I have a proposition to restore the middle class to America and at the same time rid the country of illegal Mexicans

I have a proposition to restore the middle class to America and at the same time rid the country of illegal Mexicans.

Please take this seriously and tell me how it could be implemented and/or why it wouldn't work.

1.) in order to bring factories and middle/lower middle class jobs back to America, propose a new tax.

This tax would be high enough on American corporations so that it would make paying foreign factory workers for labor, more expensive than hiring Americans.

To rid the country of this "minimum wage circumnventation" corporations do daily. We'd tax American owned corporations so that it would be unlucrative in bringing their production elsewhere.

2.) illegal immigration - illegals come here because they can make more money here than in Mexico.

Simple make hiring illegals a crime harsh enough to scare small business owners enough so that they don't hire.

Would a class A felony be worth hiring Juan over Bill? No

Again, please tell me why this won't work. I've thought this out a lot and every argument against it, seems to come up short for the rewards these changes would bring.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_tourism
quandl.com/data/WORLDBANK/USA_SP_POP_TOTL-United-States-Population-total
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump for america

I assume in point 1, you would tax US based companies that moved jobs outside of the US.

What would stop them from entirely leaving the US, and severing all connections? If they have no property in the US, there is no way to tax them directly.

Point 2 seems like a very good idea; we need to crack down on companies that are hiring illegal workers under the table. By paying illegal workers less than minimum wage, and not paying taxes on that amount, they hurt everyone in several ways:

* Jobs that could have gone to a citizen go to an illegal worker
* Undercutting businesses that follow the law increases the pressure for them to break the law as well
* The tax evasion means that we all have to pay more to cover the shortfall from these criminals.

2) needs to happen

>implying mexicans steal middle class jobs
wow

I agree with most of your points. As a another post mentioned, the corporations that can leave will end up leaving. I thinks collateral damage we can endure though. If that happens I'm sure they'll lose a ton of staff because they don't want to move to some 3rd world shit hole.

The biggest problem was outsourcing to begin with....

>We'd tax American owned corporations so that it would be unlucrative in bringing their production elsewhere.
lol you have no idea how business works do you? you think you can tax apple into bringing it's production home? they would just raise the prices on their consumer goods and they would sell even better.

That's why OP is being too nice and we ought to just sieze their assets by force for tax evasion. Not "tax avoidance": tax evasion. They sure as fuck are not a legitimate Irish company.

i love it. fantastic.
1) make firms pay if they can't prove every worker was a legal citizen. they have to proof it so it becomes a pain in the ass to hire illegals (and make it expensive). also build a wall.

What we need to do is enforce the laws that are already on the books. What we need is aggressive enforcement, not more laws. And the second thing I'd do, is tax the hell out of imports. Lastly, people only look at the short term impacts of illegal immigration. Those illegals that come here have children who are citizens that are now in direct competition with your children. Those anchor babies go to public schools and have the potential to be more upwardly mobile than their parents were. And these Asians/Mexicans have a shit ton of children which, in combination of illegal anchor babies and h1-b visas, puts our younger generations at much greater risk of having a lower quality of life. If anyone has ever seen the movie "Gangs of New York", you'd remember the mayor going down to the docks to welcome the new immigrants with food and would tell them to vote for him. It's the same old trick. We're being discplaced so politicians can appeal to more people and thus get more votes to stay in office. Its all a scam. Just my opinions here

You don't understand economics.

Products and services should be as inexpensive as possible.

Human beings do not want jobs, they want wealth. If everyone owned a little oil well that generated 200k a year, they would not work at all, they'd have fun. You understand?

Well outsourcing is a giant wealth generator. People in these third world countries work for peanuts, and send all the goods over to us to buy at low prices.

You want to work all day? make everything yourself. You will work and work and never get anywhere. Trade is vital.

Do a lot of Asians go to the USA illegally?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_tourism

They're almost as worse as the Mexicans. Its a serious problem that needs to be taken care of.

What you dont understand is that Americans did those jobs 40 years ago and their inflation rate fit with their time. Their dollar stretched far further than it does for us today. Nobody is saying pay a fruit picker 200k salary. If the current wages aren't attracting the right help then the market would correct itself by raising the rate of hourly pay until there was a pool of workers willing to do the job for the market rate. America has been around since 1776 and has been unglobalized since about the 1960s. So from 1776-1966 (and dont forget that the 50s is often considered the golden age of america) americans were prospering. Then globalization started creeping up and wages stagnated and the middle class starting taking a beating.

