clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Cram in completely unbalanced civil era tech here:
mwomercs.com/civil-war

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCnhoHlTV68
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for dashing and kakos removal

Invite please

>Javelin
>Armored Core still listed
>MWLL still listed
>HAWKEN still listed
>Heavy Gear Assault still listed
>M.A.V. (lol) still listed

Just make a fucking /mwog/ already

>playing mwo unironically

I thought people here were just shitposting about mwo all day while pretending to play it.

just like kong is pretending to participate in the mrbc

double digit damage in MRBC

>tfw every match is a dick sucking contest where at least 3 people in your team do less than 100 damage

Wait, shouldn't that be a "dick waving contest?"

not everybody can have a dick

Well they are just not trying hard enough! Hasn't /b/ taught them anything!?

I miss 8v8 where you could consistently carry 7 shitters.

>Implying deadweight shitters can be consistently mediocre

>Mech general
When did this become a thing?

When someone though it would be a funny joke to rename the general after Greg.

So like I don't know 2 years ago? It's still just MWO general but whenever someone changes the name back some autistic shitposters have a fit about how they talk about other games besides MWO in this general, which they obviously don't.

Kakos's Kong Kommandos when

Implying we do not practice daily already as

Sredacted Shrikes
Predacted Punishers

GONK drops happening

neg

Who are you quoting

How's the grabs?

Supernova or Marauder IIC? looking for fun

Superdoa was bad to begin with and engine niggering destroyed Mad IIC, they're both shit.

I see

can you explain the engine nerfs? i've been away for a bit since banshee release

"go fuckyourself :D" t. PGI

basically

Basically they made accel/decel, turn and torso twist rate independent from engine because spheroids were butthurt about clan xl engines.

In theory this was supposed to normalize the agilities of mechs of the same weights and make shitty mechs better. In practice it assfucked all the good clan mechs into oblivion, let PGI make up welfare buffs and debuffs to any mech as they please, and the agilities aren't normalized to tonnage at all.

>In practice it assfucked all the good clan mechs into oblivion
Such as?

so are all clans garbage now? I like the feel of clan mechs a lot more but I'd rather pilot just about anything but a Kodiak

All the battlemechs that could fit a big engine

no he's just some asshurt shitter who only used the best clan heavies in the game and now is upset that they are marginally worse but still the best mechs in the game

>0 kills
>0 assists
>0 dmg
>disconnected
>28 match score
what did they mean by this

Kodiak, Marauder IIC got anal annihilation because one of the main reasons they're good was because you can put in a big engine, except now it does nothing and they handle like trash.
Timber Wolf is omni-locked into a big engine that does literally nothing now.
Night Gyr survived the first wave of engine shittering but then they specifically nerfed it into a direwhale tier barely mobile turret.
ECM nerfs hit Hellbringer.

All other clan assaults were already trash before the engine change, and clan heavies apart from the big three of EBJ/TBR/Niggyr were shitty too. Then they nerfed clan small pulse to the point it's basically deleted from the game, which removed the only meme Gargoyle and Executioner had so they're even more obsolete than before. The only clan heavy/assault that escaped clan blanket nerf wave #115 was Ebon Jaguar.

>Kodiak, Marauder IIC got anal annihilation
Marauder IIC still being the best assault in the game. Kodiak got fucked but good riddance.

>Timber Wolf is omni-locked into a big engine that does literally nothing now.
Still makes you go faster than every comparable IS heavy.

>Night Gyr mobile turret
That's why they call it turretwarrior online, game is nothing but ridge humping with long range shit and the Night Gyr is the best heavy in the game for it.

>ECM nerfs
IS don't have ECM?

>Marauder IIC still being the best assault in the game
The king of shit mountain.

>Still makes you go faster than every comparable IS heavy.
Who cares, you don't have to be the fastest, you just have to be fast enough to not fall behind and that engine is a massive waste of tonnage with all it's agility benefits removed. If TBR wasn't omnishit I'd downgrade the engine in a heartbeat.

>IS don't have ECM?
They don't have a mech that's locked into no endo no ferro with 0 quirks.

>The only clan heavy/assault that escaped clan blanket nerf wave #115 was Ebon Jaguar.
oh... but that's what I'm piloting now and was hoping for a change of pace

the Jag serves me well but I just wanted some fresh air

Name a better assault than the Marauder IIC.

