>simpler
>can use the other hand
>no human can shift as fast a computer
>safer
>more enjoyable to drive

>can't afford a different shitbox right now

>more enjoyable to drive
That one's wrong.

I have a small and cheap car which i bought used, even if i bought it from factory i would take the manual because there is only a sluggish 80s tier 4 speed automatic.
Also it’s a little fun to drive manual but of course it also sucks most of the time

My next car is going to be automatic

>tfw wife will be driving it too

>more efficient
Depends on the driver and the type of automatic. A CVT is more efficient but a 6 speed slushbox or DCT will be no more efficient than a 6 speed manual.
>simpler
Lolno
>can use free hand
Same as a manual on a motorway then, in town or on B-roads you should have both hands on the wheel anyway.
>shift speed
Who cares? Unless you have a GPS-aided transmission it can't anticipate the road ahead, and shift speeds are irrelevant outside a track.
>safer
Lolno
>enjoyable
Lolno

Automatic is gay
If you are heel toeing while DDing then you're a fucking soft cock poser and should really consider picking up another hobby. Homoerotic manga fanfic seems more up your ally if you drive avtomat.

>are
Was meant to be rnt.
Sorry for English.

You can drive a manual on normal roads without heel-and-toe'ing once. I use the technique once or twice on my route home because I take a twisty way back but you don't need to do it at all.
If you're driving to an advanced driving system it's actually discouraged because you're supposed to break the motion of changing gear down into separate phases.

My cars are auto but they can both be changed manually, there is just no clutch.

>using the clutch as a brake instead of heel and toe downshifting to save the clutch

jesus m8 end ur life

Most people live their entire lives without heel toeing. And it's cringy as fuck,
Getting into a manual car as the passenger when the driver can't properly downshift is pathetic.

You can rev match without heel and toe you fucking idiot, that's just a part of normal downshifting. Heel-and-toe is when you brake and rev match simultaneously

>Coming up to a corner
>Do nothing
>Slow down
>Exit corner chugging
>Look like a retard when people hear you downshift after the corner

Nice one doofus.

Or
>Aproach corner painfully slowly
>Downshift and hold stupid revs
>leave corner to upshift again in 2 seconds
>Look like a retard

OR
>Approach corner like the sports car driver you are
>Heel toe flawlessly
>Pedestrian females get wet at the sound of a properly executed heel toe
>Get on the power mid corner because you drive a RWD supreme spots car
>Blast away
>Be the talk of the town

Your choice faggot. Keep not knowing how to drive.

Yeah but you can't actually use your brake and rev match at the same time can you user?
it's ok to be weak willed.

As much as your trolling to some degree I agree with this, as much as I love manuals I've learned to appreciate DSG/tiptronic/SMG/dual clutch sequential. In general they are faster, just as reliable, and give me all the control I need, my one complaint is that I quite like having clutch control in the winter since at least from my experience they seem to have a tendency to spin tires hard on launch in slick conditions especially snow. That said I also don't find them as fun, but as an overall "is it actually better", yeah they probably are. Fuck traditional torque converter autos and CVT's tho, shits homo.

What I normally do is
>clutch
>blip throttle
>on brake as I bring the clutch up
>off brake and clutch fully up 5-10 yards before the bend/corner
Works every time and your approach speed should be dead on.
If I'm really hooning it then I will heel-and-toe but it's not an ideal technique for if you're just making normal progress

There's no need to do it every fucking time you drop a cog
Nothing wrong with it but if you're driving well within the limits (of the car, not the legal limit) it's not really necessary

>never heel toe because car auto rev matches
i'm not too prideful to use that convenience

>Overly complicate your foot work based on the false idea that heeltoeing is not good for daily driving
I used to believe heel toeing was only for extreme driving, because that's when it's easiest do so smoothly when you're learning.
But I have been heel toeing to every single stop for the past 5 years and it's the best thing I have ever learned to do in my entire life.
It's easy and natural once you get used to it.
I double clutch into second for good measure, one of my cars essentially requires it.

If you don't want to drive your car, just admit it. Don't try to call it a convenience.
Just say "I don't like driving manual properly and fully"

The thing is, the consensus for advanced driving (this is shared by first responders, police pursuit drivers etc) is that not heel-and-toeing is more conducive to driving fast safely.
The idea is that by breaking the manouevre down into as many phases as possible you are thinking about what the vehicle is doing much further in advance, so if you're approaching a tight bend at high speed you are thinking about getting into the correct gear with the vehicle balanced correctly (this is the important bit) well before you actually perform the manoeuvre. If you're braking hard and trying to rev match a block downshift simultaneously while trying to drive at high speed safely, it's much harder, especially in adverse conditions.
Obviously there's nothing wrong with heel-and-toeing but there are perfectly valid reasons not to.

>auto rev match isn't a convenience
what is it then?

All things wrong
Shift lock out solenoid dies
Have to use key in that tiny hole everytime
Everytime

Computer denies neutral drops for mad burnouts
No fun
Leave in manual mode 1st gear trying to tach out for most fastest... Shifts before i want it to wtf!
Mfw realize its just an illusion of control

Some e-shifters dont even allow you to choose 1st gear... Bunch of electro nannies telling me how to drive.

Manual=Freedom

>>better fuel mileage
objectively incorrect for basically any car older than 2010
>>simpler
absolutely untrye
>>can use the other hand
for what? I guarantee its off the wheel no more than anyone driving an automatic.
>>no human can shift as fast a computer
So?
>>safer
citation?
>>more enjoyable to drive
subjective and irrelevant

/bait