Economic Gibberish.

you wouldn't refuse cheap foreign oil, would you? or cheap foreign gold? Of course not. Cheap imported goods are the same damn thing. they bring wealth into the country and do far more good than harm. They create far more jobs than they destroy, and the improve the quality of life far more than you can comprehend.

You take facts as gibberish?

Since 1960s the population literally doubled.

quandl.com/data/WORLDBANK/USA_SP_POP_TOTL-United-States-Population-total

You hear it all the time. "Low white birth rates!" So who are these jobs really going to? Have you ever walked down the streets of Silicon Valley? Theres no white people in sight. And what you described is a literally slipper slope.

>you wouldn't refuse cheap foreign oil, would you? or cheap foreign gold? Of course not.

Well if I accept cheap foreign oil and so does everybody else, its going to come at the expense of foreigners displacing Americans, to the point where the real Americans will cease to exist. You're sacrificing a short term discount on goods versus the economic stability of our country.

>illegals come here because they can make more money here than in Mexico.

Illegal Mexican here, personally that's wrong, I could care less about your office job or even your McDonald's job.

There only reason I am here is because I like the weather where I am, the place I came out of is hot as shit I can find another place down there with tourist area that will allow me to make 10x more dollards than wrapping burgers for niggers and red necks but I'll also have to use Spanish on a daily basis and I hate it.

I general and few words, I don't like the Mexican culture and weather and is the only reason I am here, if you cut all the jobs for me I'll sort to selling meth and heroin simply as that, you can't stop be with stupid laws, I am also economically literature so I know how to manage my money instead of spending it on frugal shit like a Honda hatch back

Sounds like a good way to make corporations leave America and make the country even shittier.

So what if they raised their price? No one would buy them anymore and switch to superior windows/Linux machines like they should be doing anyway.

1.) would force businesses to keep prices the same or die. Opportunity for new large corps to step in with some actual competition. Fuck all if they go bankrupt. Only the largest corporations can afford to be based in USA and move sweatshops to Indonesia etc.

They have nothing to fear.

Then they should be taxed at 500% for their imported goods. They either make the goods here, or pay the tax at the port or it wont be allowed to come to shore. They'll do it, too. You think they'd pedal their product in other countries when the USA is the worlds largest economy and the worlds 3rd most populous country? You think they'd make the same killing selling in other parts of the world where only like 5% of countries are considered first world? Yeah, right. Their attitudes would change so fast if they had a strong executive authority to check them.

You don't understand reading.

1.) Has nothing changing that would impact trade.

Who's talking about making changes to oil or gold? OP mentioned changing American stationed corporations that manufacture. Clothing, some tech, gadgets.

All companies that buff their bottom line by eliminating minimum wage laws. No effects on trade or anything like that. Only forcing them to pay minimum wage. Like another user has already posted. We did it for America's life up until recently, so we know is sustainable.

Hit the greed where it hurts. We used to have huge restrictions on monopoly businesses here. What happened?

ur a dumbass. I'm done.

kys

>Then they should be taxed at 500% for their imported goods

That's how trade wars start. The US still exports large amounts of material; we tend to do smaller amounts of very high margin goods, instead of vast quantities of cheaply made goods.

If we start taxing imports at too high of a level, other nations will retaliate by taxing out exports, and then just making the items for themselves.

Once that happens, that manufacturing will likely not return.

Why would they leave America if they'll still be charged the tax? If the company was or is based in the USA, they'd get taxed for using the minimum wage loophole

The only reason why the prices of goods are this cheap now is because of labor outsourcing. It's true that more people will have jobs, but prices of goods will increase as corporations need to pay higher wages. The average American will need to work harder for the same standard of living to compensate for the lack of cheap foreigners.

So many idiots infesting all boards with their American Firster garbage, you can't go to any board now cus they all look like pol with idiots trying to force feed their red pill everywhere.

Your first point will sink global economy so fucking fast that you'll go back pre 08 levels of shit, unfortunately the world revolves around America for a healthy economy and America relies on the other countries spinning around America for it's wealth.

Cut trade or even make it more difficult and see how fast the stock market plummet.

Pick a fucking book on trading before you come up with your mental farts out of pol

>you don't understand economics
>kys
>I'm done
>argues something completely different to topic
Typical person who doesn't really understand the economic impact something would have so they just say you don't understand.

