FNAF BOOK: amazon.com/Five-Nights-Freddys-Silver-Eyes/dp/133813437X
FNAF WORLD: gamejolt.com/games/fnaf-world/124921

>Links
Official Site: scottgames.com
Asset Rips: s.rtag.me/freddy
Fan Booru: 5naf.booru.org
Writing Archive: pastebin.com/fryFnrQ9
Voice Archive: pastebin.com/8mN8gJYP
List of Content Creators: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1clzZcsTzZzZh6EUFR-nmF4F7zHiXTCeB4AehZLF1OHs/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/K5dXmG3u
docs.google.com/document/d/17uFd0-vzya9OtvDYVvDzPDDQyFMLE6BHjlCsbjiPTOk/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/18_sHjD42vp6SXxAPW-KBr5nxGqrCEStwPpcN6moVCbI/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1OjvzmdFeryfBSIyHY9Mjemtczww3UsfcEBtTRglcpJA/edit
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/132750875/#132751331
docs.google.com/document/d/1nznHGeKSckJXBmJywRHBdEHlOTvjhyMaNtixrx6FgaE/edit?usp=sharing
beverage.itch.io/night-shift
pastebin.com/XdBMgmrS
5naf.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=6827
pastebin.com/2fFpi22G
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let the hammer fall a bit too early, eh?

Hair triggers man.

So what's the best one of the ports for android?

World of course!

such a fucking pirate

Buddy I know exactly jack and shit about the mobile games. They never seemed like a good way to experience them.

The fnaf series is good and Scott is a great developer.

>a bunch of redditors came and went
>and still the thred is ded
>and so are the kids

What the fuck is his problem?

Made the mistake of trying to please the kind of people who go to a FNAF subreddit.

Too much pressure on one guy.

There is no problem, his community is unpleasable and has unrealistic standards of him.

Couldn't keep down his crazy.

What exactly did he say that he feels like apologising and stuff? Everything is happening so fast.

Using a community of literal children that needs to be babysat by a mom along with other undesirable demographics for reference and feedback when doing a horror series was his biggest mistake.

It gave him an inflated perspective of how the series actually was doing, both quality-wise and financially. We can add this to an already long list of things reddit has ruined.

Reposting "Red Right Hand"

pastebin.com/K5dXmG3u

Bit of a delay down the production line, Frank will be coming this weekend.

I wish Lolbit would escape through my computer monitor and crush my head, finally freeing me of this cursed existence.

I wish a giant fembot would step on my house and rid me of having to see what's happened to this series.

Catering to literal children and redditors.
Milking the living fuck out of his franchise.
Not realizing what made the original game so damn great, and deviating further and further from it.
Listening to reddit, ever.

>Not realizing what made the original game so damn great, and deviating further and further from it.
I'm ok with this. Rather than making the same game over and over again, he experimented every time to find new ways to make the experience scary.

It really is a delicate balance that needs to be maintained. Doing something new is better than doing something old, but making something good is better than making something bad.

>Rather than making the same game over and over again
Ironically, the sequels are actually more formulaic as a result of his deviation from the original game, as they all put a greater emphasis on narrative and a retconned plot twist. Subsequently, they tend to follow a similar beat breakdown, like an M Night Shyamalon movie. And the focus on twists has left the series worse off. It's no wonder he's had a hard time with 6, he'd need a continuity reboot to unravel the contradictions and plot holes that adding multiple restaurants, incidents, and characters into the timeline have created.

Had he stuck with the original game, which put horror first and foremost, the series would be objectively superior and more likely to have had a good narrative. Provided he wasn't relying on MatPat and his ilk or children for feedback. A creepy story is better than a confusing, meandering mess. Just compare a story written by Thomas Ligotti or Harlan Ellison to either of the books Scott and Kira have put out.

