If your car doesn't have more than 1 wheel horsepower for every 10 pounds of curb weight, it is slow

If your car doesn't have more than 1 wheel horsepower for every 10 pounds of curb weight, it is slow.

pic related, a slow car

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?t=326s&v=xwpka_DDJis
thedrive.com/new-cars/10793/the-2017-honda-civic-si-is-a-drivers-car-once-again
fastestlaps.com/models/toyota-gt86
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nice bait
bait sage

mfw hellcat srt is underpowered

Did anyone ever claim the 86 was fast?

Also a slow car, by those rules.

1 whp for 2 lbs curb when

If your car doesn't have at least 1 cup holder per cylinder it's slow

The supra is slow and pigfat

Well for the gt86 that's only 170whp:2700lbs

And my wrx that's 230:3200

230:3200>170:2700

it's almost like tracks have straights and fast corners instead of being real life initial D.

>damage control

>under 5 sec 0-60 in the 90s
>slow

Bet its faster than your shitbox

I think my mom's minivan is faster

My civic si is cheaper and faster

Go and ask her since you're not old enough to drive

Based on the numbers my mom's minivan actually is a pretty close match. Why do boy racers think these things are fast?

>Buying a 4 cylinder mustang
>2017

>civic si
Enjoy that understeer user

>MOM THESE GUYS ON THE INTERNET SAY THEIR CAR IS FASTER THAN YOUR VAN!

It's very well balanced and there's nothing wrong with being understeer as opposed to over steer

No where in a race do you want to lose traction or agility like that.

It's a recycled fwd econobox with a beefier engine, they're evenly matched in straight line speed. The civic falls behind with its cheap suspension

>Why do boy racers think these things are fast?

They watched too many 1000HP 2JZ videos on Youtube. They were good in their day but the only reason think they're some godmachine is because they have an engine that takes boost like a prom queen takes dick.

Except it's not. The civic si might use the same chassis but it has better suspension, an lsd, a different better transmission, a better high compression engine etc

There's more to the si than "just a beefier engine"

I don't agree with the post.

>No where in a race do you want to lose traction or agility like that.
Did you honestly buy a civic si for the sole intention of racing?

Sure nothing is wrong with understeer, but can you honestly say you prefer understeer to oversteer?

F A K E V E N T S

Dual wishbone > multilink

>Did you honestly buy a civic si for the sole intention of racing?
I bought it because it was a cheaper faster sports car than a brz. It produces more power and more torque

BTW 2015 si, I can't speak for the new 2017

The wrx ratio is higher than the brz ratio

One can turn. One cannot.

Do you really think the Civic is a sports car? There are plenty of cars cheaper and faster than the 86. Obviously the whole appeal of the platform is lost on you.

True, but in the canyons weight is still key to handling. It's not like it only has 100hp or some ridiculous number, it has enough to be fast on the right roads

Yea it's a sports car. It's a car that is advertised and designed as one. It's not sold as some commuter car, it's sold as a sports car

>Inb4 some esoteric definition "it must be red" or it doesn't count because I said so

The brz low torque makes it awful for climbing any kind of hill

The wrx will out perform the brz in a hill climb of any sort

m.youtube.com/watch?t=326s&v=xwpka_DDJis

At 5:20 ish the guy turns onto a hill with a slight incline, the gt86 barely fucking accelerates and this is because of its stupidly low torque and torque dip that everyone bitches about

Compared to the 86 the transmission and suspension is not better, engines are comparable (except for latest turbo si)
None are a deal breaker
Sports trim doesn't necessarily make it a "sports car"

>Compared to the 86 the transmission and suspension is not better,
Honda is known for their amazing transmissions, the brz has the shit Subaru transmission that's know for lunching itself

The engines are comparable but the civic still produces more power a lot more torque and has a superior suspension system

>Sports trim doesn't necessarily make it a "sports car"
It's a sports car. A sports car is not defined by its drive train. It's defined by its nature as a performance oriented vehicle. Calling the civic si a "performance trim" is just reductive and disengenuous

>Subaru transmission that's know for lunching itself
Nice meme, Those were the 5spd transmissions early WRX's had, they don't like so much abuse or power.
It's FWD and recycled economy car chassis

Honda transmissions have been lacking in the past 10 years. The Civic might have better suspension technology, but the 86 handles better and weighs less. Don't forget the seating position is much better compared to the Civic.

Also, a 2005 Neon SRT4 outperformed a 2015 Civic SI in every way. Pretty pathetic. At least the Civic has a nice interior though.

>It's FWD and recycled economy car chassis
Thanks for proving you're just being reductive and retarded. The chassis being used on another platform means little you're just trying to point it out as some sort of flaw when you can't even come up with why the particular chassis is bad in any way.

There's nothing wrong with fwd, it provides superior stability, better fuel economy, cheaper production, less drive train loss =more power. You just have some hate boner for fwd because you're engrossed in Veeky Forums memes because like Veeky Forums you wanna be the expert on every car you've never driven

I sold my 2013 frs for a 2015 si and I've never looked back. The frs was such a piece of shit for the money

So the WRX, Mustang GT, Golf GTI, Taurus SHO, and Eleantra sport are all sports cars in your opinion?

