/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

>Patch Notes
playgwent.com/en/news#6410

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Character Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

>Leaked Campaign
vid.me/SightlierGravy/albums/gwent-adventure

Consumed:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13388312/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

While I am happy to see the old nekker art which was better, I am disappointed at yet another thread without a Triss OP.

@182085854

kys

I've not abandoned you yet Siege Support and Trebuchet!

Nekkers are cute

>1 copy of three different bronze cards
nice blacklisting for a 40 card deck

Just a joke, actually run three of +4 to three.

>replying to someone that pretends to run 3 lacerates

the red potion is so fucking shit, drop it
you need 6 units on the board to achieve the same as a blue potion

>Pretends to run
>Not running lacerate
>Even in a shitty scenario against spell dwarfs and it's a 9 point bronze, against most decks it's more, and against consume it's ridiculous
This is the lacerate meta user. Any deck that isn't running 3 is shit.

can't wait for next patch to hit
lacerate will be capped to 8 targets because of reddit
and gravehag will be a 2 turn timer too, making card advantage and thus the coin flip even more important

only one solution really, FIRE FUCKING RETHAZ AND GET SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THE FUCK THEYRE DOING

Learn the fucking names of the cards.

I wonder what happened to that NA Iris poster

did he kys

#
Germany wouldn't be flooded by Muslims if it weren't for polish death camps.

>Gwent in closed beta is probably your favorite card game of all time and you play hours of it every day
>Gwent in open beta starts off shitty and keeps getting worse
>You had more fun playing a movement meme deck in ESL than doing your dailies in Gwent yesterday
>Already spent money on Gwent based on the strength of the closed beta and didn't expect the game to be completely thrown in the trash this fast

>Already spent money on Gwent
blame yourself, retard

>an extra turn to react to grave hag
>this would make card advantage MORE important, not less

are you unwell, user?

I came to conclusion that Letho is worthless. I think too many people got blindsided by their boner as they saw him slaughter a row of buffed up dorfs that they forgot how much negative value he brings in other games. Letho needs two otherwise worthless cards to be good, it's a card that loses CA in a game all about CA. Especiallly, now that his main archenemies Succ, weather, Morkvarg, Borkh, bears, all got nerfed into oblivion, he's even less useful. I guess he can still counter Hjalmar, and by counter I mean fail to match Hjalmar's value (13 vs 7+5).
Here's how Letho loses you games step by step:
round 1: even if you drew into your D-bomb, using Letho in r1 is irrational most of the time, because nobody except aforementioned dorfs aims to create a huge swing in r1. So Letho is relegated to being the worst value card in NG deck with some safeguard options.
round 2: if you lost r1, might as well just forfeit because Letho won't help. If you won r1, you want to use him even less, because you probably don't care about this round apart from bleeding the cards from the opponent, and Letho can't even help there. He's a 7 point bitch.
round 3: finally, you jumped through all the hoops and dragged his ass into round 3. Better pray to RNGesus that dbomb is also in the hand otherwise just mulligan him for a less shitty bronze card. Great, now your megahypersuperawesome Letho+DB combo is about to..not work. R3 is a waiting game so expect the trashiest card come out first. So unless you're +2 in cards (in which case you already won so who cares), Letho is bound to resign himself to slaying a couple of bronzes, or crones/witchers if stars align, giving you juicy 20 point swing for a measly price of a gold and a silver.
Letho is one of these cards that look sexy on paper, but in reality do not fit the paradigm of the game in general. He's both conditional and slow, and thats two grave sins too many for a tight neck and neck game like Gwent. Fuck Letho and fuck his bald head.

>8 targets
More like 4

>gravehag will be a 2 turn timer
More like capped at 15 just like beggar

And don't forget gigni only burning a 10 str unit. We don't want to kill units of people that buffed them so carefully.

