What car is this? I've had the picture for a while but never figured it out

what car is this? I've had the picture for a while but never figured it out.
is it a Toyota Soarer or maybe a Skyline with a bodykit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tsgnI4IOORU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

jzx90 methinks

>is it a Toyota Soarer
Lol what? a Toyota Soarer looks exactly like a Lexus SC300/SC400

>maybe a Skyline with a bodykit?
lol no

Its a Toyota Mark II aka JZX90 like the user above stated. We never got them in the states or anything equivalent to them

youtube.com/watch?v=tsgnI4IOORU

Mark II

Btw is there a reason why japs never brought anything worthwhile to the american/european market? Do they hate making money so much?

you must not understand how much it actually would cost to get cars like the R34 GT-R up to United States' safety standards plus not knowing how exactly well the car would do here with all the sports cars America was producing at the time. Just think about it lad. Sure it couldve been a total hit but at the time it was a big risk, a risk Nissan didn't want to take.

As for cars like the Toyota Chaser, I have no idea why Toyota didn't bring it stateside. The Toyota Cressida was the export version of the Toyota Mark II sold in Japan. But was only sold till 1992 which is the boxy X80. Maybe sales weren't good enough for them to continue making for the US market.

oops my bad i meant a Toyota Chaser which isn't far off

That being said Seventh generation
Toyota Mark II (JZX90's) are and more will be legal to import soon as time goes on as they started being made in 1992 which makes them 25 years old and eligible to import to the United States of America. G-d Bless.

Are you sure that a r34 skyline wouldn't have passed american or european safety standards back in the day?

the R 34 is legal in Europe

we don't have import laws regarding time of a car

>Are you sure that a r34 skyline wouldn't have passed american

Yes, because this is a fact. You can look it up and read about it yourself. I'm not spewing random bullshit.

>First off, since it is now 2017 it is legal to import 1992 vehicles that never met US FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) as regulated by the NHTSA, DOT (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Department of Transportation). This is because the Code of Federal Regulations Title 49 part 591.5(i), also written 49CFR591.5(i), says you can. Title 49 has to do with transportation while 591 is the section called - IMPORTATION OF VEHICLES AND EQUIPMENT SUBJECT TO FEDERAL SAFETY, BUMPER AND THEFT PREVENTION STANDARDS.

note, that is Federal. Places like Florida where degenerates import Japanese cars under 25 years old is very sketchy and I wouldn't drive it outside of Florida.

and I can't speak for European safety standards because 1. I'm not from Europe 2. I don't know shit about European safety standards.

I'm wondering why nissan/toyota/whatever japanese manufacturer never officially sold these cars here despite there being a market for it. Seems like retarded japanese business tactics again

bruh you sound underage if you think its as simple as "wow theres a large market here for it, so they should have sold them here because i says so"

fucking idiot.

weebs r trash and japs know they have no money so no need to target cars at them

>never met US FMVSS

But were they ever tested for it? Doesnt that mean that every car never sold in the US never met US safety standards because they were never tested?

Sure Nissan already knew how good it was with R32 and R33.

>But were they ever tested for it? Doesnt that mean that every car never sold in the US never met US safety standards because they were never tested?

exactly.

Going to answer both your questions with a final answer I found which only took me 5 secs to find online.

1) In order to mass produce the Skyline for the U.S. Nissan would need to design a left-hand drive configuration which was not possible because the RB26DETT's twin-turbos were located exactly where the left-side steering shaft would need to be. Engineers proposed creating a mirror image powerplant, with the exhaust manifold on the right side of the bay, but the idea was scratched because estimated costs of the additional R&D + factory changes were higher than expected return from U.S. Skyline sales.

2) Japanese cars have to meet certain company guidelines before it is decided whether or not they should be sold in other countries; there has to be a significant reason why a specific car should be exported. Japanese sports cars especially need to have strong roots in the country of destination, and since the Skyline never existed here in the U.S. ever in the past, if it were introduced the consumers would most likely not take notice. It wouldnt be an effective expenditure of time and money to redesign a car just so that it may drive on the other side of the road, in countries who had no knowledge of the car's history.

3) Now, why was it never brought here earlier during the 80s, when Japanese sports cars were numerous? The early R30 Skyline models had no place in the States because its role was already filled--by the ever so popular Z line. Compare the Skyline's history to other Japanese sports cars that actually exist here in the States: Mazda's RX-7 has been here since the 70s, but even with such deep roots, importing ceased. The Supra has been here since its birth when it separated from the Celica--yet the car was axed from Toyota's lineup, even with their firm financial status. Would Nissan, especially with a failing business, really want to send out a sports car to a country where Japanese sports cars are digging their own graves?

4) U.S.'s SUV preference.

Perhaps times are changing now. The U.S. is starting to see more "gimmicky" cars show up on its roads. The Japanese predicted that the next auto hype would be rear-wheel drive, high-performance compact sedans. Well, the Toyota Altezza made it here as the highly popular IS300, and Nissan's XVL concept is on the final stages of being put to use as the foundation for several Nissan model changes like the Altima, and some new models as well. Other "interesting cars" include the upcoming rally cars, as well as Mazda's RX-08, with its unorthodox suicide doors. As for the Skyline, many are saying that the next model will find its way to the U.S. but will it be a REAL Skyline, with ATTESSA, HICAS, & ~300hp? If not, I say stick with the Z -- the only real Nissan sports car that North America knows...

>exactly

So your 'it would have been expensive' is just your assumption

read the rest of the post below "exactly". It isn't an assumption.

There is more skylines than the r34 gtr

and the post below that explains it.

Are you trolling/shitposting or are you really just this ignorant/hardheaded?

It's literally retarded assumptions that could be from an american skyline fanboy forum. Thank god this company is in the hands of renault now

Ok...

fiero with a bodykit

It's a JZX100 Mark II

I thought people knew about them

you're incredibly ignorant

may be because I live in Europe that didn't know about it

plenty people in europe have them.

Also it looks nothing like a Nissan Skyline GT-R with a bodykit

Yuropoors have had them to play around with tho

a shit plenty of them are here. Never seen one around here. I've seen R34s, R33s, R32s and so on but never once a Chaser. There are a handful of them in Germany. Maybe around 5 to 10 (Chaser and Mark II combined).

I must have missed them since I've never seen them here in Germany. and looking for used cars i found one that's imported.
also that skyline with bodykit wasn't meant seriously.

it's jzx100

>is there a reason why japs never brought anything worthwhile to the american/european market

you're late faggot

this was my first instinct but then i second guessed myself
I hang my head in shame....

jzx90 jzx100 same thing you're one model off. dont think about it too much lad.

Correct, JZX100 mark ii

To all the dickheads who posted jzx90 kill yourselves.

There are three models in the JZX100 chassis designation.
The cresta (luxury version)
Mark ii (taxi version)
Chaser (sport version)

They also came with two variations of the 1jz, the 1jzgte and 1jzge the latter being non turbo, both were vvti as far as im aware.

Yeah, the jzx90 chassis came with a diesel as well which is pretty gud and economical. Jzx90 to jzx100 is the same as e30 to e36.

kill yourself, its the same thing

Hey aint this Reilly's Cressida?

Jzx90 isn't the same thing at all as a jzx100. Different engines, different chassis and different body style.

yes

Toyota Chaser
We have a few getting around here in Melbourne they are fucking fast.

Im in Melbourne and own a chaser lol. With a down pipe, boost controller and 3 inch exhaust they almost keep up with the new Mustang. A gtx3076r, front mount, ecu and some injectors and you're just shy of 500hp. Around 3k aud to do so.

congrats you are literally a few days late you stupid fuck.