/assg/ - Asymmetrical Slasher Series General

>why the FUCK is shiftgrab allowed?!
Dumb devs is the answer to all questions: Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this August, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1354868867711911000/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

>Latest Patch Notes (F13)
steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/2333276539598578047/

I-is that a dead thread?:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/CrystalLakeCrusaders
steamcharts.com/app/438740
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for DbD and F13 both being shit.

Just grinded pretty much every survivor for the perk build I wanted. Which survivor should I main now?

Dwight or no balls.

>crouching to cabin
>stealth activated jason shift grabs me and instantly uses choke
>no counterplay
b-b-buts its ok because movie right? who needs gameplay!

>queue for f13
>make food, still no match
>watch jackass 1 and 2
>still no match
>go to bathroom
>find match, everyone has 200+ ping
>close f13

>>>/dead by daylight/

I want to main Killer because I got bored of being survivor. I tried out some of the killers and I'm leaning towards Trapper for my main. Any essential perks I should have for him? And which of the killers should I grind?

What? I'm talking about F13.

>queue for f13
>find match straight away
>my ping is 30 while everyone else has 200+ ping
this is the one game where it's great to be an australian

(You)

Get Trapper to level 35 for Brutal Strength and pick up Nurses Calling in the shrine.

>muh can't beat jason

So do you actually think it's okay for Jason to be broken in a unfun way? What makes the survivors have fun by having a instakill thats unavoidable?

is there any reason not to just instantly disconnect if the jason knows to put traps in front of every objective and knows how to telegrab?

>>crouching to cabin
5$ says you were playing one of the characters that dont even need to crouch

don't instantly disconnect, draw his attention and spam window jump and table loop until your team escaped, then disconnect once he grabs you
i play chad for outrageous stun time, or lachappa for meme time

>What makes the survivors have fun by having a instakill thats unavoidable?
Avoiding it by not being a retard lone wolf AJ
Do you know what the "a" in /assg/ stand for? DO YOU?

>unavoidable
This is bait, but I'm still going to bite
Find a pocketknife
or
Stop trying to lone wolf
or
Stop complaining that stealth was used against you
or
Accept the fact that you aren't the dev's special little survivor, and that you're gonna die sometimes

>inb4 pocketknives are rare
>inb4 stalk shift is broken
>inb4 backer or killercuck or whatever buzzword you wanna throw

Reminder that all 8 Paramount Friday the 13th movies are in a 20$ collection on Amazon right now

I juke Shift all the time dude, so much so that the people I play with dont even rely on it anymore
New Jason meta on PS4 is using Stalk creatively

Do I get any hex totem-based perks? I was planning on using perks like Whispers and Brutal Strength in my Trapper build.

>using inb4 for actual respones
okay gun sucker.

not an argument

My arguments are all the things you listed after >inb4
Jason's supposed to be a retarded zombie that can't die, not a dishonored protagonist

Ruin is pretty good but you need Thrill of the Hunt if you want it to last more than 5 seconds.

Seems like you're upset you got outplayed and you came here to throw a tantrum
>Jason stalkshifts to you
>doesn't want to deal with you breaking free maybe -grip strength or some other shit
>probably has other objectives to worry about
>chokes you because it's fastest and easiest and lets him get back to doing his job

but i'm sure you're a good counselor who dindu nuffin wrong and that the mean old jason was just being mean to you specifically
and yet here you are getting upset over dying in a videogame designed in a way that only a few counselors get out alive. this isn't like dead by daylight where there's fewer, so their survivability is increased, there's 7 or so counselors, therefore, it's inevitable some are going to die

You were just one of those. Get over it

are you a gun dev or actually this retarded?

Counselers ARE the objective for Jason retard.

But keep defending deviant art Jason neckbeard.

>spawn in the phone house
>find the fuse in the first drawer
>call the cops
>hide under a bed and alt tab for 5 minutes
Riveting gameplay

Inb4 is a Veeky Forums classic GTFO
The day inb4 is uncool but people still posy fucking pepe is the day I leave

Fuck, guess that means I gotta grind Hag.

You have to explain WHY you think hes retarded or your post becomes ineffective background noise
Lrn24chan

spawning in the phone house is actually terrible if the jason isn't retarded and knows to teleport there immediately

The video black lives matter doesn't want you to see

Once you get to the try hard ranks you might want to consider getting enduring off of Hillbilly.

Stalk kills are the most satisfying and the game should be built more around it

So if i understood correctly, asymmetrical slashers are like Evolve but not being utter shit?

Hmm, alright. I hope it's in the next shrine though.

>counselor guide says My Dads a Cop is too situational
I feel like I call the cops more than half the time is medic really worth it more than that?

>jason instantly senses me from miles away when im crouching with no fear as lachappa
>runs straight to me
>tunnels me for 6 minutes
>D/C when he grabs me
isn't lachappa supposed to be high stealth?

