Show me a worse advertising campaign for a car company

Chevys "real people" commercials are probably the worst commercials to ever projectile vomit it's way across the airwaves. If you disagree post a link to a car commercial that is more disingenuous, creepy, or serves no purpose to actually inform consumers about cars

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwic_rLktL7XAhWEwVQKHZFiDI4Qxa8BCCowAg&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov
youtu.be/I1IyNluM49U
youtube.com/watch?v=7geyX1Er1zs
youtube.com/watch?v=XqDb_5hs0v8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L4eJa_dcGmM
youtube.com/watch?v=YqxrYbdU7_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=AUbgfWTptoU
youtube.com/watch?v=FQBh3WS1kUk
youtube.com/watch?v=lgUuRVkgJmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any commercial that says "WON JD POWER AND ASSOCIATES AWARD FOR INITIAL QUALITY"

Ah fuck, I saw one of those on my flight over to the US, the one with "What truck has the best yaddayadda"... who the hell buys into shit like that?

Can't disagree, it really is the lowest common denominator for car ads.

I sometimes fantasize about chasing and running over this smug faggot piece of shit with a F-250 in a dark long wooded road.

JD Power award for (initial quality)? What, is it the best for a few years then its a peice of shit

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwic_rLktL7XAhWEwVQKHZFiDI4Qxa8BCCowAg&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Nissan's ads from the past few years have been pretty horrible.

Special shoutout to the Rogue One Nissan Rogue ads. Really subtle attempt to sell a lame crossover by attaching Star Wars to it.

youtu.be/I1IyNluM49U

Am I the only one who thinks the entire ads are scripted? Vw has had the best ads the one where they learn Spanish in the car was probably best car ad I've seen in years. To bad it totally encapsulated literally the only selling point of vw in the USA and killed their reputation after dieselgate.

I honestly wouldn't have hated this commercial as much as I do if it wasn't played on every fucking commercial break when it aired back in 2010.

youtube.com/watch?v=7geyX1Er1zs

Everyone knows the ad is scripted

>actors aren't real people

I have to agree. Those commercials were weird at best. Then they went through and made you hate it by playing it all fucking day

they've redeemed the hamsters with the new soul commercial imo

youtube.com/watch?v=XqDb_5hs0v8

it's actually not obnoxious

The new Toyota commercials wherein they try to portray the Corolla and Camry as ‘sporty’ and ‘exhilarating’... why bother? They are literally the quintessential wheeled appliances. Boring, utilitarian, and (now more than ever) ugly.
Gives me an aneurism every time I see the commercial.

They're doing it again with the the Last Jedi. Honestly I'm looking forward to the movie but every time I see a commercial with Star Wars shit forced in I want to see it a little less. It's painful.
It's not just Nissan, either, though I think they're the only car company doing it.

Right ?
>300 hp
>still takes 6s to reach 60
>fwd
Can't remember if there was even a manual option. Toyota pls stahp.

they stopped manuals in camrys back in 2010.

toyota is retarded.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=L4eJa_dcGmM

Those new Toyota commercials make me want to hurt people.

Japanese companies often feel responsible for what hoons do with their vehicles and see it as bad press on top of that

For example, they put a limit on how fast their bikes can go and are pushing the idea that sportbikes are track toys and that most people should buy various non-sportbikes as hard as they can. Every time jap sportbike sales drop a percent, salarymen feel better about themselves.

Toyota does not want boyracer hoons drifting in their camries. It would give them a reputation as unsafe and unnecessarily fast for a family car. They would rather you buy the two seater for that.

>They would rather you buy the two seater for that.
And that's where the rabbit hole goes deeper.

They throw all the power onto the Camry, yet leave the 86 at a depressing 200 HP.

I can't even stand the typical GM consumer anyway.

The real people, not actor commercials really bother me.
>It's a BMW!
>WOW, IT'S SO LUXURIOUS

>GM is number 1!
No, they're not. Once you start to form a counter argument it instantly turns into

>X brand is an absolute pile of junk!
Yes, but -
>X brand is garbage. Always broken!
.. I'm just saying the interior of
>Well that costs a lot more!
GM shouldn't have been saved by the government
>What about Chrysler and Ford?!?
Well Ford saved themselves, unlike Chrysler and GM
>Ford took a bailout in the 80's!!
No, they found a loophole..
>Well GM is making quality products now!
No, they're not.

GM could probably produce vehicles that failed coming off the lot and GM fans would defend it. I usually hear about
>People driving the cars out of the factory and salesmen doing burnouts when the car is brand new
>People taking the cars for a joy ride and breaking the car

It's never the manufacturers fault. I can't stand GM owners.
>Literally know everything with the experience in nothing
>Everyone is an idiot except for themselves

Why do those traits seem to follow this group?

Le quirky Jan in the toyota commercials is cancer; if i didnt want to fuck her brains out those would absolutely be the worst commercials of all time

no they havent... its still a comercial with rats driving a car

youtube.com/watch?v=YqxrYbdU7_Y

Ford did do those cringy ass dub commercials advertise their Ford Fusion in the setting of some old popular animes. Though it was short lived. You can argue that it was creative, me it just felt like stupid pandering for people in their early 20s. (The Metal Gear commercial was pretty good though)

But Chevy takes the cake, not only are these commercials so half assed retarded, but it's pathetic that they do let the product do all the talking to show what's capable off. Instead they need some dumbass to tell you.

youtube.com/watch?v=AUbgfWTptoU

Speed kills. Dont advertise speed in car commercials. It's evil and satanic. Only satan worshipping pagans care about the speed.

