What's the best cleaner to remove puke from white car seats?

What's the best cleaner to remove puke from white car seats?

Should I get a Rug Doctor?
So far I cleaned with scrubbing bubbles, but it's still discolored, and the fabric weave turned blackish.

Other urls found in this thread:

folex.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>white car seats

Who the fuck kinda Miami Vice muthafucka you think you is?

You should probably prepare for the eventuality that itll never come out
How is the smell? Thats usually the biggest issue with vomit

>letting four loko drinkers anywhere near your car

>using a bathroom cleaning product to clean car seats

>

OP here, I found a car detailer shop that have a steam vacuum, they can clean it for $25.

Will post before and after

It wasnt 4loko, but cheap booze with color dye that made things worse.

Going to get it cleaned in a few hours, here is the before

>white

This is taupe, not white.

>So far I cleaned with scrubbing bubbles
Very Wrong type of cleaner for car seats. That stuff is for hard surfaces and can chemically damage some types of fabrics. And scrubbing should not ever be done as it drives puke material deeper down and through the fabric liner that holds the nap. At that point, it gets into the padding.

You said best, so that means a spot cleaning machine or even a rug doctor if you have one. Spot cleaning machines by Bissel and Stanley Black&Decker are sold at various major stores such as Walmart, Target, and Lowes. I use an old Bissel one bought at Costco in the 1990's and it still hasn't broken down. Is it because it was made in the USA? The new ones are all chinese made.

>and the fabric weave turned blackish.
It's growing mold due to the mold and bacteria colonizing it.

If you have a wet/dry shop vac, you can use that instead of a rug doctor type machine for spot cleaning a car seat. First lightly spray some isopropyl alcohol to denature the protein bonds that bacteria and mold use to firmly stick to surfaces and resist removal. 91% is good (sam's club or walmart) but 70% is okay. Then apply your cleaning solution while sucking up with the thin pipe wand end. No need to use a brush as the hard plastic edge ends will provide enough physical agitation. Keep on spraying generously while sucking.

Keep on swishing the suction end across the fabric while spraying and it will gradually get out the contaminant. You might repeat the alcohol spray too. Use common sense and think about what you are doing as you clean. If you approach cleaning with the same sort of carelessness that got puke into your car, then who knows what happens?

If properly cleaned, the smell remains gone because there is no more residue. If you fucking scrubbed hard and drove the puke into the padding, then it will always smell until you clean that padding.

*continued*

>but it's still discolored,
If after cleaning with that detailer shop's steam cleaner and you still see color, they will probably suggest you let them clean that. They'll probably use something like FOLEX which is what one of my local car detailer shops use.

Folex works pretty good on all light colored fabrics and not just rugs. It's often used for puke stains where someone at something colorful and puked it up on a rug, porous leather, or fabric. It is sold at Lowes. The Lowes store has quite a few different stain cleaning products, but I recommend Folex.

Or it was white until people with dirty clothing and smoggy sooty city air caused the fabric to become taupe. People with white fabric seats have to always spot clean the seats or use seat covers for casual use situations.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. Just picked up the car, paid $10. It's still wet, and discolored, but looks cleaner. I will take your advice, and touch up when I'm home.

It should get lighter as it dries.

Oxy clean a good start?

Found Folex at Jewel.

Foaming car upholstery cleaner works good on my stains but i don't know how it would work on throw up

Folex
folex.net

That's what I bought

This wouldn't even be white in Argentina.

>Oxy clean a good start?
Stuff like mildly hygroscopic oxyclean (and detergents) need to be rinsed out thoroughly or you get a "magnetic" effect where it hangs on to moisture, grime, bacteria, mold, and atmospheric contaminants.

Op here
Cleaned it with alcohol, and Folex. It's pretty clean. Some discoloration.

Puke got on 3 out of 4 bolt mounts, had to take the seat out. Remove the rest flap, tons of puke there. Hopefully the smell will be gone overnight. It's faint.

Take the seats out of the car and pressure wash them.
this is how dealerships get that shit out.
t. used to detail cars at a dealership

>Some discoloration.
That's why Scrubbing Bubbles and some other types of chlorinated bathroom cleaners shouldn't be used on unknown untested fabrics. Some of the plasticizers are affected by certain cleaners.

picture: cross-section of a Lexus LS430 car seat

303 carpet/upholstery cleaner and spot remover, acecpt no substitutes.

>pressure wash them
Sure, if you have 3 days to let them dry, and no electronics.

What else can I do to remove the dark spots?

The dark spots appear to be just how light reflects. If I press on the fabric, they go away

Bump

So, is it a case of the nap being raised up by the cleaning or from chemical damage by the strong bathroom cleaner?

>That's why Scrubbing Bubbles and some other types of chlorinated bathroom cleaners shouldn't be used on unknown untested fabrics.
Some bathroom surface cleaners contain small amounts of sodium or potassium hydroxide. That's good for fading away iron and dark mildew stains on hard surfaces and grout, but can damage fabrics. It's why not just any random stain remover can be used anywhere to remove a stain.

Scrubbing Bubbles shouldn't have done that, i used it before. It didn't leave a stain.

There are other dirty spots on that interior from regular has that appears the same way. I think the threads just get all napped up, and reflect light differently.