Is there any car you'd love to have, but the process of getting one in good condition would just be too goddamn arduous?

Is there any car you'd love to have, but the process of getting one in good condition would just be too goddamn arduous?

Yes

Too many to count.

First gen Tempest. Very cool features and looks and actually a manageable size, but I've never seen a single one for sale in Europe, nevermind parts.

Ayup

Finding one is tough, but finding one in actual good condition is even harder

holy fuck

You can find these for 500€ that are competely need of a total rework. I did find someone selling actually in working condition for 300€. Older models of this line up is getting extinct. Died along the fall of USSR pretty much. Could be considered to be more prestine cars than Ladas.

so you're just lazy?

also this
all the ones i see are complete shitboxes
they're good at being shitboxes,but that doesn't mean they should all be shitboxes

They come in two conditions, excellent to perfect, but comically expensive, or cheap, but a decade long restoration project.

The parts on these are not as easily available than on Ladas. So it will be a one hell of challenge to deal with this vehicle.

Besides, I couldn't guarentee to drive one back to home since it didn't have any license plates. I would have been fucked by the paperwork and bureaucracy. Let alone, making sure that it passed the inspection to get license plates back.

Its too bad they didn’t sell it in the US

Basically nonexistent outside of Eastern Europe and Too Much Fucking Money for a good one

A Trabant in good condition is still a pile of shit, isn't it?

Yeah, more like a collectors car these days.

Say that to my face not online motherfucker

haha shit I walk past these every day, it's a big meme car over here in Australia

Picture taken in the Netherlands? Utrechtse heuvelrug/Gelderland?

I read that these were frustrating to own even when they were new.

Briggs and Stratton Flyer 1920

I really want an original NASCAR series 1970 Daytona Charger. 426ci Hemi, capable of speeds upwards of 180+mph. That would be fun to have.

They're rare to begin with but now most of them are rusted out or modified.

A bone stock EK9 Civic Type R

So rare I can't even find a picture of one.

Would be nice

yes