>he experimented every time to find new ways to make the experience scary
Half of 2's designs, as well as 3 and 4 all follow the "zombie look=better" design. They might look cooler on a school binder, I'll give you that. But they fail on a horror level compared to the original game's, which were actually inspired by real-world animatronics, and their uncanniness. Edginess is the general design tenet for the second game onward.

Your post brings to mind all the horror franchises that jump the shark by trying to be "new", by purposefully going out of it's way to ignore the original and why it succeeded.

FNAF 2 was the moment FNAF jumped the shark and landed itself in the direct to video clearance shelf.

yo I can't fucking believe this place still exists
I haven't been a regular since right before fnafworlds, so how have you all been?
Have the shitstorms been getting better or worse?
Was Ghost Quest ever finished and does anyone have an archive?
Has Vawfag ever drawn anything that looks as good as that one femtrap in 2015?
Did GMF ever come back?
What are the biggest artist projects/collabs that I've missed?
Is Fatz fucking dead / what became of that Noir AU?
Also sorry artists that I didn't mention.
It's not you, it's me.

Basically: please spoonfeed this lazy sack of shit user

I preferred Purple Guy as some guy just doing what he does for unknown reasons, not some Doctor Evil-level villain who had his daughter die so now he's making death robots.

>how have you all been?
Bad boys, punish us please
>shitstorms been getting better or worse
Worse, don't ask. CDF and Springinator were blessings
>GQ
Ghostquest was finished, I don't have the archive on me. He also started a gaiden quest but didn't finish it.
Dunno who Vawfag is
GMF might've come back once but not permanently
The biggest collab isn't even between artists. Weaver and a writefag wrote the most successful story since the general started.
Fatz is dead.

I preferred when the Bite was just an ominous background event. The name of the incident told you all you needed to know, but kids fixated on it because of the "deepest lore". It took them twenty years to make a movie about how that dog ended up getting assimilated in The Thing, while it took Scott three months to make an asspull about an offhand line that was most likely improvised.

This series reminds me of Star Wars, where the fans are obsessed with making media for every single character or incident. Except if after A New Hope we got a movie about Han Solo making the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs. And then after that was a movie about how they got the death star plans. And then we get Empire somewhere between that, but Lucas cans the series because he feels "disappointed" by what the geeks on Wookiepedia think about the series.

I guess we can attribute this to Scott literally trying to please an audience with worse taste in story and horror than the dumbasses watching The Walking Dead every week.

I also liked it when we knew fucknothing about the lore, only the Joy of Creation, the bite, and other things. Scott really fucked up on these aspects. Though really, how would you do a FNaF game? I would like to hear it.

>Ghost Quest Archive
1-16: docs.google.com/document/d/17uFd0-vzya9OtvDYVvDzPDDQyFMLE6BHjlCsbjiPTOk/edit
17: docs.google.com/document/d/18_sHjD42vp6SXxAPW-KBr5nxGqrCEStwPpcN6moVCbI/edit
18-21+playable portion of epilogue: docs.google.com/document/d/1OjvzmdFeryfBSIyHY9Mjemtczww3UsfcEBtTRglcpJA/edit
The rest of the epilogue doesn't seem to be archived by Ghost, but can be found here boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/132750875/#132751331

Deep thoughts.

I wouldn't use minigames, and I wouldn't do prequels that focus on answering questions.
Something that goes for a more intimate story,
with an antagonist like a rogue Phone Guy or a parent who came in at night, trying to find their child. Not exclusively those two of course. They just come to mind as following the moodier, more somber atmosphere of the first game.

There's an inherent psychological horror in the animatronics, at least in the first game. They're manic, violent, and their screeching doesn't sound sane. I think if you want me to be more specific on what I would like to see in a sequel, something that shows us why becoming an animatronic would be a bad thing, or at least being one. I think there's far more potential in that for horror than there is in exploring random events from the first game. You could combine this with the antagonist ideas mentioned above. Did the parent's child purposefully force them into this existence, out of anger or loneliness? Is it even their child inside the robot, or is it so far gone it can't recognize their mom and dad?

