Anybody bored enough to help find an alternator for this fucking thing? It's a 1985 308 quattrovalvole (spelling...

Anybody bored enough to help find an alternator for this fucking thing? It's a 1985 308 quattrovalvole (spelling?) GTS magnum pi car. Yesterday he was asking if I could wire up an ls3 in a 74 firebird. Maybe he'll buy this thing and I won't have to touch it much.

Other urls found in this thread:

yoyopart.com/oem/7708124/ferrari-117967.html
allferrariparts.com/pn117967id48234.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

One minute my boss/friend wants to build a crazy fast restomod and today it's this. I know the owner and one day he let some kid take out his girlfriend in it. He had to get a jump start and didn't know how to close the hood. This happened. So it's for sale and my buddy might buy it.

How the hell did you get it? If you sell it, you'll make some great money. But it's a Ferrari, so if you decide to keep it, parts won't be cheap. On the bright side, you'll be swimming in pussy

$300 on eBay

You'd be suprised what auto parts stores can get you for alternators that the entirety of the internet can't.
You literally cannot buy an alternator for an early Porsche 928, the one right after the v belt, the 4 rib, on the internet, but you can walk into an autoparts store and for $200 they get you a rebuilt one tomorrow.

Does it cross reference these part numbers? I checked ebay for ferrari part number 117967 and only found voltage regulators.

yoyopart.com/oem/7708124/ferrari-117967.html

That's because it doesn't have normal hood struts, there's a detent you have to push in to close the hood. No worries, only 1/4 the cost of the car to replace and paint the hood.

Is that not easily fixable? I mean, not easily, but as far as problems go a professional should just be able to hammer it out right?

Like MGB's and Volkswagens.
Very common on old cars.

Here you go fag
allferrariparts.com/pn117967id48234.html
It literally took me 2 seconds using exclusively information you provided.

I'm starting to think it needs to be taken off,tested and rebuilt. I have'nt even checked the usual autozone type suspects.

Getting it repaired is likely cheaper, even though its an OE Bosch part it will have Ferrari tax on it.
I imagine it's got the same clock and bolt pattern as something else, you might want to check a 308 forum and see if they have an alternate solution, likely one that oupts more than a measly 80amps. 80amps at 12 volts is fuck all. You would be lucky to run the headlights and roll both windows down.

You moron. I found that shit quicker than you. I'm trying to help my friend avoid $1300 for a turbo.

>buys a 308 for $30k
>is mad when parts cost ferrari money
That's why the car costs fucking nothing, because it's not worth the maintenance.

I found interchangeable parts, but i have fucked with looking them up.

NASTRA A14767
VALEO 440032
BOSCH 0 120469578
FIAT 82389471
FERRARI 118801
VALEO 574751

Maintenance and repair are 2 different things dipshit. If you can get it for a song and it only costs $500 to fix? win win. You'll understand when you get off that schwinn

I have a 4cyl Esprit, The 910 is common as fuck, yet it has Esprit tax. Bosch K Jet is common as fuck, but yet, it has Esprit tax. Super cars are super cars, sorry if you can't understand that.

>it only costs $500 to fix
good one

If you just want it running and don't care about the car, sure, really just pick an alternator that works, aftermarket alternators aren't super uncommon, and as mentioned, it's not like it was a special snowflake in house part in the first place. It depends on how much your time is worth, and whether or not you want to be the faggot who fucks up and buys a part that doesn't work properly because the "correct" replacement was too expensive. The same thing happens in industry all the time, yeah, you can just figure out the specs you want and ship whatever you need from China, where it was probably sourced in the first place, but if you fuck up you're the asshole who tried to cut corners to save a few bucks instead of just buying the replacement part.

ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER!!! DO YOU SPEAK IT?? What the mickey mouse fuck does some little euro tax on your shitbox have to do with a freedom lovers FERRARI? You need to be fighting the Islamic horde in your country while you pay $20 for a gallon of gas OR litre or shekel or what the fuckever. You're gonna have a bitch of a time with that because you can't buy guns at the same store you buy oil and a filter like we can faggot. 240 horsepower is not a super car. Sorry little homie. Don't let that run you off, stick around and you might learn something.

Get it rebuilt. As long as the rectifier bridge and voltage regulator are ok, bearings are cheap, if you know a local supplier but usually alternator shops have a guy. Even so it's easier to find a equivalent voltage regulator then an original.

Dude, chill. I'm just looking for factory correct parts that might be used. That's all. Nobody has bought the car yet. my friend just wants an idea of how much it will cost to make it right before he pulls the trigger. I've known this guy since we were in diapers back in 1971 and he will insist on everything done proper. Nobody is nigger rigging a damn thing.

>this retard

I'm American. And yes the 240hp 308 was a super car, the Maserati Merak made 180hp, another super car. The S1 Esprit made 160hp, and that was another super car.
Sorry if you think that the only super cars are modern, but in the 70's and 80's 200 hp was good, Lamborghni was really an outlier with their power outputs, and their power didn't help in their performance, cars with half the power were outperforming them in every single area.

It's going to cost Ferrari money to maintain your Ferrari. If you don't like it, buy something else.

There were 3,800 308 QV's produced 35 years ago, and you're looking for used electronics out of them.
There are probably a handful of them on a shelf used somewhere, but you're going to need to be calling the person with them, not scouring google for them. A car that old and niche is a car that you need to be part of the community to get used parts for.

>being this mad

Alternators are maintenance items.
Check your book, my car calls for one every 60k miles.

It's probably a standard bosch alternator.

A lot of parts on those can be crossed to fiat parts. Distributors come to mind.

Just looked on Rockauto and it seems they have all the alternators, but they come without a pulley?

You swap the pulley from the old one to the new one.

Right. So the issue described in the post I quoted seems to be not very serious?

Those will all sit 1/2" too far out and it will throw belts. I have 3 alternators that I bought for it that were just pain wrong, they refused to let me send it back for a refund, they blamed me.