What will car insurance cost for my 16 year old (male) son?

What will car insurance cost for my 16 year old (male) son?

Gonna get him a

At least 200 bucks a month

its gonna cost you an extra $3,000+

>son
MODS

Sorry, I mean my wife's son

>but if I'm already spending so much money on insurance I might raise the budget

WHAT THE FUCK KINDA RETARD LOGIC IS THIS?

SPEND MORE SO YOU DONT FEEL SO BAD WITH A SUPER HIGH MONTHLY INSURANCE PAYMENT?!?!?!?!?

I had an accident, ticket, and a camaro and my insurance was $1200 so I think it'll be 800ish

Tell him to get a job and he can have the car on condition that he pays the insurance and upkeep of the car himself. You don't have to pay, and he learns that life isn't a free ride.

$800. But you can pay in installments to my patreon .

Just get liability insurance if its only a 2k car. Otherwise youre quickly going to pay the entire cars worth in insurance and have nothing to show for it.

Why the fuck is it so much
He takes multiple honors classes at an insanely difficult private school, that's his job. No need to make it any harder ATM. I'm going to get him a manual transition so he can work on it himself so upkeep is no biggie. Kid loves to do shit like that
Explain, how much will that cost me?

It depends on where you live. In North Carolina, it would probably be under $2000 a year to add him & a new car to you and your wife's insurance policy (just liability), but I think it can get a lot more expensive in other states.

>Americans have to buy their children cars or get disowned and put in a retirement home
Heheh

Post car

what does your son look like? is he cute?

I had friends that their parents bought them a car, but made them pay insurance, maintenance, and gas (bare with me). Now if its something the kid wants, or the kid agrees on the deal, fine. But i had a friend who didnt really care about getting a car, but his parents bought him some 1k beater 4x4 v8 truck. At 1st he was happy just to have transportation, but due to
>being 16
>a male
>4x4
>V8
>junker
Between insurance, gas, and constant repairs, he had to work almost full time at his part time job just to break even every month. >Parents refused to let him sell it
>would ground him if he didnt fix it right away
>would get pissy if he just rode with friends and "not using his car he should be grateful for"
Eventually is got stolen, and i never saw someone so happy about it.

When I was 17 I bought a first gen Impreza. Insurance was $56/mo with progressive and none of that ob2 tracker bs

Motorbike insurance is cheaper and if he dies, you get to make another one.

Get him a cheap whatever. 4 door underpowered $2000 beater with good A/C. Insure it minimum liability, uninsured motorist, and personal injury. Rinse and repeat until he is paying his own way.

Yikes

I'm talking cost per year not month

Best way is just to keep registration and insurance in your name until he's 25

He gives you money, but technically you pay it

Insurance rates for males under 25 are the highest rates you will ever get

here in seattle I put my daughter on my insurance. because she lives in the house the insurance company says she has access to all the cars on my policy not just hers. this at first raised our bill up $2200 for 6 months. she was an honor student and all the discount crap. she's 19 now but still runs an extra 1900 for 6 months. it was still cheaper to have her on our insurance than for her to get her own. Her car is a 04 mazda 6 so nothing fancy. there are 4 cars on our policy.