/mcg/ - Minecraft General - 1.2.5 best version edition

Previous thread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

biomesoplenty.wikia.com/wiki/Biomes_List
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/traincraft
github.com/EternalBlueFlame/Traincraft-5
discord.gg/rMAr28e
mojang.com/games/
atlauncher.com/pack/IndustrialBox
etherpad.net/p/oceanserb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Botania is actually a good mod

Still can't find any hard numbers on the range of Butcher Golems, but apparently this is far enough to not cause issues. I'm too lazy to do tests. I just want to get this abattoir up and runnin.

butcher golems are garbage senpai

You going to suggest an alternative or just be a catty faggot?

The magical blocks from MFR or EIO :^)

I just think it's dumb that the butcher golem leaves 2 (and only 2) adult animals. Takes too long for them to breed. It would arguably be better if they killed everything since you could use other means to move animals to the slaughter area when there are enough of them.

I don't think EIO has a way to farm animals
The Killer Joe will kill everything despite the age

You know your shit.

You don't know shit.

7th for autismserb

Holy hell, I've still got the textures I made for Tekkit. It was my first modded MC expereince.

That happens on all channels actually
Most people tend to just watch 1-2 ongoing LPs from a single youtuber at a time

isn't this the guy that does the minecraft high school shit or is that someone else

Explain Oceanserb
Botes?

> minecraft high school shit
What?

>The eco it makes when placing and removing blocks
>The moody light in the darkness
Top comfy, Im having so much fun building this.

Everything is sea but theres some islands scattered around so the goal is to explore the islands while doing your regular kitchensink chores.

dont google it

Yes, botes are a thing
Now I wanna tekkit classic

Will you add quests and npcs like Castlefag's map? I'll play it

In the Conquest modpack? I dont think so, I will probably just place some npcs and every once in a while do some sieges with npcs since I like watching npcs fight.
I already have 2 maps which I mean to develop as modded adventure maps but Im stuck in
>building
One map was finished but I decided to enlarge the city and now I´m stuck and lost inspiration on it and the other has been on queue for 8 months
>Writing
I suck at writing, maybe I have some cool lore ideas but my writing is too cringy
>NPC setup
Theres an external program to setup NPCs dialogs but even with it I´m stuck on how to do the RPG different options dialog.
So probably in a year or more I will finish one of the maps, but maybe I could setup a small quest when I finish the European and the saracen cities

What mods do i need to make world generation better?
And are there any good mods that add structures or expand upon villages?

Also are jungles really rare or is it just me?

>create breeder set
>babies are sent direct to slaughterhouse
>babies grow up and get golem'd
Like magic.

RTG or ATG

>And are there any good mods that add structures
Recurrent Complex? and some more
>expand upon villages?
Witchery or Diversity, nothing else

>Also are jungles really rare
"Hot" biomes are rare too, if you happen to spawn on a cold zone especially

>What mods do i need to make world generation better?
Biomes o Plenty (You will need to remove a lot of biomes), RTG or ATG and Climate Control if you want to customize it even more
>And are there any good mods that add structures
Reccurent Complex and Ancient Warfare
>expand upon villages?
Witchery adds defensive methods for illagers, walled villages and castles for guard villagers
>Also are jungles really rare or is it just me?
Biome compass

what happened with Traincraft? I was thinking about making a new modpack and wanted to know if they ever added overhead cables for electric trains.
but it's website says there still isn't a 1.7 version, didn't we get 1.7 like a whole year ago? also it seems there hasn't been any updates.
is traincraft just fully dead now?

Alright, is The New Frontier a good modpack if I haven't played Minecraft since 2015?

nothing much has changed since 2015
just do 1.7.10

It looks really neat. Like Sands of Time scenarios.

So how did the Better with Mods thing come to be? Did someone hold FC at gunpoint to wrest permission from him or was he just ignored?

Thanks
>Biomes o Plenty (You will need to remove a lot of biomes)
Why?