>big engine that does nothing
>actually it makes you go fast
>lmao who cares

ok

Stop taking shitter tears as facts.
Only mech that's objectively significantly worse after the changes is the Kodiak.

>Name a better assault than the Marauder IIC.
If something is the best among garbage, it's probably still garbage.

>actually it makes you go fast
What does going faster than necessary actually give you? You can get to brawl range and die with your nonexistant agility, nonexistant spls, inferior srms and bad hitboxes faster lmao

Name a better assault than the Marauder IIC.

Yu Huang

Shen Long

>not wanting to go fast
I'm not even the user you're debating, but what the fuck do you mean by this? Going fast isn't just about getting to facefucking range, it's also about being able to control where shit happens and hit objectives first. It's about being able to drag the enemy team's formation apart, getting to cover well before your opponents can, and being able to chase down and quickly deal with enemies who think they can bait you into running into their team before you kill them. If you didn't think being able to hit at least 81kph in every single viable non-assault clan 'mech was an advantage before, especially in the objective-based modes, then you'll definitely notice when that advantage is missing once sphere gets LFE.

Completely different fag, but going fast is highly useful but doesn't feel as good when your robot handles like shit and can't keep up with the speed it's running. Feels like an enforced piloting check penalty whenever I hop into my frustrated feline and realize not even agility kwirks can save its shitty twisting.

>they had to remove CSPLs because of a handful of nerds in meme cheaters were cutting through IS butts like butter

Really makes you reevaluate the average IS player skill

Put weapons in arms.

Good luck "controlling where shit happens" when every map has designated killzone shitting streets and designated shitting hotspots. Good luck using that speed to get into cover and manouvering between positions quickly when your acceleration is trash. Good luck catching some locust or commando squirrel in your clanky overengined heavy. If you have to cap in objective-based asscancer, your team's actually fast mechs have fucked up and you've already lost.

It was because shitteroids in their turboquirked srm assaults couldn't handle novas in scouting.

>clan mechs shittier than ever
>the old man davion squad would still manage to somehow lose the next tukayyid resulting in more clam mech nerfs

there is no escaping it

Lo Wang.

>you will never escape the piggy grind zone.

I only hope pgi takes notice when the world cup features IS mechs everywhere and only a few non shit clan mechs.

w-what

They nerfed clan small pulse damage from 6 to 4, didn't proportionally reduce heat which tanked the weapon's DPH to dogshit along with alpha damage, and also didn't remove the ghost heat limit of 6 from them. The weapon is in practice deleted from the game because it's totally useless now.

Removal might have been preferable to what they did to them.

IS shitters actually think they are a dps weapon now when clans are always limited by heat.

LITERALLY better off with CERSmalls now, which is laughable considering how those god nerfed as well iirc

so what i'm gathering is that the twelve laser nova is as dead as dead can be

No 12 small lasers is still decent

>decent
>small lasers with the duration of IS er larges

what if kong was in charge of balancing mwo

game would be a clan assault mech simulator

Golds would probably quit when they don't get fed their quarterly clan nerf babby food

SO
*loses a tukayiid*
YOU BE SAYIN
*brings std commando with a single large laser to scouting*
SO YOU BE SAYIN
*plays stock build with shs*
WE WUZ
*fills invasion dropdeck with lrm xl stalkers*
WE WUZ SOME KINDA
*pledges to davion*
MECHWARRIORS AND SHIET

git gud at holding your aim

Not so sure about small lasers since that's a bit closer than I prefer getting in my Viper, but I always have my medium lasers set to staggered fire so I can fire one at a time if I can't keep track of the target well (i.e. Locusts), or blow all four into someone's backside before running like a madman. While it doesn't have the raw alpha of firing all of 'em at once per shot, it saves a lot of heat and wasted damage potential if you're trying to focus on a difficult target.

ach is the most mega megaman.

how do I join kong

>he hides his tier

>does less damage than the weapon its supposed to be an upgrade from
pgi

You go on mumble.

>mwo playerbase youtube.com/watch?v=rCnhoHlTV68

this is why clams get nerfed

"Tier 1" matchmaking

>team just marches in to one spot on the map
>they all wait for someone to move
>"push forward"
>only me pushes forward
>"blah blah ur gonna die"
>get killed
>"see just like that"

>team has great positions, high ground, favourable cover, enemies are spread all over
>whole team runs into low ground because muh push meme, get surrounded from all sides and dies
Fucking snow maps

When that happens I just announce where the hidey hole is, go back to spawn and SD and get into a queue while the shitters are contained in their game.