I'd go for a similar approach, perhaps similarly to what one user wanted to do a few threads ago.
>Seven nights
>All of them get slowly more mental as it progresses
>Phone guy of the game never truly goes into how you ward off the animatronics, but it's subtle enough for you to know what to do against them
>Some animatronics can actually steal your shit if you let them get in (say for instance a flashlight or your tablet that allows you to view the cameras), but can't kill you, and use them against you if they get them
>Maybe a feature where you can look into the eyes of the animatronics that survey the area
>Hallucinations end up revealing that the animatronics are possessed by a night guard who died on the night shift from unknown reasons
>Final story night is the night guard's ghost making everything in your mind go full mental, everything's disgusting, and he's the only guy who goes against you, taking the form of an endoskeleton that seems to have bits of it be organic flesh and other bits be metal, but you can't tell where those parts start and end
>Minigames only show up on the extras screen as a time waster
>Story ends with the ghost finally making sense, and getting peace with you

>Except if after A New Hope we got a movie about Han Solo making the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs.
One of the books explained it before Disney reincarnated the canon.

>And then after that was a movie about how they got the death star plans.
The most recent movie was this.

It's almost eerie how your examples actually came to pass eventually.

There was a game about the Death Star plans, too.
Though the difference is that these explanations inhabited a nebulous state of canon. Maybe that's what Scott should've done with the books, instead of TSE and TTO.
Put all the dumb lore and spoilers he could think of into an Expanded Universe, and keep doing horror with the games.

>Though the difference is that these explanations inhabited a nebulous state of canon
>nebulous
No they didn't, it was pretty clear. Canon unless contradicted by the movies, which then take precedence. Everyone understood.

To all 3 people lurking the thread right now: With Scott planning on making more spinoff games, what would your ideal spinoff game be like? Also, disregarding Scott's game-making skills, what would your ideal fangame be like?

>shitstorm status
Some OCfags have some really bad grudges, and that's leaked into the thread and either they are perpetuating it or user just liked being able to stir up shit, it's been awful lately, but there are good days.
>GQ Finished
Yes, and that other user threw up an archive, goes really scifi towards the end so prewarning. Had a sequel in GhostQuest Gaiden that ended mid-first session because he had a severe sinus infection.
>Vaw draw anything as good as the femtrap
He comes irregularly, but I'd say he's as good as ever. Hit up that booru, it's still updated regularly.
>Did GMF come back
Quest was too stressful for her, she's moved onto Zootopia and TMNT. Left on good terms at least.
>Biggest projects missed
Beverage made a game, Foxy Gets Hooked came out, Weaver and Pokemaniacal finished Roommates at 50 full chapters and it dominated the thread for a while.
>Is Fatz dead
Not 100% but close, he shows up every other month to draw a thing or two.

GhostQuest Gaiden was archived as well for what little was done of it: docs.google.com/document/d/1nznHGeKSckJXBmJywRHBdEHlOTvjhyMaNtixrx6FgaE/edit?usp=sharing

Exactly, with things like G-canon and S-Canon so on.
The important detail to note here is that Lucas, and the other people working on the movies, never gave much attention to the books, comics, or games. He even mentioned once that he thought of it as kind of like an alternate universe. That's how we ended up with Mandalorian wank, incidentally.

As simple as it sounds, I would happily shell out five dollars for a vaster, huger version of Foxy's Fighters. Let me choose from more pilots with different stats and local co-op. Levels based on his old games like Desolate Hope and Chipper, as well as levels based on FNAF 1-5, just toned down to fit the goofy arcadey tone. Balloon Boys lobbing balloons at you, Freddy Heads from FNAF2 pulling Medusa Head movements against you, with boss fights being massive animatronics you have to shoot down. Lots of dialogue to fit the tone, bring Rainbow back as a secret last boss. Maybe make the hitbox on the plane smaller. I would be stoked.