To move to a country with more sane tax laws? If a company move the base to another country, US laws doesn't apply anymore.

Id say the opposite. If they retaliate, like you said:

>vast quantities of cheaply made goods

are easily replicated and easily massed produced.

>smaller amounts of very high margin goods

much harder to produce, and are produced in smaller quantities. These countries need to import them from America because they dont make them themselves. I think that the lack of cheaply made products would open up a position for a new company to come in and fill that void on the home front, to the point where we wouldn't even feel the need to import those things because we'd be making them at home.

Most goods are already at insanely high margins. They'd either keep the cost the same or, those goods that no one really needs, wouldn't get sold. Which most outsourced factories produce anyway so no harm no foul.

So, nothing needs to change for America eh? No middle class. No problem eh? Any better ideas on how to get jobs back into American working class' hands?

Or move to a European country which still allow hiring cheaper foreigners and sell their goods there instead

But they'd still be selling those goods to Americans which they could still be taxed for.

Are you proposing to increase import tariff for foreign products? That's a good way to destroy the American economy through isolationism. America can't survive without heavy reliance on trade.

Most American based corporations that continue to make multibillions of Dallas couldn't sustain peddling their shit on Europeans alone. They need the disposable income of Americans. Most of these companies could never have existed and Americans would have never cared. Those businesses I could see not changing the total economy effected by this change and if they wanted to take their balls and go home wouldn't topple the economy in process.

Maybe a tariff. Only for those who cheat minimum wage laws by hiring sweatshops basically.

Americans have high disposable income because of their corporations which bring wealth from US and the rest of the world. If corporations move away from America, the Americans will also have less disposable income.

How do you impose that on foreign companies? What about countries with no minimum wage laws like Switzerland?

>Any better ideas on how to get jobs back into American working class' hands?

Systematically kill all the baby boomers that are hogging the wealth and wasting entitlements, see America grow again.

Other than that starting trade wars will lead to one out of 2 outcomes,
1 we are out of this artificial bull market bubble and right back to depression

2 a country steps up the plate and takes americas place in the global trade and becomes the next super power, people will bow to them, watch their movies, desire their culture, brains will start to flock to them, top shell goddess will race mix with them while america stagnates with a bunch of Trump cucks screaming, muh country.

Number one is the most possible out come since there is no country ready to take America's place in global trade

>Americans have high disposable income because of their corporations

Like the converse isnt true! Its a symbiotic relationship, jimmy dean.

Not necessarily, not all millionaires and billionaires are made in America, the reason why America has so many rich corporations is mainly because the market is safer than other 3rd world/commy countries where they can take your wealth for any reason or cheat you out of it.

Is Americas stability that creates wealth first and foremost

hello business man. i am called drago and come from country of bulgaria

can you help me get business job in U.S.A ? i have many skills and degree from top university in bulgaria

my speciality ads "ideas" let me be your ideas man but i do not know what this job is titled in U.S.A

i pay you two month salary for good business job. please help

>So what if they raised their price? No one would buy them anymore
like i said no idea how the market works. if apple raises prices it only increases the buys. nobody buys iphones for value.

They do

Yeah, because Henry Ford really could have been able to become a millionaire by not assembling a massive work force to make him rich, and then turn around and give his employees more money to buy his products.

That shit will cost businesses time and/or money for something that can ne worked around anyways. Same thing applies to a wall, if there's a will to make a better life for yourself youre going to figure out a way around/over/under it.
Honestly we need to fix the fact that its so damn impractical to try to become a legal citizen in the first place, thst way vetted people can work towards citizenship and contribute to the country. That and stop enabling the drug war.
Im skeptical when it comes to conservatives trying to be "tough on" anything since it almost never solves any real problems but it looks good on statistics or out of someone's mouth but the problem is still ongoing. Its like feelgood liberal shit for the right

This assumes theres no slack in the labor market or that people wouldnt rather work in a factory than flip burgers. Ttade is vital but outsourcing is not. The products are at times worse, companies gail to innovate - when is the last time you saw a major improvement to a microwave or dishwasher. Plus the companies keep all the profit, tax bases are lower, and the worker gets the shaft.

Outsourcing essentially gives a massive advtanage to larger businesses with large capital reserves who can movw production offshore and not necsessarily the most efficient or innovative