What does Veeky Forums think of the 2nd-gen Lexus IS?

What does Veeky Forums think of the 2nd-gen Lexus IS?
I've been looking at getting the more powerful IS 350 with the 3.5L V6. Are they any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-2011-ndash-feature-ndash-car-and-driver-lightning-lap-2011-ll2-class-page-3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its a lexus, they're all a little boring but sturdily built, you can't go wrong with the toyota in leather.
t. gs300 owner

Pros:

Great engine. Reliable. Thick torque curve. Revs like mad in Manual Mode.
Still looks current, but without spindle grill
Interior is very nice. Very high quality construction. Interior lighting is beautiful.
Handling is like a mini Lexus GS. Don’t expect 3 series handling, but it will handle better than most MB or Audis from the same era and price range.
Optional audio is awesome.
Really nice interior. 9.5/10 (considering the era)
Eurofags will make derogatory comments that will reflect more on them than you.

Cons:
Rear seat is cramped as fuck. This is not a car for you if you have kids. This is basically a coupe with four doors.
Nav / entertainment package is dated as fuck
No manual trans (shame as the 3.5 liter can really scream).
Eurofags will make derrogetory comments that reflect more upon them than you.

You should get one unless you need to stuff kids into the back seat. The 3.5 liter cars are fast. Sure, a BMW 335 will be faster, but who cares? The Toyota 3.5 in these cars will give Audi S4’s a hard time honestly.

Nice for Camry on prom night....

Buy a Audi A4

What should I be getting if I do have a kid with a baby seat that needs to be back there?

>Buy a Audi A4

>Buy a Audi A4

Thanks, but I like reliable cars.

suburban

The 2GR fse doesnt give anything a hard time. Lol

It's an awesome car. I have an 06 IS 350 and it really is spectacular. However, whatever you do, please do NOT buy the 250. Ridiculous carbon buildup, they have to take the engine apart every 50000 miles to get new pistons, etc. It's a nightmare.

The 350 is amazing, though. It's fast as fuck from a standstill, and handles really well when you install fsport swaybars. The interior is nice, nothing insanely amazing, but good nonetheless.

RCR

what do you guys think about the 2.5 with a manual tranny?
im deciding between that and a hyundai genesis sedan of roughly the same years

LS430

Compared against premium small sport sedans?

See my last point regarding both pros and cons. You are sounding like a Eurocentric fuccboi who makes excuses for his constant S52 failures.

Go back and compare the 2GR in this car against other vehicles that it competed against....

Slow as fuck

The difference between the 250 and 350 is almost comical because the 350 always has more than enough power, but the 250 barely has enough

Yes compared to premium small sports sedans

Go ahead and prove me wrong then....

Only the turbo bmw 6’s are faster unless we are talking about S4 and M3 mate...

Why isnt it allowed to be compared to N54 and the V6 in the s4?

>constant s52 failures
>s52
>failures
Keep believing the unreliability memes and keep driving uninspiring jap crapboxes

Because those are in a different segment shlomo.

No they are not. IS350, 335i, S4 and C350 were direct competitors

335i is a direct competitor to the IS350 tard.

Boy that comment really triggered the Turk here...

Muh inspired engeeene

And I said it was faster.....

Maybe you should work on improving your reading comprehension instead of moving goalposts.

S4 competes against M3 and AMg

“Motorsports / factory tuner variant”

It just competes poorly against M3...

So its slower compared to almost everything in its class?

That would be the RS4/RS5

Turks drive mercedes nowadays. Get with the times neckbeard

Is The 335 is the only car in it’s class?

Not really...

I already listed you its competition

Holy fuck how did you even manage to end up on an car board with that much knowledge? Whats the RS5's competition then?

Bud boy

It’s faster than all but the 335 of the same era

S4 isn’t competition.

It’s pretty rare and in a class of its own IMO.

No its not. Not at all

Post sales numbers

I’m in Fairfield county. I see a RS Audi maybe once every two weeks. Can’t go a block without seeing a M3/4

Stop shilling your Passat on prom night so hard bro

>slower than
335i, s4, g37
>faster than
C350 (because it shifts like a grandpa)

>its not in its class because it sold like shit in bumfuck nowhere usa

Was looking at lighting lap and saw that the IS 350 f sport was somehow faster than the IS F....how is that possible?

Bumping for interest

That's because it was an early-model IS F. In 2010, they added a Torsen LSD and in 2011 they revised the suspension. C&D tested the '11 IS F and got a 3:05.4 which was just as fast as the M3 that year:
caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-2011-ndash-feature-ndash-car-and-driver-lightning-lap-2011-ll2-class-page-3

Also, they tested the 3rd-gen IS 350 which was inherently better than the previous generation.

They're not bad.
I'd almost consider the current IS 350 AWD to be the ultimate all-rounder. Decently quick and reasonably capable of handling windy backroads, but without being too hard edged and uncomfortable.
300 hp V6 gives a decent balance of mileage and acceleration. And the AWD is nice for when the road conditions are shit. Plus it's just classy enough that you won't feel out of place having valet'd at a nice restaurant or hotel.
Lexus has tried in the past couple years, but it's still kinda boring to look at. That, and the back seat is almost useless, unless the front passengers are comfortable with their knees 2 inches from the dash. But other than that, it's pretty good.

Honestly the interior is pretty shit when you compare a fully equipped 3 series vs a fully equipped is

Still weird that the lower spec n/a V6 model is faster than the top tier V8 model with upgrades brakes and suspension. Seems like even without the LSD and later suspension changes, the V8 model should quicker

>calls IS350 a "Camry on prom night"
>recommends a Passat on prom night instead

issat sum ultra luxury?

What about the LS 460? Looks comfy as fuck.

The early IS F were pigs during cornering, it's an accepted fact. It was the first high-performance car Toyota made since the A80 (and even that was arguably not so good in the turns). Also you have understand the that they used different drivers which is probably the biggest factor. Pair a mediocre driver with a car that doesn't inspire confidence and you get shit lap times. It's just science.

ITT RCR

Why this fag rcr decide to make a video on the car i finially make up my mind to get after months of indecision

Why do you care?

Worried market for them will worsen with a bunch of furfags deciding to buy one (see: this thread)

>months of indecision

Sounds more like it's your fault.

Stop trying to play the victim here.

No shit lol thanks tips

I think I've read somewhere that the power on the 2.5 m6 is underrated but it's still much slower than a 350. I have an IS250 with 6 speed, it's not bad I guess, pretty reliable. The tranny though is out of a tacoma, bullet proof and shifts like shit. Very notchy, not smooth and rattles sometimes, it is a known issue. I'm probably going to keep this car for a while, currently at 160k miles.

Honestly this, the G37, or 335 are the only cars from this segment worth buying.

I like the styling of the G37 the most but I was a ball hair away from buying a black IS350 while looking for a G37S.

Yes they are good. But everyone knows this now so you'll pay out of the ears for a good condition one.

>bumfuck nowhere
not that guy but fairfield county is one of the richest counties in the states. if there's gonna be an RS anywhere, fairfield county is one of those places