Lucas played favourites with the EU, ignoring more or less the rest. But he'll sometimes he'll use stuff (ex. Coruscant).

>ideal spinoff game
An old-school FPS where you run through Afton Robotics, mowing down hoards of robots and cyborg abominations along the way, while things get weirder and weirder to explain how damn big the place is.
>ideal fangame
You work at a wax museum, and creepy shit like pic related happens.

This one: beverage.itch.io/night-shift

Christ, that's creepy. With the way FNAF games work, I assume the wax statues would sometimes move when you aren't looking at them?

How is this series so popular? The concept and execution always looked super shitty to me, but after hearing the guy responsible is stepping back from the latest game because he fucking hates the series I had to look and there are like five fucking games over the course of two years. How the fuck is this guy churning out games in the course of a couple months and still making such a stupidly popular product? Call of Duty is basically rehashed shit but it's an ANNUAL installment and this guy was releasing on a monthly basis.

Mostly because he caters to children, who are notorious for gobbling up even the most rancid of shit. There are still good parts to all the games, but as a whole the franchise warrants a pretty resounding 'meh'. It's hard to find actual enjoyment in them unless you like that kind of game.

I think it works based on the principle that when you give people something with defined yet very vague characteristics, they rush to fill in the gaps. Some people find that annoying. In FNAF's case, with its (originally) bare bones story and lack of any obvious explanations, more people find it way past cool.

ded thred
ded kids

i'm so burnt out from lack of sleep i barely even interact with my computer at this hour

So is she plotting to be the Cream Queen and overthrow the queen?

>so how have you all been?
Limping along since around January-febuaryish, a good chunk of people left.
>Have the shitstorms been getting better or worse?
Shitstorms from the said months have caused people to leave. People refuse to let that shit go though even though it caused people to leave.
>Was Ghost Quest ever finished and does anyone have an archive?
It's finished, it's got mixed reception towards the end and as a whole.
>Has Vawfag ever drawn anything that looks as good as that one femtrap in 2015?
Vaw has done some good work, hit that booru up to see if anything has interested you.
>Did GMF ever come back?
She gave us nude bird some time ago, but never a full return. With she would come back but to each there own.
>What are the biggest artist projects/collabs that I've missed?
Roommates was a collab between Poke and Weaver, has over 50 chapters. Though they are down at the moment while they fix them up.
Beverage and a few others have been trying to make games, but only Bev has got something out right now.
There was also a Fight AU where OCfags got to submit their idea for a fighter in a AU that the whole thread could participate in. There were problems with it and it eventually got dropped.
Also some holiday collab pictures were made too.
>Is Fatz fucking dead / what became of that Noir AU?
I don't think anything became of it, he's not dead and still comes around from time to time.
>Also sorry artists that I didn't mention.
We also got some new OCfags since 2015 if you can believe that.

Hope this helps.

I hope her creamy coup is successful against the muscle queen

>autism

I always liked how clean these looked.

Guess I know what I'm marathoning next, too.

>bigger version of Foxy Fighters
Yes please

That last panel was comfy as fuck

I just want a game were Chica is actually relevant. Is that too much to ask?

Yes.

pastebin.com/XdBMgmrS
I tried to write a thing. Sadly I can only seem to write in greentext so...yeah. It turned out way longer than what was allowed

>When your robots are objectively smarter than you are.

I just want a game were Freddy Fazbear is actually relevant. Is that too much to ask?

Also if anyone reads it, let me know what you think? I could always stand to improve and the thread's pretty dead anyways.

I liked it. I feel like not a lot of stories deal with the endos, which is a shame because, hah, they provide the structure for most of FNAF.

Nice tension with the suit reveal, not knowing how much is left in there and what we're going to see, plus Bonnie's unknown motives.

Could have used more detail on the period with Endo under the desk, I would have though the guard would be curious or take the chance to examine it further, since he did mention his intention was to help them.