>Watching a stream of a top 1000 player
>Say something dumb cause I misinterpreted the board state
>As soon as I realize my mistake, he reads it aloud, since it's a small chat
>Instantly close the stream and never watch again

I really liked him ;_;

I came to conclusion that Letho is worthless. I think too many people got blindsided by their boner as they saw him slaughter a row of buffed up dorfs that they forgot how much negative value he brings in other games. Letho needs two otherwise worthless cards to be good, it's a card that loses CA in a game all about CA. Especiallly, now that his main archenemies Succ, weather, Morkvarg, Borkh, bears, all got nerfed into oblivion, he's even less useful. I guess he can still counter Hjalmar, and by counter I mean fail to match Hjalmar's value (13 vs 7+5).
Here's how Letho loses you games step by step:
round 1: even if you drew into your D-bomb, using Letho in r1 is irrational most of the time, because nobody except aforementioned dorfs aims to create a huge swing in r1. So Letho is relegated to being the worst value card in NG deck with some safeguard options.
round 2: if you lost r1, might as well just forfeit because Letho won't help. If you won r1, you want to use him even less, because you probably don't care about this round apart from bleeding the cards from the opponent, and Letho can't even help there. He's a 7 point bitch.
round 3: finally, you jumped through all the hoops and dragged his ass into round 3. Better pray to RNGesus that dbomb is also in the hand otherwise just mulligan him for a less shitty bronze card. Great, now your megahypersuperawesome Letho+DB combo is about to..not work. R3 is a waiting game so expect the trashiest card come out first. So unless you're +2 in cards (in which case you already won so who cares), Letho is bound to resign himself to slaying a couple of bronzes, or crones/witchers if stars align, giving you juicy 20 point swing for a measly price of a gold and a silver.
Letho is one of these cards that look sexy on paper, but in reality do not fit the paradigm of the game in general. He's both conditional and slow, and thats two grave sins too many for a tight neck and neck game like Gwent. Fuck Letho and fuck his bald head.

good. the more people like you, the less likely the nerf becomes

delet this DELET THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW
I mostly agree with you though. He was more fun in closed beta where BTM could hit him and you could forgive him, and he was more viable without a combo because NR and Skellige both relied heavily on graveyard shenanigans and Letho could fuck a monster's carry. Now he screws up your card advantage and only really fucks queensguard which aren't super common or competitive anyway, and somewhat fucks spell dwarf if they start like a retard even though lots of other cards already fuck spell dwarf.

>spent money on a shitty f2p game where you can farm all cards within 4 months

accounts are free
nobody will know

>he
>Not exclusively watching female Gwent players
Get out of my general.

yeah, user. those are "females"

kek

>When three 7 power Dun Banner Cavalry smash down on the board round three
This deck eats up Scorch and Igni like cookies.
I just put down 12, 20, 30 more power next turn.

in order to continue playing gravehag, you'd need another card relative to your opponent, when going 2nd, and so on.
otherwise, she simply wouldn't be played at all, and effectively be deleted from the top end of the game.
it isn't rocket science.

Serious e-spurt

>keeps getting worse
I think this current patch is in the right direction

Dropped the game during the Skellige patch though

what

you would just have to play grave hag 1 turn earlier, meaning your opponent will kill her whether he has CA or not

>right direction
>a game with little interaction between players now has almost none
I swear you can play dorfs successfully even if you cover the opponent's side of the board with a blanket

>losing to dorfs

>dorfs successfully
I love this meme

you are a retard - and I don't even have a single dwarf in my collection, i scrapped them all

if you won the coinflip then you will have at least 2 CA come round 3

>premium'd my ocvist

thank you my friend, now I have something pretty to look at when I alzur or sheckle it

funny you say that, because my war longships are even prettier

For the longest time I unironically thought Menno is holding some kind of steampunk rifle

daily reset waiting room

t. 3 digit MMR
At 3k+ dwarfs, consume and all solitaire decks are 1/4 of your match ups plus free wins if you are packing literally any sort of interactions

Jesus some of you retards are reddit tier bitching little girls. No shit in a new unknown meta people will go with what is purely proactive since they don't know what interaction to pack, is this your first card game?

strawpoll.me/13388312/

Which factions are ya playing now /gwt/?

fog monters
its even more fun now after the patch

Post dick? I'm trying to get together a fog deck, not quite sure about some stuff though.

>tfw not a sociopath so i cant enjoy monsters

at 3,7k+ it's nothing but dagon, radovid, consume, and the occasional ST control
when it isn't solitaire, it comes down to the coin flip, since people generally know how to play the game at this level, and will always come out with at least one CA, if they win the coinflip, and thus will always win the game, unless they have a dead hand.