The only things stopping Jason from sensing you are hiding spots and perks. Stealth only reduces noise pings

How do I report people in F13?

It says it stops jason's ability to sense, so either the devs are shit or you're wrong

Isn't friday the 13th supposed to have dedicated servers? Why is everything p2p?

Why did I waste money on Friday the Shitteenth when I could have bought two copies of Dead by Daylight

I know right, I love having a gook Jason miss his shiftgrab. Australians can demask most Jasons pretty easily with our dedicated servers.

Why are dbd shills such cry babies lmao.

>the f13 community is still on fire
what the fuck it hasn't blown over yet?

pol double speak really manipulates people easily

/pol/ will kill Friday the 13th

/pol/ is good then, cause F13 is unbalanced shit

I dun made a group for F13 idiots like me who are tired of playing with Eastern-European squeakers

steamcommunity.com/groups/CrystalLakeCrusaders

how would you even balance f13?

blocking flairs, traps gone
combat stancing doors gone
hitting people through doors gone
trap stacking gone
phone needs power to work
part 7 forces the boat to spawn
savinis stats are copied onto a new jason
counselor xp total buffed
thick skin nerfed
perks fixed
item bug fixed
composure buffed
strength buffed
sense spam nerfed
stalk buffed
jason can only use his 4 executes once perk game
they give half as much xp as environmental but more than melee which gives only a 25% as much as xp as environmental
Tommy spawns with pocket knife

I don't think that would be enough
curious to see what the death/escape ratio is on an average game of over level 41's is

>all these noobs mad at lone wolf gameplay

Reminder that they're fixing facecamping

I agree with most of those. I don't think Jason should be limited to one use of his executes but give them a cooldown.

People should still be hurt when standing near a door being broken, since it makes sense.

But everything else is a great idea. I wish the devs had your insight.

>driver stopped his car for me to board
>get caught by Jason as a result
>both of us died

s-sorry

>play as chad
>thick skin, medic, window climbing perk
>find a big house
>play a game of chasing and climbing through windows for 15 minutes straight

Pretty sure window climbing perk is broken or sucks. Use baseball bat stun time perk.

>either the devs are shit
>Gun Media
You answered your own question, my friend. But yeah, Sense is only effected by Perks and hiding spots. It isn't the first time the Devs have been completely full of shit, either. Remember that the durability perk has actually been tested and does absolutely nothing, even at max rarity. And that a High Composure can be a curse because while CHad might lose his shit in a second, he gathers himself back five times faster than Composure Slut who has to wait for the spook meter to empty.

All this shit has been tested, the reason the game has such little info about how shit works isn't to keep the games "mystique" it's because a lot of the shit doesn't work, how you'd presume or how they describe it.
It's a black box so you can't see how shit everything is.

So fear affects your skill checks.

I had never realized, because I don't put in too many parts as Jenny, but the top wheel was before Jason appeared, and the bottom wheel was just after he morphed over.

Interesting.

>People should still be hurt when standing near a door being broken

I think user was likely referring to this foolishness.

How would you feel about Dead by Daylight fanfiction? I've got some stuff in mind and I don't mean like anything too huge or ridiculous in scope, more like random character building stories.

I'm not sure if it does, you could probably keep reloading the wheel for easier or harder QTE's
someone told me it alerts jason when you do but i'm to lazy to test it so be careful.

If it isnt absurdly bad i'll read it user

I don't think it does. I could be wrong but Jenny isn't very good at repairs either.

I've done it plenty of times and it doesn't alert him to my knowledge.

I did a little test later into the match where we were all goofing around, and after Jason left me alone all the wheels I got had one less skill check than the wheel before it, so I feel like it does. Either that or it's a strange coincidence.

Yeah, Jenny has like 2 repair, it just seemed odd that the number of skill checks would change at all.
Makes me wonder if her high composure has an affect on her skill checks when she isn't scared.

you can chad down to 5 repair by just reloading the QTE wheel

if it's not pizza dwight being raped by the nurse i'm not intrested

No one gives a shit about your ugly characters.

>f13 community seems to be in its death throws
>not even the autistic IM HAVING A GREAT TIME BEING IGNORANT posts are stemming the tide

Good about time gun were made responsible for their fuck ups. anytime they fuck up or are critisied some fuckface feels the need to undermine the need for improvements and change by saying.

OKAY I KNOW THERE'S NOT ALOT OF CONTENT AND THE LAUNCH WAS TERRIBLE BUT THANKS FOR MAKING SUCH A GREAT GAME GUN SO MANY NEGATIVE PEOPLE WHY CAN'T THEY APPRECIATE THIS GREAT GAME.

fucking hate these people

Give us some examples, could be neat.

I've got an idea for fanfiction but im terrible at writing so im too shy to ever try putting on paper.

Those are just the backers trying to justify spending 40+ for this earliest access abomination.