>Honda transmissions have been lacking in the past 10 years.
What are you talking about? Honda has been using the same close ratio transmission for their si since 2005. It's an amazing transmission and I've never heard of anyone bitching about it. Just because it's 10+ years old doesn't mean anything, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Newer doesn't automatically mean better

Fuel economy and cheaper production should be irrelevant for "sports car" I'm sure the 86 would have better performance if they didn't have to build each chassis aside from impreza platform
> I sold my 2013 frs for a 2015 si
Lol you're a moron, nice job taking a huge loss for nothing. If "performance" is what would be important you'd buy a better car

Yea, they're designed, made, advertised and marketed as a sports car you fucking retard. The mustang is one of the most iconic sports cars, the wrx is literally Subarus iconic sports car, they didn't design it as some econobox. Every advertisement you see surrounding many of these "performance trim" cars you wanna keep calling them are all focused around the driving experience, enjoyment and performance of what makes up a sports car

>it's irrelevant because I said so
>it's a fwd econobox chassis and that's bad because I said so

>I have blind conniptions about it because I'm autistic
>If "performance" is what would be important you'd buy a better car

2nd gear grinding is notorious for that transmission m8

I too would be upset settling with a civic after an actual "sports car"

>If "performance" is what would be important you'd buy a better car

I did its a better car

>the brz would be better performance if they built it off a chassis they already made
These have nothing to do with each other, what you're Implying is that the chassis is bad because it wasn't designed around a previous model which is erroneous and a retarded comparison

It's not a problem, the only retards who complained about "second gear grinding" were boy racers who slam shifted every chance they got because they were granny shifting the entire way. Man I wonder why gears grind when you don't use the fucking clutch

The performance between the civic si and 86 are too close, he took a huge loss and is angry about it
A dedicated chassis is always better, it costs alot less to produce a car with recycled one which is why he thinks he won with the lower price
Kinda like the retarded glass subaru meme you pulled

>Lol you're a moron, nice job taking a huge loss for nothing.
Actually I didn't lose anything because the civic si was so much cheaper lmao

>13.9
The fucking SRT-4 ran that in the quarter stock 14 years ago

You bought an frs guy, no way you got your money back outta that turd that is known to drop value especially two years later

>The performance between the civic si and 86 are too close, he took a huge loss and is angry about it
I saved time and money because the civic si was literally 6k cheaper lmao

>A dedicated chassis is always better, it costs alot less to produce a car with recycled one which is why he thinks he won with the lower price
This car has been around for going on 6 years now, using this as an excuse is retarded, the civic chassis for the 9th Gen civic chassis has been around for a little bit longer you're just running out of excuses as to why the brz is bad because at first you kept screaming "it's an econobox chassis it's bad" but now it's "the brz chassis is bad because it's not based on a recycled chassis already lmao

>I did its a better car
Could you explain why it's better again?

You said it's faster but that's not true, the cars have almost the same rate of acceleration. honestly it would be a driver's race.

They both have solid transmissions.

The 86 has better steering. The 86 also weighs less and has a better seating position. The 86 handles better.

The Civic is cheaper and has a better interior.

Honestly, it really depends on what your priorities are from a car.

The car was still worth 23k after 1 year (bought it for just under 25)

The 2015 civic was only 22.5k

I never said the brz chassis is bad, I said it's better for a dedicated chassis as opposed to recycled civic one
Except he fucked up and bought the civic because he thought it was better for races
Sounds like a dumb trade

How is that literally 6k cheaper?

>The 86 has better steering. The 86 also weighs less and has a better seating position. The 86 handles better.
Unfounded nonsense, the 86 has a worse fucking suspension, a worse engine less torque and you can feel it all the way. Who the fuck cares about seating position that's all preference. I'm 6'3 and the civic had way better leg room for me.

The civic si has a better more modern interior, none of the plastic rattles or resonates, the speakers aren't shit and won't drown themselves out when you turn it up, the insulation is better which means less road noise and bullshit. It was cheaper and didnt come with fucking Honda fit size tires like the brz comes with prius tires. It actually came with real slicks lmao

The car is more responsive and it's stiffer with a higher rebound so bumps aren't ass. It maintains superior traction in wet surfaces and doesn't suffer from a blatantly obvious torque dip

>I never said the brz chassis is bad
By saying the brz chassis would perform better because it's not based on another chassis literally implies you think it is bad. Even then it's made up bullshit you're trying to shoe horn because you know know fuck all about it

kek

>Unfounded nonsense, the 86 has a worse fucking suspension
Worse how? That doesn't mean the Civic handles better.

A lower seating position is always better, especially on the track which is what you seem focused on.

>The civic si has a better more modern interior, none of the plastic rattles or resonates, the speakers aren't shit and won't drown themselves out when you turn it up, the insulation is better which means less road noise and bullshit
All of this which makes the Civic heavier.

>It maintains superior traction in wet surfaces
Sure, because it's FWD. Again, it comes back to the understeer. Some people prefer oversteer.

Stop acting like your arguments are facts and not based on personal preference.

