I'm thinking about getting a CRX

i'm thinking about getting a CRX
what should i know about them?

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-honda-civic-crx-5spd/6381841940.html
youtu.be/vu-Mq8N37UU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they look like shit and probably drive like shit

They're really shitty, but super small and fuel efficient. Girls think theyre cute.

Gl finding one that isn't a rust bucket and isn't hugely overpriced. Otherwise they are allright

They're not fast OR quick, don't handle exceptionally well compared to other vehicles of that time, and are notoriously unsafe in crashes.

>CRX=Gods Chariot
>thread

They drive super nice. Tiny go-karts. Fantastic MPG. easy maintenance.

Super wide interior, its a bit strange.

Dangerous as fuck, they're really bad in a crash.

Nothing more than a chopped Civic. They were low-rent cool back in their day but their day was decades ago. They're also still outrageously overpriced due to Asian ricer nostalgia.

>They were low-rent cool
Troof. I'd kill to have a half decent shape crx.

I came close to picking one up years ago but decided to go with an '85 AW11. I don't regret it one bit.

>isnt a rust bucket

DID SOMEONE SAY CLEAN CRX? HERE'S A C L E A N CRX denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-honda-civic-crx-5spd/6381841940.html

youtu.be/vu-Mq8N37UU

Very fun to drive, easy to own, good on fuel, heaps of space inside despite being small
But youll most likely die if you get in an accident, you can break into them with absolutely no effort, parts are getting expensive and its hard to find good examples these days

>clean
>nearly 300000 miles

>don't handle exceptionally well

>crx/ef chassis

kys

What would people of Veeky Forums pay for this? 93k miles, no rust on it, completely stock. It was owned by a grandpa and lived in a garage for the past 20 years until I got it this spring, daily drove it until recently (put 15k miles on it, needed nothing along the way except a $20 relay).

Beautiful. A modern day success story.

I would pay 5k if it is as good as you say, on Craigslist you can get 7k+. Why don't you wanna keep it?

None of those cars are stock.

Thanks, I found it posted on CL a few hours after the ad went up.

The excitement of it has kind of worn on me, and I got another vehicle (jeep) that I'm more interested in. I don't really want to touch the Honda since it's so clean, it would feel wrong to mod it

You're going to drive it and love it and mod it and then it's going to get stolen and parted out.

I hope to find a local example like yours, how is the ride quality many rattles? I understand it's an old shitbox just have never driven one

exhaust and coilovers is basically stock nowadays guy.

>crx doesn't handle well.

What am I reading?

Get a 1st gen. They look better and are lighter.

Mine is all stock. Original engine (new head), paint, rims, interior. Anything that was replaced was with OEM.
365,128.6 miles. She's been a Texas daily since birth with no rust. (Except for on the trim)

1900 lbs, drives perfectly doing 70 mph at 37mpg, alignment is perfect, doesn't shake or vibrate on highway, can shift with 1 finger, $35 tires, and can blast 80s music pretty good.
I get constant attention in parking lots and gas stations. People come up to me asking what year it is and talk about how they or a friend used to have one.
The previous owner removed the catalytic converter, so it idles kinda funny when the engine is cold because I guess the O2 sensor is freaking out.

I do plan on restoring the exterior, replacing carpet, and getting decent seat covers.

I'm still contemplating engine replacement. I have a 100k mile spare engine sitting in my garage, but it needs to be gone through.

It handles great, even without power steering. It only weighs 1900 pounds.
But It does have its limits because it's so light. When I first got it, I almost lost it in the rain because I overestimated the handling.
>not fast or quick
I can pull away from the stop lights ahead of everyone else with ease and I can do 90 on the highway with no problem. I don't want to go any faster because I don't want to push that old engine.
>unsafe in crashes
You are absolutely right.

>looks better
When did you get your eyes checked last?

It's all in the recessed headlights and the ass. Gen 2 ass looks like shit.

If you were talking about the civic I would agree, but the g1 crx looks halfassed. The only good thing about them is the fact no one wants one so they are cheap

watch out for mold

Going to go look at one today - can probably pick it up for $1500 without wheels. Is it a good deal? B16 swap, no rust, paint and interior is okay, clean title no accidents reported.

>those alternator spoke wheels
Honda has the absolute GOAT wheels. Even their new designs are unique.
>thinking about getting a CRX
Would pass unless you're in highschool. I learned to drive on one They're fun cars but only because they were cheap as shit to run. Basically the 3k Civic of their era.

Literally who gives a shit. Rebuild the engine.

You should post in the /hg/ next time it's up.

I've had the same experience with mine, might be picking up a third sometime this winter