>Death throes
>The actual player count has not actually moved seemingly at all
>The longer that shitstorm has gone on the more people visibly doubting and shitting on Dilly have risen

It's basically just the ribbit and steam forums hugbox going ape and nobody else much cares user. It's the same grandstanding they all do any time there's ~OUTRAGE~ to be had.

>nobody else cares
Are there any other forums that matter?

>nobody else much cares user
who is this nobody else?
the 29 ips in this thread?
where else exactly on the internet does f13 the game actually get discussed at length outside steam and ribit?

>The actual player count has not actually moved seemingly at all
nice try f13 shill
steamcharts.com/app/438740

Pretty much short stories for survivors and killers that either build on them believably without going too far out or stretch what we already know a little bit. First that came to me kind of out of the blue was for a Dwight one.

Told from maybe Jake initially or multiple shifting viewpoints, about how each time they failed, Dwight eventually learned to look at the violence going on better each time, resolving to get (Mentally, emotionally) stronger until they started to man up to become the unofficial leader of their little group like he's loosely supposed to be. The first time they ever all got caught, Dwight almost immediately gave up, clamped his eyes shut and everything went black like it does until they were back at the fire, time after that, they could still hardly look at the people they felt like they'd 'failed' dying and so on until he's taking their trials good and bad as more reason to grow as a leader.

It sounds kind of wanky at parts there I'm sure, but obviously there'd be more written than just that barebones idea so it wouldn't all be Dwight hero worship or something.

Your first mistake was caring about forums at all, they're all equally shit when you have incentives to for you to follow the victim march with upboats or get smothered.

It's been sitting around 4k for a while now dude, it's really not moved in any kind of demonstrable way recently.

This works both ways. If you're bold enough you can stun jason with weapons through doors and walls as well.

you can literally scroll over the graph and check the numbers by days it's almost lost 1k players in a week the ban conditions and dilly dingus shit started around the same time.
I've never seen so one so willfully ignorant when they've literally got the numbers infront of them.
shape up dude.

Not him but I'd argue it's a problem both ways seeing someone stun jason and knock him on his ass through a door just looks silly as hell.
but again this is just my opinion.

I don't know why you're sosure it's because of the Dingus scandal, and not the natural dying process of people getting bored of the same matches happening over and over or twitch stemmurs and their followers moving on.

if your the same guy that just said
>It's been sitting around 4k for a while now dude
pic related

if you aren't just read the forums and take an educated guess.

>30 day average: 4500
>It's current players and 24 hour peak has been a little over 4000

People in general put way too much stock into forums for both good and bad. The majority of players for basically every game there's ever been don't visit the official forums, or rebbit forums, or neofag forums or any of that. The large majority of your average game buyers just play their games either with friends mostly or pub it for laughs.

If you went to DbDs steam forums pretty much any day you'd think the game was in the process of burning to the ground. I don't even own the game but it's literally always been the case that dedicated videogame forums will be melting down over one thing or another. People satisfied with actually playing their game are playing the game and have no reason to go to them most of the time.

yeah of course your average is going to be shit if you start hemorrhaging players because of PR fiascos.
Doesn't change when the decline happened though just look over the last 10 days in comparison to the last 30 days

can you really consider people who never take an interest in the community or even know it exists to be part of it?

I'm a different user. I don't even own the game. I was just thinking the same as most plebs aren't even aware of this bullshit unfolding on the ribbit.

and you know that even warrior exclaiming "I'm boycotting the game" just say that for the updoots, and continue to play the same hours.

I mean yeah kinda? They're still there providing games and making themselves available to fuck around with. "The community" is kind of a nebulous thing a lot of the time when you're not talking about an MMO or similar style of game, when you're unlikely to ever consistently meet people or even have it much matter since it's not a big scale or personally hosted servers kind of game.

Yeah I figured after I got 2 you's
it doesn't matter really if most plebs don't know that, I don't think something like this will kill f13.
but deny its impact or implying the playerbase has always been 4k for ages and it hasn't been accelerated by the Devs fucking up seems to dishonest when the numbers he was talking about not really moving have in fact moved and quite closely to the events in question.

For all we know because we don't have the numbers and pc players are more likely to actually use forums, it's sailing smoothly on consoles.
But there's no way he was referring to anything but steam when he mentioned the numbers because the only detailed account of player numbers only shows steam users.

PS4 at least is still growing. F13 I think has been in the top 3 digital games on psn since release.

People are being drama queens.

DbD might be a terrible fucking example considering it's a game infamous for having terrible frog devs and due to its nature as an asymmetrical game horrible long winded discussions but justified over imbalances.

I don't play mmos any more but outside pvp which suffers the same problems as the prior, pve discussion was usually pretty good and to the point, it was by no means civil but good discussions don't always have to be.

chad doesnt have increased stun time.

his luck doesnt even give a good chance of stunning jason. just be bugsy if you want to be a hero

Okay I got the trapper to level 35
what other killer perks do i need besides brutal strength?