Okay Veeky Forums, I'm seriously considering buying pic related. First thing is, how reliable is the mighty 5.0L L03...

Okay Veeky Forums, I'm seriously considering buying pic related. First thing is, how reliable is the mighty 5.0L L03 ? Unfortunately it seems that I can't get the 5.7 around.
Car has low mileage and only had one owner. Also bear in mind that I'm in Europe so parts may be harder to get around here. Is there any community ?

Any advice are welcome

Reliable but gutless

bulletproof, cheap to repair

but shit mpg and slow

and for the love of god remove those wheels when you buy it

Find a Roadmaster with LT1

Put regular wheels on it, and it will run to the heat death of the universe. The interior may disintegrate before then however.

Wheels will be stock. Thanks for all this, nothing in particular to worry about?

shit mpg, is it really that bad?
As for the Roadmaster, I prefer the Caprice

Those wheels but grey paint

This

Fuck, this reminds me of the time our GM zone rep sent a memo to the techs asking them to "Please refrain from referring to the Roadmaster as a 'Road Bastard', 'Road Turd', or
Rolling Pile of Shit' in your repair tickets."

Wait, they actually allow V8 engines in Europe? I thought all cars over there, imported or otherwise, had to have two-cylinder two-stroke turbo diesels with a maximum displacement of 0.035 litres.

The wagons we're all the same basically. The LT1 350 found in the 1995-96 years are the best. The 5.0 will be ok as is but wouldn't bother modding it.

They make you pay big time to earn the right to drive it around tho

I would have loved that engine on a '91 sedan

>Not liking 100 spokes.

Shit taste.

>liking 100 spokes

Nigger.

Or wetback, potentially.

Who cares what engine it comes with?

Big American cars in Europe is the fucking coolest thing ever and I don't care what anyone thinks.

>Find a unicorn that shits gold

That's obviously not the actual car he's looking at since he's in europe and that thing has fucking north carolina plates

Well obviously I do, since swaps are just a myth around here and therefore will be stuck with stock engine

Are you retarded?!
You will cry every time you fill up. So that's at least twice a day.
You can't park anywhere. Ever. Both length and width will severely restrict you.
You will hold up traffic. And be hated for it.
And you might be hated by insecure anti-americans but you should disregard them.
There's loads of reasons to hate that car. The fact that it's american is not one of them.

For the tax of a new car:
It's not the number of cylinders that determines taxation. It's the co2 emissions.
And those emissions are tested quite ridiculous. For efficient european engines there's quite a steep hike for tax/hp. leave out the attention to efficiency like american build engines and the hike is almost vertical.
Also: insurance in the Netherlands uses 3 main parameters for the car. Weight, HP, value when new. Over time it becomes cheaper. driver influences are: age, address, years with unclaimed insurance.
Also: besides the taxation of new cars we have roadtax. road tax is based solely on weight. heavier car equals more tax. a 900kg miata costs 400 euro per year.
It's expensive to have the best road quality in Europe. Driving here is godlike though. Although you are never challenged and never even come close to the limit of your car. That's why a 3cylinder polo is around as comfortable as a 6 cylinder audi. Silky smooth. no matter what.

Are you retarded?!
>Probably yeah
You will cry every time you fill up. So that's at least twice a day.
>Already driving 2 6 cylinders so I know about filling up regularly
You can't park anywhere. Ever. Both length and width will severely restrict you.
>No shit, already got a 197.24in car and it's hell already sometimes, but at least you can put so many things in the trunk
You will hold up traffic. And be hated for it.
>Don't give a fuck since I'll have an autotragic, I can drive slow effortlessly and besides, I'd rather have a slow V8 than a slow diesel 4 cyl
And you might be hated by insecure anti-americans but you should disregard them.
>Still don't give a fuck, and around here US cars are loved
There's loads of reasons to hate that car. The fact that it's american is not one of them.
>As there is loads to love it. I'm on this side, sorry about that

I would've gone for a sedan if I could find the gem I'm looking for

What the fuck.
Do Americans actually drive these?

What's the matter with landbarges?

And as a matter of fact, they do and I love bumping into them

I don't think this reasoning really stands:
>You will hold up traffic. And be hated for it.
>>Don't give a fuck since I'll have an autotragic, I can drive slow effortlessly and besides, I'd rather have a slow V8 than a slow diesel 4 cyl
You will be the CAUSE of slow traffic. trucks will accelerate faster than you.
And you will be much less responsive on the highway than even the smallest of 4cyl diesels.
For the rest: you clearly know the downsides of owning this car and accept them. You know what you're in for so go for it. Always great to see somebody go for a (somewhat) special car. Makes the roads more interesting you know.

Does this thing needs a runway to get over 60? As for the less responsive part, even when kickdown kicks in?