Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YYrCy_xCfl0
youtube.com/watch?v=YyaGsHKV1kY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Play Ed

One day we'll have an OP post that isn't waifus. One day.

Reminder the new Tekken7 hori (HORI Real Arcade Pro N) sticks have similar input lag to new 2017 hori rap V

youtube.com/watch?v=YYrCy_xCfl0

and is also faster than Hori rap4 with hayabusa buttons (which is basically 2016 version of hori rap V)

If you are buying a stick right now and WANT HORI, get the tekken7 hori / HORI Real Arcade Pro N

brown is best

No bullshit, I'm hoping this EVO turns things around. I've accepted that fighting games will always be a niche community, things are probably better that way. Unfortunately interest in the genre seems to be on a decline relative to recent years. Ultra felt ALIVE and the tournaments were looking active as hell.

I don't care what game it is, I just want something to electrify the community that way again and get people excited to play/watch/read/learn every single day. Here's hoping this EVO will be a fun one.

play cummy blasterz

this desu

damn nigga it took a whole day for that last thread to die

what happened here

evo is too esports now and is more of a convention rather than a tournament for most people and they admit that pretty openly both the go-ers and the organizers
i hope some other tournaments get a good spotlight so everyone is excited for every tournament

brown grand sniff fighting game when??

>If you are buying a stick right now and WANT HORI

explain to me why he's not honest

I use the Panthera, but Horis (beside the vewlix editions) are cheaper

tournaments are bigger now than they were then in players and viewers what are you talking about nerd. Ultra was what 6 years in or some shit so we knew the names of all the good players. SFV may suck dick to play, like sf4 did, but you actually are lying if you can't enjoy top level play as dumb as it is.

man sfv sucks

what do the crumbs symbolize

Already do on steam. I assume that one is considered the best version? Also, saber best blaster.

They're also worse. Last gen it wouldn't even be a question, but this gen, or really any stick after the Fighting Edge, I don't understand the Hori purchase.

I just don't see the sport in it.
That and it always casts doubt over who is really the better player in my eyes, because its impossible say they were on a level playing field, as both sides believe types of controller have advantages over the others, and if you believe this then you cannot deny another player is being allowed to have a physical real world advantage over his opponent, taking the game out of the game essentially. It's no longer about the game, or the characters. It's about who brought what peripheral.

All the most sportsman like sports have strict rules about these kinds of things.
FGC does not.
F1 one racing comes to mind. Basketball(want to wear 5 inch tall platform boots? go for it), golf(want to use a heavier ball? Sure, why not.), even football(deflate it or inflate it howeverrr you like!).
In the FGC how players play isn't streamlined, or controlled, or regulated in anyway. Which shatters any idea of actual sport or fair competition.
Even if both sides used sticks, it still wouldn't be fair as there is nobody to make sure one stick doesn't have modifications to it that put it a cut above the others.

Sports thrive when there are rules like this because they make it interesting and fun for all parties involved.
Long post is long, just my two cents.

i see an anus. and I also see an asshole posting it
fucking pinhead, what if I was at work?

post your favorite anime game character

Who's ready for some Kemono Friends?
youtube.com/watch?v=YyaGsHKV1kY

meeeeeeee

>another player is being allowed to have a physical real world advantage over his opponent
Not his fault the other guy doesn't want to use the better input method. No one is preventing him from doing it.

So why should sticks be the standard? Why not pad? Or keyboard?

You just want people to play the game how you want to play it. Sorry but that's the underlying fact of it. If you and I both believe we have the advantageous control system, neither would begrudge the other player their inferior one, so who cares? There are rules about inputs. One input = one output, etc.

holy...

Arcade mode
Extra battle
Ibuki and Alex nostalgia costumes

kawaii

I don't know dude, HRAP.V 2017 and HRAP N both also have headphone support. And have one of the lower input lag

Qanba is the one doing shit this gen

Is this from the same creator of the super fuck fighter 4 games or whatever?

top level sfv is fun to watch but how is a tournament bigger with lower entry numbers?

The very same and it looks really good.

The FGC does have rules about it though. Typically it is:

>1 input = 1 output

Entries are higher though.

cause their are more tournaments now and people can't go to all of them. Remember how fucking nutty cpt was last year? there was a "major" literally every single weekend

big tournaments are bigger now then they were then where are you seeing otherwise?

Literally Tekken

It's bigger than ever, biggest since Tekken 3

The Panthera and the Dragon both have headphone support as well and if you gave a shit about input lag you would just drop a Brooks board into your stick because it shits on everything else. Those sticks also have the benefit of not using fucking trash Hori first party sticks and buttons and with the cheaper cost of the stick comes a much more plastic case that has been known to warp, break, fade, and in general be, you know, plastic.

what about those macros in tekken or marvel?

the rule is if you can set it in game its not a problem

the problem is when people wire sticks so they have a button that does diagonal inputs and shit

I wasn't advocating for any particular controller, sorry if it seemed that way.
I'll be honest even though were anonymous it wasn't easy putting that out there cause I know everyone here would flame me but what I said is mostly true.
An you're right, nobody is forcing anyone to use any kind of input method, inversely nobody considers fighting games a real sport because of it.