A lot of the biomes are functionally useless and/or look bad

no reused assets and original code, Flowerkid can do nothing

>Flowerkid can do nothing
From what I've heard, the only thing he did was provide passing snark that "Veeky Forums can't make anything original."

So you don't end up with biomes filled with ugly ribbed trees.
biomesoplenty.wikia.com/wiki/Biomes_List

>Islam was forced into the conquered land in the middle east, North Africa, Spain and part of the Balkans
>All sharing the same architectural style
>But places were islam was spread my trading and merchs developed a unique style for making mosques
>Those places were sub-saharan Africa with their Mud mosques
>And China
>This is a chinese mosque

If it wasnt for the minaret, you wouldnt be able to tell this is a mosque

> minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/traincraft
> github.com/EternalBlueFlame/Traincraft-5

last version release for 1.7 was in May. it is pending a """REWRITE""", which has been in the works on the shoulders of maybe three developers for at least eight months now. So that's already a red flag.

the mod is dead in the water for a lot of reasons, primarily being the completely fucking unreasonable license demanded by MrBrutal, who doesn't even technically own the mod that would be spitfire. by the way the mod is trying to hold his license, while being licensed under LGPL 2.1 on the github repo, and then for some reason CovertJaguar has a license in there too. it has three conflicting licenses.

the other many reasons include the devs not really having any clue how to deal with the mod its ravenously autistic followers, wasting time chasing down people infringing on the fucking copyright of the mod, and having to deal with drama because one of the "lead" devs is a massive prick, the other is a moral high-grounder. They have no idea where to take the mod nor what to even do with it in its current state which is a shoddy mess.
The codebase is easily nearing a decade old and is a fucking mess. There's needless abstraction everywhere, there's not ENOUGH abstraction in other places -- its a disaster.

Traincraft belongs in a museum.

Yogscast almost single-handedly put modded Minecraft into the mainstream. And they're sick of the game now too.

Any modded serbs still around? don't care if its somewhat ded as long as it doesnt lag like shit

No and there will never be a single stable /mcg/ mod serb since faggots here are so autistic they need to play their bloat packs.

>direwolf20 has been posting videos for 6 years, longer than the majority of Minecraft channels
>has direct ties to mod makers, FTB, and Curse
>still hasn't managed to get 500k subs

When will he learn that FTB and Curse don't actually like him, that Slowpoke has actually made fun of him numerous times, and that they'll never promote him into being a big star? His channel tanked when he stopped making his own modpacks and started letting FTB do all the work and choices.

The funniest thing is that despite Minecraft mods being "mainstream," only 2% of clients are modded in any way, if that. That is, if Mojang is to be believed.

> When did minecraft turn into the piece of shit it is today?

Does that 2% is in comparison to the phone, windows10, xbox360, xbox one, switch, wii u, ps3, psvita, ps4 versions? Does it take into account MultiMC, tekkit, FTB, Atlauncher or Twitch launcher?

when Notch cut all ties with it

Considering at some point they stated that ~30% of clients were not vanilla/playing on other launchers, it's likely that 2% is comparing all versions

neat.

>>Now I wanna tekkit classic
I do too
Why can't there be a tekkit classic serb?

sounds like a job for an user with little regard for copyright and a knack for coding

Haven't played autismcraft in a while, but I'm getting a craving.
As far as skyblock modpacks, is SkyFactory 3 a good place to start?

>skyblock
All skyblock packs play the exact same.
They're boring and mediocre user.
If you want the automation and shit, take the gregpill.

Nice doggo.

b-but my gpu and cpu are babby tier and cant render all those scary complex landscapes, caves, and terrain blocks. it's only the fact that i splurged over 16 gigs of ram that i can play at all

Minecraft does not use the GPU at all for rendering because something about being unable to pass the lighting calculations.
Install optifine, fastcraft, foamfix for meme versions, etc.
Or play on older versions with more notchcode, I'm in the middle of installing tekkit classic right now.