Even since joining the beta in December I always seem to end up playing Monster in the end to climb ranks

who /fundecks/ here?

I agree he's definitely overrated, but nothing matches the satisfaction of totally fucking decks like queensguard, foglets, buff dwarves.

The banish is what makes him interesting and worth using IMO, getting 60 value Letho+d-bomb combos is fun but there are other things that can do that if you're willing to expend a gold and a silver.

>53 strength Menno

wew lad

to be fair it hardly ever works outside of round 1 or whenever you get those golems out

still, unless they lock iris which people never seem to do menno guarentees you get some value out of it

>2 games in a row against consume
>Both times I open with Johnny into Cerys
>Does literally nothing

What the fuck, so he just does nothing if they have no golds in deck? He could at least fucking discard her

or you could just play her from hand instead of going one card down

>play Bran
>discard axemen
>now they have 4 base strength

i have ascended

they removed that so you wouldnt lose a card and get nothing in return

since, you know, sometime you play johnny on something other that ciri dash, raiders or cerys

AEGROTO DUM ANIMA EST

something amiss?

>I searched the collection for the word "reveal", and tibor was one of the golds that showed up, so I put him in my reveal deck!

these are the people you are beating, in case you were wondering

Aaaargh. Finally.

Jesus, fucking finally broke into 3000s with my reveal dick (the picture is just a game being glitchy as usual, actually I reached only 3100)

>be sub 3k
>lose 6 points on losses
>gain 50 on wins
>break 3k

thanks cdpr!

> Beat a top 1000 player playing dwarves
> Using a shitty discard SK

I'm surprised. And aroused.
And also fuck carryover.

>discard SK
>shitty

lol no

>fuck carryover

just win round 1 and play udalryk in round 2, my dude

YOU ONLY LIVE

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONCE

>lol no
It was a shitty deck with QG and no Cerys. No Ciri Dash nor Johnny either. It was a shitty deck
> just win round 1 and play udalryk in round 2, my dude
> beat 160 points
Could you be a bit less retarded, user?

feels good man

2 in a row now. 3.4k

Someone's edgy today.

Don't call that deck "Discard SK" though, that's not Discard SK.

And the (pitiful) result of keg opening. I'm now a proud owner of all NG golds

What deck should I use to cure cancer

>consume monster
>nilfgaard
>dorf

I mean, it's better than a one class meta. Still boring as fuck when it's not interactive and only who can play solitare better.

>Calling people retarded
>Using that deck

Wew lad

Never realised how bad assassination was Jesus. How are they gonna rework that one?

Destroy and Banish

So it's a 0 str Letho that targets 1 unit now?

In a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid does this look?

ye

>Go to twitch to net deck
>Everyone is playing weather monsters
I thought we had a patch

Still useless.

Did you topdeck Ciri?

way to miss on 150 points on mangonel value that round, user

Spellatael and SK are still the most cancerous decks

Everything else is T2, aside from maybe Dwarves

I am not wrong on this

>blocked ingame (i.e. fake) names

A solid 10.

gotta show that closed beta title though amirite

Might wanna download the patch if that's the case

Nothing else is worse

Consume is garbage tier if you run lacerate or rain against them

NR gets memed by placement and igni

NG is good but still T2

>try to play other decks after a month of Reveal
>feel disoriented because I can't see opponent's cards anymore

it's almost as if seeing your opponent's card is a crutch eh?

I forgive you, though.

This time.

>tfw I won vs SK queensguards as Radovid control
Whew.

>blocked ingame (i.e. fake) names
Fuck are you talking about?
> gotta show that closed beta title though amirite
Why the hell would I cover the titles?
Not interested in winning. Not even running golems.

Destroy and Banish, and hitting Gold units.

what to pick

Shhh...

Quiet or the commissar will hear!

Priscilla pretty easily. Zoltan Animal Tamer isn't bad if you don't like NR or you're fairly new (Since he's a tolerable neutral to stick in all your decks) but Priscilla's deceptively decent.

>16 boost value over 4 turns
>decent
You fucking what m8?
Take Zoltan

Vabjorn because he's getting reworked and knowing CDPR that means he's going to get super buffed