Diehard Chevrolet loyalists.

you just described every badge whore of every stripe out there, it's not just GM.

I think it's actually a smart campaign. Normies would buy into it.

For Chevy, even normies would know that the commercial is bullshit, and Chevy already has a bad rep for it's quality in the past.

>muh hp!1!
>muh drag racing 1/4!!1
>forgetting weight, balance, suspension, gearing, steering response, etc

The 86 is easily a superior sporting vehicle.
Even the shitty Auris is a better sports car than the camry.

Did GM ever fix that "Chevy Shake" problem their half ton trucks have?

youtube.com/watch?v=FQBh3WS1kUk we've all seen it and still have no idea what they're featuring, it plays ALL THE GODDAMN TIME theres even a version of it for the radio thats even worse than the original. FUCK THIS COMMERCIAL, FUCK HYUNDAI AND THEIR SHIT CARS, FUCK THAT SONG, AND FUCK THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THIS MONSTROSITY.

>muh driving feel!!1111
youtube.com/watch?v=lgUuRVkgJmg

0-60 is the only metric that matters, sweetie.

If you're doing some actual driving and making turns at high speeds, the 86 is a good car.
If you're only going to drag race at strips, why not just buy a really fast go kart and save yourself the money.

EXACTLY, its not a car made to do a mile at light speed, its an affordable RWD toyota

I don't like any ads, at least that one isn't loud

Don't forget this stupid shit

My Ford friend isn't bad at all. He prefers his Ford's but he doesn't defend everything about them. He recognizes the faults and doesn't get defensive. GM fanbois are very defensive.

I like my Subaru's, but I don't get defensive about it. When I showed my friend, the diehard GM guy my Legacy, the first thing he said was LS swap it.
>Just add bacon bro!

Lol, no.

They've changed shocks for better dampening for ride quality, but it didn't fix the actual problem.
>New rear ends
>New tires all around
>New driveshafts
>New transmissions
>Still develops the shake

>Not enjoying the old Mazda Miata commercial

see

Feels like GM is ignoring this problem. It's a 3 year old defect, yet they still can't find a solution to patch it. Sad really.

It's not a safety issue so it doesn't need to be recalled.

If they wait it out long enough they won't have to fix it.

>Chevys "real people" commercials

It's too bad Consumer Reports doesn't allow their test results or product demonstration results to be quoted in advertisements. Otherwise, it's time for some "real tool chest" commercials.

yeah i see a billboard everyday
2018 camry
all new
all wow
or something to that effect
new accord shits on it

If you're doing some actual driving and making turns at high speeds why not just buy a really fast go kart and save yourself the money.

The Rouge One editions are fucked too. Its a great big square badge under the mirror. Its ugly as all hell.

>Well Ford saved themselves, unlike Chrysler and GM

Well, I mean, Ford took a 25 million dollar "loan" months before shit hit the fan and shuffled around a bunch of bean counters who's sole job was to find and sell off all the random-ass property Ford owned.

Oh, and Ford still hasn't repayed that loan yet.

New Accord is basically a crossover. New Civic is bigger than the Accord in it's glory days.

When will people realize cars hit their peak in the 90s and early 2000s? Just fix up the old cars.

>Comparing 25 million to 51 billion
>Even mentioning selling their assets

user, you can do better. At least mention the 9.1 billion Ford borrowed when GM and Chrysler desperately needed it. At least mention Ford was the only one of the big 3 not to use AIFP, which was designed for GM and Chrysler.

We can go through this again. Last week we had this argument and eventually no one could defend GM.

Why was no one able to save GM? Because they caught wind of the situation. Yes, GM paid Canada's loan off early; with American taxpayers money. Yes, GM paid off the first loan early, with a second loan from the taxpayers. GM wasn't subject to interest rates under TARP as they went with AIFP, unlike Ford. Obama rewrote the rules for GM when they declared bankruptcy, which costed the taxpayers money. We then received their stock, which we sold at a massive loss. GMs massive profit for the quarter? They sold Delphi. GM built a multimillion dollar plant - in Mexico. GM did work on electric cars, sure, by paying a Korean company.

Surely new GM will take responsibility for the actions of prebailout GM, right? Wrong. Anything the company did (ignition switches killing 100+) prior to the bailout gives them a free pass. IIRC the federal courts were appealing it, but I haven't kept on it.

I fucking love mahk

"Its a poop emoji, because your car is a peice of shit"

Ive seen several tool box debunk videos

And if someone's using a pickup for work without putting in a bed liner, they're retarded.

Never understood Chevy commercials. How self loathing do you have to be to have to hide your fucking badge in your commercial to get people to buy it

haha yea whatever retard enjoy paying extra for nothing at all while i sit here with my non rusty truck bed that isnt lined

>chevy does something shitty

as usual