>spectating someone
>2x LRM15s
>med laser
>we're losing like 5-9
>he decides to just charge in to a bunch of 5 enemies to brawl and dies

I'm really bad at this game, but when I spectate people I actually appear to be in the top 10% of players. I'm a tier 5 pilot.

Premade shit team does not know how to nascar on caustic
Team tries to run away when the enemy is nascaring into our flank
So we get killed slowly one by one

>don't nascar pls you leave the assaults behind :(

>team nascars anyway, leaves assaults behind, assaults die and we get pushed in and lose
wew what did they think was going to happen

No the assaults were the first to run away when enemies appeared on the radar

The assault got left behind because they couldn't keep up when everybody ran away

This is why I have 5 assaults gathering dust. Really rewarding, that grind, definitely worth it. What a joke of a playerbase, Steam release was the worst thing they could've done.

nascar has been a thing years before the game came out on steam

>he thinks i'm talking about just nascaring and not the problem of assaults getting left in the dust
I played during beta and that was almost never a thing unless you were running a weapon boat with a smaller engine.

OwO the game was different five years ago?

>OwO the game was better five years ago?
ftfy

This is the only part of the video that you'll ever need.

>people think assaults are useless anyway and leave them behind
>assaults get left behind and end game with 0/0/50/90
>people get confirmation that assaults are indeed garbage
>assaultards blame the team and continue playing with them

The only way to stop this feedback loop is to stop dropping with trashcans

Is it not the same with people who keep playing with the police urban mech?

>MRBC state of the union address

What did boogey boy mean by this?

>just don't play assaults lol
Do you work for PGI?

he said he was disappointed in all of us and he's leaving kong for a more serious team

Where is proofs??

So what has been the general consensus for new tech? I wasn't around for the PTS but have seen some vids. I would like to know how far off I am from the mark in my assessment.

Light gauss- side grade AC10 which is how it works in TT. Put this on light stuff and be a huge pain in the ass I guess.

Heavy gauss- Its a charge up AC20 with a stupid screen shake. Off the top of my head, it should be doing AC20 damage out to ~390m however I do not know if this is the case or not. Ammo will be a problem.

Streaks/ERLas/UAC/LBXs- looks good to me, copy and paste job from clans.

MRMs- I was hoping these would be sorta like MW2 lrms and it happened. Missile shotguns, look really fun but cant say how good they will be.

RACs- dps fun guns. A pair seems to be the magic number so far. Question is how much damage do they do per bullet?

Snubbies/LPPC- working as intended, going to see a bunch of these I think.

Heavy PPC- its shit. Its hot, heavy, crit hungry, has the retarded minimum range and gets the damage split CERPPCs have. Pretty much no reason to use it. PPC+LPPC is a single crit more and does the exact same job.

RLs- consumale that takes up minimal tonnage, good for when you have a shit ton of missile slots you arent using. Ass openers en masse.

Laser ams- its going to be walking rave parties and shut down dumbasses. Put on gauss builds.

Heavy Las- disappointing colors, long ass duration but that was expected. Burst damage going to work well for lights and mediums I think.

ATMs- completely unexpected minimum range. Look slow as fuck. Pretty shit if you dont play them as lrms.

Stealth armor- havent seen enough of it to make a comment on it. looks to keep you off thermal which is pretty neat, plus ecm. Tie this to gauss rifles and be invisible to the pubs.

Ho off the mark am I?

>So what has been the general consensus for new tech?
IS get more tonnage/survivability to play with with Light Ferro Engines. Medium lasers upgraded to ER.

Everything else wont be used. Goose/pepsi and vomit will still dominate.

>Forgot to even mention LFE and LFF

Guess I have brain problems. LFE are going to be on just about everything. LFF is kinda situational in TT, with how optimized MWO mechs are I dunno how much it helps here.

Lights will probably still use plain ol' XLs

LFE wont be as common as people think. Mostly on assaults, but things like lights and mediums will still need all the tonnage they can get to compete so XL for them. Most heavies can choose.

LFE will be great for a lot of Heavies and Assaults, not all, but many. For lights and Mediums, they'll mostly stick with XLs.