2013+ Leafs with ~80 mile range are under $10k. How often do you seriously drive more than 80 miles in a day?

2013+ Leafs with ~80 mile range are under $10k. How often do you seriously drive more than 80 miles in a day?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Leaf#Operating_costs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every weekend

Eh, some people have commutes to school or work. Others like to drive at night.

Why would you not seriously consider this? Even as a delivery driver who can reach 100 miles in a day, im absolutely planning to buy a 2016 Leaf on salvage and fixing it because the range is about 100.

>80 mile range

Likely fucking story. All the first gen Leafs have horrible battery degradation. you'd be lucky to get 40~50 miles out of them on a full charge if they've been used that much. There's a reason they're so cheap right now.

A FUCKING LEAF

Cost of operation is also insanely low. No oil changes, spark plugs, anything like that. Electricity is also WAY cheaper than gas per mile.

180ft/lbs of torque. gut the interior if you need it to go faster you animal

or buy a gas car like a normal person

>implying electric cars wont be federally mandated across the world

What happens when you run out of power on the way to a delivery?

Can't trust people not to unplug it overnight. Also, sub-zero temperatures are so hard on batteries that it wouldn't make it to work on a cold morning.

>What happens when you run out of power on the way to a delivery?
i have multiple cars, i can swap out in an emergency. i rarely work a shift long enough and on a day busy enough to reach 100miles.

> sub-zero temperatures are so hard on batteries that it wouldn't make it to work on a cold morning.
Battery life is actually worsened on these by high temps. people in places like arizona see the worst battery depreciation.

>Can't trust people not to unplug it overnight.
You can change a setting in the app to notify you if the car is unplugged when charging.

that sentence gives me cancer

>Multiple cars to do the job of one
You've just fucked any environmental benefit

i dont want a leaf for environmental whatever the fuck. I spend $200/month on gas. I could actually save money if i just leased a leaf. My other cars are for fun.

i meant financed. fuck leasing.

If you think using electricity is going to be cheaper, then go ahead. I find in hard to believe tho.

>two x90s
>two doge status

5 days a week. About 70 miles, but in Canada, so temperatures are usually around -10 on good days.

The 2 days about 40 miles.

That thing would get, at most, 60 miles of range up here. Then you get into the whole warming up the cabin, winter tires (a lot less efficient than the ones they got that 80 miles rating out of), traffic, etc.

It makes no sense up here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Leaf#Operating_costs

i get 20mpg. i could save an insane amount of money with this.

i calculated my cost of operation/mile to be .12dollars(12 cents).

for the leaf it is estimated to cost 3.5 cents per mile. 75% reduction in cost of operation, and that is before i have to do maintenance like oil changes and shit.

the $.12/mile is at current gas prices where i am.

>two doge status
what

a dode strapus with bodykit duh.

Buy a $3k Civic that gets 40mpg as a DD.

so then i get 6 cents per mile, almost twice the price of the leafs electricity.

FIERO BROOO!
Sick garage

comfy garage

But paying half the cost upfront, not having to finance, not having to worry about range, not having to worry about remembering to plug it in at night, not having to buy a new $5k+ battery when it dies, etc.

The cost of maintaining them are cheaper, but the cost of repairs over time are larger. When the battery shits the bed, have fun.

i remember to plug in my phone, watch, laptop, and 3ds every night. i think i can remember to plug in my car.

besides, i want to up my credit anyways.

plus, 2011+ leafs come with a 8 year warranty on the battery if it depreciates more than like 3 or 4 bars.

>>What happens when you run out of power on the way to a delivery?
>i have multiple cars, i can swap out in an emergency.
how the fuck do you switch cars on your way to a delivery ?

fuck off I already have a 3k 40mpg civic DD.

did you know you can look at the range to know how much is left? i can switch cars on the way back from a delivery.

oh so you're gonna do two-way trips, how practical

Then you actually know what you're doing. Having an electric car as a short-range utility car to absorb the majority of your work miles is very smart, especially since you already own other cars. You'll probably get better rates on insurance, too.

However, I would seriously consider biting the bullet for a 2018 Leaf. The old Leaf was good, but the new one is just light years ahead of it in quality and as a "car". If it's out of your budget obviously discount this and get the one you can afford.

get a tesla

itd be fine for a daily for me considering my driving habits.

just need my bike and a fun car. hope that this thing can take salty winters tho. I know batteries tend to freeze up in temperatures below freezing, let alone subzero

neighbor has a bmw i3 so ill have to ask him how EVs handle the winter.

damn, i dont even know how to respond to a reasonable comment.

seriously though, yeah the cost is too much for me. looking at ~500/month + new car insurance. cant really deal with that and pay for school and my shop.

idk if ill end up with a salvage one that i fix or a car that is on-warranty, probably via carmax. ill probably jump at the first one that sticks out, like a 2016 salvage and not much damage or a way too cheap 2013+.

for those who dont know, they upped the battery size in 2013 to make a ~80mile range. then again in 2016 for ~100 miles.

please tell me how to get a used tesla for sub10k.

according to Nissan, the temp information/recommendations are:

* Avoid exposing a vehicle to ambient temperatures above 120 °F (49 °C) for over 24 hours.
*Avoid storing a vehicle in temperatures below −13 °F (−25 °C) for over 7 days.

Hey, I love all cars, so I'm not going to try to deny the thing that electric cars objectively excel at. If I were you, I'd look at the cheaper 2013+ ones with low mileage. I wouldn't risk a salvage one, especially since it will be out of warranty and since you are going to be driving it heavily daily.

yeah, thats a solid point. also i think if they replace the battery, they replace it with the 100+ miles range too. im definitely leaning in that direction.

>Nissan promised they were going to produce the first ever mass production electric car by 2010
they delivered
>Nissan promised they will produce the first ever mass production self-driving car by 2020
time to be scared?

>peace of mind about the batteries
>cheap operating costs
>get an actual quality car because CarMax has a brand they have to uphold and stand behind

Literally your best bet. You might be able to find one cheaper elsewhere, but you'd be gambling with it and you wouldn't get a good warranty. For what you want to do with the car; max out the driving range every day in city driving, CarMax is your absolute best bet.