The only thing better than an LS engine is a twelve cylinder LS!

/o so I think by now we all agree that the GM series of LS Engines and current Gen LT engines are the best engines on the road. Really the only engine that is cheap reliable and fast. Plus there's a huge aftermarket that is unmatched by anything domestic or import wise.

Only downside of LS is that their limited to around 440 cubes, possibly a little more with an aftermarket tall deck block or an LSX block.

Enter the V12LS!
youtube.com/watch?v=lPDCu-1vD4I&feature=youtu.be
Hear it run!
youtube.com/watch?v=1vIo8gx15ds

Also fuck the ford fanboys and wannabe 2jz ricers!

Neat, but expect your thread to be ruined in about 3 minutes.

Wish we could create a board for lsx

Why? Just don't say "the best" and you avoid 80% of the shit that will be coming at you.

It's a cool novelty. But the weight and most likely more fagility taking power will outweigh whatever advantage it gives which is what exactly.

>It is the best...

I don't see how you could say otherwise besides the faggot that shows the pic of michovitz 5 sec mustang or whatever that uses a mod motor. (Nvm the fact that he once went through 13 blocks in a season)

U drive LS?

I wish GM themselves had done something like this and made a mid-ship luxury vette with it but atlas it likely won't be used in anything but kit cars and can't exactly be sold as a crate engine either. id like to discuss this more but shame about your bait so strong in smell the lochness monster would come flying right out of the lake sticking to it like a magnet.

Wrong. 2 LSs in w16 configuration.

Because there is no definitive "best" engine. Somebody focusing on a lightweight car will be happy with an N/A 4 banger screamer. Somebody shooting for 6 second E.T.s will want a big block. Etc. The LS series is fantastic for out of the box power and plug-and-play nature and I adore it for that. An LS3 makes what, 430 hp stock? As in, lasts for hundreds of thousands of miles stock? Yes please. If my Windsor 302 ever goes kaput, I can see an LS replacing it with a full drivetrain overhaul. But there is not a single one size fits all engine.

>N/A 4 banger screamer?

Lmao

Why "lmao"? A screamer is an engine that revs high. Suitable for little gokarts like Miatas, S2000s, FFR 818s, etc.

Cuz those cars are for vaginas

>The only thing better than an LS engine is a twelve cylinder LS!

Yet the LS still can't beat the 2JZ or the Modular and now even a S2000 with a 4 banger is closing in on the fastest LS's in the 1/4

And I can care less how many Corvettes u smoke at your local autox with a miata

Please stop making the rest of us Americans look bad. You dont even know what an 818 is.

So what are you trying to imply? 2jz or VTEC is better than LS?

Oh this'll be good, the dumbass OP vs the eternal autist.

I don't know about the S2000 but i think the 2JZ was using non-factory block

Anything in that territory is running custom everything, thus it's even more retarded than normal benchracing.

The only people who hate on LS is the people that Haven driven LS. I

Fastest LS is slower than a 2JZ and a Modular so yeah. A F22 powered S2k is running high mid 6s now.

Ther still isn't a single 5 second LS.

Wrong, the 5 second 2JZ is stock block and head. The 5 second Modular is stock block.

Please fuck off back to Facebook if you're the kind of """person""" to actually, unironically post garbage like that.

When will people realize the LS isn't even a good engine but just mediocre at best. Even old school SBC engines BTFO the LS.

BBC > LS > SBC > everything else > fords

Has anyone ever told you that the engine does not matter at that point?
As long as they are +- 100hp and have a relatively close torque curve, they will be about the same. The biggest challenge at that point is suspension and aerodynamics.
That is what's winning the race. Not the "muh air pump is only 6 cylinders but I put enough boost in it to flow the same amount of fuel as a LS"

Because when you're just benchracing hp numbers, you don't have to worry about anything else. Whereas in the real world, putting a standalone ECU/LS3/T56 package together gets you a car that makes well over 400 hp crank and gets 20plus mpg easily, runs on regular octane, and just runs period. And it's aluminum, so it's not as heavy.

>It's not shit, it's the cars fault

lolno

>It's not shit beause I overpay for a mediocre engine that makes pathetic power for the price

lolno

>Because when you're just benchracing hp numbers, you don't have to worry about anything else. Whereas in the real world, putting a standalone ECU/LS3/T56 package together gets you a car that makes well over 400 hp crank and gets 20plus mpg easily, runs on regular octane, and just runs period. And it's aluminum, so it's not as heavy.

Post of the fuckin year!

I get it though, if you're ignorant of cars and lack any real skill you're fine with mediocre. Just don't call yourself a car enthusiast because you picked the easiest path. Because you're not one.