You dun good.

Hello
Who this?

Thanks. I'll try to flesh out that part in a bit, but I don't want to flood the thread with pastebin links so I'll probably hold back

Very few of the animatronics have actually been relevant in a game since FNAF 1. The only reason they kept appearing in 3 and 4 was because kids were into Freddy and the rest of the characters too much for Scott to put in something new.

It's sort of hard to criticize stuff like pacing and editing when it's all done in greentext. I've always viewed that format more as a means of solidifying an idea than actually displaying it, though there are exceptions.
Conceptually, I thought it was alright. One of the robots trying to commune with Mike through stripping is an interesting idea. Unfortunately, you didn't really go anywhere with it. Nothing particularly profound or engaging happened, and without some kind of cohesive conceit or meaningful insight from the experience, the story comes off as little more than a series of events. I'll praise you for doing a solid job laying the groundwork to the world, but that alone isn't enough to keep most people entertained.

What was up wit this tree or wathever it was supposed to be?

Daddy looks nice here.

Scott doesn't know.
I'd guess it was some alternate dimension that the restaurant turned into or something.

I'd hug_ this fredders.

I'd fug_ that bonnie
while giving fredders full eye contact

I want to boop that rabbit's cooch on that couch.

My man.

Are there any good new fics? I haven't been here since Sister Lactation.

I don't remember a 2014 one, but there was one that happened in January. It's on the booru under fighting game.

Depends. What are you into?

When will Scott give Freddy a chainsaw for a hand? He might as well have some fun with the characters.

smut

5naf.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=6827
wow this is so nostalgic for me
three years ago FUCK

No smut here. This is a clean, christian image-board.

Why didn't you just post the actual gif?

Because a gif wouldn't have the date it was added to the booru on it.

>just withdrawals, lass
>that biting comment in panel 6
That's some nice foreshadowing of the normally affable Foxy getting hostile when sober.
>Mike and Freddy holding hands
Chicken and Bunny fags btfo.
I want to boop that chicken's breast on that roost

I liked the idea that Bonnie just wanted a break and though the removing of the suit was a good way at conveying 'for tonight I'm just like you' without speaking. My one real complaint would be that once Bonnie settled in for the night nothing happened, having the other animatronics peering in through the windows and reacting to their traitor would have gone a long way. The ending was neat and I liked that the reason for Bonnie taking refuge in the office was unexplained as well as Bonnie explaining that it was a one-time thing.

If you do have another story in you my advice would be to actually write it out over greentext and maybe to get an account so the writefag archive's not so cluttered.

What I like is that there have been hints in his older comics about Foxy's darker mood swings. It makes the whole thing feel a lot more planned out than I originally gave him credit for.

Anyone remembers this artist? They made art and animated gifs that had a "Don Bluth" feeling to them. To be honest if all felt traced, but I could never verify it.
In this gif, for example, the guard looks a lot like the main character from the game Brain Dead 13, but I watched the whole playthrough and couldn't find a single scene that could have been traced into this.

Yeah the guy has the style perfectly captured but doesn't trace or duplicate scenes from movies. Only emulates their feel.

Looks like fucking garbage desu senpai.

Just a reminder that Mangle loves you

I wanted to color this for some time and finally got around to doing it. I hope Snax doesn't mind. Also the bust for Grapely was done before by Mizu so a thanks to her as well as Snax.

There are two versions, one without the overlaps and one with. Any feedback is welcomed.

Part two with the overlaps filled in.

This actually seems alright. I don't really know how you did this or how much work you put into it, maybe you just used a paint bucket or something I don't know, but it does look nice.

No paint bucket, don't really like how that colors sometimes, colored everything behind the transparent linework. And it took a few days in-between college and whatnot. And thank you.

reposting, last time i posted this at a bad time
pastebin.com/2fFpi22G

Cute story, looking forward to part 2

ded thred
ded kids