How many times have you seen people ask pad or stick, or keyboard?
The fact nobody even knows or can tell you speaks volumes.

>I've accepted that fighting games will always be a niche community
Damn..if only there was something we could do.

hbr do you have t7

nah panthera doesn't have headphone support

In-game button settings like "Push this button for LMH all at once" are acceptable to map to extra buttons because they're built into the game and thus expected to be used as part of the structure of the game.

am i gay furry now

Are you talking about 1 button supers? Those are built into the game as a single output.

The point is, you aren't going to be allowed to bind things like a PEWGF to a single button press.

>How many times have you seen people ask pad or stick, or keyboard?
>The fact nobody even knows or can tell you speaks volumes.
That just means everyone has different opinions.

No.

Oh I could have sworn it did, my bad.

The vsav is anime meme needs to die

yeah
now shut up and take this fucking knot, nyaa

The only problem with the Hori stick cases is the cable compartment, the little door is really flimsy. Other than that it should not warp, break or whatever else unless you're purposefully trying to do that.

go win a NRS game tourny and find out

That isn't the reason.... random casuals in the street aren't looking at that one Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus setup at your weekly and going "Man, if only everyone played this with the same controller it would basically be the Super Bowl"

People don't consider Fighting Games a real sport because they're video games. They're no more a 'sport' than Poker or fucking darts. They're games, not sports. And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that. ESPN hosts competitive games such as those, as well as sports. And thus Evo got on.

In the end FG's will get as far as mobas and fps's can bring esports. FG's aren't going to be the ones changing things. We'll just ride in on the coat tails of other genres building acceptance of playing video games for money and on TV. That's how it is.

Everyone using the same set of Donkey Kong Bongos to play isn't going to change that.

the people ask cause they think it matters for something and that they could magically be better if they used something else

I live in Vegas, it hits 48C outside. One guy put a HRAP in the trunk of his car, which was probably a good 50-52C and it fucking melted. Now obviously that's an extreme case and it's probably not going to happen everywhere, but plastic is plastic.

Anyone tekken 7 pc or doa5lr xbone us?

The vsav isn't anime meme is worse

how do you guys feel about visual novels being more popular than your genre?

don't care considering a good amount of VNs are shit

Then how come Blazblue only has 150 entrants?

Yeah I dont think any visual novel ever broke a million sales.

katawa shoujo did

>OELVNs

>free game
>sales

did it though

its gonna reach a million generals over at /ksg/ though

that place is a fucking site to behold I don't even think they have anons posting in there anymore just trips and I don't know what they even talk about

What if it's VN fighting games

WHAT IF there is no good fighting game and we all just gave ourselves stockholm syndrome in the training room?

tekken is hype

>trainingboaring
lmao

just like posting on Veeky Forums. you're here forever

>be me
>play fight game
>my face when people not me play OTHER fight game

i want to prolapse your anus

any pro tips on looking like a crafty smug cunt

playsim

Should I go to VSFighting mate

Why are goobers still asshurt that SFV is popular?

it's not

goobers got vanquished, its all kappa now.

It's not? Still has the most entrants at EVO, am I wrong?

imagine if you were a dad and you had a son who was like 16, and you find out that he plays sfv
how crazy would that fucking be? he plays laura too

>feel when seeing broski waste his talent on one of the worst dumb-down fighting games in recent history

oh well as long as he's having fun

I wonder how many no-shows there will be this time

dunno, never been to it before

Oh yeah he should waste his talent on a dead game instead.

Look at this guy, so eager to defend sfv like the bitch that he is

remember when goobers lied about their game growing and being higher than tekken and injustice at EVO

I'm not defending SFV I'm just stating facts, it's not my fault you got you hemorrhoids sore by what I said.

Tekken would be so fun if the movement wasnt so shit

how does this make you feel?

knee vs jdcr is more hype than literally every single match in sfv history put together

Tekken winner finals are lit

How good is Feng?

What's the best arcade stick manufacturer?

I'd say either Hori or Qanba.

very good

Jesus christ this Knee vs JDCR match is out of control

Most well rounded character in the game

>timeout into timeout
yeah amazing.

Xrd is literally the only game to have an increase in attendance since the previous Evo. I'd say the game is growing.

Tekken and Injustice are fad games that start with a huge number of players that dwindles over time. SF5 also shed 50% of its player base since Evo 2016.

Keep making fun of 'Goobers' though. Have to keep your fragile ego intact somehow.

Where can I subscribe to your blog? I want to see more of your daring opinions.

calm down peter