I think actual enthusiasts understand over 400hp is a lot and a finished project that drives like a factory car is the best project, instead of sacrificing convenience for special snowflake status.

Can it be shoehorned into an 8 series

>having a slow and boring car is the best

see

>Just don't call yourself a car enthusiast because you picked the easiest path. Because you're not one.

>400hp car is slow
Ok, then, champ, bread on hood. Let's see this beast machine.

Could you try to stay on topic or is that too much for the non car enthusiast? Stock vehicles that came out nearly 20 years ago made 400hp, it's not impressive fyi.

Cadillac made a LS based V16 and put it in a mid rear concept and various ultra luxury concepts. Emissions will forever make sure America will never bother with V12 engines.

Christ I'm off my game tonight, why didn't I realize it was a shitter sooner?

Of course, can't even defend the mediocrity.

Such as?

I prefer to be called a "gearhead". "Car enthusiast" is someone who reads magazines

thats because they ran on leaded gas, on unleaded they are lucky to make 300.

>already a V12
>should be inherently balanced and smooth
>still make it sound like a broken mess
What the fuck is it with Americans and trying to make every engine sound like a V8?

its just an ls with 4 extra cylinders what do you expect?
its not like they changed the firing order.

I have no idea what the crank looks like, the cam setup, etc, and neither do you. Of course it might sound weird for a 12.
Don't respond further.

The Z06 made 385hp
Aston Martin had cars over 400
996T made over 400

There are more, 400 was impressive 20 years ago, not now.

Didn't know leaded gas was a hot item 20 years ago.

That's fine, it's obvious you don't care about actual cars.

>Can't defend your shit
>But claim it's the best
>Get mad and tell people to not respond when confronted

I don't use this word a lot but you guys are truly cucks. Stay in the land of mediocrity and circle jerks. I'm out.

It should be obvious by now that he's baiting.

>Z06 made 385hp
Heavy iron block
>Aston Martin had cars over 400
Exotic unreliable forgotten about car
>996T made over 400
Needs turbos to do so

M8. Stop. He's being silly on purpose.

>>Z06 made 385hp
>Heavy iron block
NIGGA WHAT?

ummm the ls1 is an alloy block uleh

shit right.
20 years ago is 1997.

The LT5 weighs 600 pounds compared to the LS 500 pounds max

The LS based 400hp didn't come till 2001

C5 Z06 had an LS6 not a LT5.

in Australia they were still under 400hp in 2001
>342hp

V8 hayabusa engine makes over 400hp N/A and weighs what? 1/3rd of V12 LS?

It's a cool engine no doubt but do you see it in any full weight street cars? NO

Why?

Because it makes no torque...

No one seems to talk about the weaknesses of the ls engine. For as much as you gargle its proverbial nuts you would realize it's made with shit grade aluminum. Factory supercharged versions have upgraded aluminum that is stronger so the block doesn't crack under moderate boost pressure. If one of it's lifters collapse on a high rev pull all of a sudden your crank is starved for oil. That's how retarded the oiling system is. Then the rockers have interference on high lift cams, something the big diameter camshaft was supposed to be a benefit for. Then we have ten bolt heads which are weak for anything with serious boost. So much for the "god engine".

>take american v8
>give it to aussies
>they turn it into a v12 thats actually good
americans can't do fucking anything right.

Sad but true

DELET THIS!!!

Fucking shit idea.
Brb
>less power than an 8 with same money spent
>too long
>obscure
>somehow sounds even worse than 8

>the LS engine is the best if we ignore the best engine

just kill yourself you delusional GM fangirl

You don't need shittons of torque when you weight nothing

I'd love to build one of these someday, but using the 6-speed transaxle from a Porsche Cayman and an Audi V8 or V10.

>best engines on the road
>the only engine that is cheap
These aren't the same thing.
And it isn't both.

You'd want a GTM, it's just bigger and designed for a Porsche transaxle.

Fair enough, although the GTM uses the rarer and more expensive G50 transaxle. Can probably be modified to use the G87.20 though.
Still, a homebrew V10-powered 6-speed manual RWD supercar sounds like the fucking dream.

It's more just in terms of packaging. The 818 is designed as a small roadster, it's insanity to use a supercar drivetrain. A guy trying to fit a VR6 has had to do a ton of work.

That's the worst sounding V12 I have ever heard.

Yeah, it looks like it'd be a pain to fit anything longer than the Subaru flat-4 in there. Only thing I dislike about the GTM compared to the 818 is the bodyshell's construction, just 4 parts as opposed to separate panels. Would be harder to store while building the car and more expensive to ship.

Whats better than a 12 cylinder LS?
A 16 cylinder LS!

Love the way it sounds too. Very exotic

>/
It sounds like shit and they balanced it like two V6's for some idiotic reason.