Kode 0

youtube.com/watch?v=S5N1Q-Ntr-w

thoughts?

>didn't want to add headlights because he liked the headlight-less look of 80's and 90's pop-up-light cars
>wanted a simple front end because too many cars these days overdesign the front
>specifically tried to avoid giving the car a face
>countach as inspiration
>70's wedge design as inspiration

I wish more designers were like this guy. He knows whats up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S5N1Q-Ntr-w?t=14m31s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
youtube.com/watch?v=S5N1Q-Ntr-w&t=131s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

when all your buddies have bugattis and paganis you gotta step it up a notch with a commissioned coachwork supercar. i dig it.
apparently guy was the head of pininfarina for a long time and designed the enzo.

Any cool looking design wouldn't be legal in Europe anymore hence won't get into production.

>didn't want to add headlights because he liked the headlight-less look of 80's and 90's pop-up-light cars
But he did, and they're ugly
>wanted a simple front end because too many cars these days overdesign the front
Ended up overdesigned anyway
>specifically tried to avoid giving the car a face
Which it got anyway because it's just a human thing to see faces in inanimate objects

>it's a frying saucer

what did he meano by sisu desu ne

> hence won't get into production.
it's not going into production. It's a custom built one-off.

That's what this guy does. custom one-two off cars by commission.

he sits over dinner with the client several times while they iron out inspirations and design decisions, and then he makes them a supercar, usually based on an existing chassis.

something about it looks extremely cheap i think its the glossy metal

>t. buttmad modern supercar designer

sorry not all supercars need to look like angry pieces of shit with too many edges

it's really just silver carbon fiber. The client wanted chrome, and he tried to do brushed aluminum, but they couldn't get that to work so they just made it silver carbon fiber.

for when you want your new design to look nearly 50 years out of date when it comes out

awful

>no face
>I like that

He's /ourguy/

AH so thats what looks cheap

Oh look, it's the contrary opinion man, how original.
Next post will be "why so obsessed"

I agree, but this thing falls short of its own design philosophy

I'm sure it'd look better if the front fender wasn't a different material, makes it look like two tone garbage as is.

>But he did, and they're ugly
imo they look fine. they are out of the way enough that they don't interfere with the simplicity of the hood, which does resemble something out of a 70's or 80's concept car, while at the same time avoiding modern angryface styling.

>Ended up overdesigned anyway
if you think that looks overdesigned, you haven't seen too many cars.

I mean if you want to be anal, every aspect of the car is overdesigned, considering every detail is made to order, and with a specific purpose and deliberately.

>Which it got anyway because it's just a human thing to see faces in inanimate objects
and it's easier in some things than other things. I'm not gonna see a face in my microphone because it has no easily distinguishable facial landmarks.

similarly, it's easier to see a face in a modern lexus, than in a car like this, which goes for a more alien look to the headlights, (vertical strips that blend into the black carbon fiber panels) and specifically designs the front to avoid a super grille mouth look.

nah its the little bitch wanting everyone to have the same opinion cuz any different hurts his feefees

kinda obvious your obsessed when you single me out when other people dont like it too :^)

Love u bb

I knew his name sounded familiar. Also yeah I wish I had the amount of FU money to get someone to coach build me some super cars.

Anyways OP I like it.

Looks like a bastard brother of the gallardo and murcielago

>imo they look fine.
I find them really ugly but that's not even the point, the point is why are they here in the first place if he didn't want them? It'not like they can't be hidden away, especially with modern tech

>if you think that looks overdesigned, you haven't seen too many cars.
It is though, that front splitter separated front he rest in the middle create a lot of lines, shadows and reflections, and need these protruding supports on the side with weird air vents

>and specifically designs the front to avoid a super grille mouth look.
Yet the design of the front with the lip separated creates a negative space that looks like a wide open grin, and the weirdly shaped headlight complete the face.

>A 1970's futurist tried to draw his own version of the Gallardo

I guess it's ok if you want something with a strong retro feel to it

youtu.be/S5N1Q-Ntr-w?t=14m31s
JUST

he is personally responsible for the angry trapezoid mouth and slit headlight meme

>its just a human thing
Its an autism thing
Get it checked out

This. Bet the owner's going to get asked all the time what model of Lambo his super special custom one off supercar is.

That is one fast lookin 80's door stopper.

You're right despite what these fags think >if you think that looks overdesigned, you haven't seen too many cars.
I think the differences in colors (i.e. materials used) don't help to make it simple. And this "lines" meme is so fucking annoying. It's the laziest shit a designer can come up with. He draws big lines on paper, thinks it looks kinda cool, and there you have a design. They think in terms of lines, but never in terms of shapes. If it looks good in 2D it doesn't mean it's going to look good in 3D. I mean look at the RX7, it doesn't have any lines and it's the best design ever made. It's not that complicated.

Nice retarded post
The RX7 is far from the best design ever made, and youre opinion is autism at best
Stop viewing faces on machinery like an idiot

It's basically lambo with a fiero-tier bodykit. Badly designed, badly thought and badly built.
Aerodynamics and windnoise in this abomination must be even worse than getting in/out

>countach as inspiration
I don't see it. I see a whole lot of Gallardo though

>doesn't have a single argument
>let's call him a retard
What's the best design ever made user?
Also educate yourself, amerifat : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

japanese brands should try and bring back 'updated' older styles, like how there's the pt cruiser, ssr, etc, expect better

same design cues as a lamborghini except he somehow made the door edgier.
>I want a car that appeals to 12-year-olds but instead of letting Lamborghini do the designing, I'll pay some nip to make it out of shitty materials instead.

>quotes pulled straight out of Jay Leno's garage.
are you even trying to make OC?
youtube.com/watch?v=S5N1Q-Ntr-w&t=131s

design stolen from those battlebots wedge shitters

I'd be ok with it weren't it for the lazy Lexus LFA rear.

t. autism spinner bot

Yeah the rear sucks and looks like some oil money trash supercar

It looks like one of those copyright-dodging mashup cars from Grand Theft Auto.

fucking disgusting.
It looks like something out of a 50's sci fi movie, which i guess is cool but not when the original car looks way better and aggressive and you basically pay extra money on top of a aventador to do this dumb shit to it kek.

Visibility is shit it's true. The whole interior feels wrong, like it was designed to be looked at and never sat in. The kode 57 looks head and shoulders above this design.

Kek he is a decepticon.

Anyways here is the car he did that i really like.