Why do pick up drivers drive like morons?

Why do pick up drivers drive like morons?

because they can and you can't do a thing about it.

Because a large part of them drive vehicles that they dont need that have poor handling characteristics, are relatively large and sub-par visibility from the cabin?

Wrong. A pickup truck has the best visibility of all vehicles on the road. And my truck handles just fine thanks to its 315 wide tires.

Gonna do something about the bouncy castle suspension?

user, it came from the factory with double wishbone ifs.
The front stays planted, and the rear will slide out first in an over-G situation.

>drive like morons
>like

I think you've got it all wrong OP

I don’t know how it is in the states but where i live they don’t sell these pickups, the people that import them idolize the stereotype of the ignorant southern hick. I believe they think that people think that driving aggresively but also laid back in a dumb mouthbreathing cousinfucker kind of a way is cool and masculine.

For example, i was driving like 10 at night on the highway, there was one car ahead of me, a pickup truck comes on the on ramp and instead of just going in behind the other car he speeds full throttle out in front of it so the other car has to brake. Then he proceeds to drive under the speed limit because his mother sucked off blacks for heroin when pregnant.

In my country if cars are merging onto the freeway and you are in their path you are supposed to move the fuck over and let them in not sit there like you own the fucking road.

You didn’t see it, the car was driving past the on ramp and instead of just keeping his pace the pickup floored it to get out in front of the car.

N=1

because if they crash into you you're dead. why do they give a fuck?

id have done the same while flipping the bird and pissing out the window

What a man

because it's such a utilitarian ride, we've got to cut a corner here and there to make the trip any bit comfy

>no power steering
>manual transmission
>no cupholders
>turn signals are broken
>parking brake is a bitch to dis-engage
>exhaust broken
>no AC
>no heat
>no suspension

just wreck me and help me out in life, please. i have insurance, i just need you to hit me.

>idolizing southern hicks
Why is this allowed?

this sounds like a classic woman on a cellphone.
only realizing problems at the last minute, flustered response, no attention paid to the world around her once there's nobody ahead of her.

True, it seemed like too much of an active choice for it to have just been carelessness tho.

what factors would suggest that though? did he shout "whoo!" out the window?

i'm not trying to give you a hard time i'm just genuinely curious

it would have been an active choice, if you can't see a car coming onto an on ramp maybe you should not drive.
for him to be coming onto the freeway the car in front of you would have seen him coming for at least a few hundred meters and had plenty of time to move over for them but chose not to being an arse hole.
the only options for the truck driver in the situation you described was to slow down, merge then speed back up or to go faster and fuck the idiot off for the rest of the night.

which sounds like a better choice?

The thing is that he didn’t have to move over, he wasn’t obstructing him in any way. The pickup didn’t have to do anything but chose to do the absolute dumbest thing you possibly can for no reason at all

>Truck
>Handles just fine

There is no such thing as a truck with good handling. The pure physics of center of gravity and weight completely disallow this. Sure, a truck can be made into a roadworthy vehicle, but that's about as far as they can go. Drive a Miata and then understand what handling is.

Was this really worth bumping the thread for?

They have an irrational fear of getting passed. Any time they can intentionally get in your way and prevent you from lane changing in front of them they will.

And the thing is once you get past them you aren't even in their way because they can't drive fast.

Anybody here who drives a crew cab unironically should honestly just chill the fuck out. Mmkay?