Having a car

>having a car
>driving AT ALL in the year 2017
Lmao why the fuck aren't you taking the bus, lads? Literally more convenient and cost efficient to take the bus over wasting money on gas. When will you wake up?

no line to your moms

This
>no car insurance payment
>no car payment
>no repair costs
>no shitty traffic to deal with
>no gas to pay for

>truck is totalled
>bus riders can simply get off and catch another bus
bus wins every time

Fuck the bus. I'm taking the train nigga.
>no drunk homeless people
>can read or write because no potholes
>is faster than car during rush hours
>always on time
Supreme public transportation

Because I'm not a poor loser like you that has to wait in line in the rain for half an hour to catch a bus with other poor losers.

>paying for the bus
>not pretending to be retarded so you can ride the shortbus for free
Lmaoing @ you

Because I don't live in an urban environment with the necessary development to have a reliable modern public transportation system.

>>no drunk homeless people
>>always on time

What train is this?

For convenience and time conservation.
For work.
I like deciding my own fate, same reason why I don't like busses and airplanes - and I am a superior driver compared to most on road.
I have a daughter with a car seat.
Public transportation with a bunch of randoms is becoming a health risk in america.

no freedom

>I have a career

/thread

Buses here don't run late enough to accommodate my work/life schedule. And ever since a bus driver closed the door on my leg and dragged me outside of the bus in high school I've hated those faggots.

>town is building tram lines
>jacked up bus prices to cover the costs

>buses now more expensive than driving

Same here. Mayor started war on cars by making parking stupid expensive and almost doubled the price for public transport.

Did he died?

Only city people can take the bus.
im afraid no buses run from my house to the farm i work at.

>drive to work is 15 minutes
>bus is 1:15 if I'm lucky
yeah I'll get right on that bus thing bro

>sitting in a box with pajeet and tyrone for 5x as long travel time versus just driving to work in your racekar

Because I can't take the bus to all my expensive real estate.

So car drivers are ruining everyones lives again?

Why do bus riders complain about improving rail lines, do you really need that much money for tendies?

>Public transportation with a bunch of randoms is becoming a health risk in america.
It is a problem that is being acknowledged, but sadly most Americans will insist that the solution is simply avoiding the bus. They would rather evade problems than solve them.

The point is to make an app bring buses on farms

They don't open the windows?

>A/C doesn't work in summer
>Newer low floor buses make it so you have to fucking climb on the seat to open the windows
>bus companies screw the windows shut because their policy is that the HVAC will regulate the temperature better, and if the driver does anything about it, they get the boot

It gets fucking hot and cramped when you have a packed bus and a lot of fatasses who ride literally don't shower for days and they fucking stink, so they'll open the windows when it's 22F outside to "get some fresh air." Or, in the summer, they'll feel cold with the A/C on so they open the windows instead, so now the wrong temperature air is coming in.

t. former bus rider who got license three years ago

Consider the following:

>be lube monkey
>live in Canada in upper middle class suburban city ( population over 250 000)
>work is a 10 min drive due to fucked mosaic garden urban planning and rivers
>bus ride each way requires a transfer and takes 75 mins to complete
>bike ride takes about 30 mins due to paths but only viable for 3/4 of the year because of weather and ice

So I get to do my crossword and read the Metro newspaper everyday starting in the morning and finishing on the commute home. 3 hours everyday time that I could use to study but inconvenient holding a textbook on your lap with shoulder to shoulder passengers during rush hour. I was only making $13.75/hour so my time is not that valuable.

>move to city for apprenticeship school
>same crowded buses but now includes a 45 min trip on the overcrowded subway
>still live in the city
>now 5 min drive to work
>bus ride still takes 45 mins

45 mins shoulder to shoulder with stinky, sweaty people, who all hate having to ride the bus.

First chance I could i bought a car even though I have to park it outside of my condo in an adjacent lot.

Try both and see which you prefer.

Fuck the rhythm of this lifestyle, go with horses
And provide a here for the first talk

What fucked up area are you in? A/C always works in my neck of the woods and we can open windows as we please.

I live in a state that actually has more than five people per square mile, smug flyover state hick

I don’t have to wait to go anywhere
I just go

not him but i have never been in a public bus where ac doesn't work
i also didn't take bus for several years so thing might have change

you can't read or sleep though

What if one of loved ones, or friends was in the hospital and had minutes to live? What if they were about to commit suicide and you needed to get to them at 3 am? Going to hope the bus is running and doesn't make any stops? Call a taxi or uber with s driver who insists on going 10 km/h under the speed limit to save gas?

What if your crush wants to drive up to the mountain lake to race or fuck? Are you going to rent a car?

Taking the bus to work would take me almost 2 hours, while driving takes me 15 minutes max.

Uber and blablacar

I have a home for both of those things

Getting to English lessons must not have been the purpose of these bus trips.

Audiobooks, and you can pull over and take a nap if you have to, in much more comfort and privacy than a bus seat.

I wish there was actually public transportation around here so I could

yay shitty American city planning and rural hellholes

Fucking talking each other bus drivers, go to body shop mechanic, and see what can do

I wasn't born in a speaking english country

>pay bus fee
>sit between dangerous people
>probably get robbed or beaten up because you're the only white guy
>ride with who knows what illness they have
>keep stopping every 5 min to pick up people
>no seats to sit in

and >no traffic to deal with
do you think a bus flies

Unironically posting from a bus right now. If you're in a city like me it has its uses but I still drive my shitbox at weekends.

There's no bus service in my area.

Motorcycle > bus any day