>A lower seating position is always better,
No its not, the comfort of the driver is what determines a good seating position. You can move your fucking seat all over the place the civic si has power seats you know. I don't want my fucking head touching the ceiling or my legs all cramped up in the fucking dashboard.

>you seem to be focused on
You don't need a track to know how a car handles idk why you have such a raging boner for benchtimes and shit.

>it makes it heavier
so fucking what, it almost seems like the weight doesn't fucking matter when the car produces significantly more torque and power. According to you they're similarly performing cars that really says something doesn't it?

>understeer
understeer doesn't mean fuck all, you point this out as if its a bad thing when its fucking not, its merely a tendency of a car to turn less than expected thats the definition of understeer. Oversteer is the samething but opposite; a tendency to turn more than expected. You don't want either no matter what the fuck you're doing.

>some people prefer
wow I'm so glad you can at least recognize other people's opinions for a second you were displaying symptoms of autism not being able to comprehend that other people have opinions

>yfw hellcat isn’t 7000lbs

Slower than my 1980s Buick.

>thedrive.com/new-cars/10793/the-2017-honda-civic-si-is-a-drivers-car-once-again
>civic si
>7:43
>fastestlaps.com/models/toyota-gt86
>BRZ nurburgring
>8:44

gtfags on suicide watch

>OVER A MINUTE SLOWER

Bro at this point you're convincing yourself of your purchase of the si. I'm sure for an econo car chassis it's fun and handles fairly well, but I've never heard anyone call an si a sports car.

hence why nobody keeps it stock

>umm I'm not wrong you just have post purchase rationalization
>repeated retarded memes and arguments that got btfo 50 posts ago

>You can move your fucking seat all over the place the civic si has power seats you know
A 2015 civic will never have a seating position as low as a 86.

>You don't need a track to know how a car handles idk why you have such a raging boner for benchtimes and shit
So you have no way to explain that the Civic handles better? Do you just mean that it is most comfortable to drive? The 86 has less body roll and can attack a corner much faster than the Civic. Do you deny that?

>weight doesn't fucking matter when the car produces significantly more torque and power.
Obviously it does since the Civic has more power and isn't notably any faster than the 86

>You don't want either no matter what the fuck you're doing.
I enjoy controlling oversteer, and do so almost every day.

>wow I'm so glad you can at least recognize other people's opinions for a second you were displaying symptoms of autism not being able to comprehend that other people have opinions
Dude, you're the one who keeps repeatedly saying the Civic Si is a better car when in truth it is just better for you and your needs from a car.

>A 2015 civic will never have a seating position as low as a 86.
Literally who fucking cares, I don't want the seating position of the FRS, its fucking preference. Thanks for proving you are 100% autistic for being unable to comprehend other people's opinions.

>So you have no way to explain that the Civic handles better?
So you have no way to explain that the BRZ handles better? IIRC you made the claim first so I'm curious.
>faster corner attack
says you, a bench racer who doesn't know fuckall

>Obviously it does since the Civic has more power and isn't notably any faster than the 86
Its 100lbs heavier, which is literally nothing, its not statistically significant.
>not notably faster
its over a minute slower
>I enjoy controlling oversteer, and do so almost every day.
more like
>I like killing my fucking tires doing donuts in a parking lot
There is literally nothing wrong with understeer. I don't want oversteer its far more a dangerous situation that oversteer just by nature that an understeer maintains the direction of the cars forward momentum while oversteer causes the car to turn while the momentum is separate of the direction of the car. Understeer is far easier to kill than oversteer simply by killing the power to the wheels with the clutch and using the brake. Oversteer requires countersteer and brake control that is far more involved than understeer. Same shit applies to AWD vehicles and understeer, easy as piss to kill and manage.

>Dude, you're the one who keeps repeatedly saying the Civic Si is a better car when in truth it is just better for you and your needs from a car.
No it sounds like you're so autistic (and you've proved it) that you're incapable of understanding and comprehending other people's opinions which is a literal symptom of autism.

nigga the Civic Type R got the 7:43, not the Si. But the Si is still probably very competitive if not faster than the GT86

>Literally who fucking cares, I don't want the seating position of the FRS, its fucking preference. Thanks for proving you are 100% autistic for being unable to comprehend other people's opinions.
You mentioned oversteer being bad for the track. I figured you valued qualities that make a good track car. A lot seating position is key, that's why I brought it up.

>says you, a bench racer who doesn't know fuckall
How many times have you been on a closed track with your civic?

>Its 100lbs heavier, which is literally nothing, its not statistically significant.
Are you saying a 2015 Civic SI weights 2875lbs? Because that's just not true.

>its over a minute slower
You talk about benchracing and claim I rely on track times and that is your response? The 2017 Civic Si uses a completely different engine and platform. Not to mention it's lighter than a 2015 Civic Si.how is that video relevant whatsoever?

>No it sounds like you're so autistic (and you've proved it) that you're incapable of understanding and comprehending other people's opinions which is a literal symptom of autism.
You keep making claims and moving goal posts. You said your civic was literally 6k cheaper than your FRS. Yet you said you paid less than 25k for frs and 22.5k for the Civic.