Also minecraft isn't spengies, it doesn't have 10 gb memory leaks or exploding dogs.

Hobo rev up that serb funding, I'm willing to pitch in

unfortunately, I'm a hack when it comes to programming.

Reminder a comfy serb is about to go up atm. It is running minecraft beta 1.7.3 vanilla.

server is up at: 52.34.144.167

discord is up at: discord.gg/rMAr28e

You know when you spew this toxic shit around, it *surprisingly* doesn't actually help anything. It actually makes the situation worse. Providing constructive and positive posts would go a long way. Remember, monkey see monkey do, when you do something, odds are someone else will follow suite. So when you shit all over your nest, the next person will probably shit all over it too. But when you do something constructive and help the general, the next person will probably want to help out as well.

This is a self fulfilling cycle.

If you want a better general, it starts with (YOU).

When someone else does something shitty, you have to resist fighting fire with fire, it's tempting I know but it goes no where. You have to instead point out they are being unreasonable and provide a constructive alternative to their behavior - the second part is the most important part, providing guidance and structure for them to improve on, anyone can be a critic but providing good and quality information for that criticism can have a profound effect.

Remember, change starts with (YOU).

Don't be lazy and hope some single amazing person will materialize out of nothing and will come and fix everything magically. It won't happen, to fix a community, you have to work like a community.

I'm not asking you to turn into some gay reddit hug box. I'm not asking you to pretend to be something you're not. I'm just asking that before you post, ask yourself a question. Does this help anyone? Is this a constructive post? Am I doing my part in the community? If you answered no to anyone of those you probably should revise your post or course of action.

Remember, /mcg/ is a community. It only works if ALL of us are working together. No lone actors, everyone. Think, and stay positive.
bump

>1.7.3 vanilla

it's beta though, to provide a /comf/ier time.

There is nothing comfy about vanilla no matter what version.

see

Sounds good. How do I get whitelisted?

just ask beanz in the discord

he's a balding fat fuck
he probably doesn't even notice
and if he does, his subs and views get him more than enough income to use for life, even if they are low compared to other channels as old as his

Alright, thanks man

where do i pirate minecraft

mojang.com/games/

same places you pirate anything else

Download Eclipse, set up Forge dev environment, play game for free.

Seriously.

nani

>Scrolls
Didn't they shut that down?

how do i remove a bunch of water in modded?

Which mods you have? Magneticraft can and Im sure plenty of others mod do so as well but that is the only one that comes to mind at the moment
>cute froggo

atlauncher.com/pack/IndustrialBox just this pack

i wanted a modpack containing dumb laserfish

kill yourself flowerfag

Anybody have any massive multiplayer, mostly vanilla, anarchy survival servers they'd recommend?

no

2b2t

You can use an Ender IO SAG mill or an Immersive Engineering grinder to turn a bunch of cobblestone into sand then just use sand you fucking animal.

>no way to place it faster
why would i go full vanillatard

Am I cheating myself out of fun?

I don't think microcrafting is fun so no

ded

Because you so out of options you're begging randos on /mcg/ for solutions to your stupid problems.

Disable infinite water and pump it out

T.Dyes update is live

Pick it up from either git or curse

SPOOPY

You'd best believe it

IP/pack?

Soon™
I was testing and I came across this very postcard-esque scene so I thought I'd put together a teaser

>guetto filter
>shitty font and color
Why not put some effort and make it aesthethic or vaporwave?

What mods are there to be expected? Seeing as there will be less need to fuck with worldbloat, I imagine a lot?

So you are a master of jarate huh?

lol

etherpad.net/p/oceanserb

not that great at GIMP

Throw in Gregtech intergration and we can have nation building and expanded ocean spleunking

no ded pls

>2b2t
The pictures look cool. I'll try it

I've been playing minewind throne for a while. If anybody goes on that server, head east from spawn, they've got a very long road going.