that he is more of a bandit than a merchant.

You have a long road ahead of you to cultivate virtue, friend.

That's not Cheng Pu's design

The Art of War says that you should allow your enemies to win in a debate, so as to beat them by surprise later, making me the victor.

>Western historian
>full of bias
Geez, what a fucking surprise.

Zhang Fei being a dick head brute came before LGZ era, actually Zhange Fei being like that came from the folklore, user.

Zhou Yu's not as good as he expect, perhaps?